[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have the number of a comic creator
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: Literally Me.jpg (96 KB, 564x806) Image search: [Google]
Literally Me.jpg
96 KB, 564x806
So I am volunteering in the upcoming presidential elections for a candidate, while working the call list(a list of people with names and numbers that favor your candidate that we call to ask to volunteer). I found the name and number of one of my most beloved comic creators. Now aside from being hype as shit I also really am trying to break into the biz. I want to know how I should work this without coming off as a crazy creepy desperate fanboy.

What do?
>>
>>82001903
Anything involving calling them when THEY did not give you their number is creepy and weird.
>>
>>82001923
Well I literally have to call them its my job, to talk them up ask about volunteering. I just want to know how I should play the co stufrf
>>
Do your fucking job, dumbass.
Anything you say outside of soliciting votes will just cast you in a bad light to both the comic creator AND your employer.
>>
File: you dumb faggot.gif (3 MB, 377x372) Image search: [Google]
you dumb faggot.gif
3 MB, 377x372
>>82001903
>I am volunteering in the upcoming presidential elections for a candidate
>>
>>82001960
Do your job and if somehow you get a chance to have a less formal conversation you can tell them you really like their work.

Don't be the one to make the conversation less professional, though.
>>
>>82002044
It's a purely sentimental endeavor.
>>
Just remind Geoff to vote Donald and you're good to go
>>
>>82001903
Be professional during the phone call, and try to gauge how annoyed/not annoyed the dude is. If they're not too annoyed, I think you could possibly get away with asking, "Excuse me, are you by any chance ____ of ____?" And if they say yes, tell them you're a big fan. If they don't sound annoyed by then, maybe you can say another friendly thing. But that's as far as I would go, really. That's not a situation where you chew someone's ear off, or ask them for advice.
>>
Ask them who they're planning on voting for first, then tell them that's great because you're calling on behalf of that candidate (even it's not the one you're calling on behalf of). Get in their good books then drop
>>82003085
>"Excuse me, are you by any chance ____ of ____?" And if they say yes, tell them you're a big fan.
Then tell them you're trying to break into the industry yourself. They might be up for a conversation, they might not. But it's worth a shot at least.
>>
>>82001903
Bumpp
>>
>>82001903
If it's John Byrne tape the call, should be laugh...oh wait isn't he Canadian?
I take it its a mainstream creator?
>>
Here is what you do, Call them and ask them if they it is really them before they can answer tell them allllllllllll your ideas I mean all of them do not let them get a word in. Once you are done ask them for a job. tell your current boss you quit because your def in
>>
>>82001957
Don't. You'll lose your job.

>>82001903
You can't send them anything because that's not how it works. They won't read it, if you send it to them at home they'll throw it away or give it to the security company who deal with that shit at the office - they destroy unsolicited scripts, unread, and send you a card that says don't write no more letters to Mr. Sinatra.

If you want someone to read your scripts you need to give them a reason to do so. That means you need to have someone to work with, basically, to produce comic pages which you put on the internet. People read those, they gauge your ability and popularity, and you get offered work based on that. You need to draw their attention to it - but as a published work it's easier for them to steer clear of any unintentional similarities in their own work, which is why they don't read spec scripts any more.

Nobody is ever going to read your scripts if you call them at home unsolicited - trust me, they're going to remember the name. They're probably not even going to be home; if you don't get the machine, you'll get a family member. These are also not people you should be bringing this up with. Whoever answers, since you're cold-calling about politics, the chances are high they'll just hang up on you. That's it. That's the limit of your involvement. You will then forget the number (assuming you've even got the right guy) because if you don't, your second call will end the same way and your third will end with a visit from the cops, delivering your summons to appear at your restraining order hearing. From there, it goes downhill fast.

If you want to break in, apply yourself, write a lot of scripts, learn your craft, find out about legitimate ways of going about it. It will take years and frustrate you. Your chances are next to nothing regardless - but everybody does it to get where they are.

>but muh nepotism

In that case your chances are zero, stop wasting your time.
>>
This nigga think he in Hustle and Flow.
>>
>>82001903

I don't think Geoff wants to "Feel the Bern." Besides, isn't it a school night for you?
>>
Sadly, there's no real way you can benefit from this. Email would be more useful I think but they'd probably still want to only receive business stuff from a business email.

>>82002324
I don't think Johns would support a guy talking about shipping out half his family.
>>
>>82001903
Don't bother Frank Miller and set off his schizophrenic episodes again.
>>
>>82007193
>Don't. You'll lose your job.
>I am volunteering
Not exactly a big loss, is it?
>>
File: 1282887181728.jpg (225 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
1282887181728.jpg
225 KB, 900x600
>>82001903
I don't have a cringe image bad enough for this, here's Luke Cage playing double dutch with Black Bolt and Daredevil.
>>
>>82008459
If it's something he wants to do, presumably he's got a longer-term plan that relies on not being known as a fucking cunt who abuses the resources of his patron to pursue his idle pipe dreams.
>>
File: 1350253694524.png (56 KB, 244x284) Image search: [Google]
1350253694524.png
56 KB, 244x284
>>82001903
Tell him Cyborg does not belong to the league and that he should stay away from the Batman movie, Also that he is alying piece of shit and then scream:

WHERE IS WALLY! WHERE ARE MY METAL MAN! WHERE IS CAPTAIN MARVEL! I WILL KILL YOU I WILL KILL YOU I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE, I WILL RAPE YOU WHILE USING A MR FREEZE T-SHIRT! Fuck you fuck you! my name is Kyle rayner and i have a 12 inches dick read to will it inside your filthy arab ASS!

The say "i hope you will vote for bernie sanders have a nice day
>>
>>82008287
>I don't think Johns would support a guy talking about shipping out half his family.

He is a catholic arab.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.