[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Why bother reopening the breach when Zoom is stranded on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 17
File: darkness.png (463 KB, 800x877) Image search: [Google]
darkness.png
463 KB, 800x877
>Why bother reopening the breach when Zoom is stranded on Earth 2 and is dying of speed cancer?
>Why didn't Barry just knock Zoom the fuck out?
>Where did they get high quality life sized cardboard cutouts of Zoom's parents?
>Why did Barry give Zoom his speed when there was literally no guarantee Zoom would leave them alive?
>Why didn't Barry call Ollie for some of the speed dampening nanites he used on Reverse Flash?
>Why didn't they rig the speedforce sapper to fuck Zoom up?
>Why is Hunter's origin so lame?
>Why did no one question where Jay was every time Zoom was there?
>Why didn't Harrison immediately recognize Jay's/Hunter's face?
>Why did no one on Earth 2 realize their Flash had the same face of a prolific serial killer?
>Why would Hunter say "this is a complication" after killing Jay if that was his plan all along?
>Why are they pushing Barry and Iris when they have negative chemistry?
>Why is Hunter such an edgelord? That motivation for pretending to be a hero is seriously weak.
>How do you kill a past self without killing your present self? a la Eddie's death killing Eobard?

I honestly think this episode may have been worse than the bee hacker one.
>>
>>82034160
>Conscience
>You expect logic from a Greg Berlanti show?
>Wells' magic watch
>It was either that or let Wally die
>lol you really want more Felicity?
>Drama. This is still the CW and they aren't at the season finale yet
>Berkanti show
>Jay left to do his own thing early on. Plus speed mirages.
>Beards and long hair go a long way to fucking with facial recognition
>See above
>Search me
>They don't have negative chemistry. You just don't want them together. Which is fine, but it's far from negative.
>You say that like comic Hunter is a bastion of good motivation
>He was killed in an alternate universe so it doesn't count I guess? It's a Berlanti show,
>>
>>82034160
And both of those episodes were the eighteenth episode of their respective Seasons. Coincidence?
>>
>>82034411
But Zolomon said he wasn't fast enough to do speed mirages
>>
Anon, those are some good points and require a thoughtful answer to each of them. Luckily I have one
SPEED FORCE
>>
>>82034465
Well he isn't fast enough to do speed mirages through 2 worlds.
>>
>>82034411
>Beards and long hair go a long way to fucking with facial recognition
This.

Do people really think a beard and long hair arent going to be enough to obscure the fact that the best known hero of a major city who wears no mask has the same fucking face as a serial killer of recent fame in a world where there are almost no serial killers?
I mean come on there are probably only a few million people in that city and you are telling me one of those paltry million is gonna notice who this guy is...he had a beard and long hair. It isn't like hed make public appearances on national tv or something.
>>
>>82034411
>>82034160

They don't have negative chemistry, but they have no chemistry. They act like uncomfortable acquaintances with no real reason to love eachother, other than the fact Barry grew up in her general proximity.
>>
>>82034583
It just seemed like him laughing off the idea of a speed mirage to me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MZxY8GiSOs
>>
File: confused black guy.gif (737 KB, 200x250) Image search: [Google]
confused black guy.gif
737 KB, 200x250
>>82034411
>>Conscience

>after Barry murders every single E2 rogue
>>
>>82034731
>after Barry murders every single E2 rogue
Except ZOOM apparently
>>
>>82034411
>>lol you really want more Felicity?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque

>>82034609
>>82034411

Did you guys miss the fact that Harrison said serial killers are extremely uncommon on their Earth and as a result they get a lot of media attention and notoriety? In a city as large as theirs its simply unbelievable that no one would think "hmm, this Flash guy looks like that one famous serial killer"
>>
File: whocouldhebe.jpg (384 KB, 1000x559) Image search: [Google]
whocouldhebe.jpg
384 KB, 1000x559
>>
>>82034652
>>82034411

By negative chemistry I mean they have the whole incestual vibe going on. Think of it this way:

Patty and Barry - chemistry, they work well off each other and seem comfortable with each other.

Cisco and Caitlyn - neutral chemistry. Just friends who like each other and spend a lot of time together.

Iris and Barry - negative chemistry. They're like Cisco and Caitlyn except their sibling status makes romantic interaction even weirder.
>>
>>82034810
>Don't be stupid, the serial killer had a beard. Flash doesn't.
>>
>>82034973

Actually you know what, if DC civilians can't figure out glasses its probably too much to ask them to see past a beard.
>>
>>82034160
I'll answer some of these.
Hubris he thought Zoom was defeated just because he was a little faster. As soon as Barry thinks he has the upper hand he does something he shouldn't. Like when he almost beat up RF when time remnant RF came back or when he prevented RF from going home.
>How do you kill a past self without killing your present self? a la Eddie's death killing Eobard?
>>Why didn't Barry call Ollie for some of the speed dampening nanites he used on Reverse Flash?
Probably because of Harry's guns can do the same thing?
>Why didn't they rig the speedforce sapper to fuck Zoom up?
Zoom might have figured it out since he was in close proximity.
>Why did Barry give Zoom his speed when there was literally no guarantee Zoom would leave them alive?
Utter stupidity on Barry's part, but Zoom might start killing everyone too.
>>
>>82035935
>>Why didn't Barry just knock Zoom the fuck out?
>Hubris he thought Zoom was defeated just because he was a little faster. As soon as Barry thinks he has the upper hand he does something he shouldn't. Like when he almost beat up RF when time remnant RF came back or when he prevented RF from going home.

So the answer to "why did barry act stupid" is "because barry is a stupid person"?
>>
>>82036003
I said hubris not stupidity. Once Barry thinks he has the upper hand in things he makes a mistake. When he captured RF in the earlier episode RF comments "you're messing with something you shouldnt have" or something along those lines which mean Barry's hubris caused him to make the mistake of almost killing Cisco.
>>
Doesn't zoom require regular speed juice injections?
>>
>>82036062

If barry's hubris makes him act stupidly then is he not a stupid person?
>>
>Episode 18 of season 1 was the bees one.

>This is episode 18 of season 2.

Maybe it's some sort of curse.
>>
guys what if

Ironmask dude is Wally but he has to speak the speed formula to fast

So he teaches Wally the formula via morse code and Wally saves the day
>>
The moment where Barry just gave up his speed made me drop this show.

Jumped the shark of idioticmoments.
>>
>>82036104
No it's a character flaw. The only stupidity was the decision to give Zoom his speed which was a plot contrivance.

Zoom is basically evil Barry as Barry does get a smug hubris when he's the Flash but its minute as their origins are almost the same, except Zoom's dad killed his mom in front of him. His dad taught him how to kill. If Barry's dad did the same Barry might be psycho too.
>>
/co/ is being rather melodramatic over this.
>>
>>82035935
>>How do you kill a past self without killing your present self? a la Eddie's death killing Eobard?
Oh forgot this one.
Zoom is a time remnant. He will probably be erased like RF was at the end.
>>
>>82036332
Just answering questions my man.
>>
>>82036332
I missed the talkback yesterday because I got home late and now I'm kind of glad I did, I had a lot of fun with last night's episode

Also to the people asking about Zoom saying this complicates things, he was referring to being stranded on Earth 2 when they closed the breach for good
>>
>The Hunter that was pretending to be Jay was a Hunter that had already gone back in time to become a hero hence why he was okay to get killed for a plan.

There you go.
>>
>>82034160
Also didn't Harry kill turtle? Why not use turtles powers to slow Zoom down? Did they even do anything with turtles murder?
>>
>>82036618
Other than Jessie having a hissy fit and baling, no.
>>
>>82036332

Why wouldn't you be mad that a previously excellent show that successfully executed a giant talking CGI shark... jumped the shark?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (555 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
555 KB, 3840x2160
So was he basically playing Hero and Villian with himself? I wish Zoom never unmasked, its pretty meh to see Teddy Sears playing a pyscho killer
>>
File: riddler.jpg (38 KB, 387x302) Image search: [Google]
riddler.jpg
38 KB, 387x302
>>82034160
>I honestly think this episode may have been worse than the bee hacker one.
>>
>>82036332
Perfect match between show and audience then
>>
>>82036779
It should have been E2 Eddie.
>>
>>82036779
Pic related didn't happen. It was lie he told.
>>
If Zoom brought a time remnant, why weren't Time Wraiths after both of them?
>>
>>82034160

>Why bother reopening the breach when Zoom is stranded on Earth 2 and is dying of speed cancer?
Conscience AND we don't know exactly how long it would take for Zoom to die. Could take even a year, and by then he'd easily do a ton of damage to Earth 2

Classic dumbass mistake of being caught in the moment

>Where did they get high quality life sized cardboard cutouts of Zoom's parents?
Happened before when they were training Linda. Still haven't gotten an explanation. I just assume Cisco has cardboard cutout superpowers on the side

>Why didn't Barry call Ollie for some of the speed dampening nanites he used on Reverse Flash?
Ollie's busy getting his shit ruined by Felicity

>Why did no one question where Jay was every time Zoom was there?
I questioned where Jay was even when Zoom was on Earth 2. Nigga was never around

>Why are they pushing Barry and Iris when they have negative chemistry?
We have no idea what their romantic chemistry is because we've never seen them in a relationship

>Why is Hunter such an edgelord? That motivation for pretending to be a hero is seriously weak.
The mistake you made was thinking superhero TV shows on CW could ever be considered 'deep'
>>
>>82034160

Ray made those. And he's fucking about through time with Rip and friends at the moment.
>>
>>82036908
Why didnt this happen, I really thought it would be Eddie. Hell i would had take Earth 2 Barry being Zoom but they scrap that idea and went with Jay
>>
>>82036553
They said everyone on Earth 2 was bad.

-Hunter sees his dad killed.
-Hutner becomes killer.
-Hunter acquires speedforce.
-Hunter shaves becomes Jay
-Jay is a hero for awhile until Zoom comes
-Zoom might be infected with something "cant stop the darkness". Maybe a time wraith infected him.
-Zoom is future Jay, steals Jays speed, portal opens
-Zoom makes powerless past Jay work for him
-Past Jay is killed, Zoom remains, Zoom is time remnant

The man in the iron mask: Jays father orrrrrrr good Jay from an alternate earth.
>>
>>82034411
>It was either that or let Wally die
But Wally was already safe.
>>
>>82034160
Yeah Zoom is dying, but no one knows how long that will take. In the mean time, Zoom is still free to murder as much as he wants with zero opposition.

What annoyed me is that Barry still gave up his speed even after Zoom let Wally go. I was expecting a Superman 2 plot twist and was disappointed.
>>
>>82034160
>He thinks serial killers aren't edgy
>>
>>82034160
Earth 2 wikipedia, or archive photos of Earth 1 parents

>>82036104
Because he is THE FLASH.
E2 flash is a living example of what happens to Barry if he succeeds in life, without questioning himself.
>>
>>82034609
Considering his mug shot, he'd been sporting the wizard look for a while. When all you can see clearly are the eyes and a little bit of forehead before he goes out and becomes clean cut as fuck. Now you have a more youthful face, the lower part of the face is now actually seen, changing the style of hair also changes the way the rest of your head looks.

This isn't even applied comic book logic, this is how fucking Witness Protection does it.
>>
>>82035030
Ya know.. I never really noticed how much Clark Kent looks like superman
>>
>>82036988
It would have made more sense especially since Iris is struggling to move on.

I would rather have evil not Muh Eddie than Jay right now desu.
>>
>>82036919
Well with the shit he said he did I can believe it now.
>>
>>82037713
Which is funny, because we all know Bruce Wayne is Superman.
>>
>>82037906
what? Are you crazy?
Bruce Wayne is an old man with far too much money to spend. Why the heck would he use his time to fly around Metropolis?
>>
>Barry and Hunter's final fight is so vicious it ends with Hunter having amnesia and the good in him taking over his personality
>He becomes Jay Garrick full time
>He subconsciously gimps his own speed because he no longer remembers his time as Zoom
How much of a possibility is this?
>>
>>82037939
That's his cover, you see? Noone would believe a rich gray old man could be Superman. It would be way to obvious if Superman lived in Metropolis, since he pretty much is always there. What do you think he's doing when he's not a charities and Galas and such?

Such a shame too. Guy spends all his time trying to save the world, but Gotham is still a hellhole. Like a garbage man coming home to his messy house.
>>
>>82034160
>>Why didn't Harrison immediately recognize Jay's/Hunter's face?
Probably because they actually look quite different. What with Hunter's old face being an overgrown homeless hobo face with hair all over.

But here is the real thing. And probably what most of you aren't considering.
There were two of him on Earth-2. People saw Jay fight Zoom on multiple occasions. And at different places at the same time.

No one ever had any reason to suspect that Jay was Zoom.
And what with all the heroics that Jay actually did, it wouldn't make much sense to imagine him being an old serial killer who got the death sentence ages ago.
At best one might just think that Jay kind of resembles Hunter. But more likely, one wouldn't even connect them because Hunter was a psychopathic murderer without super powers, and Jay was a good willing hero with super powers.
>>
>>82034160
At least Bug-Eyed Bandit was a cute reference to wacky Golden/Silver age shenanigans. Grimderp Jay Garrick is Snyder bad.

Watch Gotham and iZombie instead.
>>
>>82034938
Its funny that Season 1 teased Barry and Caitlin a bit. Barry and Patty seemed forced though.
>>
>>82035030
The difference is that Superman has some kind of psyhic field, and changes his posture and things.

HunterJay just had a beard in a single picture. There are people in that world who have seen him without a beard, and nobody thought to piece together that the guy being a superhero on TV was him
>>
>>82034810
>82034810

If there are no serial killers, who are all the Earth 2 metas? Is going to Earth 1 their first crime? And don't evil Ronnie and Caitlyn count? Why didn't Zoom care about Killer Frost?
>>
>lets just shove in references to the comics and not care how we use them!

has Flash been Arrow lite all this time?
>>
>Legends of Tomorrow is now better than Flash
>>
>Who's the man in the iron mask?
>You wouldn't believe me if I told you.
Really? It's obvious they're leading into Hunter's dad, why is he making such a big deal about it?

Only thing of note I can think of is it's E1 Hunter's dad, the original Jay Garrick.
>>
Barry giving up the speedforce was fucking dumb, Now he pretty much can kill anyone anywhere and there is nobody to stop him.
Unless there is some sort of plan in the next episode, this was really stupid.
>>
So Earth 2 Jay Garrick was always evil, right?

Goddamn, why do people hate Earth 2 so much? Why is it so hard for people to just let it be a Golden Age world? Why does it always have to be edgy shit and "wat a tweest!" inversions of existing characters?
>>
>>82038917
>If there are no serial killers, who are all the Earth 2 metas?
You know there are more crimes than serial killing, right?
>>
>>82039130
Hunter Solomon was always evil, there is not Jay Garrick in earth 2 or at least there isn't one that we know of so far in the show.
>>
>>82039140
>somewhere in the DC universe is a meta who only uses his powers for tax evasion
>>
Anyone have a clip of mask man knocking when he saw Wally? Can we translate it?
>>
>>82039000
Masketta man is Jay Garrick for' so
>>
>>82036919
There is a statue of the flash on E2 though right?
>>
>>82039234
Not good at translating, but here's what I picked up.

Red sucks balls.
>>
>>82036996
Hunter wouldn't be Jay and turn into Zoom. He was a fucking serial killer.
>>
>>82038786
>Grimderp Jay Garrick is Snyder bad.
I somewhat agree. Why completely alter the greatness of Jay Garrick, a hero Barry has looked up to and has been a DC hero for seventy years?

At the same time, it's not Jay Garrick. It's a version of Hunter Zolomon parading as Jay Garrick.

Though they kinda ruined his classic golden age helmet, it's now a sore reminder of a villain not a treasured reminder of a hero.
>>
>>82034446
It's like the game of thrones episode 9 thing but for shittiness.
>>
File: gotham-wrath-villains.jpg (57 KB, 673x353) Image search: [Google]
gotham-wrath-villains.jpg
57 KB, 673x353
>Flash
>drags out one plot for a whole season for cheap drama
>uses character names randomly and kills off characters indiscriminately.
>everything that isn't barry going faster is either Iris's relationship drama or Wally being a fuckhead

>Gotham
>uses it's midseason breaks to split the season into two half-seasons, giving actual resolution
>when comic characters are used they draw on the blended lore of all continuities in order to build up to a single version of that character

Flash Season 1 had one story, and it did it really well. It didn't give short term resolution but you knew from the beginning that Wells was Eobard, so you had some excitement every week. Iris was a complete drag on the show but the beggining of Season 2 made it seem like she might be getting better.

So what the fuck happened with Season 2 that made everything so shit? Last night they revealed that everything they'd been working to for Season 2 was a complete joke, and they're repeating all the worst mistakes with Iris again.

This is what it looks like when somebody with no talent tries to pull a "ruse cruise"
>>
>>82039487
This. Jay Garrick should either be post-crisis Grandpa Flash from WW2 or Earth 2 Flash in his Prime.

Why use Jay Garrick if you're just going to take a dump on him for a cheap shot at comic book fans? Because nobody that wouldn't get pissed off by this move is going to even give it a second thought.
>>
>>82039716
I'm starting to think Zoom got inspired by the actual grandpa Jay Garrick and stole his name.
>>
How many fucking episodes of this shit are left? At least in the last season there was a clear feeling of where you were with the plot. With all the breaks and hiatus' I haven't been keeping track of the episode numbers, and this season is just all over the place. The first forty minutes of the last episode felt like "last few episodes of the season" but the final few minutes plus the sneak peek for another villain of the week makes me think we're just barely past mid-season.
>>
>>82036714
>previously excellent
Don't exaggerate. This shit was mediocre at best before.
>>
>>82040650
Five.
>>
File: the feels.jpg (103 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
the feels.jpg
103 KB, 645x773
>>82040755
>five more weeks plus however many hiatuses they decide to throw in of this shit
>>
>>82040804
There are no more hiatuses, m8. It's the home stretch until may
>>
>>82034160

How did Zoom take Wally back to his lair on Earth 2, and then return with him to Star Labs, if the only way there was through Cisco opening a breach?
>>
>>82040709
No, Season 1 was legitimately good. The first part of Season 2 was even pretty good, though it was clear they were making mistakes.

>>82040650
>another meta of the week episode
>when they're supposed to be leading up to their finale

what the fuck are they thinking
>>
>>82040967
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one that likes metas of the week episodes. Especially after episodes like this. However, it does make sense considering this meta kidnaps Harry and Barry has no speed so he's no threat to Zoom at the moment. We can finally see Barry do more forensic work.
>>
>>82040967
You act as if Everyman and Grodd weren't villains of the week back in season 1. And they were on episode 19 and 21, respectively.
>>
>>82040879
They didn't close the breach.
>>
>>82039357
Why not? He becomes a superhero at first, travels into future, gets infected with time wraith, becomes Zoom, travels back and takes past self speed
>>
>>82040967
>No, Season 1 was legitimately good.
I think you're confusing the fact that Tom Cavanagh can do no wrong with the actual show being good. The plots were lame, the romance subplot was garbage, the writing was bleh. But Reverse Flash was golden every second he was on screen.
>>
What if the Wally that Zoom released isn't Earth-1 Wally, but a doppelganger from Earth-2?
>>
>>82041079
Oh yeah and then he inter-travels between alternate worlds and finds good Jay too after he becomes Zoom
>>
>>82041048
I don't hate Meta of the Week episodes but they really don't lead anywhere, and you shouldn't be doing them when your big bad is now an active threat
>>
>>82041099
The difference is that we knew about Reverse Flash from episode one, so every time Barry and wells interacted was pushing the plot of the hero and the villain. There were actual stakes, there was tension, and everything tied up really well.

Iris was always cancer though.
>>
>>82041287
Barry was also always cancer when not relating to Prof. Zoom or his dad.
>>
What is going to be your reaction if Caitlin gets fridged?
>>
>>82041337
Gotta agree. Barry is pretty much a shit character. He's bland and his only purpose besides being the flash is bringing the actual interesting characters together.
>>
>>82041420
She won't get fringed, she'll come up pregnant.

The perfect trap to make Jay not evil.
>>
>>82041420
I wouldn't be surprised. She's the most expendable character of the ensemble, especially now that Iris is around more.
>>
This show needs more Felicity.
>>
>>82041223
That's true. How do you feel about the Rogue or Grodd episodes? Well, when they were at thing
>>
>>82041548
>no shot with barry
>doesnt have any other dick to hop on
>crew is already full of scienctists

RIP Caitlin
>>
I liked this episode.

Is this what a DCEU fan feels like?
>>
File: The Flash.jpg (42 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
The Flash.jpg
42 KB, 612x380
Upcoming episodes.

19. Back to Normal (April 26, 2016)
>WELLS IS ATTACKED BY THE GRIFFIN - Griffin Grey (Haig Sutherland), a meta-human with superstrength, mistakes Wells for Earth-1 Harrison Wells and kidnaps him, demanding that Wells cure him from his current condition. Realizing another brilliant Wells could help track Griffin’s location, Barry asks Jesse to help. Meanwhile, Wally corners Joe about The Flash.

20. Rupture (May 3, 2016)
>RUPTURE COMES TO CENTRAL CITY WITH ZOOM – Zoom arrives back on Earth-1 intent on taking over Central City. Barry and Wells come up with a plan to stop him once and for all, but it’s extremely dangerous. Unsure if he should take the risk, Barry reaches out to both fathers for advice. Henry is adamantly opposed to Barry risking his life again but Joe thinks he can handle it which puts the two men at odds with each other. Meanwhile, another breacher, Rupture, begins wreaking havoc, and Cisco is shocked when he vibes the villain and learn it is his brother Dante’s (Nicholas Gonzalez) doppelganger, seeking justice for Reverb’s death. Iris decides she’s finally ready to open up to Barry about her feelings for him.

21. Untitled (May 10, 2016)
>Barry faces his greatest challenge as Zoom puts his masterplan into action, threatening to destroy the entire world.

22. Untitled (May 17, 2016)
>The war between Barry and Zoom escalates as more dangerous breachers arrive on Earth-1.

23. Untitled (May 24, 2016) - SEASON FINALE
>Barry speeds into his final battle with Zoom with the fate of two worlds hanging on the balance. The secrets of the man in the iron mask are revealed.
>>
One thing I didn't quite get was how Zolomon said he pretended to be a hero when he saw sky open, no?

But we know there was a Flash running around E2 well before that; flashbacks with Wells and their tense relationship are proof.

So since the very beginning of his career, ''Jay'' was running around pretending to be heroic while at the same time being a bad guy? And why did he have to take Velocity 9 at all?
>>
>>82041420
Please just let her turn evil and become a recurring villain

I beg of you

>>82041643
but every dick she tries to jump on ends up dead
>>
File: tv user.jpg (145 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
tv user.jpg
145 KB, 640x640
>>82041665

/tvirgins/ leave
>>
>>82041730
He was pretending to be a hero beforehand I think

The Jay that died and had no speedforce was past Hunter from before he became Zoom
>>
>>82041665

No you need to shove your head real deep up your ass to be one of those guys.
>>
>>82041730

No he was doing it far before the sky opened up.

Let's get this straight:

>Time Remnant Jay had no superpowers, he was using v6 to fake them because he came from before the accelerator exploded
>ZOOM!Jay has powers and is a speedforce junkie doping up and stealing speed because he gets off on it. He was pretending to be a hero to inspire hope, while also taking it away by killing heroes in cold blood.

We clear on that now?
>>
>>82039595

>This much delusion about Gotham

How do you chucklefucks like it unironically?

It's so terrible it's laughable and that's why it's good. They botched the five families of Gotham lore and shoehorned the Order of St. Dumas into being both the Gates family and to a lesser degree the court of owls even though neither really work at all, the tone is all over the place and can't decide if it's taking itself seriously or not most of the time, Barbara is STILL trash even in season 2, Bullock does practically nothing anymore, and they gave Gordon a worthless squad of cannon fodder that exists solely to die and stand around in the background while the viewer has zero emotional connection to them.

Flash has had it's faults but stop with this "Gotham is great!" shit.
>>
>>82042455
Jay Garrick is a serial killer and Black Canary is dead
>>
/tv/ here. Is speed stealing a thing in comics?
>>
>>82042455
>the tone is all over the place and can't decide if it's taking itself seriously or not most of the time

It doesn't need to decide.
Some scenes call for one or the other.
>>
>>82040650
>>82041058

Everyman and Grodd (while written as villains of the week) were used as pawns Thawne's plan in episodes which focused around finding out his identity and learning how to stop him.

Granted the promo's can be pretty misleading but the next episode genuinely feels like a mid-season filler with E1 Griffin Grey being mad at Harry because 'you're accelerator turned me into a monster' and Barry being powerless to stop him (a plot that's already been used this season).
>>
>>82042668

>Implying I can't have issues with Gotham, Flash, AND Arrow
>>
>>82042455

>the tone is all over the place and can't decide if it's taking itself seriously or not most of the time
Gotham has always taken itself seriously, in the same way that the Burton movies are serious. When somebody dies of the boneitis or is attached to a balloon, suffocates in the atmosphere, and his corpse splats on the pavement it's completely serious. It's just that what's normal and what isn't in their universe is different. And, I'll remind you, this is a universe where a man dresses as a clown and fights a man in a bat costume.

Tone is one thing that Gotham does absolutely perfectly.

Contrast that to Flash where everything is super lighthearted and quippy and treated as no big deal, except Iris's relationshit drama with is super duper serious all the time

>Order of St. Dumas into being both the Gates family and to a lesser degree the court of owls
did you even watch the show m8
we both know the answer is no
>>
>Barry goes to Supergirl's Earth and then returns while running at the start of the episode
>They take the effort to show the portals and everything
>Barry says NOTHING about the trip
>They immediately start talking about how there's no way to travel to other earths now that the rifts are closed
>They have to push Cisco's powers to contact Zoom, twice.

Jesus fuck, writers, why bother putting the hint to the crossover if you are gonna completely ignore that Barry can now just RUN into other earths?

Just do this instead:
>GUYS I WAS JUST ON ANOTHER EARTH, IF WE COULD FIND A WAY TO CONTROL THE TRIP AND SEND ME TO EARTH-2, WE COULD TAKE OUT ZOOM WITHOUT HAVING TO, SAY, PUT PRESSURE ON CISCO AND ENDANGERING EVERYONE HERE BY BRINGING ZOOM TO OUR EARTH!

Also, was Zoom just traveling between earths like nothing? Then why didn't he do it before? It's not like Cisco opened a permanent rift.
>>
>>82041730
Hunter masqueraded as Jay to give people hope, so he can tear it away as Zoom. Basically, he wanted people to believe the Flash could be there to protect them, only to continuously win as Zoom and break their spirits.

And he wanted to go faster. So he created speeds drugs to enhance his speed that ended up slowly killing him, so he sert out to steal Barry's speed.
>>
>>82042935
Like it or not they have to start giving Cisco's powers some more spotlight. Not every problem in the show should be solved by Barry running faster.
>>
How come Jay's lightning was yellow like Barry's?
>>
>>82042668
Hunter Zolomon is a serial killer.
>>
>>82042935
Yeah that shit bugged me. Barry made no fucking mention at all besides "How long was I gone". Made no god damn sense.
>>
>>82043390

Blue only kicks in when you're running fast enough.
>>
>>82043390
>>82043501

No, your lightning turns blue when you're dying. It's when the speed force is eating you. They said this in the Velocity episode. Now Zoom isn't dying.

A much better question is why is Zoom's lightning yellow while Reverse Flash's lightning is red?
>>
>>82043467
Plotforce wiped the whole experience from his mind.
>>
>>82043562
>Reverse Flash's lightning is red?
Negative Speed Force
>>
>>82043562

If that was the case, then Jay's lightning would be blue, because we know he has the cellular degeneration. But it isn't, his lightning is yellow.

We also saw this with Trajectory - yellow lightning until she ran so fast it turned blue and she died.

It can only make sense if blue lightning only kicks in at a certain speed.
>>
>>82042789
Everyman was just relevant to "The Trap". For the entirety of "Who is Harrison Wells" he was just a shapeshifting thief.
>>
>>82043562
>Yellow lightning
The speedster taps into the Speed Force.

>Red Lightning
The speedster taps into the Negative Speed Force.

>Blue Lightning
The speedster is enhancing his connection to the Speed Force through Velocity-9 and has reached terminal velocity.

>Green Lightning
Wait for season 3.
>>
I just got a fucking idea about how Barry gets his powers back.

>later on in the season, Eobard Thawne comes back, after finding out what timeline Barry is in.
>He finds out that The Flash has lost his speed and says to Flash "What would you do without me?" and actually HELPS him get his powers back
>He does this due to the fact that he has to do so, otherwise due to time causality bullshit, Eobard won't become the Reverse-Flash.

Or

>He's stuck in the time period again and needs Flash's speed to get him back to his timeline, so he once again has to give The Flash back his powers.

It'll work, eh? I'm sure the writers aren't gonna have the team steal back Zoom's speed and give it back to Barry since he'd actually be 8x faster than he already is, and it's hard to work around that fact when most opponents he meets won't be speedsters or able to fuck around with time.
>>
>>82040967
Between this and the Hiatus's, you almost wonder if they're sabotaging the show for the movie
>>
>>82042935
Such a missed opportunity

"HEY GUYS I VISITED AN EARTH WITH ALIENS AND WHERE JIMMY OLSEN IS BLACK!"
>>
>>82043467
The writers should avoid crossover events if they can't fit them in
>>
>>82043717
>It's another I win again Flash episode

Eh, I wouldn't mind more Matt Thawne but I would be disappointed if it played out like either of those options.
>>
>>82043758
>HEY GUYS I THINK I WENT TO HELL
>IT WAS LIKE BEING IN AN EPISODE OF UGLY BETTY, BUT BETTY WAS AN ALIEN
>EVEN I WAS ACTING ALL WEIRD, TOO PEPPY AND AWKWARD, EVEN FOR ME! THAT PLACE GOT TO ME, MAN
>>
>>82043717
one way or the other the super speed treadmill will explode as a reference to the cosmic treadmill and Barry and Wally will get the speedforce
>>
>>82043853
>AND ALLY MCBEAL WAS THERE TOO!
>>
Hey. At least we are finally getting Barry/Iris.
>>
>>82043937
God they suck
>>
>>82043891
>I TEAMED UP WITH ANOTHER SUPERHERO WHO WAS SUPER FAST, SUPER STRONG AND COULD FLY, SHOOT LASERS FROM HER EYES AND FREEZE THINGS WITH HER BREATH
>WE FOUGHT A GIRL WHO SCREAMED LOUD AND A GIRL WHO SHOT LIGHTNING
>THEY KICKED BOTH OF OUR ASSES, AND IN THE END THE FIREMEN SAVED US. YOU KNOW, THE REAL HEROES!
>>
>>82043937
Should have started out the show with them together.

Fuck they have messed up so many times.
>>
>>82044053
I dunno, Barry dropping his spaghetti after time traveling and then Eddie punching him out was pretty funny in S1.
>>
>>82044111
And then pretending to be brain damaged that Eddie has to apologize sort of solidified Barry as an asshole
>>
File: without facial hair.jpg (123 KB, 900x1185) Image search: [Google]
without facial hair.jpg
123 KB, 900x1185
>>82034810
>Did you guys miss the fact that Harrison said serial killers are extremely uncommon on their Earth and as a result they get a lot of media attention and notoriety? In a city as large as theirs its simply unbelievable that no one would think "hmm, this Flash guy looks like that one famous serial killer"

A few changes to facial hair, dress, posture, etc makes a lot of difference... even for the notorious.
>>
File: blueisbetter.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
blueisbetter.webm
3 MB, 720x404
>>82043715
>>
>>82044134
What kind of hickville are you from where punching people as a first recourse to a problem is ok?
>>
File: hohohaha.webm (757 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
hohohaha.webm
757 KB, 720x404
What is this darkness Jay is talking about? People were saying it was darkseid or something.
>>
>>82041548

Plus her acting is the shittiest. Good riddance, though it'd be nice to trade her death for Felicity's death
>>
>>82042935

You niggers complain about Marvel doing crossover references yet also complain when the Flash holds off on it?
>>
>>82044714
>season finale
>flash is finally confronting zoom for the last time
>anti monitor shows up and kills both of them
>gg no re
>but wait
>wally west runs in
>finds some dumb way to kill anti monitor
>yayyy diversity
I'll bet you.
>>
>>82044714
I couldn't help laughing at that face he makes.

he was like "duuude this is some dank shit"
>>
>>82044818
bitch you see him travel to another world and return, minutes later they're going "THERE'S NO WAY TO TRAVEL TO OTHER WORLDS ANYMORE"

They didn't need to go "GUYS I MET SUPERGIRL!", it would have been enough with "I found a way to travel between earths by going really fast, but it's not very accurate, let's work on that"

OR, not show the portals at the start of the episode at all. Either way works
>>
File: TYFJOJH.jpg (41 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
TYFJOJH.jpg
41 KB, 480x640
>>82044879
>>
>>82041705
God fucking dammit. No Masketta man's identity until end of May.
Who is he?
>>
>>82044971
You wouldn't believe me if I told you.

So I won't.
>>
>>82044514
Fair point.
>>
>>82041955
time remnant jay was scanned by Caitlin, she said he had dormant speed force in his cells and they were degenerating because of it
>>
>>82044714
I actually love how much he's triping balls righ there.
>>
>>82036932
In the past episode they said some speedsters know how to avoid them, Jay probably did too.
>>
>>82041705
>Black Siren is going to be a Zoom mook that wrecks havoc
Fucking God dammit
>>
I think the worst part of the whole episode is that the general plot - find an assured way to Zoom, capture him, then he breaks out, fucks shit up and steals Barry's speed before leaving - is fine.

They just did it in the most idiotic way possible.
>>
So was the Hunter Zolomon on the bench in the park really Earth 1 Hunter or was it Zoom and his past self fucking with Caitlyn. He didn't exactly say if it was or not.
>>
>>82044523
It was blue because she was dying you stupid retard. She was ALREADY FASTER THAN BARRY, BLUE JUST MEANT THE DRUGS WERE FUCKING KILLING HER YOU DENSE RETARD.
>>
>>82045888
Probably Earth 1 Hunter. The other Zoloman didn't come into play until they had to go to Earth 2, didn't he?
>>
Berlanti mentioned on twitter they'd "never" make Jay Garrick a villain.

Pretty much confirms there's a real Jay on the horizon. Probably the man in the iron mask.
>>
>>82045964
Well both of them were Zoom the entire time so who really knows.
>>
>>82045888
>>82045964
Watch E-1 Hunter be a good guy who befriends Wally when he becomes Kid Flash, and then gets crippled by Grod and becomes the second Zoom
>>
>>82045969
It's pretty much confirmed he's Jay. I bet he's the real Jay Gerrick, and Zoom kidnapped him and stole his identity.
Here's to hoping he's an older Jay who's been the Flash for years.
>>
>>82045969
>Probably the man in the iron mask.
I still got my hopes up for 90s barry allen from original flash show.
>>
>>82046125
That would be the best payoff worth this stupid shit.
It would make sense, because he said that Barry wouldn't believe him. And he's right. "Mask Man? He's your Dads counterpart from another Earth who's been the Flash for 25 years and has your name instead of his." "Bullshit Zoom, fucking Bullshit."
>>
>>82046077
>Implying he isn't James "Jay" Garrick, husband of Ashley Zolomon and Hunter Zolomon's father and hero of the War of the Americas, who heroically took the blame when Hunter murdered his mother and is kept in captivity while Hunter spins a tall tale about coming from an abusive childhood as part of his sick fetish to give people hope, in this case hope that he's not all bad deep down and just a product of a shitty childhood, in order to pull the rug from under their feet.
>>
>>82046242
I don't think they'll spin it to where Hunter actually killed his mom. From his perspective, they showed that his Dad killing his mom was a hard experience for him. It probably gave him PTSD which led to him becoming Zoom. If you think about it, Hunter and Barry had the same kind of tragedies in their childhoods. Both had their mothers murdered by someone, the fathers were convicted both times, and they both became speedsters.
Barry was just given love and support, while Hunter went to a shitty orphanage.
>>
>>82046361
That's because Zoom was envisioned as E2 Barry. They just used the basic concept while adding the Jay/Hunter identity twist.
>>
The guy in the mask is Wally. The synopsis already reveal that the masked man's identity isn't revealed until the last episode.

Now what reveal would be a 'le epic stinger' reveal? Wally.
>>
I wish this season had six less episodes.
>>
>>82046450
>The guy in the mask is Wally
I thought it was clear that the guy in the mask was blonde in some closeups.

Thought the hand looked black at first though.
>>
>>82046450
How and why is it Wally.
The guys hands are white.

The West's in E-2 are still black, so don't give me the bullshit you're about to give me.
>>
>>82046780
No, trust me, it was someone else before, but the writers changed it.
>>
>>82046810
They showed him during this last episode and his hands are still a white guys and hes still taller than wally west.
>>
Was this the worst written episode of the entire CW arrowverse? I mean, it wasn't the worst episode, it was actually quite entertaining for that matter, but holy shit was their plan retarded.
>>
>>82046980
No.

Honestly, it's faults are becoming quite hyperbolic. Yes, Barry honoring his bargain with Hunter and giving him more speed after Wally was seemingly safe was silly, but otherwise it was a generally well-writen episode.
>>
Why did Jay scoff at the idea at speed mirages? Is Eobard truly fastest?
>>
>>82046980
Nah, the episode involving Olivers kid in Arrow is still the worst.
The Laurel dies episode rivals it too.
>Her final conversation was about FUCKING FELICITY.
>>
>>82046980
Worst episode? There's much more boring drama ones. The bee one was both horribly written and boring as shit.

Worst written? You nailed it. The first half minutes is really nothing but then everything goes full retard in the second half.
>>
>>82047034
He scoffed at the idea of being so fast that his speed mirage could be on two earths at once.
>>
>>82047033
It wasn't silly, it was mindblowingly stupid. There was no reason whatsoever for them to believe Zoom wouldn't kill them all, including Wally once he got Barry's speed.
>>
>>82046980
Not by far. It was a bad episode. And flash in general i think is getting worse and worse. But still nothing compared to most of arrow if you ask me.
>>
https://twitter.com/GBerlanti/status/722882921854427138

>For those inquiring, we love Jay Garrick and would never make him a baddie. No reinvention. Keep watching :) love that you're asking q's.

Masketta Man is real Jay
>>
>>82047891
No shit. We've been saying that since he first showed up
>>
>>82047891
Wow it's exactly what everyone has been saying since we found out about the Masketta Man
>>
>>82048031
>>82048058

Nigga I've seen everything from Wally to E3 Barry suggested. Jay was a popular theory but not the only one.
>>
>>82047891
Of course, he was typing out Jay to identify himself.
>>
>>82048075
That's because this board is overrun with retards from /tv/ like you shitting up the threads with nonsense theories when the truth is blatantly obvious.
>>
>>82044729
I never minded Caitlin but her acting has been terrible over a lot of this season. She could def/ go.
>>
>>82047891

Yeah that was the biggest theory. The interesting part is, if there's no reinvention, then Masked Jay is the Flash and still has his speed, since he's in a carbine cage. The lingering questions are then:

>Why hasn't Zoom taken Jay's speed?
>Why does Jay have the mask?
>How was Zoom able to swap places with Jay without anyone realizing?
>>
>>82038917
>>82039140
I'd assume that the low crime rate was a thing before the incident. After getting powers, crime is going to be a lot easier.
Plus a regular guy murdering a shit ton of people is a bit different from supers using powers.
>>
>>82048223
>>How was Zoom able to swap places with Jay without anyone realizing?
Twins, Cobalt Blue inspired back story
>>
>>82038994
It's like a curse. Arrow got chumped by Flash, Flash gets chumped by LoT.
>>
>>82048265

If that was the case Caitlyn should have been able to find Jay's doppelganger
>>
>>82039076
There's still a ton of supers, and Wells still has Turtle-stuff. Heck, villains might stand a chance against him.
>>
>>82045969
>>82046077
>>82046242
>>82046217

I'm pretty sure there was some deal with Hunter's dad killing his mom because she cheated on him. When he came home he said something like "What is all this?" but we never saw what he was talking about.

Hunter and Jay could be twins or something from a different dad.
>>
>>82034731
He only killed Sand Demon and Atom Smasher.
>>
Me. Id love it if they finally distract zoom long enough to open that cell. Take off the mask. Its just some guy. noone in particular some guy. But then barry realizes it aint just some guy. It was a dude from season one weather wizard killed.

Suddenly time wraiths flood out of all the cracks. and now its another guy standing there. A guard killed by reverse flash. Then a scientist killed by grodd, then captain colds dad, then earth 2 joe west. One victim after another.

Boom the wraiths explode into black strands and wrap around the guy.

Nigga was black flash all along.

Would that not be a mindfuck that 99 percent of the audience wouldn't get. That the whole time zoom had managed to lock up the death of speedsters to put off his own demise due to his cellular degeneration because of velocity.
>>
>>82046980
This is the worst Flash has been. It's probably comparable to an average Arrow episode.

Let that sink in.
>>
>>82046980
the episode when Felicity drugged and raped Oliver then she cried.
>>
File: maxresdefault[3].jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[3].jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
>>82048436
>>
>>82036179
He was even FASTER THAN ZOOM WAS!
>>
>>82048436
>That the whole time zoom had managed to lock up the death of speedsters to put off his own demise due to his cellular degeneration because of velocity.

I thought it was a stupid idea up until this

now I think it's the coolest idea they could do
>>
>>82048551
hell it'd give a reason for him stealing all that speed. he needs to go faster so he can outrun a reaper designed entirely to catch speedsters.
>>
>>82048449
Okay, now you're just overreacting.

The worst Flash episode is STILL light years ahead of the average Arrow episode. At least, at the VERY fucking least, this episode was not about shipping bullshit. Yes, there was Iris talking about her feelings and such, but that's a VERY minor thing compared to what was going on in the episode.

At least Flash tries to put comic book shit in it. Arrow is just a fucking soap opera. I'm not saying this episode was good, but I will say that Arrow doesn't come close to this still.
>>
>>82038967
YES. The show, all three of them, actually, are horribly written.

>Flash was designed with Firestorm in mind
>Ronnie spends most of season one as a hobo
>team saves Ronnie and Professor Stein so they can both immediately fuck off to Pittsburgh
>Firestorm returns for the finale to help Barry and Ollie fight Wellsobard
>Firestorm is immediately punched halfway across Central City and retrieved by Barry without ever actually doing anything at all and then fucks off again after him and Barry return
>Firestorm then sacrifices himself to save the city and Ronnie dies...or something...
>Professor Stein finds a new person to bond with
>Firestorm immediately fucks off back to Pittsburgh. Again.
>Firestorm is then sent on the most mismanaged assassination attempt ever where the two barely fuse and when they do all they ever do is shoot fire at people that appears to be more of a minor inconvenience than anything else
>The Flash was written with Firestorm in mind

>>82038994
It's really not, though.

>Bring in Jonah Hex in a Western episode
>Jonah Hex doesn't do a goddamn thing except give that wet blanket Rip one more reason to be a useless ball of self-pity
>>
>>82048782
>>Flash was designed with Firestorm in mind

First mistake.
>>
>>82048860
The shows are awful and I'm tired of the writers dismissing all complaints and /co/ confusing references and Easter eggs for quality while the rest of the internet excuses the shittiness because Iris or Felicity or whoever did a thing that women in TV generally don't do.

Brownie points only go so far.
>>
>>82049002
Flash used to be good, but season 2 has been terribad
>>
>>82049109
Flash was only good because Arrow was terrible. It's the same reason why Kyoryuger was hype when Wizard was airing.
>>
>>82049109
s2 had its moments. The earth 2 episodes were incredible and the episode before the break was easily one of the best out of both seasons. It's just a shame they jumped the shark with Zoom and now they made each and every character a complete retard just to artificially keep the big bad around until the final.
>>
>>82039289
He said he played the hero to give people hope, to then destroy it.
The thing that didn't happen was E2 Flash vs Zoom, that was all a lie.

I still want to know who's this Xorn guy.
>>
So, his past self was also a killer and that's why he got on with the plan, right?

Also, wouldn't killing his past self kill himself?

>Inb4 Speed Force
I know, but Thawne died because something like that...
>>
>>82049344
>I still want to know who's this Xorn guy
It's Magneto.
Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.