[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel about the Burton Batman films?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: index.jpg (5 KB, 274x184) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5 KB, 274x184
How do you feel about the Burton Batman films?
>>
GOAT
>>
File: NMB.jpg (5 KB, 221x228) Image search: [Google]
NMB.jpg
5 KB, 221x228
>>
>>82031230
I feel sleepy. Everytime I see this movie I have to struggle to stay awake.
>>
I think they're pretty good other than the script for Returns being nonsensical
>>
>>82031283
How so?
>>
>>82031230
Great atmosphere, but are starting to show their age.
>>
I think keaton's fight scenes were for the most part on the same level as Bale's, which I suppose doesn't speak well for the Nolan films but well for the Burton films.
>>
Batman Forever > the 2 Burton Batmans
>>
>>82031230
Gotham's architecture was Hell-awesome.
>>
I always lose it when the Batjet isn't zeroed in, and Joker pulls out a giant novelty rocket and shoots the batjet down
>>
First one is great despite a couple flaws.

Second one, not so great but not that bad.

Altogether, still better than Schumacher, Nolan, and Snyder.
>>
>>82031504
People always shit on the solid-cowl, which makes him unable to turn his head, but I think it gave him character. He never just casually turned his head to engage anyone, it was always a full-body turn. It's a sort of body language that I grew to always associate with Batman.

>>82031230
Taught me at a young age that it's okay for Bats to ice some fucking grunts. First one is probably best, but it gets bogged down with all the Vicki/Bruce shit. Returns is a little bit of a mess, but the components are great. Michelle Pfeiffer turns in a great performance, especially opposite of Michael Keaton.
>>
>>82031230
I still have a lot of love for them both even though neither is aging well. I still think the first one has the best production design of any Batman movie.
>>
I never liked how much Batman got his ass kicked in the first one. He gets shot to the ground at least twice, he gets his ass beaten bad by what is basically a very large henchman and gets the batplane shot down.... by a revolver.
>>
>>82031230
I don't think they aged well honestly
>>
>>82031652
It was a giant revolver though
>>
Didn't age well, but had the GOAT atmosphere and designs. Gotham's gothic architecture looked to be ripped from the comics.
>>
>>82031230
even worse than snyder
>>
great osts
>>
>>82033116
fuck off Elfman you hack
>>
Batman '89 defines the feel of Batman for me, although I know most would say Bats: TSA is the definite rendition of the character.

I don't feel as strongly towards Batman as I do towards other character so I'm not the type who figures he /needs/ to be one way or the other, so I guess Burton's rendition is just "My Batman"
>>
File: vale.jpg (64 KB, 750x405) Image search: [Google]
vale.jpg
64 KB, 750x405
also; Basinger's Vicki Vale is 2 hot
>>
>>82031230
really bland, honestly. things just weren't weird enough.
>>
>>82033166
You were burnt out before you did Gladiator, you lazy kraut
>>
File: oralsexchairs.jpg (46 KB, 397x599) Image search: [Google]
oralsexchairs.jpg
46 KB, 397x599
>>82034916
I'm from Nebraska you dolt
>>
>>82032889
/k/ here. That long barrel doesnt mean shit. It may impress kids and non-/k/s but the caliber that revolver is in wouldnt even stop a car.
>>
>>82031230
Better than current DC and Marvel films.
>>
>>82031230
They're both great and dripping with unique atmosphere but they have problems.
>>
>>82036300
>it's a joke
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.