[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since DC has run out of ideas they've just decided that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: Reign-of-Supermen.jpg (157 KB, 900x457) Image search: [Google]
Reign-of-Supermen.jpg
157 KB, 900x457
Since DC has run out of ideas they've just decided that with the events of Rebirth, it's an ideal opportunity to retell the Death of Superman storyline.

Who are your picks for the four heroes who claim to be Superman, or at least taking up his mantle as Metropolis' protector? Why'd you pick those four?
>>
>>82034056
Well, ideally they would just be in the same spirit as the originals.
Taking the nicknames and building around them.
Let's go..

>The Man of Tomorrow
A Superman claiming to be from the future where he has already been resurrected

>The Man of Steel
An artificial intelligence developed to be a hero, sort of like D.A.V.E. from "The Batman"

>The Metropolis Kid
A teenage prodigy who uses advanced technology to replicate Superman's powers

>The Last Son of Krypton
A new Kryptonian who is later revealed to be Mon-El
>>
>Tfw now because they held back on bringing back 90s Conner everyone is gonna be mad at more 90s

I just want best not Superboy
>>
>>82034236
>Mon-El
>not Hernan Guerra
>>
>>82034570
Well, I sorta wanted the joke to be that he was a Daxamite rather than Kryptonian
>>
I like Cyborg Superman

There, I said it
>>
>Man of Tomorrow
Booster Gold, claiming to be honoring Superman by protecting his city, while also investigating secretly because the future doesn't indicate Kal-El should have died in that battle. But all the other heroes are dubious because of Booster's previous gloryhound ways, and aren't sure they believe he's doing it with good intentions.

>Last Son
A new hero called Fortress, an impressive artificial-bodied hero of gigantic size. Turns out to be the actual literal Fortress of Solitude, which is actually a fucking mech like some Macross or Robotech shit. It's being operated by the computerized memory of Jor-El because why the fuck not?

>Man of Steel
A new hero, claiming to be the reborn Superman, he's an alchemist who manipulates elements and transforms his own body into one of pure steel, being that it's actually a synthetic golem construct. Although he claims he has retrieved Superman's soul from the universal ether and merged it with his own through what is essentially an accident of fate, nobody is sure if they can believe it. The physical bodies that get destroyed are just reformed as a new golem, while his real body is actually safe on the other side of the world in a hidey-hole.

>Metropolis Kid
Literally just a diehard Superman fanboy, he's a low-grade metahuman college student who can partially mimic the powers of others. Through a sort of Superman memorial funding event, he convinces other metas to come and donate a sliver of their own power to him, and claims to be "the spirit of Metropolis fighting for a better future, except not actually mystical or new-agey".
>>
File: 1451620136393.jpg (274 KB, 738x857) Image search: [Google]
1451620136393.jpg
274 KB, 738x857
>>82034056
>China Super-Man
>Superwoman
>Pre-Flashpoint Classic Coke Superman
>post-Convergence Jon Kent/White aka Super Son

I don't want Nu52 Superman to go.
>>
Aren't they doing this?
> The Man of Tomorrow
Lex

>The Man of Steel
Post-Crisis Superman

>The Metropolis Kid
Lois?

>The Last Son of Krypton
Jon
>>
>>82034056
They could always buy some new ideas. They have just decided not to.
>>
>>82034236

How about four other phrases associated with Superman

>Strange Visitor from Another Planet
An alien whose planet was saved by Superman who regrets never getting a chace to repay him while he was alive, so decides to protect Earth

>Superbird
A bald eagle that acquired Kryptonian powers somehow.

>Speeding Bullet
A regular human with high-tech guns that shoot a range of (non-fatal) ammunition

>Big Blue
Human with size changing powers that turn his skin blue when he uses them.
>>
>>82034968
Amazing
>>
>>82035085
>A bald eagle that acquired Kryptonian powers somehow.

What about just a Kryptonian Eagle? We got kryptodogs, cats, horses, a monkey, plants, etc.
>>
>>82035085
>Boy Scout
Just a regular Boy Scout
>>
>>82034968
>>82035120
Hank Henshaw was truly the greatest.
>>
>>82035166
I think you mean Brandon Routh Ray Palmer.
>>
>>82034056
>it's an ideal opportunity to retell the Death of Superman storyline
>retell the Death of Superman storyline
>Death of Superman
How about no.
>>
>>82035234
You do death so you can get to world without, and then reign.
>>
>>82035234
Too late, they're doing it anyways
>>
>>82034598
>Someone stabs him with a pencil
>He dies
>>
>>82035243
How about we just avoid the entire clusterfuck and do something original?
>>
>>82035284
>implying graphite is lead
>>
>>82034837
>play Superman game called "death of Superman"
>be total comic noob
>THERE'S FUCKING CYBORG SUPERMAN
No idea why someone wouldn't like him.
>>
>>82034056
Supergirl
Power Girl
Bizarro
Jimmy Olsen
>>
>>82035326
I'm aware of the difference, its called a joke.

That said, lead is still one of the most ridiculous weaknesses I've heard of. Do they still make bullets out of lead?
>>
>Superwoman or whatever Lois is going to call herself
>Pre Flashpoint Supes
>Supergirl
>Lex Luthor
None claim to be Supes but all view for the throne
>>
>>82035328
His entire part in the reign of Supermen was great(well, up until Clark came back), his one shot was great, everything I've seen him in, I've really enjoyed
>>
>>82034056
We don't need another Death of Superman storyline, I'll let Based Harlan tell it like it is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgAXCT99m0M
>>
>>82035343
I think you mean
>Supergirl
>Flamebird
>Power Girl
>Superwoman

Reign of the Superwomyn, folks.
>>
>>82035382
Plus he look groovy as hell.
>>
I want a completely nonsensical group if we're rehashing this. Shit like Killer Croc, Cat Grant, A dog from Coast City, and Mogo.
>>
>>82035382
>>82035424
Not to downplay Hank, but in terms of the visuals Eradicator was the slickest motherfucker there is. His design still works today.
>>
>>82035410
Wrong
>Supergirl
>Power Girl
>Superwoman(Lois)
>Superwoman(Earth Triple)
>>
>>82035446
I want this opportunity to occur so that we can have Composite Superman return to canon. Batman disappears on a soul-searching journey because Clark is dead and then tadaaaaaa! Composite Superman!

And he can claim that Bruce learned true monklike spirituality and touched Clark's astral self on the spiritual plane and now they're merged in a weird tulpa/astral projection sort of thing.
>>
>>82034236

So this time its:

>The Man of Tomorrow
Chinese Super Man because it's progressive

>The Man of Steel
Now it's Woman of Steel shitlord

>The Metropolis Kid
Superman's new son

>The Last Son of Krypton
Pre-Flashpoint Superman, who is now the Last Son of the old DCU
>>
>>82035462
They could've pushed Eradicator, they could've made Henshaw a legit major A level villain.

Instead, we got Steel O'Neal getting shoved down our throats

The Injustice design might be the weakest, but I still like it
>>
>>82035472
>not wanting fly as fuck Flamebird from the bottle city of Kandor as one of your Kryptonian women patrolling Metropolis
>>
>>82035556
Only if she remain tiny.
>>
>>82035576
That'd be fucking rad man. I'd read that. Atom Girl adventures with a Superman-strength Antman-sized chick with a kickass retro costume.
>>
>>82035410

>Jimmy Olson decides to become a superhero
>But he'll need a really good disguise so nobody knows it's him
>>
>>82034875
The other 3 ideas are shit but Booster Gold trying to fill Superman's shoes while finding out why he died prematurely is awesome.
>>
Okay, so Doomsday and Henshaw laid waste to almost all of Apokolips?
>>
>>82035537
No now its
>pre-flashpoint superman
>Supergirl
>Super woman Lois Lane
>and Sper-Lex
>>
>>82035126
Comet is actually a magically cursed centaur.
>>
>>82034923
Is it conformed he's done? I can see him becoming a new superboy since he's still pretty young.
>>
>>82035410
Lol I would read that.
>>
>>82034056
But they already are?
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.