[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if they didn't call "Spider-Man: Homecoming"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: NEdceM1iojwcfl_1_1.jpg (598 KB, 1400x685) Image search: [Google]
NEdceM1iojwcfl_1_1.jpg
598 KB, 1400x685
What if they didn't call "Spider-Man: Homecoming" "Spectacular Spider-Man" because this is the continuation and finale of Spectacular?
>>
Eh, its not by Weissman. Lord and Miller are great writers but I'd want Weissman to write it himself
>>
>>82018373
They should have called it "Superior Spider-Man" to really give the finger to Sony.
>>
>>82018373
The show still had three seasons to go. No way to conclude that with a single movie.
>>
>>82019601
>we will never find out if Captain Stacy knew
>we will never see Harry's descent into madness
>we will never see Peter finally get with Gwen just so she could die
Hold me senpaitachi.
>>
>>82018908
>give the finger to Sony.
Why would they give themselves the finger?
>>
File: spectacular carnage.jpg (7 KB, 135x134) Image search: [Google]
spectacular carnage.jpg
7 KB, 135x134
>>82019681
>We'll never see Prowler, Sin Eater, Carnage, Hobgoblin, Hydro Man, Scorpion, Morbius, Star Wolf, Jackal, Crime Master, Mister Negative, or any of the other villains they had in the pipeline
>We'll never see how Black Cat and Spidey's relationship turned out after he kept her dad in prison
>We'll never see Pete eventually marry MJ
>We'll never see the Spring Break movie where they go to Florida and Lizard returns
>We'll never see Pete's college years
>We'll never see the Clone Saga
>We'll never see The Night Gwen Stacy Died
>We'll never see Norman's return
>We'll never see Pete and Flash's boxing match
>We'll never see Venom maybe go Lethal Defender once Carnage is introduced
>We'll never get those potential crossovers with Fantastic 4, X-Men, or Avengers
>We'll never see the Death of Jean DeWolff
>We'll never see Ben Reilly
>We'll never find out who Hammerhead's chauffeur really was
>We'll never find out Emily Osborn's significance to the story
>We'll never see Pete invent the web-shooters (which was apparently going to be part of a MAJOR storyline) or use Spider-Tracers
>We'll never learn about Pete's parents
>We'll never see the Spider-Mobile episode
>We'll never get the Musical episode Weisman wanted to make

The show was literally too good for this world.
I just pray it'll eventually be for Spider-Man what Batman TAS became for Batman, in that it becomes the definitive adaptation of the comics that inspires everything else to come from movies to video games.

Weisman and the cast are all down for a revival, all we can do is pray and buy the Blu Ray boxset.
>>
File: 1460645693345.jpg (56 KB, 496x393) Image search: [Google]
1460645693345.jpg
56 KB, 496x393
>>82020551
>tfw Marvel prefers making kiddy shit cartoons now so we'll probably never see a new Spectacular Spidey
>>
>>82020722
I feel like our time might come after Infinity War.
Look at it this way:
>Marvel TV Cartoons appeal to LITTLE little kids
>MCU stuff appeals to everyone from kids to college students to adults

They've got all the markets they need right now, they just have to keep doing what they're doing.
After Infinity War, things are gonna be different.
There isn't gonna be an overarching Thanos/Gem plot to pop up at the end of every movie. RDJ isn't gonna be the ONLY quippy, instantly-recognizable hero they've got in the movies.

If the Civil War reviews are anything to go by, we've got a good Spidey.
Marvel's finally got their golden boy back, they're gonna groom him to be the new face of the entire shebang once the yearly lineup is more Inhumans and Captain Marvel than it is Iron Man and Thor.

After Infinity War, Marvel is gonna need to do two things to stay as cozy as it is right now; think outside the box and push Spider-Man like it's the fucking 90's.

Call me stupidly optimistic, but I feel like if there's ever gonna be an ideal time for a revival, it's just around the bend.
>>
>>82020551
Don't forget
>we will never see Prowler, Sandman, Black Cat, and others start their own Redemption Squad
>>
>>82018434
> wanting a hack to hack up another Spider-Hack
no thanks
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.