[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Homestuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 118
File: o5ohouSzGF1sh2zzro1.png (654 KB, 1280x686) Image search: [Google]
o5ohouSzGF1sh2zzro1.png
654 KB, 1280x686
Hussie suicide when?
>>
>>82033385
the kids who got sucked into the juju arent the same timeline as the ones who go into the final door and are shown in the ending

for reasons unknown

but popular theory is that by using the juju, and the door turning white at the end, they left the loop of Sburb
it's a plot hole, right? and they left through it

leaving LE in a universe of his own, left behind
that's the only way to defeat him, with a plothole
he rules that universe
but it's a dead universe and he'll be alone forever while life goes on without him

you can't beat LE in a fight
so there's no final fight
no culmination of prophecy
people dont have character arcs
they just, leave
the story ends
they're free
>>
>>82033543
Never knew how ugly he was desu Familia.
>>
Why is she so perfect?
>>
OH

The house juju IS the same house door as the one the kids used to leave the game, it just stayed behind

Because they used it to leave the story it is a Plot Hole that can be used to remove characters from the story: Caliborn later uses it to remove the beta kids, and later Vriska returns them
>>
>>82033723
Caliborn's house juju is Yolo's boon
>>
>>82033796
is the same house

most everything in caliborns session are things from other places, including yalda himself
>>
>tfw vriska will never be your gf
>>
it's not actually necessary to see the kids leave the house, because as long as it's in the game, as long as vriska plans can use it, it's as if they are already back

caliborn put them in the house, and vriska took them back out, it's a closed loop
>>
I don't understand why Hussie can't just make the epilogue now. We don't need any special Flash stuff, I mean, simple panels can do. It's not like Hussie didn't make thousands of those, he can do just a few more.
>>
>>82033863
which is why the story ends when they come out of the house and kill him: anything afterwards like the epilogue is OUT of the story

I get the choice to do it that way, he just should've posted the epilogue right after
>>
>>82033586
shit-on-purpose endings <<<<<<<<<<<< only-characters-matter endings (LOST) <<<<<<<<<< shitty twist endings (Umineko) <<<<<<<< real endings
>>
>>82033912
umineko and lost don't have epilogues to provide resolution and closure
>>
>>82033586
That would be a fitting epitaph for Homestuck, a non-story getting a non-ending.
>>
>>82033929
they both do
umineko has the cripple battler scene, LOST has The Man in Charge

LOST delivered a little, umineko just made things worse
>>
basicaly, it's a hack ending
but that's the point

like, it makes sense if you back up from the story we all got invested in, and simplify it

these kids are playing a game, but it gets corrupted, shit goes wrong across multiple sessions, and there's an unkillable boss

so they just leave the game
when you win the game it doesn't matter if you 100% it or not, the credits roll and it's over

that's hussie's whole point
it's just a game
the story is dripping with prophecy, with promises of epic upgrades and stories etc etc, and we all got invested in it
but hussie's whole point is, it's a game, you can win without finishing everything

so yeah of course it feels disappointing, because we got invested in the prophecy, and forgot that the whole point is to win the game, not fulfill prophecy or finish your arc

it's gonna take a while to recover from the shock but i feel like in a while, when we can step back and accept it how it is, we'll see the story as a good one that does what it sets out to do

>>82033934
this is basically what i'm saying
>>
>>82033957
but they go back into the game after they go to the new universe so your point is null
>>
>>82033891
he just doesn't care. if he does an epilogue, it's because he happened to feel like it. it's not something he has scheduled. He's got the game to finish and his next project to work on.
>>
I'm getting the feeling hussie was underestimating how over his head the comic would become in terms of work. I doubt the epilougue will come out before hiveswap.
>>
>>82034010
>>82033998
he did say that he had more time before being snarky, and it's most likely not going to be a flash, so it's not going to be lolayear

coupled with rage at the e ending
>>
>>82033543
Hussie suicided long ago senpai
>>
>>82033957
This is literally a "It was shit on purpose" post, and that's kind of sad to see.
>>
>>82033957
>it's gonna take a while to recover from the shock but i feel like in a while, when we can step back and accept it how it is, we'll see the story as a good one that does what it sets out to do

this has never ever happened with bad endings man
people just forget about the story and just remember the experience
>>
>>82033957
I DON'T KNOW WHO THE FUCK YOU ARE BUT I KNOW THE TYPE OF PERSON YOU ARE

YOU'RE LIKE STEPHEN KING. WHEN I READ THE ENDING TO THE DARK TOWER, IT WAS LITERALLY

>LOL HE ENTERED THE TOWER SHOUTING PEOPLE'S NAMES

AND THEN HE HAS THE AUDACITY TO BERATE YOU FOR WANTING A SATISFYING CONCLUSION AND WANTING TO KNOW WHAT WAS SO IMPORTANT AND INTERESTING INSIDE. FUCKING BELITTLING YOU FOR HAVING CURIOSITY AND SPOUTING SOME BULLSHIT ABOUT HOW
>THE JOURNEY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE DESTINATION

WELL GUESS WHAT?!

YOU'RE FUCKING WRONG AND EVERYONE WHO THINKS LIKE THAT IS WRONG! THE POINT OF A JOURNEY IS TO GET TO A DESTINATION YOU WANTED BECAUSE THEN YOU WOULDN'T UNDERTAKE THE JOURNEY IN THE FIRST PLACE!

IF I FOLLOWED THAT LOGIC THEN MY GRANDFATHER WOULD'VE DIED MUCH EARLIER BECAUSE I WOULD'VE GONE FOR HIS INSULIN BUT INSTEAD OF GETTING TO THE PHARMACY, I WOULD'VE MET INTERESTING PEOPLE, AND HAD TEENAGE DRAMA PROBLEMS AND MAYBE GOT INTO A FIGHT, AND NEVER MADE IT TO MY DESTINATION, AND COME BACK A WISER MAN.

BUT GUESS WHAT?!

MY FUCKING GRANDFATHER WOULD'VE BEEN STILL DEAD BECAUSE I NEVER MADE IT TO MY FUCKING DESTINATION!

SO YES, I AM COMPARING THIS SHIT TO MY GRANDFATHER DYING BECAUSE IT'S METAPHORICALLY THE SAME THING. AND YOU'RE A PIECE OF SHIT IF YOU SUPPORT THIS.

The only thing. THE ONLY FUCKING THING that makes this all better is that I only joined the bandwagon a month ago. If I had invested more time in this, I would've felt bad. Now, NOW I can just go on with my life. But I feel so bad for other people, who ARE actually invested in this.

SON OF A MOTHERFUCKING FUCK I AM STILL FURIOUS!
>>
>>82033957
>so they just leave the game
This is so dumb though.
It necessitates that the juju works differently for the kids than it does for Lord English, and Hussie didn't even bother to tell us how or why.
Even if we accept your premise and think it's good on a conceptual level (which I don't), the execution was extremely, magnificently shitty
>>
File: jirarane342.png (810 KB, 950x1400) Image search: [Google]
jirarane342.png
810 KB, 950x1400
>>
Its okay, it is just IRONICALLY bad.
>>
It's okay, guys, Hussie just had a good reason to make it shit
>>
>>82034030
My only hope is that hussie draws it himself. Imliked the last still images updates, but I didn't like that Hussie himself didn't draw the panels himself
>>
>>82034042
it's not shit, you're missing the point
it's meta
>>
>>82034138
it's meta AND shit
>>
>>82034095
>>82034109
it just needs clearing up
>>
File: light-godtier-cutie-mark.png (23 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
light-godtier-cutie-mark.png
23 KB, 500x501
What was Alt-Calliope doing in Act 7?
Is she also a Muse of Space?
What did regular Calliope do?
>>
>>82033957
ALL THE BETTER THE PROMOTE THE VARIOUS MERCHANDIZE WITH SNIPPETS OF SEMI-CANON MATERIAL.

AND THAT MOTHERFUCKER KNOWS WE HUNGER FOR THAT ==> CANDY SHIT LIKE GOD DAMN.

HOW COME YOU GUYS NEVER CALL HIM A JEW? HE GOT THE FAT LIPS PART COVERED
>>
>>82034154
It doesn't just need clearing up. At this point a long textual exposition will feel like a BKEW theory.
>>
Eridan a cute
>>
File: Flip-VriskaTereziBetweenLegs.gif (10 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
Flip-VriskaTereziBetweenLegs.gif
10 KB, 650x450
Does the comic really go to shit?

Because this is the coolest thing ever HOLY FUCK
>>
>>82034154
So does a pile of shit, that doesn't speak to the pile of shit's favour.
>>
>>82033957
It's sort of like a something between an Eva ending and a Lain ending.
I remember when watching the end of Lain I was really confused to, until I later rewatched and read up more. The story 'ended' when she became self-aware and decided to leave the material world, and everything else was actually just her remembering her material existence and deciding to remove herself from the narrative.

>Luffy is in the captcha pictures
>The captcha tests are literally solving anime now
Is 4chan trying to tell me something?
>>
>>82034166
I agree with you but at the same time I wish that he would just answer some simple questions so that we have just a basic understanding of how events unfolded, because there are like five completely different interpretations of the ending right now and they are all based on confusion over things that should be totally clear.
>>
>>82034184
Here's a belittling, condescending rude comment about your fave, because that is the cool thing to do around here.

Eridan a shit.
>>
>>82033912
I hate how people are using Umineko reasoning to make sense of the Homestuck's ending.
"The bad guys were the audience all along! We trapped the characters in the comic and we just want to see their suffer, so the ending was a final fuck you to the readers so that they can finally be happy outside of our influence!"

Except this hasn't even been hinted once in the story, and the comic ends with a THANKS FOR PLAYING so this isn't even the morale the comic is trying to convey. HOMESTUCK IS NOT FUCKING UMINEKO, FOR FUCK'S SAKE. WE'RE NOT "RAPING THE CHARACTERS INSIDE THE CAT BOX". GOD HOW I HATE THIS.
>>
>>82034152
>>82034217
He could have left some things open to interpretation and left them ambiguous while still fulfilling the parts of the story we most wanted to see and would've enjoyed closure with.

Holy shit, it's like Lemony Snickets and The Chronicles of Narnia ended all over again.
>>
File: 6959949499_665cc14488_o[1].png (235 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
6959949499_665cc14488_o[1].png
235 KB, 500x366
every time I read ending theories I'm reminded of this scene from the simpsons
>it's just a little meta, it's still good, it's still good!
>>
>>82034256
it doesn't end because that's not even the last part of the timeline

thanks for playing exists because they won that universe, but they have to go back into the game later
>>
>>82034241
>Here's a belittling, condescending rude comment about your fave, because that is the cool thing to do around here.

You seem butt hurt about something.
>>
>>82034157
Destroying the green sun

Yeah, no shit. She's doomed timeline Calliope not a different person

Fucking nothing
>>
>>82034198
The seeds of destruction have already been sown. Kanaya and John have come back to life and Hussie's decided that Eridan is an irredeemable comical villain.

The rest of Act 5 is awesome though.
>>
>>82034261
>He could have left some things open to interpretation and left them ambiguous while still fulfilling the parts of the story we most wanted to see and would've enjoyed closure with.

The only thing we didn't see was the kill shot on English and the fate of the kids
>>
MAYBE it's like some 2deep5u commentary on the nature of mortality and death.
Did they actually get a nice 'afterlife' by going into the paradise universe afterall, or did they just disappear into the void as the story ended. It's left a mystery.
>>
>>82034065
It's funny that you mention The Dark Tower because I remember Rachel years ago was talking shit about it. She said that no, the "journey" isn't the only important thing and that the ending is a crucial part of the story, and it doesn't matter how good a story is: if the ending is shit it's going to be remembered as shit. I think it was on twitter so sadly that's no longer available.

So haha, fuck you Rachel. Hussie did exactly the same thing. I remember she posted that because I knew this would happen.
>>
File: hftsD.jpg (5 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
hftsD.jpg
5 KB, 184x184
>>82034280
Oh shit I'm sorry. Didn't realize you were just memeing. Carry on.
>>
>>82034301
>The only thing we didn't see is everything that would have given us closure
>>
File: battler.jpg (292 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
battler.jpg
292 KB, 640x480
>>82034256
Umineko was fucking garbage when it pulled its "ambiguous" end and Homestuck is fucking garbage now too.

Note well that the best parts of Homestuck and Umineko are when the meta aspects are part of the plot but also fairly simple to understand

SEE: Spades Slick dealing with the time altering powers of the Felt, Battler just spamming theories hoping one will stick
>>
what happened to homosuck
>>
>>82034290
So the whole Muse of Space being a master class can just be completely pointless?

How did Calliope destroy the green sun?
>>
>>82034157
She made a balck hole to destroy the Green Sun, despite the fact that, yes, she is still a Muse of Space, a class that shouldn't actually have any active powers at all, let alone the most destructive power yet seen, and also despite the fact that the narrative already dismissed destroying the Green Sun as a very bad idea.
>>
>>82034318
SMALL BOMBS
man I wish red text was still possible on 4chan
>>
>>82034327
Act 7 was Homosuck. We're waiting to see what happens now that Caliborn has taken over the story.
>>
>>82034328
through the density of three dead universes
>>
>>82034328

Sucked it into a black hole.

Yes, that's probably more of a Void thing. Yes, it's odd that 'the most passive class' can do sick magic like that.
>>
>>82034328
She became a black hole.
>>
>>82034328
>So the whole Muse of Space being a master class can just be completely pointless?
Im not sure what you mean
>>
>>82034184
I was going to respond to this with cute pictures of eridan but I realized that I don't have any saved.
pls supply.
>>
>people are comparing Homestuck, a story that still has confirmed parts in it to establish closure, to works like LOST and Umineko that 100% ended
>>
File: 1331086141648.png (236 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1331086141648.png
236 KB, 700x700
>>82034386
here you go
>>
>>82034383
Regular Calliope didn't do much.
>>
File: lyxibgaXk51qm.png (124 KB, 866x692) Image search: [Google]
lyxibgaXk51qm.png
124 KB, 866x692
>>
>>82034369
No, she didn't "make" a black hole. She turned into a black hole, you can see how she pops into a Space symbol and then absorbs everything.
She just sat back and let the space around her converge into her.
>>
File: tumblr_o5gsw0JLHC1tt72syo1_500.png (33 KB, 500x571) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5gsw0JLHC1tt72syo1_500.png
33 KB, 500x571
>>82034301
I'm of the opinion Hussie got way too high off the Discword/Narnia shit.

For comparison here's the ending of the Chronicles:
>>The sun rises, and it has become a dying red giant like the sun in the World of Charn. The moon rises and is consumed by the sun. Aslan orders Father Time to crush the sun like an orange, and almost immediately, the great body of water starts to become solid ice.
>Aslan comes down, shows himself to be the true God and the apocalypse stops and he creates a doorway, in which everyone who is good walks through in the new Narnia, the new world.
>>
>people are still pretending the epilogue will retroactively make the entire climax of the story less terrible

>people are still pretending the epilogue will ever get made
>>
>>82034408
I mean, Umineko got more closure in the manga.
>>
>>82034378
>>82034369
Heya I'd put my green sun into her black hole
>>
>>82034408
A7 was supposed to be the end

>>82034414
Regular Calliope never even entered sburb. She's just a cherub
>>
>>82034421
she pulled out three dead universes
>>
The thing I really hate about the ending is that if the theory about Caliborn's masterpiece taking place years and years after the ending is actually true, that means the real and genuine final big confrontation between the protagonists and their ultimate enemy was conveyed to us through those godawful shitty little clay figures.

And that's the biggest kick in the teeth. Jane, Jake, Dirk and Roxy apparently being killed off-screen by Caliborn is a shitty ending for them, and the idea that the trolls just flat-out died of old age is lame.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH0P-CA7ntE

Hey, here's an epilogue that promised fixing all loose ends but didn't explain anything about the Island at all, while only making already revealed shit more obvious.

And Homestuck's will still be worse.
>>
>>82034349
I was hoping for a white hole as a reference to Red Dwarf and to contrast with Caliborn creating a black hole.

Does this mean that the new universe would have to be created within the influence of the green sun anyway? Wouldn't that mean that they are susceptible to Lord English being created?
>>
>>82034433
Never read Narnia, but even fucking Rincewind endings aren't as anti-climactic as Homestuck.
>>
>>82033543
>Implying everything didn't eventually fall apart anyway
>>
>>82034486
I don't think the ending of the Discworld series worked that well. Terry should write a couple of books to wrap up the major characters' stories.
>>
>>82034516
>Terry should write a couple books
Well that's going to be difficult.
>>
File: x.jpg (841 KB, 1040x9792) Image search: [Google]
x.jpg
841 KB, 1040x9792
>>
>>82034516

Too soon, man.
>>
>>82034516
Anon....
>>
File: y.jpg (582 KB, 920x8680) Image search: [Google]
y.jpg
582 KB, 920x8680
>>
>>82033543
Most people in my country would murder to get the job he has and he has the guts to complain!
>>
>>82034481
All the new universes under the Green Sun's domain are under its domain too. Maybe, since Calliope destroyed the sun, the universe is no longer within it's reach. Which doesn't make sense becase we know Caliborn is born in that very same universe, but whatever.

Also, fuck. I hate how the time in the Furthest Ring is linear when the narration requires it. It makes things difficult to follow because you don't know when it's linear and when it's not, and when it's too lineal and you see characters navigating it with ease (Roxy, Vriska, Davepeta, etc.) I feel super cheated because we were forced to wait 3 years but apparently that's not an issue anymore.
>>
>>82034473
I think part of the point of the story that wasn't communicated well enough, was that LE and the cherub clusterfuck wasn't really the point of the story or goal of the characters. They were just sort of shitty obstacles that stood in the way but apparently could be side-stepped all along, since they made a New Universe anyway.

>Jane, Jake, Dirk and Roxy apparently being killed off-screen
This never happens. Even in the puppet show they eventually defeat Caliborn without causalities. It's just ambiguous what happens to the Beta kids after they're unsealed to go fight LE.
>>
>>82034474
The Island was purgatory.
They died in a plane crash.
It was all a big test.
What more do you need?
>>
>>82033848
>>
>>82034555
>>82034557
>>82034559

Terry was mediocre to be honest. But people like mediocrity, perhaps because excellence reminds them of their own mediocrity.
>>
>>82034613

If they defeat Caliborn, then how does he go on to become Lord English?
>>
File: 1443871928173.jpg (128 KB, 1600x1584) Image search: [Google]
1443871928173.jpg
128 KB, 1600x1584
>>82034644
>>
>>82034582
>Job
What job? He's loaded off daddy's money and doesn't need to work. New Englanders are loaded.
>>
>>82034644
You sound mediocre
>>
LONG LIVE KING KARKAT
>>
File: 1460335235694.png (3 MB, 1258x1575) Image search: [Google]
1460335235694.png
3 MB, 1258x1575
>>82034644
>>
>>82034556
>>82034576
It's way too early to be consuming this high a concentration of anime.
>>
>>82034644
>Terry was mediocre to be honest.
Not cool dude.
>>
>>82034474
LOSTs problem wasn't that it had loose ends that needed fixing, it's that the reveals throughout the whole show sucked.

The smoke monster being a guy who feel in a puddle is the most offensive reveal of all time.

People comparing Homestuck to this is mind boggling. If the creators had said WE'LL DO AN EPILOGUE I wouldn't give a shit because the show at that point was so bad. Considering Act 7 was really good besides not showing the kids fate I'm looking forward to the epilogue.
>>
File: laughingmituna.gif (149 KB, 500x417) Image search: [Google]
laughingmituna.gif
149 KB, 500x417
>>82033848
>tfw Mituna will never be your bf

best friend, of course
>>
WHAT IS HUSSIE DOING RIGHT NOW?

Does he even have a public facing account anywhere now?
Has he said anything other than the news on the site?
>>
>>82034649
They didn't kill Caliborn. He got sucked into Lil' Cal with Gamzee and Equius and AR.

I'm not sure what happened to LE. I think he was knocked into the black hole by the Beta Kids when Vriska opened the chest.
>>
Characters who deserve to enter the new universe:

John
Rose
Dave
Jade
Casey
WV
PM
Terezi
Kanaya
Aradia
Sollux
Jane
Roxy
Dirk
Jake
Dad
The Felt
Calliope
Ms Paint
Authour

Honorable mention: Aimless Renegade, Spades Slick

Anyone I forgot?
>>
>>82034738
Writing up news on the Epilogue and Hiveswap right now, probably.
>>
>>82034311
Maybe that's why they broke up
>>
>>82034738
Nope, he's gone dark since the news post. Not that him going dark is anything new of course.
>>
>>82034752
haha you forgot karkat xD
>>
File: 1460146262154.gif (897 KB, 800x430) Image search: [Google]
1460146262154.gif
897 KB, 800x430
>>82034635
>>
File: even_shoes_find_this_funny.png (159 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
even_shoes_find_this_funny.png
159 KB, 255x255
>>82034710
>People comparing Homestuck to this is mind boggling.
Andrew himself was a fan of LOST and compared it to homestuck, don't look at me. And the creators did say that, it was the video I linked.

>Considering Act 7 was really good besides not showing the kids fate

and LE's fate
and the sprites' fate
and Vriska's fate
anyone really

>>82034759
>Writing up news on the Epilogue
>>
>>82034738
Conference in LA with Dante Basco & others to plan for Homestuck: The Live Action Movie
>>
>>82034752
>listing anything but the original 4 kids

Hello cancer
>>
>>82034738
snorting coke off a horse's ass with igpd
>>
i think this ending bugged me more than the soprano's ending
>>
ULTIMATE SELF
>>
>>82034649
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=009348
>>
File: takaratime01.png (302 KB, 500x1350) Image search: [Google]
takaratime01.png
302 KB, 500x1350
>>
>>82034847
oh god shut up
>>
>>82034857
MARIO STAR
>>
>>82034922
>Equius will never fire a bow and arrow
>>
>>82034847
Oh, you mean the blackout? That was just a problem with cable providers. Look up a high quality rip for the actual ending, It's pretty crazy!
>>
>>82034857
>mad pleb who can't into plato
>>
USING A MAGICAL DEVIDE THAT MAGICALLY SOLVES ALL YOUR PROBLEMS IS BAD

EXCEPT IF YOU FUSE WITH ANOTHER PERSON. THEN IT'S OKAY.

GOOD STORYTELLING.
>>
>>82034752
Vriska.
>>
>>82034980
the house juju is so much bullshit
no one knows how it works and it does something different every time we see it
>>
>>82034964
Pretty sure Plato's theories didn't contemplate your different selves from different timelines painting a whole picture of your being, or even the ideal form of individuals.
Maybe you're the one who can't into Plato?
>>
File: 1442884264624.jpg (17 KB, 342x311) Image search: [Google]
1442884264624.jpg
17 KB, 342x311
>>82034686
Is this fucking real?
>>
>>82034749

Only partially, as I recall. I seem to remember the fight ending as we saw it with Jake's hopesplosion, with Caliborn still running around.
>>
>>82035005
NO ONE KNOWS WHAT IT DOES
THAT'S WHAT MAKES IT EFFECTIVE
IT'S A META EFFECT
YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND IT SO IT'S A PLOT HOLE
AND THE PLOT HOLE KILLS LORD ENGLISH

META WRITING

PLOT HOLES ARE GOOD
>>
>>82035005
aranea probably knows how it works, being the resident exposition character
>>
>>82034847
The Sopranos ending had a proper, full narrative leading up to it, and actually meant something. If you added ten more seconds of content going in any direction, no one would have a problem with it.

Homestuck's ending needs a complete rewrite and at least 50 more pages, PLUS the epilogue.
>>
>It's been a whole week and still nothing from huss
It's ogre
>>
Homestucks over?
>>
COME PLAY

http://overseer2.com
Session name: comblr
password: zahhak
>>
>>82035045

Okay, out of curiosity and with full agreement with what you said, how would you fix Homestuck's ending?

Say you can cut out anything and everything from Act 6 onwards.
>>
>>82035023
Yep. Pterry's the original baneposter.

https://books.google.com.au/books?id=fEitfJ4ERnsC&pg=PA65&lpg=PA65&dq=pratchett+bromeliad+extremely+painful&source=bl&ots=xVDOGKHZDY&sig=14nULUqSKqWNaJwf9egtxnn7PpU&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjbgdDyxp3MAhXHJaYKHT10AkIQ6AEIJzAC#v=onepage&q=pratchett%20bromeliad%20extremely%20painful&f=false
>>
>>82035005
plot hole

it makes English and destroys him
>>
>>82035034
Dirk stuffed the souls of Calliborne and co. into Lil' Cal.

Which essentially made LE what he was, so good going Dirk.
>>
>>82035072
almost
there's gonna be an epilogue of unspecified length in an unspecified form at an unspecified time that covers unspecified content
>>
>>82035098
>Say you can cut out anything and everything from Act 6 onwards.

That should fix things nicely.
>>
>>82035110

the epilogue's existence is also unspecified
>>
>>82035023
it's a big coincidence
>>
>>82035005
It's a literal plot hole. Used as a weapon. Furhtering Huss' status as a HACK
>>
>>82034674
I'd say by now he's loaded in his own right.
Must be nice to have the safety net, though.
>>
File: PM.gif (130 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
PM.gif
130 KB, 650x450
>PM never died
NOTHING STOPS THE MAIL
>>
>>82035106
they had to make LE to make their universe
>>
>>82035153
The fight between PM and Bec Noir was fucking weak sauce. I don't think she should have won like that.
>>
>>82035153

>PM survived
>WV survived
>WQ apparently still exists since we never saw her die in the Alpha kids' session
>AR was literally never seen or heard from again
>>
I think the house juju is the best example of Hussie thinking up a really cool idea then realizing way too late it's not that great when used. Couldn't help that he most likely didn't bounce it off of anyone else
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>82035153
HALALALA
>>
>>82035069
This your first pause newfriend?
>>
>>82035208
What was the house juju? What's a juju, come to think of it?

Did LE get killed by the kids popping out of the house and knocking him into the black hole?
>>
>>82035098
That's too big of an order.

To JUST fix the ending, I would throw in a final twist, have another round of pesterlogs for characters to close up their arcs, then have some big dumb fight with LE. Use the power of friendship or some bullshit to almost win then fail, then have some really fucking stupid call back joke finish things off (like the Snoop bust from PS). Then epilogue that just gives a brief glimpse into where each character was heading going forward.
>>
File: meWO2Y1r.png (216 KB, 620x780) Image search: [Google]
meWO2Y1r.png
216 KB, 620x780
>>
File: 1359430151617.jpg (287 KB, 960x704) Image search: [Google]
1359430151617.jpg
287 KB, 960x704
>>
>>
WHISTLES UPDATE
>>
How does it feel to have vriska be the best character in homestuck?

How does it feel to have hussie double down on rushing to the end after years of making us wait for nothing?

How mad are you that homestuck turned out to literally be about making money off of tumblr fangirls?

Did you delete your homestuck folder yet?
>>
I wanted to see English get killed by time shenanigans. Instead he was killed by author meta shenanigans.
>>
The thing with Sopranos' ending is that there aren't 1954184 possible ways for the story go because it's the real world and you can easily guess what happens next.

Homestuck's jujus don't make any fucking sense, there's potential to do whatever you fucking want with classpects and 50 characters that need proper endings. In The Sopranos almost everyone got a full character arc, I'd say.
>>
>>82035252
>then have some really fucking stupid call back joke finish things off (like the Snoop bust from PS)
as much as I like the idea of LE being defeated with a sylladex or some bullshit, id rather that an actual 'glitch in time' sort of thing was the cause
>>
>>82035286
How many dicks can Jade suck though
>>
>>82035289
IT'S REAL
http://www.whistlescomic.com/
>>
File: original.jpg (20 KB, 720x352) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
20 KB, 720x352
>>82035296
Nothing! I feel nothing!
>>
Why the fuck did (Vriska) deserve to suffer?
>>
File: daveinyou.jpg (88 KB, 900x725) Image search: [Google]
daveinyou.jpg
88 KB, 900x725
>>82035319
We both know there's only way to find out
>>
>>82035348
She paralyzed tavros, blinded terezi, and murdered Aradia via Sollux
>>
>>82035315
I just realised. There is no reason they couldn't defeat English just by putting him in the wallet.
>>
>>82035098
Not him but Game Over and on.

Dave uses time travel after touching Jade, brings her back to Jane. Nanna finds Roxy and Rose after the sweet catch and heals Rose. Condy gets to Aranea before she's able to kill Jane - Jane can revive Jake. Lastly John is sent by a dying Terezi back to snatch Karkat and Kanaya out of the very moments they died, Chrono Trigger style. Karkat does a Bloody Thing and together with Kanaya's Sylph powers and experience with torso piercings, they save Terezi.

After Aranea dies, Jade and Condy get the planets back in order and begin building the destroyed house towers back up, to release their planets' grist hoards. During this time, heroes regroup, John clears the glitches, and they begin to plan how to fuck up some villains without Vriska's help.
>>
>>82035252

Honestly, one big issue is that the big flash was used up dealing with all the more minor villains, leaving no time for English's defeat.

So I'd suggest taking out at least two before the end of Act 6. Say Jack, for one, and then probably the Condesce. What you could even do then is have Lord English emerge from Union Jack, neatly removing that minor villain as well and depositing the final villain at the heroes' feet, ripe for combat.
>>
>>82035319
>>82035366
jade is pure and not a slut.
>>
File: whip.gif (116 KB, 930x506) Image search: [Google]
whip.gif
116 KB, 930x506
>>
File: 1338515343750.gif (72 KB, 500x472) Image search: [Google]
1338515343750.gif
72 KB, 500x472
>>82035296
>>
>>82035348
Because she abandoned her friends and she abandoned who she was.

She was also a whiny teenage drama queen, and being insufferable is the worst sin of all.
>>
>>82035432
Jade is a nymphomaniac fully committed to breeding duties.
>>
>>82035286
Stop this, Jade is PURE!
>>
File: jade learns what worksout do.png (171 KB, 885x1254) Image search: [Google]
jade learns what worksout do.png
171 KB, 885x1254
>>82035486
Jade's the least pure person in the comic
>>
What? English was defeated by the retcon allowing John to be trapped in the Juju while also touching it, allowing for him to be a glitch in the story

that is very much a time shenanigan
>>
>>82035461

But who she was was utter garbage.
>>
>>82035522
That makes no sense, English wasn't defeated. We didn't see any defeat.
>>
>>82035511
>>82035486
>>82035478
Jade's not a slut, she's exclusively Davesexual
>>
>>82035522
there's a difference between time shenanigans happening near Lord English and time shenanigans being directly responsible for his defeat
>>
>>82035544
Caliborn was defeated

as for LE the context clues are all there, but the epilogue will put the final word on it
>>
File: image.png (260 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
image.png
260 KB, 640x400
>>82035511
sauce plox
>>
>>82035591
Caliborn didn't deserve to be mindraped, that's another thing the ending did wrong.
>>
File: 1436811516391.gif (338 KB, 652x684) Image search: [Google]
1436811516391.gif
338 KB, 652x684
>>
>>82035637
well yeah he did unless you think innocent murder for giggles is cool
>>
>>82035187
I think collide as a whole was fucking weak sauce. God-tier was such a wasted concept. I don't get how John wasn't able to fucking one-shot the condense and how Terezi could fight on the same level as Dave and Dirk.
>>
>ARquius didn't burst in with a herd of horses much larger than the the ghost army and shove LE into the black hole
I think we all know this is the real problem with the ending.
>>
>>82034086
he told us this
in the masterpiece
caliborn said something about the juju changing nature after being used BY him, so that it would be a tool used AGAINST him
>>
File: epphica.gif (211 KB, 730x900) Image search: [Google]
epphica.gif
211 KB, 730x900
>>
>>82035309
STOP ACTING LIKE CLASSPECTS MATTER
>>
>>82035680
and Hussie never told us how or why
>>
>>82035654
It was his fucking nature to eventually kill his sister, Calliope did it too in an alternate timeline, but just because she did it in a slightly different way that means it's okay?
>>
>>82035627
Check /aco/
>>
File: LE_8ball_eyes.png (6 KB, 550x450) Image search: [Google]
LE_8ball_eyes.png
6 KB, 550x450
reminder that LE's eyeballs turn into 8balls in the presence of cueball infused artifacts
>>
>>82035708
I'm saying that classpect attacks and fraymotifs allow for bullshit to happen regarding the LE fight at least
>>
>>82035720
The only people Caliborn actually killed were Calliope and a billion ghosts.
The only people Calliope actually killed were Caliborn and a billion ghosts.
>>
>>82035720
yeah, because he cheated

sburb punished him for it
>>
>>82035733
The juju wasn't a cueball, nor it was actually white, until Act 7. It looked white because it was transparent.
>>
>>82035725
>Jade is normal sized
>So is Dave
>She doesn't have a dick
What sorcery is this
>>
>>82035765
wrong
>>
>>82035733
Heyyy that's pretty good but what if after a three month break there'll be an 8th act, which will last for at least 3 months of suffering
>>
>>82035675
wasn't there supposed to be a second arquius?
>>
>>82035714
does it matter? it's a mcguffin, it's always been a mcguffin

no, it's actually a Plot Device
it's weaponized Plot

it's given to caliborn as a symbol of ultimate power and it defeats his enemies
but then it becomes a weapon against him

just like the plot
he's in control but ultimately plot dictates he's a bad guy and he loses
>>
>>82035781
[citation needed]
>>
>>82035786
yes we get it, it was shitty on purpose
but ironic shitposting is still shitposting
>>
>>82035725
dankah kamerad
>>
>>82035784
Epilogue being Act 8 with Vriska narrating (antithesis to Scratch, the cue ball) has been the biggest theory on here

it also fits with her promise to Terezi, as well as Hussie planning the epilogue for "some time" (whenever he decided to do the retcon)
>>
>>82035672
tz is hardcore
>>
>>82035750
LORD ENGLISH ISN'T CALIBORN

Lord English is Caliborn (desire to kill his sister) + an insane clown, Doc Scratch being ARquius.

>>82035753
Yeah but it didn't punish the kids for cheating 999 times, they got a happy ending.
>>
>>82035672
>John wasn't able to fucking one-shot the condense

Because that would be boring you immense retard

read that shitty fanventure if you want to watch jane one shot condy
>>
>>82035812
not saying it was shitty, I'm not giving a value judgment

All I'm doing is showing what it's meant to be

homestuck is a story about stories
i'm just trying to say, if you're going to hate it, hate it for what it is and not what it isn't
>>
>>82035765
It's got Dave and the eggsword in it.
>>
>>82035858
bullshit, why shouldn't I hate it for what it isn't?
It isn't a good story, that's what it isn't
>>
Collide is a great flash entertainment-wise, but it falls apart when you realize it's:

Act 1: The characters use all their cool attacks and gain some ground.
Act 2: The villains completely destroy the characters, hope seems lost.
Act 3: One of the characters suddenly one-shots everyone. They didn't try that before because reasons.
>>
>>82035831
Scratch is barely Equius, so it stands to reason that LE is barely Gamzee

all the gamzee inclusion really did was explain his communion with the purple bloods
>>
>>82035821
There we go. He just had to churn out the End of Homestuck meme really fast for the seventh anniversary and as a last ditch effort to try to outdo memegame in popularity.
>>
>>82035831
>gamzee is insane meme

stop that
>>
>>82035858
not him but i'll hate this post for being shit
>>
>>82035859
I agree, and you're right. But the juju itself doesn't have cueball properties, just clarifying that.

>>82035886
Explain "you're motherfucking hurting me"/what he said to aranea/him killing karkat then.
>>
>>82035831
Both LE and English have the same components except a cueball head. The difference is what components are dominant - none were lost in the transformation except the cueball.
>>
>>82035876
because you're hating it for the wrong reasons, because you're a moron and don't understand anything
>>
>>82035883
and it's also technically the end of homestuck because it's the end of the timeloop story, with the epilogue not being part of the story

It's meta but it's okay meta as long as closure is given
>>
>>82035903
What makes you think I don't understand? I know that it's meta. It's just also shit.
>>
>>82035898
Doc Scratch doesn't have Gamzee nor Caliborn in him. He talks about both in third person.
>>
File: 06090[1].gif (11 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
06090[1].gif
11 KB, 650x450
>>82035781
uhhhh no.
>>
>>82035897
it was a ruse
>>
File: 1442614944639.png (69 KB, 444x431) Image search: [Google]
1442614944639.png
69 KB, 444x431
>It's so meta criticism can't possibly apply to it
>>
>>82035897
The first one was Gamzee being the most deliberate he has ever been.
>>
>>82035092
I came to play, what now
>>
>>82035929
That's the only panel where it doesn't appear white.
>>
>>82035877
Yeah I get what you're saying. I was kind of underwhelmed by Collide too but I can't really blame Hussie because it was fulfilling a promise to fans for a spectacular bossfight extravaganza, and it delivered in that respect.

Act 7 is bullshit though, because it's all about not showing things that fans want to see.
>>
>>82035931
What was a ruse, that he ever wasn't a murderous bastard? Even if he's not insane then you can just assume LE's murdering tendencies come from him.

Not to even say that apparently all the ghosts dying is a good thing, and LE's just doing garbage collection. And they were trying to kill him too, LE was just doing area attacks in hope of getting his sister.
>>
File: 06089[1].gif (18 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
06089[1].gif
18 KB, 650x450
>>82035962
uhhhh no.
>>
>>82035974
>then you can just assume LE's murdering tendencies come from him.

Caliborn immediately shot Gamzee, the first living person he ever met.
>>
>>82035919
Davesprite talks about Dave in third person. AR talks about Dirk in third person. They are capable of understanding separate entities of the same thing and also that 2 or more things combined is not even the same thing as any single component to begin with.
>>
>>82035974
>LE's murdering tendency come from gamzee
>not cali "i want to fuck my sister to death and kill everything that gets in my way" born
>>
>>82036005
With good reasons, that he explained to Hussie. Fuck clowns.
>>
>>82036020
>durr
>>
File: gmIl3f1qcf6.png (1 MB, 1280x1684) Image search: [Google]
gmIl3f1qcf6.png
1 MB, 1280x1684
>>
>>82036020
WITH GOOD REASONS. THAT HE EXPLAINED TO HUSSIE.
FUCK CLOWNS.
>>
>>82035877
Union Jack's was okay barring the fact that he is a completely vestigial element of the story

Bec and HIC were straight up terrible. Trolls have shown to be extremely resilient to stabbings and HIC;s supposed to have turned herself into some kind of super troll hybrid
>>
>>82036013
Because Davesprite and AlphaTimeline Dave are actually different people.

Because AR and Dirk aren't even close to being the same person.

Erisolsprite, and all other combined sprites, even AR itself when referring to Equius talked about their separate parts in first person.
>>
>>82036005
If you saw an alien juggalo, covered in blood, with his cock sock hanging out, you try to kill it to.
>>
if the epilogue doesn't do right by my honkfriend, me and hussie are going to have words
>>
>>82036049
Davepeta talked in third person about Davesprite and Nepeta.
>>
>>82036045
don't forget, Karkat defeating Clover was the most bullshit thing in Collide
>>
>>82036045
Vriska IMMEDIATELY died when she got stabbed through the heart, are you stupid?
>>
>>82036049
Good, now you can fully understand why a 3-person merged entity inside a doll copied into ectobiology with a cueball would consider itself to be NOT a particular component of its creation.

I'm glad we had this talk anon, you're coming to understand the basics of Homestuck already.
>>
>>82036085
It wasn't. What I'm about to say isn't bullshit after-the-fact justification.

Clover is a pervert and found being tied up by karkat hot, so it was lucky for him. That's why he's in some bullshit charm with him when he does it.
>>
>>82036085
not true, karkat wasn't trying to kill him, so his luck powers didn't work
>>
>>82036056
I'm diff. anon, yeah that's fair but Caliborn was still pretty bloodthirsty on his own.
>>
>>82036103
there's some reason to believe that the entity that emerged from Doc Scratch is actually just Caliborn and not some amalgamation

mainly, because Lord English isn't smart like ARquius and Doc Scratch were
>>
>>82036103
I didn't do that at all. Doc Scratch has the memories of AR, which is why he refers to himself as Rose's uncle.

Doc Scratch has no memories of Gamzee, which is why he refers to him in third person.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 118

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.