[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
unsounded
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4
File: dindu nuffin.jpg (281 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
dindu nuffin.jpg
281 KB, 600x900
Why is Quigley no fun? Is it because his wife cheated on him?
>>
"Oh dear, my eyeball seems to have fallen out."
>>
>>82022358
Well, I can imagine that would make one cranky.
>>
Has there been a page in this comic where Duane's done something cool or intimidating without subsequently embarrassing himself? I can't think of any.
>>
>>82022758
It's like the Khert itself demands that there be balance.
>>
What's with all the Aldish?
>>
>>82022358
It doesn't look like his eyeball just fell out. Seems more like somebody's manipulating it in order to lead him toward them.
>>
>>82022358
I'm curious as to what spell Quigley was going to use in the first panel.
>>
>>82023359
look at the action lines in panel 7, he accidentally kicked it
>>
>>82023359
Well the eyes should be made out of first materials which would prevent someone from casting on them directly which would mean someone would have to be casting on what? Duane's head? I believe wrights, at least good ones, can feel the Khert through their ports to a degree and would likely be able to tell if a nudge was pymarically created. So I would guess Duane could tell if he was being cast upon.
>>
File: ulestrian qts.jpg (90 KB, 457x228) Image search: [Google]
ulestrian qts.jpg
90 KB, 457x228
>>82023284
Seriously. Where'd all the cute Ulestrian hicks go?
>>
>>82025818
They're back in Ulestry. We Cresce now.
>>
Will these two ever get along
>>
>>82026218
I'm beginning to understand why Duane didn't want to go back to Cresce.
>>
>>82026259
>helicopter dads
>getting along

Topkelol
>>
>>82022358
>Is it because his wife cheated on him?

...wut?!

She seemed like she was pretty into him, when did this happen?
>>
>>82026652

That'a just anon seeing things that aren't there because mrs. Quigley employed a couple of male forge workers.
>>
File: ch11_28.jpg (282 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
ch11_28.jpg
282 KB, 600x900
I like how Matty sees Duane.
>>
>>82026798
It's pretty clear the one Forge worker would have pounded her like she was the anvil if he'd let her, but her story makes it clear that wasn't happening Also she probably scared him off when she exploded that guy's head in front of his face.
>>
Imagine if Vienne had survived instead of Quigley...
>>
>>82022358
Okay what kind of construct can work advanced pymary? Is that a thing they can do? Because you'd think the first question would "how is this plod casting spells? Plods can't cast spells!" otherwise. I'm sure some advanced personality with some first material spellwork built in could do some rudimentary stuff, but the advanced shit that Duane is pulling off? Seems like the sort of stuff you'd need a soul for.
>>
>>82024408
Also Quigley would probably feel it. And both should have seen it coming.
>>
>>82026798
I'll admit I just assumed that she did. I never got around to reading the short story Ashley wrote about her. Also, she could still be super into Quigley and not see sleeping around while he's away as rejecting him, even if she knew it would hurt him if he found out. She could've assumed that Quigley was doing the same to her when his excursions permitted, as she clearly saw her husband as attractive enough to get some tail on the road. Given all her talk about living without rules being the only way to live without fear, I wouldn't surprise me if she was also sexually liberated, in that sense.
>>
>>82027215
I don't think she would've made it out of Alderode. Quigs only got out because the Black Tongues wanted him to join them, and there's no girls allowed in that treehouse.
>>
File: 1425460518682.jpg (406 KB, 1332x798) Image search: [Google]
1425460518682.jpg
406 KB, 1332x798
>re-reading from the start just because
>make it to chapter 7
>have to quit because the flashback to Duane's family is causing me significant pain
I can't bear watching this adorable Aryan family get taken to pieces by the plot again.
>>
>>82027895
yeah but instead of being a suicidal spellcaster she'd be a pissed off Mama bear with a spell-proof mecha. Unlike Quiqs, she could fix and improve it (probably add all those weapons she wasn't going to add on) . I think she might make it. or at least go out with a higher body count.
>>
Has sette gone to bathroom? Does she have anus?
>>
>>82027995
A spell-proof mecha and zero practical combat experience. Vienne was a genius, but a strong idealist and not one to be prepared to handle the unforeseen consequences of her actions. Whatever revenge plan she assembled would be shot down by the same people who handle the job of killing dissidents while their husbands are off on assignment.

Meanwhile Quigley's mistake was going into a suicide mission with a successful career of hunting people down in hostile environments under his belt.
>>
I can't wait for Quigley to die. What a shit.
>>
>>82027995
Oh, I don't doubt that she'd be a better parent/overall character than Quigs. If we're comparing Vienne vs. Quigley on their own, Vienne is definitely the bigger badass. She definitely would've had a bigger bodycount during the post-spousal-death rampage, but Quigs was the one who actually had connections to leave the country. Vienne would've just destroyed everything until the government sent an army down to take out her and her construct.

Which, again, would be badass. But it doesn't make for a very long story, certainly not long enough for her to meet up with Duane like Quigs is now. In fact, Vienne's such an overall better person that she probably never would have touched this plotline-- there's no way in hell she'd abide child slavers, let alone Starfish.
>>
>>82022358
These updates are going to be the BEST. I need my aldishmen to talk all this out and be begrudgingly respectful to each other (or, maybe [unlikely] friends!).
>>
>>82022358
Where're all the niggers?
>>
>>82027179
When did the spoiler happen?
>>
>>82026907
Interesting how Boo appears there actually - solid whitespace.
>>
>>82030249
You're heart's just not in it any more, is it?. This makes sad.
>>
>>82030537
Yeah, same with Duane's eyes. I wonder if it's because of the pymary, or if it's some first material in them.
>>
>>82030612
Ashley confirmed on her tumblr that it's because they're First Materials, so are basically empty space to Matty's vision.
>>
>>82030643
Neat. It's those little world building elements like that that really make this comic great.
>>
>>82028100
I'm pretty sure she poos and pees
>>
>>82031015
But no nippled?
>>
>>82024408
The lens is made out of first material, doesn't mean the whole eyeball is.
>>
>>82032741
Nipples are a mamalian feature there are plenty of creatures that go to the bathroom just fine without them.
>>
>>82033745
Are you saying she's a lizard?
>>
>>82033766
can you prove that she isn't?
>>
>>82034366
Does she bask in the sun?
>>
>>82027994
Don't Stop! Never Stop!
>>
>>82032741
>>82031015
>>82033745
>>82033766
Cloaca confirmed.
>>
>>82033573
Oh is that the case? I thought the whole eyeball itself was of first material construction.
>>
>>82037724
I don't remember it being specified.
>>
>>82039788
First Glass with some sort of gem as the lens, I thought.
>>
>>82039788
>>82039863
Thought it had to be some of the better First Materials because the size is small and the "code" is quite large so it's data density has to be pretty high up there.

I recall First Silver was one of the better ones for data density with First Glass being on the lower end. Don't think it was made of First Silver but I thought it was made of something pretty good.
>>
>>82040057
Is that how enchanting works? When did they mention data density?
Also do pyramics have to contain first materials?
>>
>>82040057
Just bothered to look it up.

>The eyes themselves aren’t mechanically functional though, and just serve as the necessary glass container for the gems that hold all the complicated pymary formulae that drives the vision
>>
>>82040292
Link?
>>
>>82040400

http://unsoundedcomic.tumblr.com/post/113800144550/do-pymaric-eye-pupils-appear-to-dilatecontract
>>
>>82030537
It's nice how Boo's tail reaches up into the sky. Like the critter is more than it appears.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.