[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the worst portrayal of 2 face?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: Two_Face_6711.jpg (117 KB, 640x416) Image search: [Google]
Two_Face_6711.jpg
117 KB, 640x416
What was the worst portrayal of 2 face?
>>
>>82033031
Tommy Lee Jones, probably. Best was Richard Moll from TAS.
>>
File: BTB 2 Face.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
BTB 2 Face.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>82033031
Batman Forever, followed by Arkham City.

Beware the Batman had the worse Harvey though.
>>
>>82033094
Why did they make him Hush?
>>
>>82033132

Dark Knight Returns reference.
>>
>>82033132
He wasn't technically Two-Face yet. He takes off the bandages at the end of the episode.

Also >>82033155
>>
>>82033094
>lasers instead of real guns
I realize it's a children's cartoon, but that kinda shit pissed me off as a kid.
>>
>>82033196
It wasn't even supposed to a laser, WB panicked and had them change them at the last minute for PR reasons.
>>
>>82033265
It looked really fucking stupid on pump actions.
Honestly I'm not sure what bother s me more the fact there lasers or that stupid rectangle design on said laser guns barrels.
>>
>>82033094
What was wrong with Arkham City?
>>
>>82033031
TDK Dent was really underrated.
>>
>>82033387
He was just some crook with silly puns that got taken out like a bitch too soon. He's basically a video game version of Tommy Lee Jones. They even gave him Sugar & Spice in the AC comic.
>>
>>82033295
honestly I'm a sucker for pump action lasers. no idea where I picked it up from.
>>
>>82033196
>as a kid.
>two years ago
>>
>>82033031
Definitely not that one
>>
>>82033465
The first Men in Black movie?
>>
>>82033693
shit, I bet that's it
>>
>>82033031
>>
>>82033763
I'm sure I'll be seeing that in my nightmares. Thanks, anon.
>>
File: 500px-AtomicGreenLantern.jpg (77 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
500px-AtomicGreenLantern.jpg
77 KB, 500x500
>>82033763
>Not loving the atomic versions of DC

I just wish we got an actual comic showing the rest of the nuclear versions of this universe
>>
>>82033031
The only problem with the one you posted is that he had no business being in that film. It would have been better if he was the villain of the third film instead of Bane.
>>
>>82033196

They did that after that guy shot up the theatre for DKR
>>
>>82033540
You're not terribly smart, are you?
>>
>>82033430
He had his own boss fight (albeit with Catwoman) and everything.

Plus his opening scene was dope as shit.
>>
>>82033031
This Two-Face was wasted on that movie.

Additionally, I hate how, in the wake of this portrayal, pretty much every version of him you see in the comics is "Half-a-skull-Face". Also, he wouldn't be able to talk. And I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have his wound uncovered like that. God, for how seriously they took themselves, these movies were silly.
>>
>>82034179
I didn't notice the comics changing their portrayal of the character after the movie.

I thought the design was silly too, and I'd had loved something more fleshy rather than skull-like, like Tim Sale's Two-Face or something.

But at the same time, I understand why they did it. Nolan didn't want to go for "realistic" with Two-Face, because he didn't want him to look disturbing or gross. It was a PG-13 film, he wanted kids to be able to see it, and he didn't want people to turn away from the screen at the reveal. Still, I remember being like, "oh, come on" when I saw it.

I don't think he was wasted in the movie. He had a full and satisfying character arc. Just because they didn't do some sequel tease so they could have him as the villain for the third doesn't mean he was "wasted." If anything, this might had been more powerful than doing that.
>>
>>82033540
>reading comprehension
>>
>>82034426
>He had a full and satisfying character arc

>"Hurr, I hate the Joker"
>"Huh, Joker's actually not an entirely bad guy, I like the way he thinks!"
He heel-turned so fast that it gave the Undertaker whiplash.
>>
Tommy Lee Jones
>>
>>82034785
>He heel-turned so fast that it gave the Undertaker whiplash.
The coin told him so.
>>
>>82034785
He wanted to kill the Joker but had given himself up to chance
>>
>>82034785
>"Huh, Joker's actually not an entirely bad guy, I like the way he thinks!"

He never expressed anything even remotely resembling this.

>The Joker's just a mad dog. I want whoever let him off the leash.

He still hates The Joker, he just holds the mob and the corrupt cops ultimately responsible for the death of Dawes and his face.

Dent's arc is that he starts off, much like Bruce Wayne, idealistic and determined to clean up crime in Gotham. But unlike Bruce, he's trying to do it through legitimate ways.

He still has a dark side, though. Like when he kidnaps an insane Joker henchman and interrogates him with a gun to. This is the first clue that Dent might have flaws that will prevent him from being the White Knight Gotham needs so that it has a legitimate accountable authority rather than a Batman.

After the confrontation, Dent gets back on track to doing things on the up-and-up. But after the death of Dawes and his disfigurement, he becomes bitter, because he feels that despite doing everything right, he was the only one out of the pact between Batman, Gordon, and himself to suffer and lose everything. He feels it isn't fair, especially because it was corrupt people in Gordon's office that worked with the mob (remember when Dent and Gordon were arguing about who's office tipped the mob off about the sting?). The irony here is that he doesn't know about Batman's love of Dawes, and that he isn't the only one who lost a love one. The extra layer of irony is that Batman realizes this irony under the impression that Dawes would had chosen him.
>>
>>82035458
Joker's MO is getting people to resent the "plans" of authorities that end up hurting them. He gains the mob's trust by taking advantage of their desperation after Lau's plan fails. And he corrupts Dent by taking advantage of his disillusionment after their plan fails.

This doesn't mean that Dent likes The Joker. He still hates him. But he's more mad at the unfair system that allowed somebody like The Joker to come about and do this stuff. He's mad at the fact that, despite being a good soldier, he was singled out and his life was destroyed. He wants everybody else to be prey to the same odds he was.
>>
File: 1421248355073.jpg (91 KB, 696x927) Image search: [Google]
1421248355073.jpg
91 KB, 696x927
>>82033989
But the whole arc revolved around Dent. It would've felt off being drawn out into another movie.

Pic unrelated, just wanted to post some cool Two-Face art.
>>
>>82033031
Remember what they called him when he worked in internal affairs?

Coinface Cunterson
>>
File: Two-Face Bruce Timm.jpg (198 KB, 834x1280) Image search: [Google]
Two-Face Bruce Timm.jpg
198 KB, 834x1280
>>82036444
>Posting Two-Face
>Getting trips instead of dubs

Chance wasn't kind to you today, friend. Let's flip the coin again, shall we?
>>
>>82035458
The whole "chance" thing is also worth mentioning. His double-sided coin represents him making his own luck. As Harvey Dent he feels in control, and he usually is. But then after he loses Rachel he suddenly realizes how little control he actually has and surrenders himself to chaos. The incident damages him mentally and emotionally and the coin reflects that since being burnt gives it the potential to have another result as opposed to before when he would always know the outcome.
>>
>>82033465
playing x-com, the laser shotguns were my favorite fucking thing.
>>
>>82035458
>>82038838
Posts like these remind me of how good TDK was, enough that I wish TDKR didn't exist. Guess it was only good for the Bane memes.
>>
>>82033989
The whole conflict of that film was between Bruce and Harvey, and how they react to losing what they loved.
>>
>>82038838
I like this post
>>
>>82033196

>MY FACE WAS BURNED HALF OFF, WAS METAL AS FUCK DUDE
>CHECK OUT THE FUCKING LAAAAAASER BEEEEAMS!
>>
>>82036444
Does Two-Face makes his own suits, or does he pay someone to make them for him?
>>
>>82033196
Spiderman TAS was the biggest offender in that regard, even as a kid i was annoyed because it felt like every other story involved either laser guns or giant robots with laser guns
>>
>>82033094
Fug I didn't know Two-Face was in Beware. I should check it out.
>>
>>82033196
I liked lasers in spiderman series. It felt like near future with all those robots and scientific advances.
>>
>>82041225
That Spiderman show was particularly guilty of being pussified. Notice that Spiderman rarely punched bad guys and mostly fought robots. Even when he did fight a bad guy the most he could do was grapple them. They even had a rule about making it obvious Spiderman wasn't hurting any pigeons when he jumped roof to roof.
>>
>>82041186
Why would he make them himself? He's a mob boss essentially, of course he paid someone to make it for him.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.