[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 37
File: wake me up inside.jpg (140 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wake me up inside.jpg
140 KB, 1920x1080
>be me 3 years ago
>bee and puppycat pilot appears
>"holy shit this is my aesthetic"
>bee and puppycat launches a kickstarter
>decides to help fund the glorious pastel aesthetic anime cartoon into a reality
>donates $25
>time passes and the kickstarter becomes successful
>hell yeah
>episode 1 is established and released
>oh god why are they all so fat.jpeg
>"i'm sure i'll get used to the designs"
>3 later episodes are produced
>episode 4 was made in 2014
>mfw my fucking subscriptions box has been filled with shitty "107 facts" and "cartoon conspiracies" this entire time
>mfw there hasn't been new content in 2 years
>mfw i will never get those $25 back
>>
>>82007056
Hah, fag.
>>
I really liked Bee's original design, she was cute. Now she's just like an obese autistic child. I really wish somebody would take over the show.
>>
You type like an autistic teenager whose only prior exposure to 4chan is through ebin screencaps that circulate on facebook.

But to stay on topic, that's what comes with backing a Kickstarter. Most projects fail. Consider yourself lucky that you're not one of those fools who coughs up $200 or more just to see it go down the drain.
>>
>>82007715
It's sort of amazing the difference the design made. One is like a semi-functional adult with kind of socially awkward/manchild tendencies and the other's just a fat possible retard. Having two different socks in the redesign really doesn't help.

I actually wasn't blown away by the pilot and so the character seeming different may be due as much to a change in writing/vision as anything. But the redesign really is awful.
>>
>>82007056
I didn't get to donate but I wanted to. I too feel betrayed.
At least i got a poster and a magnet from conventions with the original designs.
>>
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 90x103) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 90x103
>>82007962
>tfw donated 30 to the psychonauts 2 Kickstarter
I'm only a little worried
>>
So why the hell hasn't Natasha done anything with it yet?
>>
>>82008142
>Having two different socks in the redesign really doesn't help.
I almost always wear mismatched socks. They just get lost way too often and I've grown to not give a shit since they're almost always covered by my pants or boots.
>>
You guys seem to think this is all Natasha's fault when they were forced to redesign the character to simplify animation costs (Since they still outsource them to Korea and they gave them too high of a price for the pilot's detailed designs), YouTube changed how their videos make money which means a single episode of B&P gets them no revenue, now it NEEDS to be "parts one and two" just to meet the 10 minute mark (= more delays), and they ran out of money since $900k for a professionally produced cartoon going through the same pipeline as a Nickelodeon show is literally chump change. An episode of Invader ZIM cost $900k, for comparison.
>>
>>82010185
>redesign the character to simplify animation costs
This doesn't mean the new design has to be shit anon
>>
Why do you post this thread every day?
>>
>>82010185
I didn't particularly mind the visual redesign. I didn't like it either, but it was good enough I could deal with it.

My issue with the rework was that she spontaneously gained a sub-30 IQ. She went from mildly autistic to full blown window licker.
>>
File: where did everything go so wrong.jpg (409 KB, 1600x3583) Image search: [Google]
where did everything go so wrong.jpg
409 KB, 1600x3583
protip: don't give money to autismos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf1S-NEUseg
>>
>>82007056
>be me
just the whole of it, the way you type is very painful to read

I actually liked the pilot and was looking forward to the series but the moment I saw the redesigns and all the beta cucks on the staff, I knew it was going to be shit.
>>
>>82009578
>It's called "double fine" because you have to pay twice
>>
File: 1422413918309.jpg (381 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1422413918309.jpg
381 KB, 1680x1050
>the only Kickstarter I've ever backed was Yooka-Laylee
>mfw so far it's looking fucking great
>>
>>82010185
>now it NEEDS to be "parts one and two" just to meet the 10 minute mark (= more delays), and they ran out of money since $900k for a professionally produced cartoon going through the same pipeline as a Nickelodeon show is literally chump change. An episode of Invader ZIM cost $900k, for comparison.
>Implying that price is not bloated
>Implying that budget is properly used to animate shit and is not, ehem, "Misplaced"
>>
>>82007056
I just watched the episodes.

I like the look and the color. But damn, they made Bee a really annoying protagonist. I have never seen a main character so annoying that I immediately didn't want to root for her. The guy can do better.
>>
I'm still baffled why they think it's okay for her to act that way. Random shouts, random tones in talking, etc. These are supposed to be funny? Her being very incompetent is supposed to be funny? I think they went overboard. A lot of the things she does is very annoying, and this is a surprising feeling to me because usually I can tolerate shit like this in cartoons.
>>
>>82010185
if that's true, that has to be the most fucking stupid shit i ever heard

>You guys seem to think this is all Natasha's fault when they were forced to redesign the character to simplify animation costs (Since they still outsource them to Korea and they gave them too high of a price for the pilot's detailed designs)

well why don't instead outsource to another alternative? also i don't know where the original pilot was made but i'm pretty sure that if it was made "for free" the money can at least warrant more from where it came

another kickstarter that kicks the crap due to poor money management skills
>>
File: 1401207329696.gif (703 KB, 400x437) Image search: [Google]
1401207329696.gif
703 KB, 400x437
>tfw I've only ever backed Them's Fightin Herds and Shantae
>Seeing all this other shit slip through cracks
Almost fell for Red Ash because I am thirsty as fuck for something resembling Legends again.
>>
>>82010185
They should pitch the pilot to Netflix and pretend the rest never happened.
>>
File: 1344801760842.gif (2 MB, 391x237) Image search: [Google]
1344801760842.gif
2 MB, 391x237
>>82011259
>the only Kickstarter I've ever backed was Shenmue 3
>mfw so far every update is adding more ways to back them
>>
>>82013005
>also i don't know where the original pilot was made but i'm pretty sure that if it was made "for free" the money can at least warrant more from where it came

>He doesn't know what an investment is.
>>
File: sadpoole.png (373 KB, 675x1184) Image search: [Google]
sadpoole.png
373 KB, 675x1184
>>82007056
Fuck I know how you feel
I didn't donate to the kickstarter, but I saw the pilot episode and liked it, like, really liked it, the idea, the story, the characters
Then found out they made more, I was happy about that
Then I saw them and we all know the truth: it's trash.
Fuck it, just fuck it.
How does one fuck up so badly?
>>
>>82013741
>i didn't made a promise and delivered autism
yah, not bad at all i'd say
>>
File: madbot.jpg (14 KB, 277x370) Image search: [Google]
madbot.jpg
14 KB, 277x370
>>82010427
I'm so triggered right now.
>>
>>82007056
>he fell for the "crowdsourcing" meme
>>
File: frederatorstudios.gif (789 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
frederatorstudios.gif
789 KB, 320x180
They promised us.
>>
Why the fuck didn't they just....animate it themselves? Isn't that what they go to fucking school for rather than support what is essentially slave labour?
>>
>>82015463
Especially when toon boom/flash animation is pretty acceptable for a web series
They probably wanted to do it like big boys and girls without having the infrastructure
>>
>>82013141
>tfw I've only ever backed Them's Fightin Herds
my man

newe stream this friday
>>
>>82015463
They'd probably say
>but it's haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard
>>
File: 1407486672972.png (65 KB, 414x245) Image search: [Google]
1407486672972.png
65 KB, 414x245
>>82010427

Jesus man I feel sorry for those bastards that supported the Kickstarter

Kinda glad I didn't back this up
>>
>>82014299
Because they had a good idea for a pilot that was probably a LONG time in production, and then they suddenly get money dumped in their laps, and they realize they had no plans on how to continue.
>>
Didn't Nat quit her job on Adventure Time for this? I feel kinda bad for her.
>>
>>82007056

Please go away, teenage white girl.
>>
>>82016549
>they had no plans on how to continue.
I mean, I understand what you mean but really
They set up some stuff and NEVER delivered
The few shitty episodes we got didn't continue anything about Puppycat's past or foreshadowing for whatever that meant at the end of the first episode
In the Pilot, Bee is living like crap and clearly has issues she is not adressing, but then in the next episodes everything is okay even if she acts even more like a retard and tries to be 'comfy', but is just dumb
They literally only had to follow what they were doing on the pilot, but no, they fucked up on something that simple
>>
>>82009578
>tfw donated 30 to the psychonauts 2 Kickstarter

Knowing how much of a hack Tim is at this point you really only have yourself to blame.
>>
>>82007715
>Now she's just like an obese autistic child
Come now Anon, that's not true at all.
She looks like she's got Down's syndrome, not autism. Most autists look more normal.
>>
is bee and puppycat pretty much the norm for what "quirky" 18-20something teen girls like/for something targeted at them?

that's the vibe i got from the pilot. without getting into meme-insults, it did feel quite "tumblr" (as in actual tumblr user you might meet in real life, not the SJW stereotype.)
>>
>>82007056
>mfw i will never get those $25 back
kickstarter and patreon are in the first place donations! Not payment! When will people realize that?
Think about those 25$ as a lesson to not throw your money away to any person who just has a "good idea", if you look at it like this, then 25$ is a cheap price
>>
>>82010427
JESUS CHRIST. This hurts.
>>
>>82011259
Yooka-Laylee looks amazing. I'd say Hat In Time does too, but i doubt it will ever come out.
>>
>>82017771
let's be fair, they had a pilot, you can only assume these people can make it work right? they just have to keep doing the same shit, ideally...

now i also blame the fucking backers who just stood there passive, if i remember right /co/ was discussing the new designs just as they were shown, everybody knew they were fucking ugly designs they even joke about the length of Bee's crotch, those backs had the opportunity to demand what they were sold, i compare this as selling you icecream, giving you a small sample but after your payment give you a fucking glass of semen, cus i ran out of milk because it was just fucking expensive, you already know and did nothing about it
>>
I donated $100 to the homestuck kickstarter and I regret it daily.
>>
File: 1435183048401.gif (988 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1435183048401.gif
988 KB, 500x400
>tfw I only donated to the Into the Stars Kickstarter
>It was better than I expected it would be
>>
>>82007056
>>82009578
>>82019217

How fucking poor are you faggots where you can't splurge a hundred bucks or less here and there without having constant regret about it?

Yeah it might be upsetting at first but if you regret losing $100, I don't know how the fuck you've managed to afford electricity, internet, or the laptop/phone you're using.
>>
>>82009578
>Giving any money to that hack after everything he's done recently
For your sake I hope they at least even finish the game
>>
>>82019510
It's the constant regret that you could've put those dollars into something else you would enjoy using.

Imagine if you spent those $100 on a comfy seat instead, or a fun game, or a Kickstarter that went well in the end?

Opportunity Cost, motherfucker.
>>
>>82007056
>>"holy shit this is my aesthetic"
>>
>>82019510
Because $100 is still a good chunk of change to flush away
And you know, we want stuff that we like to actually be good because we care about it
>>
>>82019510
>think american dollars work the same as yens

you are a funny fellow
>>
>>82019087
>they had a pilot
true, and it showed that they at least did SOMETHING, but for someone to be taken really seriously they need to prove they can also be consistent, both in artwork and work ethic.

unless, as i mentioned earlier, you realize this is just a donation. I once pledged together 3$ to a patreon, and the comic i pledged to didn't deliver what i expected, so i stopped pledging towards it. I don't regret it, because, it's just a donation
>>
>>82019510
>I don't know how the fuck you've managed to afford electricity, internet, or the laptop/phone you're using.

If you spend almost every cent each month to pay your bills, you want to make sure that the little leftover you have can be spend for good use. Just because you can pay your bills doesn't mean you have just as much extra lying around in your house
>>
>>82019510
>everyone has as much disposable income as indisposable income
>>
>>82019510
Look at it this way.
Equivalent costs.

$25 is just about two movie tickets and a Wawa sandwich.

Looking at what we got of Bee and Puppycat beyond the awesome pilot, you better believe that if I was OP, I'd rather go see two movies and eat a half decent fast food hoagie than watch what was delivered to us.
>>
>>82019920
If you're just scraping by where you only have a hundred or so leftover each month for "luxury" spending, you shouldn't be throwing it away by supporting other people, you should be using it for yourself on stuff you know you will enjoy (A movie, a game that is already made, DVDs for a show you're a fan of) or saving it. Kickstarter is a gamble and Patreon is just paying for other people's rent, if you blow your money on that, you have no one to blame but yourself.
>>
>>82020071
i am with you on that, but my reply to you wasn't about whether patreon/kickstarter is a secure payment for enjoyment or not, but that 25$ or 100$ is a LOT of money, even if you can pay your rent
>>
>>82007715
Her new design was just so... soft.
She looked like a marshmallow in a dress.

In the original one, she looked like a shiftless 20 something who blows all her money on stupid shit while between jobs.

Then they just turned her into Quirky Female Protagonist #583 for whatever reason.

Goddamn, this is just one of the saddest Kickstarter stories I can think of.
>>
>>82020174
since her original model was discarded maybe we should adopt it and do something with it, just rename her as buzzard or some shit, as to never forget (also since her original design is kind of chubs it really captivated my eye)
>>
>>82010185
>900k
That can't possibly be right.
>>
>>82020559
it isn't.
>>
>>82020559
>>82020620
Google says he's right, and I believe him
animation(and video production in general) is fucking expensive
>>
File: 1459390054114.png (1 MB, 1677x933) Image search: [Google]
1459390054114.png
1 MB, 1677x933
>>82007056
Hahahahahaha
>>
>>82019510
Not everyone can have a nice-paying job.

$100 is literally %70-80 of my goddamn paycheck.
>>
>>82007056
>>82010185
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf1S-NEUseg

Everyone hired on after the kickstarter is either a woman or a queer/beta male. One person fucked up the character designs, and everyone else was too polite/cowardly to point out how bad they were and just accepted it.

Nat basically made the pilot on her own, which is why it's perfect.
>>
>>82019510
I could toss that kind of money around but I'd be pissed if I spent even $5 on something that ended up being shit. Nobody likes wasting money.
>>
>>82019510
>if you regret losing $100, I don't know how the fuck you've managed to afford electricity, internet, or the laptop/phone you're using.

100 dollars may not be alot to have but it is alot to lose.
>>
>>82009578
>Giving money to Double Fine
>After their other Kickstarters
>Especially to that shady as shit Kickstarter look-alike they had a hand in making
My opinion of Tim Schafer and Double Fine plummeted over the years.
>>
>>82019510
>I don't know how the fuck you've managed to afford electricity, internet

>If you have the bare neccesities i don't know how you dont have more money.
>>
File: smug lantern.jpg (69 KB, 401x288) Image search: [Google]
smug lantern.jpg
69 KB, 401x288
>>82011259
>Backed Kingdom Come: Deliverance
>Looks pretty great
>They even BTFO SJWs when they complained about the lack of minorities
>>
>>82013651
>Backing a Kickstarter when they don't even need the money since they have Sony behind them
It was your own fault
>>
>>82019510
Its not about being a lot, if it was too much and these guys were poor people they would be using it in other things and not in a kickstarter, the problem is that they gave money expecting something and then ended up with trash, if I give someone $2 for an icecream and they give me an apple Im gonna be upset.
>>
>>82019510
$100 isn't all that much but unless you're a retard or insanely rich it's going to sting a bit if you have to waste it on something.
>>
File: 1415341964371.jpg (18 KB, 447x495) Image search: [Google]
1415341964371.jpg
18 KB, 447x495
Is there such a thing as female-aimed comics/cartoons that aren't infantilizing pap?
>>
>>82007056
>mfw i dropped $300 on the fucking Homestuck game
>>
>>82023005
>liking Homestuck enough to shill out $300
You deserved it.
>>
>>82010427
Why do they say every sentence like its a question?
>>
>>82023005
How did you liked the great finale Hussie shat on you?
That counted as a thanks directly from the fine gentleman too.
>>
>>82023315
seven years of my life

i want it back
>>
>>82023287
Because back in the dAY?????
Tumblr THOugh????????? That talkING AND SHOUTING MID SENTENCE WAS CUTE AND QUIRKY IN A RANDOM WAYY?????????????
You hafta think like a 2012 tumblr blogger to find this funny tho, I shit you not they were in such a hard negation about the show being shit they could hunt down anyone who said it was ugly as sin.
>>
>>82023407
Too bad.
>>
The only kickstarter I've ever given money to was that Shantae game, because I fucking love Shantae.

But I would never give money to a cartoon in the age of social justice.
>>
Good thing I've never given my money to anything.
And that across the years I've seen enough failed/fishy kickstarters to further my stinginess.
>>
>>82023597

I've done a few kickstarters

Worst kickstarters I've done

>ouya
>under the dog God damn so much drama

Best ones
>skull girls
>shante
>girly
>awkward zombie
>cards against humanity
>>
>>82023855
>under the dog God damn so much drama
Never heard of this, what went down?
>>
>>82023894

A kickstarter that was an original animated movie

Trailer was really cool

It passed its the goal

Looked good

Then a week after the goal the creator and the producer got into a big ass argument that made the creator leave

I still get an email every other week with updates, but it's been a while now and I've regretted putting money into it
>>
>>82024056
That's really the biggest problem with trusting Kickstarter isn't it? You not guaranteed that the people you're entrusting you're money too aren't going to go down in flames.
>>
At least you didn't back Mighty No 9
>>
>>82024301
what ever happened to that?
>>
>>82024346
Supposedly releasing this spring, after 2-3 delays
>>
>>82024207

True

I occasionally see something pop up and I'll sit down and think about it after a week or two

But most of the time I forget all about it
>>
I was like you but dodged the bullet because they announced how little they were making of it and I knew production would tank hard without a real budget. I did not expect the design changes which was the final nail.
>>
>>82024346
It looks and plays like shit, its nothing like they promissed, also the game was supposed to come out last year but they keep pulling it back every month to this day.
Also there's this drama because a Twitter feminist got involved in the creative team halfway through the kickstarter bia liyjng the shit out of it, also they made her a mod of the kickstarter for a while and every bad review or "problematic" coment there was (specifically involving refunds) were promptly delete and banned also making the refund even more impossible.
They also put the worst Roll Expy into it.
Instead trying to be its own thing it was still fucking Megaman doesn't matter where you look at it.
Also they wasted half the money into trying to make a CGI animated series that got cancelled because the trailer per se was too expensive.
>>
>>82010185
Invader Zim is literally the most expensive tv animation of all time, which is why it wasn't renewed despite rising popularity.
>>
>>82023315
Wait, he ended it?
>>
>>82007056
that's your face?
you seem pretty pleased.
>>
You know, for all our "we told you so" and "it was always shit", I honestly understood why the pilot was hated so much. Sure, it wasn't the next coming of BTAS, but it was quirky and fun and workable. The fact they fucked up worse than double fine does with every game is unfortunate, but in better hands it might just have worked.

>>82022784
>calling apples trash
Date and location, fucker, I'm going to end you.
>>
>>82020806
>>82020559
He's right about Zim, but that's because zim gets dangerously close to costing as much per minute as an animated film.
>>
>>82025384
>I honestly understood why the pilot was hated so much.
Because it looks like a quirky weeb's wet dream.
>>
>>82024562
Wait, what? What the fuck?

Also, wasn't the whole purpose of this was to remake megaman with a new faggot?
>>
>>82007056
>liking Pee and Poopycunt pilot
You got exactly what you paid for - an ATesque tumblr shit, managed by team with no experience
>>
>>82023855
>ouya
just why
>>
>>82025384
>Liking apples
I bet you also like Steven Universe
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>82026153
Pls tell me this isn't an edit.
>>
>>82024207
You just need to be smart with who you back. Don't just back a project that tries to coast on spiritual successor and "we have a guy that was involved with the original" bullshit like with Mighty Number 9, they need a well developed timeline or something concrete to showcase beyond a pie in the sky concept else you're going to get delays and broken promises. At least with animation, there's always the Reward people who had a bunch of stretch goals but so far managed to deliver on at least one episode that was just as good as the original.
>>
>>82024562
I was absolutely astounded that they were working on a TV series before the game was even finished. Glad that shit got canned and most people saw through their bullshit when they had the unmitigated gall to launch another campaign for a new game.
>>
>>82025384
I like apples, but ice cream is ice cream.
>>
>>82026079
You take that back, motherfucker.

>>82026669
Oh, I agree, but you don't compare apples to trash. Apples are awesome.
>>
>>82026876
Can you make apples that taste like ice cream? I thought not.
>>
File: tumblr_mz5s5sfHv81sowzu6o2_1280.jpg (172 KB, 1280x760) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mz5s5sfHv81sowzu6o2_1280.jpg
172 KB, 1280x760
>>82007056
>left newer
>right older
>>
File: 1460490454969.jpg (16 KB, 285x241) Image search: [Google]
1460490454969.jpg
16 KB, 285x241
>>82007056
EPIC blog man hahaha
>>
>>82026266
She even says, 'No me gusta,' I couldn't fucking believe it myself.
>>
Only thing I ever backed was Steve Lichman. Consistent updates, evidence of work, gave samples of finished parts, and the creators had credentials to back up their claims. May will be a good month.
>>
File: BeeSeason2.png (45 KB, 228x300) Image search: [Google]
BeeSeason2.png
45 KB, 228x300
>>82027035
pic related future of Bee
>>
>>82026876
>Watches Steven Universe created by Rebecca Sugar, produced by Cartoon Network Studios
>Enjoys Apples

Why am I not surprised?
>>
>>82016622
Fuck that bitch. Nice double dubs though, anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (260 KB, 825x612) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
260 KB, 825x612
>>82026266
This is a Edit
>>
>>82010427
Why is there so much plaid
>>
>>82007056
Samebut I lost $15
>>
I think it was Urbance on kickstarter, it looked like a really cool animated short to be used to help pitch it. I didn't have the money too donate but it got funded. Apperently they had to change the core concept cause a bunch of sjws were bitching an it came out pretty terible except a cool style.
I just feel bad for the guys that made it.
>>
File: tumblr_static_urbance_big.jpg (195 KB, 992x520) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_static_urbance_big.jpg
195 KB, 992x520
>>82027488
http://steambot.ca/watch-urbance-pilot-now/
>>
>>82027488
they released more for it recently
but with teeeeeeerible voice acting
>>
The Bee and Puppycat comic is back after almost a year, with different creative teams.
>>
>>82027537
They made more? do you have a link?
>>
>>82027598
see
>>82027531
>>
File: tumblr_nx22c0DctW1ru9982o1_500.png (117 KB, 500x304) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nx22c0DctW1ru9982o1_500.png
117 KB, 500x304
I heard that Bee and puppy cat moved to a new animation studio,but I can't find the link to that tumblr post anymore.
>>
>>82027681
much better, but far different from the original pitch
>>
File: no-me-gusta.png (177 KB, 295x200) Image search: [Google]
no-me-gusta.png
177 KB, 295x200
>>82027178
it wasnt even the right fucking face.

she made the NO face.

they want to pander with memes but can't even get the memes right.
>>
File: 1424154099172.jpg (26 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1424154099172.jpg
26 KB, 640x480
>>82027035
>wider
>WIDER
>>
File: Mickey-mouse.png (72 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
Mickey-mouse.png
72 KB, 500x333
>>82027035
the middle was alright, thicker but still proportional, but WHAT THE FUCK happened to her fucking face on the last one? she looks soulless
>>
>>82023315
Coulda been worse.

He coulda dropped 10,000 on a single page of the comic for a vanity character.
>>
>>82010088
same
its actually a trend were im from
more of a "aint nobody got time fo dat!" idea to a "yeah okay i can dig it"
>>
>>82010185
>an episode of invader zim
>costing 900k
you sure about that m8? dont episodes cost a bit less than 1/3 of that?
>>
>>82007056
On the bright side, at least the entire fucking channel crashed and burned with it. Now it's just clickbait.
>>
>>82015463
prob thought things would go more smoothly and timely with a larger team, which in theory shouldve, but then imcompance happened
on whos side i dont know
>>
>>82028727
For most shows, yes. Some can manage to do it on just 150k, if they manage it well. But Zim said fuck that, we got to be awesome. So Nick cancelled the shit out of it because it was better to goop more people.
>>
>>82027035
i dont understand how any of these is easier to animate than the other
>>
>>82028965
really? i dont recall the animation being such a quality as to need triple the amount, only some scenes needed a high amount of detail and flow
sucks they cancelled it regardless, it mightve been more profitable in the long run
>>
>>82028221
You know the guy that drew that is a scat fetishist right?
>>
>>82029325

still an appropriate reaction
>>
>>82019510
>How fucking poor are you
I make less than 100 bucks a week.
>>
>>82019510

>how to point out the underaged who doesn't know the value of money

When you grow up you're gonna have so many money issues if you think "losing 100 bucks here and there" Isn't an issue.
>>
What are the odds they talked to some network executive who said "hey make these changes and we'll consider picking it up"

And they did, and the network never picked them up.
>>
>>82023855

Oh we're doing tier lists now?

Best
>Any Johnny wander related KS (got 2 cuttings books, sent one to my friend)
>Shovel knight
>Among the sleep was short but pretty cool
>Hyper light drifter

Regrets
>Bee for the reasons outlined in the thread
>Zombie playground, it's fucking boring as shit
>You suck, stopped enjoying between KS and release

Unreleased but excited for
>Steve lichman
>La mulana 2

NEVER EVERS
>theHS KS atleast it's not Mn9
>>
>>82011259
>Backed new TTRPG book on Kickstarter
>Creator skimps on character sheets and posters for certain tiers
>Comes forward with a detailed and clear rundown on exactly where they fucked up and how it will be fixed in the future (he'd improperly budgeted his shipping/printing costs)
>Take another risk on the Core Extended
>Goes off without a hitch
>Shit's even hardback

Feels good. You have to really watch how the people putting the project forward are acting though. I've noticed that a lack of detailed budgeting plans are a pretty reliable red flag.
>>
>>82029997
TTRPG?
>>
>>82030041
Table Top Role Playing Game.

Think Dungeons and Dragons or Pathfinder. Set up a narrative, build characters, and go adventuring.
>>
>>82010427
the major problem is, the Pilot was a labor of love, the people working on it WANTED to make this, so they spent the time and energy to make it exactly as they wanted

Then when it came time to make the actual series they sort of ran out of steam, they could no longer afford to spend as much time or money on it, so they had to simplify the characters, a detailed costume like the frilly cat dress would take a long time for movement to be viable, plus the shape of the character and the choice of baggy clothing means a LOT of fabric movement, so they simplified Bee into 5-6 simple shapes, round face, round hair, round torso, tubes for the arms and legs, and a semicircle for the skirt.

Puppy cat seems to have been spared simplification, which is good, because otherwise it would just be a literal blob.

it lets them cut down on costs and time required, which is why its a shame that with all the money and time it's taking them to make each episode seems to be going to waste.
>>
>>82009578
The first one was so great that it's worth it for the dream.
>>
>>82010427
It looks like they drew a kid then slapped a curve on the torso to represent tits rofl
>>
>>82023287
I read this post much more as a question than it was supposed to be.
>>
>>82030963
That's basically what they did. She looks (and acts) like a five year old.
>>
>>82007056

Fucking Numale loser, everyone told you this was gonna happen. bUT YOU DIDN'T LISTEN back to tumblr or reddit or wherever you came from cuck
>>
>he backed Cans Without Labels
>>
>>82007056
.kickstarter

Honestly you just have yourself to blame. I've also have fallen for this meme and i regret it most of the time.
>>
>>82029470
When you're an adult in modern society, you're probably going to have so many bills, loans, and debt to pay that, unless you're forever working as a cashier at McDonalds, you're not going to regret for the rest of your life how you wasted $100. Maybe the first two weeks, but fucking people who say, "Regret it daily" are just poorfags who are careless with their cash to begin with. No pity.
>>
>>82007056

The pilot is great, the show itself is so bad.
>>
>>82007056
only thing i ever backed was https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/battletech
>>
The pilot was garbage too.
>>
>>82007056
that's what you get for giving money to nu-calarts stoners
>>
>>82027035
they all suck
>>
>>82027035
CUMBLRRRRRR REEEE
Like my goodness; what went so wrong so fast.
>>
>>82019510
I can get so much weed with 100 bucks. If I spend it on something that sucks all I have is regret about not spending it on weed instead.
>>
File: 1437427150114.png (195 KB, 310x480) Image search: [Google]
1437427150114.png
195 KB, 310x480
>>82023287
Californians
>>
>>82007056
>Kickstarter
>Ever

You get ONE before you learn. Kickstarter is literally a scam.
>>
>>82032008
Hey it isn't that bad a way to get stuff literally ready to print to the printer.

Just avoid anything that isn't mostly done and never go in too big.
>>
>>82032008
>I've backed three and while they've taken too long (literally years late) the product is equivalently what was promised or better
Worst part is I lost interest in two waiting and one almost immediately after. Pretty fucked up but the product was exactly what I wanted.
>>
File: lel.png (212 KB, 316x291) Image search: [Google]
lel.png
212 KB, 316x291
>>82010534
>>82007962
>normies upset on how painful a typical 4chan user types
lel

On topic, the redesign is shit. I understand that it was supposed to save money for details, but it doesn't mean that they had to increase Bee's weight to the fucking universe.
And now Puppcat is anthropomorphic. What the fuck actually.
>>
Its too bad. Ive been hyped to find out what the details are for the space prince thing for years.
>>
>>82032008

I've done the huniepop kickstarter and I loved that game

They gave me their newest game just for doing the first one and I can actually say I'm glad I didn't back the second game
>>
>>82010427
What country of origin is the name Allegri from any way?
>>
>>82019510
poorfags gonna poor
>>
>>82034444
Italian, obviously.
>>
File: tumblr_nose.jpg (18 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nose.jpg
18 KB, 210x240
>>82022540
I don't get the problem. Didn't both their kickstarters deliver what they promised?
>>
>>82034537
I don't know why, but I thought she was russian
>>
>>82015370
wait are we not getting new bravest warriors?
>>
File: Son__I....jpg (43 KB, 824x626) Image search: [Google]
Son__I....jpg
43 KB, 824x626
>>82034756

They won't release the new season of bravest warriors until they finish bee and puppycat

Which is total bullshit cause season 3 has been finished for months I think maybe a year already
>>
>>82035112
thats retarded.
>>
File: BabaDAMN.jpg (41 KB, 480x568) Image search: [Google]
BabaDAMN.jpg
41 KB, 480x568
The only thing I ever backed, though not a Kickstarter, was the fund to make a Babadook-book inspired by the film.

They're a year late with production, but they keep us up to date and eventually it will be in my book case. I don't regret it at all, I'm glad I could show my support.
>>
>>82035202

I'm surprised everyone that backed the kickstarter hasn't risen up and forced them to release season 3
>>
>>82020450
well, write a scrip then, maybe we can draw it-
plz no hentei.
>>
>>82031386
just watched the complete thing a while ago.

wow, it's fucking nothing, and it's not even 50% done. but there was a cool duck
>>
>>82029164
Go back and rewatch Zim some time. The show is gorgeous. It uses a lot of CGI that's extremely passable for the time, has really detailed backgrounds, the camera cuts around a lot, and the characters all have this weird fluid way of moving. You can see why it was expensive as fuck.
>>
>>82017733
well the best way to look at the target audience for cartoon hangover shit is just to look at the creator. From what I've seen, one purpose of cartoon hangover is to give creators the license to kinda do what they want, rather than be bound by the restrictions and difficulties of tv animation. They don't really cater to anyone other than themselves, which is both a bad and good thing. Bee and Puppycat is made by Natasha Allegri, and the humor and style is reflective of what SHE likes, which, coincidentally, fits the interests of other 17-25 internet girls, of that demographic, a large portion of tumblr's userbase is made up of this.

So, this was a longwinded way to say, yes. This is a 'tumblr' animation, but in the regular tumblr way not the SJW side.
>>
>>82035496

>Plz no hentai

You realize where your at
>>
>>82007056
>be me
We know it's you by default, shitposter.
>>
>>82034564
Eventually, sort of. Broken Age kickstarted with a goal of $400,000. After getting over a million, they ran out of money and had to ask for more, and release the game in two parts. Broken Age part 2 wasn't any longer or better than 1. In fact, it was much worse.
Combine this with missed deadlines, and the fact that they crowdsourced because they couldn't find a publisher who would work with them to begin with.
Imagine having $3.3 million, almost 10x your asking price, and still missing deadlines and creating an inferior product.
>>
File: why(1).jpg (60 KB, 471x694) Image search: [Google]
why(1).jpg
60 KB, 471x694
>>82035112

>They won't release season 3 until they finish bee
>>
>>82029078
I doubt that has anything to do with her enlargement.
>>
>>82034564
Broken Age wasn't really that good considering just how much they surpassed their initial goal and they spent some of the money on a party with DJ Phil Fish (yes, that Phil Fish) and then ran out soon after so they had to beg for more. There was another game they worked on, forgot the name (something with space stations), that they essentially just flat out gave up on and left it a broken mess.
>>
File: cigar.jpg (12 KB, 206x235) Image search: [Google]
cigar.jpg
12 KB, 206x235
>Backed two Shadowrun games
>Backed Wasteland 2
>Backed Divinity 1 and 2
>Backed Kingdom Come: Deliverance
>Backed the Goon movie pitch
>Backed the Reward
I'm pretty darn happy with Kickstarter. You just gotta be smart with who you back.
>>
File: 1446428263029.png (208 KB, 386x328) Image search: [Google]
1446428263029.png
208 KB, 386x328
>cute little cartoon short is made
>meant to be self contained short
>adds emotional little tidbit at end
>autists stumble from their chairs and scream DEEPEST LORE
>series that wasn't meant to have continuity or plot is forced out
>surprised its a piece of shit
This is why adults should have no say with cartoons. People have no attention span for a show that doesn't have some kind of plot or feels moment to pander to them.
>>
>>82007962
>You type like an autistic teenager whose only prior exposure to 4chan is through ebin screencaps that circulate on facebook.
Welcome to All-New, All-Different 4chan
>>
>>82028672
>>82010088
lazy piece of shit
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 376x501) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 376x501
>tfw the only Kickstarter I ever backed was Mark Bussler's Lord Karnage
>>
>>82010185
lol it's the korea sweat shop's fault. fuck off natasha
>>
>>82010427
From young adult who hasn't really figured out their life yet to mentally retarded dwarf
>>
>>82038843
it even looks like steven, but unintentionally retarded
>>
>>82035112
Why I don't even like bee and puppy cat.
>>
>>82025384
Oranges are better, fag.
>>
>>82027393
I recognize the eyes and the mouth, but not the nose. Help me out here.
>>
File: 1399207752559.gif (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1399207752559.gif
3 MB, 853x480
>mfw I gave money to the Wakfu kickstarter
>>
File: 1460775703403.gif (126 KB, 473x235) Image search: [Google]
1460775703403.gif
126 KB, 473x235
>mfw I've never donated to a kickstarter
>>
>>82020450
I wish someone did something like this, because the creators clearly can't
>>82035496
>tfw little to no original Bee porn
>>
>>82007962
i've only backed one kickstarter--the Don Hertzfeldt one. Seems like I bet on the right horse, I got my blu-ray and film snippet last month. Don's a real stand-up guy.
Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.