[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Disney's Deleted Scenes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 15
File: L+S.png (908 KB, 1824x1090) Image search: [Google]
L+S.png
908 KB, 1824x1090
ITT: We post/discuss deleted/modified scenes/concepts which would have changed the entire movie.

I'll start off with a couple from Lilo+Stitch.

Pudge's death scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxmT-zQc1GQ
Stitch unintentionally causes the death of Lilo's beloved fishfriend. Stitch, being a naive alien with no knowledge of the concepts of love and affection, sits by thinking it's all in good fun. Lilo is fucking devastated. Lilo ends up burying Pudge near the grave of her parents, and Stitch has an emotional breakdown when he finally realizes what he did.

Original Jumba house invasion scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2POGTTwJi8Y
Used to be a lot more brutal and visceral than what we got in the movie. One of the weak points of the final movie is when they dumbed down this scene to retard levels, adding cringe-worthy toddler-tier gags. It was supposed to be a critical scene wherein Jumba becomes a desperate ex-creator with nothing left to lose.

Original beach mayhem scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L2ZY9UFj60
Impact is a bit more subtle, but this scene does a good job of showing Lilo's got some serious issues. Also some pretty realistic native vs tourist interaction. I've got a Hawaiian-native friend, born and raised, and there is always some serious friction between natives and tourists/stationed military. This scene really does a good job of reinforcing the setting. Without scenes like these the final movie felt a bit un-rooted, like you gradually lose sight of the fact it takes place in Hawaii.
>>
>>82028837
>Pudge's death scene

Forgot to add:
>if you look deeper you see Pudge was kind of a crutch for Lilo
>Lilo's parents died in a storm
>Lilo says and believes Pudge controls the weather
>She defends this belief rather aggressively, as you can see from her attack on the other kid near the beginning
>>
>>82028925
>>Lilo's parents died in a storm
??
>>
>>82029056

Yeah that's pretty much the key concept the entire movie hinges on.

>parents went out one rainy night
>never came back
>big sister has to struggle to raise her sibling when both never really recover from the loss

Whole idea of an incomplete broken family and irreversible loss is what makes Stitch have such a big impact on everything.
>>
File: ayy.png (2 MB, 1716x1070) Image search: [Google]
ayy.png
2 MB, 1716x1070
Hey guys

Remember the time when Aladdin was cucked by a blue space koala?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCUDS-Q67Mg
>>
I'd post links but I can't find any of these on Youtube without having to sift through a bunch of those shitty top 10 facts videos so you'll just have to take my word for it that all of these are real. Google them if you don't believe me.

>Aladdin was going to have a different ending that would reveal that the merchant from the beginning of the movie was actually the genie
>In addition to the other Lilo and Stitch stuff OP posted, there was also a different version of the sequence with Stitch chasing Gantu's ship that involved Stitch hijacking an airplane and flying it through a city. They ended up having to redo the entire sequence at the last minute because of 9/11. This is the reason why Jumba's ship was so fuckhuge compared to Gantu's.
>The Lion King had many different versions of Can You Feel the Love Tonight before they settled on the one used in the final movie. One of these had Timon and Pumbaa singing the song sarcastically.
>Hakuna Matata was also originally going to be a song called the Warthog Rhapsody that focused more on Timon and Pumbaa's lazy lifestyle. A rewritten version of the song was later used in The Lion King 1 1/2 as That's All I Need.
>Be Our Guest in Beauty and the Beast was originally going to be sung to Maurice instead of Belle. They changed this because it obviously made more sense to have everyone singing to Belle instead. Aside from Maurice being swapped out and a couple lyrics being changed, the original version was identical. Amusingly enough, the big jugs of beer meant for Maurice weren't removed in the final film.
>>
>>82029766
>Arabian Nights in Aladdin was originally going to have multiple verses. In the final movie, only the first one was kept. The final verse of the original version was later used in the intro to The Return of Jafar and as the theme song for the Aladdin tv series.
>There was also a finale reprise for Arabian Nights that got cut as well. That one was later reused as the ending for Aladdin and the King of Thieves. Both of these versions of Arabian Nights were also used in the broadway musical.
>Aladdin was originally pitched before Beauty and the Beast had gone into production and was going to be a completely different movie than what we actually got. Aladdin was going to have three human friends instead of Abu, a mother, two genies with one of them being in a ring, and a different love interest while Jasmine would be a spoiled brat. The human friends, Babkak, Omar, and Kassim would later appear in the broadway musical.
>Of the songs written for the original pitch by Howard Ashman, only three made it into the final film. These were Arabian Nights, Friend Like Me, and Prince Ali. All of the drastic changes made to the story and characters required the rest of them to be cut. Some of them were later adapted into the broadway musical.
>Aladdin and Jasmine were also going to be younger, closer to 13 or 14 years old.
>>
>>82029872
This youtube page has the deleted songs from Aladdin as well as some workprint footage. You do need to scroll down a bit for it though.

https://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyAshmanDemos/videos
>>
When I saw the original Pocahontas in theaters, I could SWEAR little me saw an indian attack Blonde Hero with an obsidian knife or arrowhead that broke against his armor. Subsequent viewings of home video versions all omitted this scene, but I'm sure I saw it when I was little.
Does anyone else remember this happening or is tiny me's memory even more plagued with inaccuracies than I thought?
>>
File: Untitled.png (226 KB, 589x352) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
226 KB, 589x352
>>82029910
You can see the original younger version of Aladdin in this clip of a pencil test version of Friend Like Me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRryaMcBrgs
>>
>>82029766

Got you covered on the Lilo and Stitch 747 scene senpai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqh-kEPYr5s
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 204x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 204x300
>>82028837
The Emperor's New Groove.
All of it. It was originally suppose to be called Kingdom of the Sun. It would of been serious and had Yzma trying to summon some god to capture the sun and get her youth back. There would of been a plot where Kuzco falls in love with a llama herder. Yzma had a villain song. Kronk was a statue thing.

Other than cutting out Yzma's villain song, it honestly sounded like a pretty generic Disney movie (kinda like The Princess and the Frog).

I'm glad we got the final cut.
>>
>>82029872
>mother
Yeah. They even had a song where Aladdin sang he was going to make his mother proud of him.
>Proud of your boy
>>
>>82030014
Same. I've hear a lot of people talk about hat we lost. From what I've seen, what we lost was another cookie-cutter late 90's Disney film, and what we got was something with a lot more of its own wry, sort of unconventional personality.
>>
File: bb-131.jpg (34 KB, 799x450) Image search: [Google]
bb-131.jpg
34 KB, 799x450
Confession scene from Brother Bear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOm7kg_3mYE

Scene was heavily cut and they slapped a cheesy song over the dialogue in the final cut.

Also goddamn Joaquin Phoenix is a fucking god-tier VA, shame this was the only cartoon he ever did.
>>
>>82028925
You see Pudge during the opening credits of the film
>>
File: 1457993900955.jpg (16 KB, 600x549) Image search: [Google]
1457993900955.jpg
16 KB, 600x549
>>82030101

>Koda... I did something very wrong
>I... I killed a bear
>I-I don't like this story
>Koda your mother's not coming

Fuck.
>>
Are there any deleted scenes with more of Nani's fine ass?
>>
File: 1457756229338.jpg (14 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
1457756229338.jpg
14 KB, 599x337
>>82030101

>having to break the news to a kid who's been treating you like a brother the last few weeks that waiting for his mom was pointless since she was dead and you were the one who fucking killed her
>>
>>82028837
Woody from Toy Story was originally suppose to be different. Different in that he was a giant jerk that actually threw Buzz out the window and mistreated the other toys. Look up Toy Story Black Friday Reel
>>
>>82030252

goddamn it Tom Hanks
>>
>>82028837
I like both. Some stuff are better in the deleted version and some things are better in the final version.
Thanks for sharing.
>>
Mozenrath from the Aladdin tv series was suppose to be Aladdin's brother and play be the villain in The King of Thieves movie but that idea was scrapped.
>>
>>82030389

Sometimes I forget about all the TV series Disney's put out.

I watch a few and I remember why they were forgotten. Most are worse-tier than the horrible direct-to-VHS/DVD garbage the studio spewed out.
>>
>>82030014
that's what I was about to say, it sounds kinda shitty, I'm glad the final result was different
>>
Elsa from Frozen was suppose to be the villain
>>
Zira was supposed to kill herself in Lion King II, but last minute they butchered the scene so she just awkwardly and abruptly let go of the rock and died. When they show her falling into the water, she's still smiling like she was in the original scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoctlRyGdf8
>>
>>82030597
brutal. reminds me of the Little Mermaid deleted scene where Eric impales Ursula by chucking the trident at her.
>>
>>82030071
I recall reading that the whole reason they revamped the movie was due to a lot of bad organization, poor communication, disagreements etc that bogged down production for the original "Kingdom of the Sun" plan. So even if they stuck with the original vision, it probably would've been a pretty disjointed feature to boot.
>>
>>82028837
That cutesy, off-model Jumba always bothered the fuck out of me and took me out of the movie briefly.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld8L4yrlvV0

also the scene where helen growing suspicious about bobs rejuvination supposed to be extended and trippy, full of hot women carrying mr incredible around and she--much homlier and more middle-aged-- suffocates in laundry
>>
>>82030101
That pacing and the tone of the voice sounded fucking weird.

>"i killed a bear" quickly
>"i don't like this story"
>"KODA YOUR MOMS NOT COMING"
>>
>>82030101
>they slapped a cheesy song over the dialogue in the final cut
it's just not fucking right

I don't see the point, it couldn't have been for run time, it was only 5 seconds more, was it too dark for them? fucking doubtful
>>
>>82030252
>goodwill
Yep, I remember searching hard when I was younger for all the deleted shit pertaining to the scrapped version because it was fucking hilarious. Surprised it went from adult movie to a kid movie.
>>
>>82031141
>saying "thank god"
it's a shame they stopped doing this, I mean mentioning lord/god at all in kid's movies. I honestly don't mind it all too much but then they do weird variations or something stretched so they don't say it.
>>
>>82031458
Ratatoullie said "Welcome to Hell".
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs had the Mayor saying, "I want to get out of this hellhole town."

It's not too far fetched that these movies can have slightly more vulgar language.
>>
>>82031458
Zootopia had Snooki say "Oh my god!".
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl8gDjaHWWA&list=PLsgtEqhVfmVedOcD9iBabBfJgVtjQCwXy

Would have actually showed that Scar is a bad ruler and not just fucked over by an untimely drought.
>>
>>82028837
>Used to be a lot more brutal and visceral than what we got in the movie. One of the weak points of the final movie is when they dumbed down this scene to retard levels, adding cringe-worthy toddler-tier gags. It was supposed to be a critical scene wherein Jumba becomes a desperate ex-creator with nothing left to lose.

Christ dude, it's not THAT bad. Sure, I prefer the original one two but shit like this happens behind the scenes. Besides, I don't think the final product of the scene is bad. It's good levity.
>>
>>82030646
Funnily enough, that scene is actually in Kingdom Hearts 2. It's pretty cool.
>>
>>82030101
>Koda runs away and climbs a tree
>because that's what his mom taught him to do when he's in danger
>it makes him feel safer
>Kenai can't follow him because he wasn't raised as a bear; his alien nature is in full force
Fuck I forgot how hard this scene was. Making it a full confession instead of slapping on a song makes it so much more painful.
>>
>>82031141
Wow, this is pretty cringe worthy. So preachy.
>>
>>82031141
I want to hug Helen
>>
File: 1379520556544.png (652 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1379520556544.png
652 KB, 700x700
>distinctly remember hearing an extended, audio only clip of Robin Williams improvising the salesman intro scene in Aladdin a few years back
>mfw I can't fucking find it anymore
For those who don't know, the thrifty sales guy at the beginning is completely improvised by Robin Williams. He was given a table on a sound stage with various knick knacks and trinkets and basically had to "sell" them, the kid friendly material was used for the movie.
The full clip is an audio recording of him fumbling around with these things, swearing and breaking something at one point which was trimmed for obvious reasons.

I heard it fucking years ago, but I can't find it and Google isn't helping. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
>>
>>82037394
I've read that story before but I've never heard the clip. If anyone reading this happens to have it, please share.
>>
>>82037719
Here are some other unused Robin Williams takes that Disney included on the recent bluray release of Aladdin though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaX3r3_NP7s
>>
>>82037394
I think it's on one of the DVD's during a documentary. I remember seeing it a few years ago.
>>
>>82028837
You forgot this, anon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqh-kEPYr5s

>>82029766
>>In addition to the other Lilo and Stitch stuff OP posted, there was also a different version of the sequence with Stitch chasing Gantu's ship that involved Stitch hijacking an airplane and flying it through a city. They ended up having to redo the entire sequence at the last minute because of 9/11. This is the reason why Jumba's ship was so fuckhuge compared to Gantu's.
Eeyup. What really bothers me is that at the end of the movie, Jumba and Pleakley are supposed to be stuck on Earth. That doesn't make any sense if they just have a fucking spaceship lying around.

I really want there to be a Director's Cut of Lilo and Stitch someday, with the original house invasion scene, the original climax with the airplane, and maybe, if Chris Sanders thinks they can be worked into the script the beach and Pudge scenes. The house invasion and the climax definitely need to be restored, though.
>>
>>82029766
>Hakuna Matata was also originally going to be a song called the Warthog Rhapsody that focused more on Timon and Pumbaa's lazy lifestyle. A rewritten version of the song was later used in The Lion King 1 1/2 as That's All I Need.
That song had a lot of different versions. This one was far more interesting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc0UCvfe0YE
>>
>>82037956
>What really bothers me is that at the end of the movie, Jumba and Pleakley are supposed to be stuck on Earth. That doesn't make any sense if they just have a fucking spaceship lying around.
Maybe they deliberately chose to stick around so they could be a part of Lilo's family and keep an eye on Stitch? That would make sense to me anyway.
>>
>>82037764
>I would've done mouth to mouth, but I don't find you that attractive
No reaction image will suffice. This is absolute comedy gold. I can see why Disney went with the curtains line, though. It's much more subtle, and therefore less offensive to soccer moms.
>>
>>82030169
God I wish !
>>
>>82038052
They wrote two verses, one for Timon and one for Pumbaa. Timon's verse drove home the real theme of Hakuna Matata, which is running away from your responsibilities. Pumbaa's verse was just a big fart joke. And when they needed to cut one for time, they chose to cut Timon's verse and keep Pumbaa's verse. It makes no fucking sense to me.
>>
>>82038233
The bit with Genie thinking Jafar is Aladdin wearing a mask got me pretty good. I can totally understand why they didn't use it since it would've killed the tone of that scene but still.

And I'm positive that's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to unused Robin Williams takes.
>>
>>82037764
>that Mr. Rogers impression
>>
>>82030597
>Zira was supposed to kill herself in Lion King II

Wait what

Why even
>>
>>82038693
Of her three children, one of them died and the other two turned away from her, with Kovu being her one obsession failing her completely. Her pride also left her behind. She had nothing left but her own hatred, and Kiara was reaching for her to pull her up, so it wasn't even like Zira could look at her as an opponent, either.

Basically her whole reason to live, which was hating Simba and plotting her revenge, was gone. She tried and failed and was left entirely alone. She didn't set herself up to fall from the cliff, but letting herself die makes perfect sense in that moment, especially since she'd probably think of it as not letting Kiara/Simba/the pridelanders have a chance to save her.
>>
>>82039042
This would have turned that 9/10 movie in a perfect 10/10
>>
>>82028837
>Stitch unintentionally causes the death of Lilo's beloved fishfriend. Stitch, being a naive alien with no knowledge of the concepts of love and affection, sits by thinking it's all in good fun. Lilo is fucking devastated. Lilo ends up burying Pudge near the grave of her parents, and Stitch has an emotional breakdown when he finally realizes what he did.

>"Pudge was part of the family. You don't let part of your family die"
>graves
>Lilo burying family again
>Stitch's realization

That shit's really sad and dark.
>>
>>82030597
They toned it down, but even as a kid I understood that she was choosing to die rather than take help from Nala. Swatting the paw away delivered that message, even without her parting words.
>>
>>82028837
>tourists, prepare to die
Lilo is still one of the best cartoon kids
>>
>>82031141

That's fucking hilarious
>>
>>82031409

I thought it sounded perfect desu senpai.

It wasn't overly dramatic and overblown like you'd think. Phoenix honestly sounds like somebody who's really struggling to break the truth to a kid but has no idea how to do it.
>>
>>82030014
>The Emperor's New Groove.
>All of it.
Read the wiki entry for this, and damn you can actually feel the pain the creator felt for the change.
>>
>>82028837
This makes me want to watch Lilo and Stitch again. I remember it being GOAT but I watched it so long ago I don't remember most of it
>>
>>82028837
>"TOURISTS, PREPARE TO DIE!"

Simply amazing.
>>
>>82028837
>Pudge's death scene
>>
>>82039584
>tram pararamamara
>>
>>82031141
Oh shit, I watched this scene on the DVD years ago. It had a bunch of fun stuff on it.

Another scene that was cut out was Violet using her invisibility for the first time.
>>
File: 1444411122952.jpg (960 KB, 1824x1080) Image search: [Google]
1444411122952.jpg
960 KB, 1824x1080
>>
File: 1444541454266.jpg (635 KB, 1824x1080) Image search: [Google]
1444541454266.jpg
635 KB, 1824x1080
>>
Robin Hood was suppose to end with Robin injured in bed after escaping the burning tower with King John about to kill him (until his brother shows up).
>>
>>82041993
>>82042106
Any more?
>>
File: 1444433096007.jpg (366 KB, 1550x1072) Image search: [Google]
1444433096007.jpg
366 KB, 1550x1072
>>82042805
>>
File: perfect.png (194 KB, 815x527) Image search: [Google]
perfect.png
194 KB, 815x527
>>82042106
>>82041993
>>
>>82042826
Work of god.
>>
>>82039231
They probably changed it because it made Stitch too unsympathetic.
>>
>>82043229
He was an unsympathetic character in the beginning though.
>>
File: 1444637442275.jpg (4 MB, 4728x1972) Image search: [Google]
1444637442275.jpg
4 MB, 4728x1972
>>82043042

These threads were fun.
>>
>>82043440
Who makes these?
>>
File: ppEtO1f.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
ppEtO1f.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>82037764
Holy shit I love them all,
>That fucking mask bit
>Turn both cheeks and run!
>>
this was cut from the original Aladdin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9xyBXc53vc
>>
File: 1444426378551.jpg (3 MB, 3695x3321) Image search: [Google]
1444426378551.jpg
3 MB, 3695x3321
>>82043464

Random schlubs on /co/

There were a bunch of threads a while back where people were making these.
>>
>>82043943
>ungabunga
My sides
>>
>>82038568
Surely, if there was more gold, they would've put it in the bonus feature, right? They're not holding out on us, right?!
>>
>>82045082
I think they held it back at first because they didn't want to tick off robin williams any more

iirc they gave the whole thing to his family, so they have control over what happens with it
>>
>>82030014
Only loss that sucked was Yzma's song. I mean c'mon it's Eartha Kitt singing.
>>
>>82043323
He was a bad guy, but we could still root for him. If he killed Pudge the audience wouldn't accept his redemption.
>>
>>82034621
I think you mean "OH MAI GHAWD!"
>>
>>82047009
Probably why they changed the fight, as well. Make's Jumba more threatening and less sympathetic. Also, Stitch blows up her house.
>>
>>82042565
Source? You've made me curious.
>>
>>82045082
Gotta save some for future rereleases of the movie.

Plus a lot of it wasn't kid friendly which Disney wouldn't want to put out.

>>82046970
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1pYGvplG5Q
One of the best songs to never be in a movie. At least they had the heart to include it on the soundtrack.

>>82047549
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULpcSWqC3TA
>>
>>82030571
That would've stood in the way of the moichandising.
>>
>>82028837
something tells me that if that last scene had stayed in, the whole "Lilo has a fat fetish" meme wouldn't have emerged, or at least wouldn't have as much staying power
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.