[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just saw this for the first time. It was pretty good. Why did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Tangled_poster.jpg (74 KB, 300x445) Image search: [Google]
Tangled_poster.jpg
74 KB, 300x445
Just saw this for the first time. It was pretty good. Why did Frozen get more popular than it?
>>
>>82019894
Marketing really, Frozen was pushed super hard by Disney at the time and had a big song that was popular enough to be on the radio. Elsa had a pretty fun dress and the story involving magic was probably a big draw too.

All in all Tangled is a much better movie.
>>
>>82019894
>Let it go
>>
>>82019926
>Marketing really
That didn't happen until after it started blowing up. Disney fully expected Frozen to be a flop leading up to its release.

>sympathetic villain
>justified young adult rebellion
>waifu-tier character designs
It's a recipe for tweenage boners.
>>
>>82019894
Solely on the strength of a single song. /co/ went nuts over Frozen just for the waifus however.
>>
Frozen had Jar Jar Snowman, plebs can't find the horse as funny because it couldn't come up with retarded one-liners.
>>
>>82019894
Frozen looked better and sounded better.

I'd also wager it would taste better. And smell better.

Tangled looks like it smells like hot sand on a good day. Frozen has the smells of a thousand wonderful princesses.

I like the horse though, tired of these horse haters
>>
>>82023234
>looked better
I mean, in the sense that it had a few years of tech on its side, yeah, but I think Tangled had better art direction. Rapunzel's hair is gorgeous. Sounded? Frozen's soundtrack is spastic and all over the place, but popular audiences gravitated around Let It Go. Tangled's songs at least sound like they all belong to the same movie, even if none of the songs quite hit that pop note that Let It Go did.
>>
>>82023289
Tangled was way better written too.
>>
I'm still not sure whether the 'Evil' stepmother is actually evil or not.
>>
>>82019894
I think part of it is the sibling thing IMO. Kids relate to it more than romance. If it came out when my sister and I were kids we would've gone crazy over it.
>>
File: FrozenCosplay6.jpg (288 KB, 677x488) Image search: [Google]
FrozenCosplay6.jpg
288 KB, 677x488
>>82019894

better dresses
>>
>>82019894
Little girls (the target audience) liked it better. You are not the little girl OP.
>>
>>82021302
>Disney fully expected Frozen to be a flop leading up to its release.
Disney never expects anything to flop. They are literally the most best company in the business at turning anything into a golden egg.
>>
>>82019894

having more than two sympathetic main female characters

or i mean, the only other three out of literally the entire history of disney feature films that i can think of are 1. brave, 2. princess and the frog, and 3. 101 dalmations. and brave and patf were absolute dogshit and dalmations is a movie about dogs

so, being better than absolute dogshit, and having more than two sympathetic female main characters

oh, and no evil female characters, and instead the asshole was a shitty asshole guy, girls probably dig that.
>>
>>82019894
I think partially it came out at a more opportune time. The people who were most into social media also tended to be people who grew up during the Disney renaissance and were just getting to be old enough to suddenly be comfortable with watching children's cartoon again.
>>
>>82023234
>Frozen looked better
Like okay it has snow physics but it has that direct to video look despite all the rendering power.
>>
>>82019894
Frozen had TWO girls for little girls to choose from and it was easier to cosplay. They can pick the one that fit their personality best. When I was at Disney World everyone had dressed up in the costume. & the stupid song
>>
>>82021302
They didn't expect a flop. They expected $200 mil to $250 mil domestic and $600mil to $700mil worldwide. They weren't expecting it to blow up like it did.

On the other hand, Disney released Tangled fully expecting a loss on the film due to it's massive $250 mil budget. They basically released it to try to recoup some of the budget, but it ended up turning a decent profit at the box office.

In terms of overall quality, Tangled >>>> Frozen. In fact, out of all the 2010s Disney movies, I'd rank Frozen second to last in quality, with only BH6 below it.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.