[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will ANAD or Rebirth ultimately end up with the better books?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: marvelvsdc.jpg (305 KB, 800x1041) Image search: [Google]
marvelvsdc.jpg
305 KB, 800x1041
Will ANAD or Rebirth ultimately end up with the better books?
>>
Idk yet. Ask me again in September.
>>
Rebirth. ANAD literally has Ultimates, New Avengers, and the jury is still out on Black Panther. The rest is honestly shit. King Batman, Seely Nightwing, Rucka Wondy, Gleason Supes, PRIEST Deathstroke etc etc already put it a league above ANAD
>>
>>82023887
I'll wait till December to find out.
>>
>>82023887
Literally who cares?
>>
>King on Batman
>Seeley on Nightwing
>Rucka on Wonder Woman
Anon, it was never a contest
>>
>>82023887
Well ANAD already kind of sucks, but we haven't experienced Rebirth at all
>>
>>82023972
>Fucking Priest on Deathstroke
>>
>>82023887

Rebirth will start with only 32 or so individual books. ANAD had 70 or so. I think the ratio of good to bad will be in DC's favor.
>>
>>82023942
ANAD has Vision too, but other than that you're right.
>>
>>82023942
King's Vision is good for now.
>>
>>82023998
>ANAD had 70
considering I'm only reading five I just can't fathom that
>>
>>82024036
Well at least 10-15 of them are gone by July so that helps
>>
>>82023887

I say this with no company loyalty but Rebirth would have to be an absolute fuck up not to have better books. ANAD was a disaster for quality
>>
ANAD is shit outside of Ultimates and New Avengers (which I've dropped for being dragged into an event). Vision is already donezo with King at DC.

Rebirth is going to have fucking inconsistent art, which is the absolutely most important part of a comic, with all the double-shipping.

Big 2 is practically dead to me. Good riddance.
>>
>>82023998

>ANAD had 70

They did that so they could develop an artificial relaunch cycle where 6 books a month at least are cancelled and replaced. Quality was never a factor with ANAD but when they did see a book with outstanding quality they tried to push it as hard as they could.
>>
>>82023968
You
>>
>>82023887
It will be another DCYou fiasco where DC puts out some great books but no one gives a shit because they suck at marketing, while Marvel puts out trash and will get praised for it simply do to name recognition and several bloggers shilling the shit out of it.
>>
>>82024423
I don't see how Rebirth is comparable to DCYou. DCYou was a small line of books debuting while more established books with more prominent characters were running. Rebirth is a company line launch with all the A-list characters and is the focus of the company from here out.
>>
>>82024423

It's not comparable at all. There's no way the double shipping books do as badly as the DCYou titles. It may not be a smash success but it will put DC in a better place. The Batman title alone will do 200,000 a month and All Star Batman will also be a big success since normies love Scott Snyder
>>
>>82024350
>Rebirth is going to have fucking inconsistent art, which is the absolutely most important part of a comic, with all the double-shipping.
Wonder Woman has this solved, brother. Double-shipping is set up so there are two storylines that both have a separate artist.

This way, they only have one issue a month on either artist, and both arcs are self-consistent.
>>
>>82024713

Wonder how they will do the trades for this
>>
>>82024584
Please don't remind me of All Star. All of that amazing fucking art wasted on that Snyder writing.
>>
>>82024813
Since both stories will probably end at the same time, they can put out two complete odd and even trades at the same schedule as if it were a monthly. Which isn't too bad, RIP wallets tho.
>>
>>82023996
God damn I keep expecting it to fall through or something
>>
>>82024910
Shut your whore mouth. That can't happen. It just fucking can't. They botch this and Deathstroke isn't going to have another chance to be good for fifteen years.
>>
>>82023887
ANAD no

Rebirth maybe
>>
>>82024865

Eh, Snyder it's good when he's working on villains that are not named Jack Napier.
>>
>>82023887
Sounds like rebirth wins going off this thread alone,if /co/ actually bought comics, DC would be in a better place.
>>
>>82023887
Better books in what sense?

Lets face it, there are very few that are truly good books in Marvel, but there are also some confy books that are not great but entertaining like the Inhumans and Ms.Marvel.

Rebirth will give DC a new set of great books, someone that was lacking in DCYou.

While Marvel for me just got with ANAD the same stuff, there are some upgrades of course: Inhumans, Daredevil, OM Logan, Wolverine are better books that they were.
>>
>>82024910

He's probably just happy someone offered him a character who wasn't black.
>>
>>82025359

>Daredevil

I was actually shocked to learn that people consider DD one of the better books. It wasn't awful but it was really bland. Then it went pantsonhead retarded with those guns that had 10 triggers but only one barrel
>>
>>82025437
Not one of the better books, it is simple not a bad book.

Is a 6.5/10 book.
>>
>>82025437
The art is blinding people's view of the shit writing
>>
>>82023887
>DCfags
'Rebirth'
>Marvelfags
'ANAD'
>typical /co/ user who hates everything
'they suck. Everything sucks'

What's the point of asking this. The state of comic books as well as that of its readers are such that at best you'll get 'eh theres some stuff that isn't complete garbage'.

Ask this question again in ten years when people will be over there shit and be able to be a little more honest about what they actually think was okay.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.