[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Secret Saturdays
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (297 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
297 KB, 960x1440
What does /co/ think of The Secret Saturdays?
>>
Forgettable. Johnny Quest minus anything interesting or original.
>>
>>82031359
All I remember was that the kid's mom was Shego and his uncle was Terry from Batman Beyond.
>>
>>82031359
I'd tell you but it's a secret
>>
>>82031359
Taken too soon imo. I really enjoyed it
>>
>>82033371
nice but sadly short-lived. Then again considering the seasonal rot the Ben 10 franchise went through......
>>
>>82031359
Remake of Danny Phantom/10
don't get me wrong, i enjoyed it while it lasted, but i never really went out of my way to watch it, if it was on while i was channel-surfing i would stop, but i never bothered looking for it in the Guide.
>>
File: Zon4.jpg (25 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Zon4.jpg
25 KB, 720x480
>>
Drew had a nice ass.
>>
File: Drew3.jpg (32 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Drew3.jpg
32 KB, 720x480
>>82034321
>>
>>
File: scuba.jpg (39 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
scuba.jpg
39 KB, 720x480
>>
>>
The badguy was literally a sanksquatch.
>>
File: 1410767340343.jpg (388 KB, 1000x1545) Image search: [Google]
1410767340343.jpg
388 KB, 1000x1545
>>82031359
I hated the characters in this. It's like whoever wrote them only used cliches but still managed to fail because he didn't understand why these cliches work or how they formed. The kid was an irresponsible cocky jerk, but this character isn't supposed to simply be one. "The kid" is used to trigger adventures: going somewhere he shouldn't go or touching something he should have left alone. So this character might seem irresponsible or cocky for ignoring his parents advice, but really it's just a curious kid, not an annoying jerk. The father was a boring as fuck stiff with a hard-on for discipline. Again "the dad" shouldn't actually have this character, he simply wants to explore and research in the most safe and effective way, so he comes off as boring and commandeering. The mom was the worst because they just pushed it in your face how hot, fun and cool she is. While this isn't as established of a character as the kid and father in adventure cartoons, the mom should be motherly and nice most of the time, with glimpses of how fun-loving she is in-between, and then when shit goes down we see that she's actually pretty damn cool, same for hotness: it should be saved for special "wow, she's pretty hot" moments instead of shoving it in our faces. Last and least, they just melded the pet and companion role into one creating not a single, but two annoying side-kicks. They would have done better to give the kid a co-adventuring love interest. The thief girl was well meant but completely off: the morally ambiguous hot thief femme fatale rival/love interest is what a grown independent adventurer has, not a little snot-nosed kid.
>>
>>82034321
>>82034521
>>82034536
>>82034588
>>82034638
Is this the only reason anyone ever watched this?
>>
>>82031359
Loved it. Miss it frequently. Arab was my first true waifu.
>>
>>82031359

They aired this show on a Friday.
>>
>>82031400
Johnny Quest was interesting?
>>
>>82039199
I know this feel
>>
I mostly watched it for the Ben 10/ Generator Rex lead in but I have been meaning to rewatch it while on the treadmill
>>
>>82039199
>>
File: V.V._Argost.jpg (55 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
V.V._Argost.jpg
55 KB, 720x480
>>82039082
I watched it for Argost.
>>
>>82031359
I really liked it, especially towards the end. I wish it and Symbiotic Titan would have lasted longer.

Even if SS wasn't the best action cartoon from that era of CN, it was one of the last ones before action cartoons kinda stopped completely, so I miss it a lot for that reason as well.
>>
>>82042341
one of the coolesf villains
>>
Jay Stephens said the show tested poorly and most kids actually mistook it for a much older cartoon. Dude has some very bad luck. Tutenstein probably deserved better as well.
>>
I'm glad it got an ending.

I'm upset it aired its final episodes at fucking 5am.
>>
>>82042814
Are you sure you're not confusing it with Ben 10 Omniverse?

I distinctly remember catching the final episodes of SS live at primetime. I remember it because I almost never watch TV live, but that day I had decided to for some reason.
>>
>>82037293
I know this is a wall of text, but I'd actually like some feedback on this. I used to love shows like this as a little kid and I was pretty angry with them for fucking up what could have been a nice semi-nostalgic experience. I would like to know if someone explained why they didn't think it was good to themselves in the same way.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.