[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I marathoned this show and it's honestly one of the best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: screenshot_16.23.png (434 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_16.23.png
434 KB, 640x480
I marathoned this show and it's honestly one of the best western action shows I've ever scene.
Why is it that not many people remember it as other shows at the time?
>>
>>82035179
Because people don't like the theme song because it has a countdown in it.
Now watch gargoyles.
>>
File: Toonami01.jpg (35 KB, 890x500) Image search: [Google]
Toonami01.jpg
35 KB, 890x500
>>82035179
>Why is it that not many people remember it as other shows at the time?

Because pic related.
>>
>>82035238
theme does suck ass but it's a good show.
>>
>>82035238
I-I liked it
But that's probably some nostalgia
>>
Because nobody remembers shows from that period in general. 2003-2009 was kind of a shitty period for Western animation, save for a few standouts.

>>82035268
Theme song gets points for that one season where they updated it twice mid-season based on who Shredder was at the time. It's the only time I've ever seen a Western cartoon do that.
>>
>>82035268
Fuck you its one of the best theme songs and mu h better than the 80's version.
only TMNT theme that is better is objectively the 2012 theme.
2003 is good and only bad one is fast forward. Last theme song was still good even if the season was bad
>>
>scene
>>
>>82035364
>Fuck you its one of the best theme songs and mu h better than the 80's version.
No its not.
>>
>Close to Mirage
>No stupid shipping
>No referencesfest or stupid characters
>Peter "I don't give a fuck about tmnt now" Laird worked on it
This show was THE show.
>>
>>82035179
Honestly while overall the writing seems to really love the original Eastman and Liard comics, there were times where it didn't actually respect it. The show had problems and I'm not even going into Fast Forward which kinda sits up there with The Next Mutation and the last season of the original toon where everything was going wrong.

Most of the problems come down to how they handled the cast. While it's an Apples/Oranges deal if you like or dislike the way Shredder and his mythos was changed, the writers eventually just got bogged down into approaching things in black in white. Specifically, "Leo is always Right, Raph is always Wrong," kind of ways, ways that meant that Raph had to arbitrarily fuck things up or have the Incorrect idea of what to do. If the show wanted Leo or anyone else to shine, they purposely had the other character fuck up. Compared to the 2012 cartoon where every character has gotten a chance to shine on their own merits, I watched *alot* of the 03 cartoon and apart from the initial story arc when they meet Shredder (where the other turtles got on Leo's case for trusting the guy) I never saw him be in the wrong like that for the rest of the show.

Also, Turtles Forever was Bullshit. Goes back to the black and white thing: "Our NEW show is awesome and cool, but look how stupid and lame the old show was" They took two funny jokes (the 80s turtles refused to use their weapons, Raph's breaking the 4th wall) and then just repetitively misrepresented the 80s turtles and they contributed little but acting like screwballs. Even if the 80s toon was crazy, it was a product of its time and the way TF treated it was utterly disrespectful.
>>
>>82035179
I think /co/ judges it for it's entirety including the crappy Fast Forward season, which I personally consider a spin off. Up until that season the show is pretty solid and has my favorite incarnation of the Shredder.
>>
80sfags who grew up on the shitty 80s cartoon control a large chunk of the media and hate 2K3 for not being exactly the same.
>>
>>82035179
Aired in somewhat obscurity, airings became sporadic later on.
>>
>>82035438
2012 theme song is a better fixed version of the 80's version.
2012 and 2003 theme song (original) are in the same tiers
>>
>>82035364
Fuck you, it's hot garbage. Just because you gargle hot semen for a living doesn't mean everyone else is a faggot.
>>
>>82035259
I'm still annoyed that, when CN got reruns of TMNT, they shoved onto Miguzi instead of giving it a slot on the Saturday Toonami lineup in 2004/2005. I think it would've done really well on Toonami.
>>
File: error in turtles.jpg (24 KB, 728x419) Image search: [Google]
error in turtles.jpg
24 KB, 728x419
>>82036047
>Even if the 80s toon was crazy, it was a product of its time and the way TF treated it was utterly disrespectful.

Making fun of it is like making fun of Super Friends or the 60's Spider-Man show. It's not just that it's crazy, it's also crap and therefore OK to mock.
>>
>>82035347

Fuck you, He-Man was god tier!
>>
>>82037127
Hi David Wise.
>>
>>82035364
I agree
>>
>>82036975
Some of the errors were so bad, they can't be showcased with a single frame. That's some horrible quality right there
>>
>>82036047
>Honestly while overall the writing seems to really love the original Eastman and Liard comics, there were times where it didn't actually respect it

Wasn't the point for Laird to adapt and improve the Mirage comics while always veering enough to make the show still different? That doesn't seem like disrespect.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.