[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you prune the Bat Family tree?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 20
Bruce
Alfred
Lucious Fox
Dick
Barbara
Jason
Tim
Steph
Cass
Kate
Damian
Luke Fox
Duke
Harper

Give Lucious a more prominent role; make him at least as important as Alfred.

Idk wtf to do with Barbara. Can we somehow make her Oracle again? Just get her to retire.

Jason needs to either die or become a villain again.

Tim and Steph can just die.

Cass or Kate, pick one and the other dies.

Damian stays Robin and someday replaces daddy and Bruce assumes a role akin to what he did in Batman Beyond.

Luke Fox or Duke, pick one and kill the other; in the case of Duke he takes a new mantle.

Just fucking kill Harper.
>>
>>82001328

Tim
Jason
Dick
Damian
Alfred
Cass

There you go that's the batfamily.

If DC wants more they can bring back Batman inc and just let Kane be the batwoman of New York. Luke is complete shit, let's gpo back to africa. Harper needs to die. Duke needs to die.

Things would had been perfect with Bruce as the league and global batman and Dick as gothams he just needed the batman beyond uit. but dc fucked it up
>>
Superman
Supergirl
Superboy
Superwoman
Chinese Superman

Just need Power Girl and Black Superman to escape Earth-2 and we can have a "Superfam."
>>
>>82001328
Kill worthless edgelord Damian
Kill duke and Harper whoever the fuck they are
Kill Jason Todd
Kill Kate
Cripple babs again, make Cass batgirl again
Tim is robin, dick is nightwing
Bam, perfectly excellent, manageable and shitty-character-free batfamily
>>
>>82002025
>Killing Damian over Tim
>>
>>82001328
Alfred
Lucius
Bruce
Dick
Tim
Damian
Barbara
Cass
Steph
Kate

Keep Jason, but make him a villain/antagonist again like he was in UTRH and R&B. Give them all specific niches so they don't constantly step on each other's toes. Make the age differences less idiotic, so that Dick and Barbara can actually be more set apart from the younger Batkids. And that's that.
>>
>>82001328
>Bruce
>Alfred
>Dick as Nightwing
>Jason as villainous Red Hood
>Babs as Batgirl
>Damian as Robin

I grew up with Tim, but they really have no fucking clue what to do with him. Just put him out of his misery at this point. The hamfisted way they are trying to make him "never been Robin" is just shitty.

Have Bruce refuse to take on a Robin in the wake of losing Jason, and have Talia force Damian onto him, and have Alfred suggest Bruce offer or challenge him to earn the right to be Robin as the responsibility that comes with it would lend itself towards breaking Damian of the doctrination of the League of Assassins, while also more subtly lending itself towards the formation of a bond between father and son, which Alfred would intend, but not inform Bruce of.
>>
>>82002025
>whoever the fuck they are
>I don't read comics
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>82001328
Dick as Nightwing, doing stuff internationally, but stopping by Gotham every now and then
Jason stays dead in his iconic role
Barbara is Oracle
Helena as the black sheep, a foil/contrast to dick
Tim, Steph, Cass, etc are supporting characters sitting around to be used when the plot needs them, they can fulfill the old "Robin role" of being there when Batman explains stuff
Damian as Robin, doing solo shit with Goliath or teaming up with Dick
Batwoman does her own thing, away from the family
>>
>>82001328
>Bruce
>Dick
>Barbara
>Tim
Major members of the family as main cast in their own books and with a fair about of crossover.
>Steph
>Cass
Share a book with each other, otherwise treated as above.
>Alfred
>Damian
Major supporting characters centered around Bruce.
>Lucious Fox
Minor supporting character.
>Kate
In her own book unconnected from the batfamily.
>Jason
Own book unconnected from the batfamily.
>Luke Fox
>Duke
>Harper
Forget and ignore.
>>
>>82001328
>Bruce - Batman (obviously)
>Alfred
>Lucius is fine as he is, maybe have him make a few more appearances
>Dick operates on an international scale as Nightwing
>Babs and Tim both retired but still alive
>Jason's dead or is on SS and never interacts with the family because he's boring as fuck.
>Damian as Robin
>Steph as Batgirl
>Cass as BlackBat in HK
>Kate as Batwoman
>Pretend like Harper, Duke, Luke never even existed
>>
>>82003738
>Age difference
Go Dark Knight on it
Bruce - mid fifties
Alfred - eighties, about dead
Julia Pennyworth - late twenties, make her new oracle and gadget tech
Kate - mid forties
Dick - late thirties
Babs - mid thirties
Jason - late twenties or dead
Damian - late teens/early twenties
>>
>>82001328
Bruce
Alfred
Dick
Barbara
Damian
Kate as the outsider who's not really part of the team.

I don't consider Lucius part of the senpai but I would not get rid of him.
>>
Batman
Alfred
Nightwing
Dead Jason
Damian
Oracle
Cass

Easy.
>>
I wouldn't. The Bat family being so large makes it all the richer.
>>
Bruce
Alfred
Damian
Dick
Babs

Get rid of the rest
>>
>>82004800
Go read some old Batman and see how much better he is as a solo act or duo without a convoluted "family" taking away from his stories.
>>
Kill em all.

The Batfamily is a godawful concept. Batman is a much better character when all of his traits aren't divvied up between an army of teenagers.
>>
>>82001328

are all of those his sons/daughters?

wtf hasn't DC heard of condoms?
>>
>>82001328
Get rid of Harper and Luke
Jason Todd is a murderer, and has absolutely no place being in the family
>>
>>82001328
Main senpai:
Bruce/Tim and Dick/Damian partnerships in 'Tec with alternating story arcs.
Bruce solo in Batman
Robin solo with Damian where he spends quality time with Bruce
Nightwing solo where Damian sidekicks
Red Robin solo with Jason as supporting cast
Batgirl team book starring Steph and Cass
Birds of Prey with Babs/Helena/Dinah/Kate
Batwoman Kate solo with Maggie supporting cast.
Gotham Central for Gordon/Renee/Maggie/Harvey

Duke and Harper are supporting cast such as other heroes like Man-Bat and Daedalus used to be.
>>
File: DeathOfTheFamilycover_1882.jpg (16 KB, 300x464) Image search: [Google]
DeathOfTheFamilycover_1882.jpg
16 KB, 300x464
They already tried to prune the Bat-Family 4 years ago, didn't they?
>>
Trim it down to pre-New 52 size. If you're going to introduce new characters, like Harper, make sure they aren't clones of pre-existing ones.
>>
File: I9qabAG-e1427982454585.png (18 KB, 1329x888) Image search: [Google]
I9qabAG-e1427982454585.png
18 KB, 1329x888
>>82001328
Kill:

Kate-I fucking hate her. Thinks she has a right to wear the symbol when not even connected to the Bat, but of course DC and their 'MUH LEBIANS'.

Damian-Annoying and doesn't need to be around. Stupid even introducing him. Final Robin should've been Tim.

Luke-Fuck off to back wherever he came from.

Harper-Kill and creamte, then piss on the ashes and throw them into a garbage dump.

Duke-See Harper.

True family:

Dick-Nightwing

Jason-Antihero again. Clashes with Batman more.

Barbara-Oracle again

Alfred- GOAT butler

Tim-Robin

Steph-Batgirl

Cass-Retcon/sendoff/die

Lucious-Continues doing what he does. Knows Bats identity again and is in with Alfred, unlike the Nu52 origins.

Batman-Bruce muthafukin Wayne. Keeps tabs on all the family. Knows all their locations and shit. Good terms with all of them.

Bonus-Terry should resume BB again. I haven't read any Convergence or Future's End, but I heard he was killed off, which is fucking stupid. He's the most relatable.
>>
>>82004913
>>82004931

This also works.
>>
>>82005239
>Kate-I fucking hate lesbians, so I'm going to complain about something that no one ever has levied against Babs or the original Batwoman
Faggot
>>
>>82002025
>Kill Tim and Jason.
shitty-character-free batfamily
>>
>>82005140
No, not at all.
>>
>>82005312
What the fuck are you talking about you cuck? I didn't say I hate lesbians. Kate's character has no ties to the family whatsoever, and when I first read her background I hated her. Then I saw the only reason she was kept around was because of diversity.

If Dick was originally gay, or Barbara was originally lesbian, I wouldn't give a shit, since Bruce knows them, trained them and considers them family. Kate doesn't even know who Bats is half the fucking time, and her fighting ability is literallty shit compared to the rest of the family. Jason could fucking devastate her.
>>
Kill
Duke . Jason,Tim, Harper-
>>
Dick , Damian and Bruce.
>>
>>82005239
>Terry is the most relatable
>The ex-juvenile delinquent and secret government experiment son of Bruce Wayne is relatable
Ok.
>>
>>82001328
GO FUCK YOURSELF
>>
>>82001328
>Damian
>>
>Barbara

>Dick
>>
>Bruce
>>
>>82005239
>getting rid of Cass
Shit taste confirmed
>>
>>82001328
The Wayne boys and Dick.
>>
>Just fucking kill Harper.
>>
>>82001328
>Kill Jason Todd
>>
Keep them all.
Writers who like certain characters can try to make stories with them, and if the run is good the fan base will grow.
If no one cares about a character or don't write a good story for them, just let them fall to obscurity.

Just ask Onyx, or most of the Outsiders Batman used to hang out with, or most of Batman Inc.
>>
I'd keep all of them. Have Bruce raise a bunch of kids into top-class crimefighters, and then, once they're of age, they leave the nest and set off on their own to establish themselves in different cities. Keep Babs as Oracle because that was a really cool role for her.

So there's Bruce himself. Starts out at around 20-ish, accumulates experience over the next four years. Alfred is his supporter and Lucius is his aid at the Wayne Enterprises side of things.
Then he picks up Dick (Robin 1) at around age 13. Train him for a year, have him watch Batman's activities, and then finally let him join the fight.
Over the next five years, Babs joins in as Batgirl.
Once Dick hits around 18, he leaves Gotham and goes to a university in Bludhaven while adopting the Nightwing persona. Bruce would be around thirty at this point.
Then he picks up Jason, who'd be around, what, fifteen? Babs loses use of her legs at this point, becomes Oracle. Jason dies around two years later and Batman starts to lose his shit.
Then Tim comes in, around maybe fifteen, and becomes the third Robin. Steph also appears shortly after this, and after that comes Cass. Jason's revived a few years later. Bruce would be in his mid-to-late thirties now.
Eventually, stuff happens, Tim establishes himself as Red Robin, moves to Bludhaven and works with Nightwing for a while. Cass also moves out shortly thereafter and becomes the Batgirl of Tokyo or whatever. Around this point, Bruce learns he's a babydaddy and gets stuck with Damian. I guess he'd be around forty? Batwoman also shows up aroudn this point.
Nightwing becomes an international superspy and leaves Bludhaven in Tim's hands for the time being. Jason, as Red Hood, does shadier shit, infiltrating terrorist organizations and whatnot, I dunno.
Eventually, Batman's forced to retire for being too old to be Batman anymore. round when Bruce is sixty, he picks up Terry and a new Batman is born.
>>
>>82001328
>Bruce
>Alfred
>Lucious Fox
>Jason
Red Hood as antihero is good enough for me and I will keep his relationship with the batfamily because his interactions with them are freaking gold.
>dick
>Barbara
I started to like her as Batgirl.
>Tim
The new oracle?
>Damian
Current Robin.
>and maybe Cass?

I will have the others as supporting cast who appear sometimes to help the batfamily.
>>
>Bruce
Keep in Gotham as Batman
>Dick
Keep him in Bludhaven but let him be on call when needed, make Bludhaven a bit more cyberpunk compared to Gotham
>Jason
I'd prefer he stayed dead but if he needs to be around then he should lead the Suicide Squad with Roy as his right-hand man
>Tim
Have him being an international detective or something
>Damien
Keep him as permanent Robin until Bruce gets too old
>Barbara
Have her be the resident Batgirl people call on when they need help
>Steph
I really don't know, have her solving international crimes with Tim?
>Kate
Remove any vampire shit but keep her solving supernatural stuff in Gotham
>Cass
Make her be the Elektra of the group, dealing with Ninjas and stuff
>Alfred
Obviously stays

Everyone else needs to go
>>
>>82005767
>Then he picks up Dick (Robin 1) at around age 12
FIFY
>>
The only ones I would get rid of are Duke, Harper and Luke. Duke and Harper don't do anything one of the Robins aren't already doing and considering Luke is basically black Terry and Terry's coming back we don't really need him either.

Batwoman annoys me because her whole "I'm a tough lesbian who don't need no Batman's approval to be a Bat" schtick makes no sense with how controlling he is but she's usually at least doing her own supernatural thing so I guess she can stay. The rest are fine, Tim and Jason just need writers who aren't Lobdell or Tynion to invest some time in them.
>>
>>82005852
I chose thirteen because I wanted to squeeze in all of Batman's little family shenanigans before he turned fifty. Once he gets that old, he can't really reliably be Batman anymore.

I'd imagine that once he's in his fifties, he'll still stubbornly help out by taking on an Oracle-like position, helping from his cave, equipping everyone, giving advice, giving his expertise as a detective, not just to his kids but the Justice League as well. Babs, I figure, would regain use of her legs and be a police officer around this time. And then he'd pick up Terry.
>>
>>82001328
Remove everyone except Damian and Jason and make them extremely edgy. Jason will complain that Damian is too soft and teach him the ways of the edge.
:^)
>>
>>82001328
Forgetting JPV REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>82001328
For the 52?
EVERYTHING MUST GO. Batman, Nightwing, either you're just introducing Jason or Jason never happened and you're just introducing Tim, Batgirl(Gordon)

Personal Preference?
Batman, Damien and Cass. As the core team.
Everyone else is doing their own thing having out grown the way Bats treats them or never been a member of the team to begin with.
Dick is a spy or in BludHaven as Nightwing
Batgirl(Gordon) is doing her own thing, I don't care what exactly.
Jason is a gang leader Punisher.
Tim is leading Steph and Harper in a team ( dealing with more tech based crimes)
Kate is back on cults low tier magic/occult shit.
Luke floats between teams. Mostly Dick and Babs.
Duke died in the crash, in the war, in a back alley, I don't care.

Red Robins shit can crossover with Batgirl. Nightwing can crossover Tim.
Bat Woman can when needed cross over with Bats.
Occasionally and I mean on rare fucking occasion (maybe once every couple of years) There is a story that can bring all Bats and his DIRECT sidekicks together to stop something big BUT NO JASON.

Jason is a fucking killer and criminal and has just gone off to do things his own way. No one that knew him likes what he has become or will tolerate it. But, Jasons city, wherever you put him has the lowest violent crime rate. His gang not only sells drugs but act as an information network and a sort of neighborhood watch...that doesn't give a shit about prostitution or drugs.

Of Course Alfred and Lucious help everyone across the board EXCEPT JASON, FUCK HIM. Alfred still sends him cookies and things like that on his birthday.
>>
>>82004931
The Joker needs to go
>>
>>82005499
You're an idiot.
>>
What if, and this is just an idea, we don't prune the bat family. Just give the kids a mother with Catwoman then keep everything the same.
>>
Daily reminder that the Bat Family was as perfect as it has ever been and will ever be pre-Flashpoint.
>>
>>82006693

Has she ever been maternal with Bruce's kids?
>>
>>82001328

Bruce & Alfred are a no brainer. Batman started out as Batman at 22. Took two years to completely wipe out mob presence. Took on Dick at the age of 23-24, near the end of the mob era of Gotham. Run into league at age of 23. 28 when he takes on Jason as Robin.

Fox can stay or go. He fits a role, but not a really vital one. He is more of a lore filler.

Dick is a must. Dick is Nightwing. The Robin who grew up and moved on. Change his motivation to become nightwing from "got shot and batman was treating him with kid gloves, plus batman was becoming more violent" To "Barbara got shot, and batman was treating him with kid gloves. Plus batman was becoming more violent"

Barbara got shot by the Joker, goes from Batgirl to
Oracle. From the narrative standpoint, she unfortantely reduces the detective nature of batman by existing as oracle, but is needed for batman's later motivation. Joined as batgirl 1 year after Dick became robin. Crippled three years later.

Jason Todd. Stays. Serves as character motivation for Batman to become less violent because Todd was going to far, further motivates Batman by dying. Comes back later as the Red Hood. Stays an Anti-villain after giving an honest consideration into giving up costume life. Still saves people, but killing his target takes priority. Robin at 15, killed at 17, ressurected, spends one year in a cell as rage retard from delayed Lazarus dip, after takes three years training with the league. League doctrine + disillusioned of Batman is primary motivation for murdering criminals.

Tim and Steph are gone. New time table doesn't allow for them. Probably show up in "different universe event" where Batman went with Tim instead of Jason.

Kate can stay.

Damian is new robin. Meets batman 1 year after the return of the Red Hood. Obnoxious Cunt, but after while mellows.

Luke Fox; Feeling odd about all of batman inc. Want to go with no, but someone could convince me otherwise.

Duke: No.

Harper: no.

You forgot some.
>>
>>82005556
Cass has always been more of an independent character, so it makes sense she'd leave.

>>82005499
Terry is the most relatable in that he has an actul life and is still Batman, you fuckwit. He isn't a magical millionare versed in all ways of combat, he's a kid trying to be a legend and struggles along the way.
>>
>>82004913
"Dur hur muh Batman is dark and edgy and is all alone"
>>
>>82007002

Shout out to Cass. I am still not sure how you fit in any timeline.

Terry, can be found in the future. Totally Schway.

Huntress, can stay as a character in Gotham.

Batman's character arc goes
>Optimistic Newbie when he first lands back into gotham
>Has things figured out with Dick, works as a detective from the shadow and only enters combat when he has his mark or lives are in danger.
>Starts to become cyinical as super villains start popping up and raising the murder stats. Starts fighting henchmen even when there is nothing to directly gain from it.
>Flat out into finger breaking for information when Dick leaves
>Stays at that level and mellows out when Jason appears
>Jason dies
>BONE BREAKING TERROR OF THE NIGHT INTENSIFIES
>A few henchmen die from batman related beatings
>Red Hood appears, tries to push Batman into full bat of murder, fails
>Batman fails to bring Red Hood out of his murder crusade
>Batman realizes how far he has fallen from his original goals
>Still a cynical asshole, but is stopping with the bone breaking and slips back into Detective ninja mode
>Damien appears
>>
>>82001328
Leave Alfred one-handed, have stories in the back few pages about his days as a spy.
Lucius Fox exists but barely there.
Dick superspy out of Gotham.
Barbara dead.
Jason doing Guardians of the Galaxy thing.
Tim dead.
Steph part of Birds of Prey.
Cass part of Birds of Prey.
Kate leader of Birds of Prey.
Damian is Robin.
Luke Fox as Batwing, in JLI or whenever they need an extra group.
Duke goes to be a normal kid.
Harper is Oracle/Batgirl, mostly doing normal stuff but also helping out Batman (just not as independent as Damian). She's more like their sidekick.
>>
>>82006989
you tell me
>>
>>82007560
Well she is the Disco Milf of the batfamily.
>>
Gotham
>Bruce Batman
>Tim Red Robin
>Babs Batgirl
>Alfred Butler
Bludhaven
>Dick As Nightwing
>Jason Red hood can be edgy >punisher
>Maybe keep Luke as Batwing
>Also might include Jean if trying to >be dark.
Hub city, bring it back
>Huntress either version
>Cassandra reclaims the martial arts >flavour most hub city hero's had.
>Steph just to help balance the roster
>Jean can just be made into a >question copy if they don't retcon >Question back to Renee or Vic
Globe trotting
>Dick As Grayson
>Damien as Robin
>We are Robin having wacky adventures shove Harper here if she needs to exsist.
>>
Main core of the family be
Bruce
Alfred
Dick
Damian
Cass

Tim and Barbara I would retire from their roles. The former pursuing college, while the later takes a job as a C.S.I. for Gotham. Have Barbara show up in supporting roles in Bruce, Dick, and Cass's comics.

Tim I would have a part of him that wants to be free of this life and make it on his own plus he's roommates with Cullen Row . But.. some cases come up in Gotham that intrigues him. Add Stephanie, Harper, and Duke bam new Birds of Prey.

Jason, I would keep as a loner or kill him. He works best as the rebel and the one who breaks the rules. So make him the black sheep, and the one that tempts the others to go past that golden rule. That and have him run the Outsiders.

Cass I would have her take on a section of Gotham that's nasty that Bruce barely goes too. Maybe bring "The Narrows" section from Nolan's comics in. Just this horde of complexes where minor crimes run rampart and Cass is trying to take out the larger crime rings that run the various buildings. She gets assists from Steph, Tim, and Barbara now/again. Think the Raid: Redemption but with Cass.

Lucius I would retire, then have Luke be the "Q" of the Bat Family servicing their gadgets and also testing them out himself. Him and Cass have this friendly rivalry that he keeps pushing her to use tech, and she ain't having none of it.

Bruce I would have Alfred, Kate, Dick, Damian and Barbara be recurring who are helping him on various adventures.

Dick, I would have Damian be the most recurring guest star and when out of costume just showing the kid some fun. Just totally being the big brother to him. I'd also keep him as the globe troting vigilante. Have him fight various C List rogues like Firefly, Blockbuster, Shrike, Maxie Zeus, and of course Lord Death Man. Which when it's the later have a team-up with Cass because I'd love to see Dick/Cass's styles clash when up against the unkillable force that is Lord Death Man.
>>
File: 1408892690259.jpg (123 KB, 800x936) Image search: [Google]
1408892690259.jpg
123 KB, 800x936
Alfred
Bruce
Dick
Tim
Jason
Cass
Damian
Babs

Tim should show up in support tech roles, be running WE, and work together with Lucius. Have HIM fill the "secret agent/spy" role, detective nerdy Tim is what's been horribly lost. He should be running with Cass as Black Bat.

Dick and Damian together on international adventures... maybe they share a base where all Damian's pets are, and occasionally have Bruce and Alfred over for dinner and bonding time.

Jason should fill an Outsider role and be a snarky bastard. Maybe as a twist, be the one most often in Gotham

Babs as Oracle. She doesn't need to break her legs.

>>82005915
>>82007002
>>82008172
These are good
>>
>>82007075
>Terry has an actual life
He has the same three problems that every teenage superhero has.
>oh no my girlfriend
>on no my high school grades
>oh no my parent

BB was a great show, but Terry isn't anymore relatable than any of the other teenagers in the Batfamily.
>>
File: Electric panel.gif (177 KB, 349x268) Image search: [Google]
Electric panel.gif
177 KB, 349x268
Tim and Cass share a book. Him the detective her the punchy

Black and Red.

Their first opponent? Rematch with THE PANEL!
>>
Batman
Babsgirl
Alfred
Nightwing
A Robin costume in a glass case.

everyone else need not apply
>>
>>82009827
> Mysterious report has put bombs all throughout Gotham.
> Tim & Cass find out every one of them has a panel covering each bomb.
> the dreaded most dangerous foe has multiplied.
>>
>>82005043
This is honestly the best idea so far.
>>
>>82001328
I'd split them off to other cities and only keep Kate, Bruce, and Damian in Gotham. These books don't work if they can just call in their allies at a moment's notice.

Dick+Babs, Tim+Cass+Steph, and Jason in their own cities with their own adventures. Honestly, I gave up on Batman when they started to introduce Harper, so I don't know what to do with her. Have her go somewhere with Jason if they get along, or not. I don't really care. I wish Jason and Damian were still dead; there's no real danger if they're going to be resurrected again and again.

For some reason I'd like to see Dick and Barbara in California. Probably San Francisco. Tim and the girls could do international shit, hunting down vigilantes. Put Jason in New Orleans and do a horror book. I know even less about Duke than I do Harper, so I don't give a shit what happens to him.
>>
File: 1683381-batman__1940__428.jpg (124 KB, 828x1280) Image search: [Google]
1683381-batman__1940__428.jpg
124 KB, 828x1280
>>82007336
>Wanting an umteen member Batfam where everyone crosses over and guest stars with everyone and stories taking several issue arcs instead of one or two issues.

Fuck DC sucks now. Death in the Family was four issues and confined to Batman, how fucking big and how many books did Death of the Family crossover into? Seriously, fuck DC.
>>
>>82009998
>Best idea
>Duke and Harper are supporting
>>
>>82010307
>Using DITF as a benchmark for when Batman was good
Everything apart from Jason's death in that story is horrible.
>>
File: Death In The Family.gif (181 KB, 343x475) Image search: [Google]
Death In The Family.gif
181 KB, 343x475
>>82010483
Even his death was terrible. It was really out of place given the initial tone of the book, which itself was boring to begin with.

DITF gets love for the direction Batman took afterward, but as a story itself it's terribly underwhelming.
>>
>>82010483
It's not a bench mark, but Death in the Family and Death of the Family are similar events to compare and shows how stupid and convoluted the crossover bullshit is now.

I could compare KnightFall and Court of Owls or Lonely Place of Dying and Zero Year, etc, etc if you'd prefer.
>>
>>82010641
I agree. Even the context behind Jason's death has never sat well with me. It wasn't some sort of plot masterstroke by O'neil and Batman bullpen, it was literally just a gimmicky vote. There's no build up to it if you read all of Jason's appearances before DITG.
>>
>>82010483
>>82010683
Night of the Owls as an example, why'd Nightwing, Batwing, Batgirl, RedHood and Catwoman have to show up?

Why'd it crossover into Batman, Detective, Dark Knight, Batman and Robin, Batwing, Batgirl, RedHood and the Outlaws, Catwoman and the Batman annual?

Underhanded bullshit to force readers to read several books than just what they want? "Just want to read Batman? To fucking bad."
>>
>>82010683
I don't even disagree with you on the crossover point. I just thought that DITF was a bad example.
>>
>>82010862
Selina, Dick, Luke and Jason appearing in Zero Year were probably the worst examples of unnecessary crossover.
>>
>>82010641
>>82010804
Starlin just really hated the concept of Robin Dick fans areprobably extremely lucky he's left by that point.

>Well, I always thought that the whole idea of a kid side-kick was sheer insanity. So when I started writing Batman, I immediately started lobbying to kill off Robin. At one point DC had this AIDS book they wanted to do. They sent around memos to everybody saying “What character do you think we should, you know, have him get AIDS and do this dramatic thing” and they never ended up doing this project. I kept sending them things saying “Oh, do Robin! Do Robin!” And Denny O’Neill said “We can’t kill Robin off”. Then Denny one night got this flash that “Hey, if we get this number where people call in and they can vote on it, they can decide whether Robin lives or dies.” So that’s how it started. I wrote up two endings and the readers came in and voted and I think it was 93 or something, it was this negliable amount, the difference for him to be put to death. And the death won out of course.

>http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2010/06/10/comic-book-legends-revealed-264/
>>
>>82011211
Yeah I know about Jim hating Robin and Jason in particular.
But the fact that it was put down to a vote with no depth leading up to it in the story is still shitty storytelling.

I always thought it was funny that apparently a lot of people voted for the death because they thought it was Dick though
>>
>>82011351
Really? I'd have thought normies just heard they were killing Robin via hotline and phoned in for the fun of it, doubt they knew anything about Dick or Jason.
Though apparently it was mostly one guy spam calling the line that tipped it in favour of the crowbar.
>>
>>82010148
>Tim+Cass+Steph

Yeeeeeeeesssss.
>>
Alternate reality Future,
Semi DKR semi Beyond
Bruce and Cassandra Cain unmarried couple living together, but fiance'd innuendo that they are sexless because of how they enjoy discipline, this is the unwritten pressure behind the storyline, whatever over arching problem Bruce and Cassey are at war with must be solved before they can get married.

#FAMILY

Grayson is in charge of several Bat-Robot-Mobiles from Kingdom Come and is working on replacing Gordon.

Damian Wayne is developing the Beyond suit. Trial and error is part of his thread in this story, learning from his mistakes, sparks constantly flaring every time the Beyond suit is stressed beyond its capabilities. Damien is revived several times from the dead due to the suit bringing him further into danger than he is capable of handling.

An interdimenstional mystery is preventing Bruce from finally announcing to the world he was Batman, and Batman Inc has a main project outside of Gotham, taking it out of the public view and giving Bruce space in Gotham to operate.

Tim Drake is Bruce's agent into the mystery, honestly because Bruce isn't willing to risk Damien into a Talia based problem and also because Gotham City is attracted to Tim Drake, he's a detective and it's exciting to imagine him hanging from the rope Grayson is usually hanging from into the Mystery Hole Bruce is a usually surrounded by);

Cassandra Cain is Batman Inc's primary Agent. Run by Barbara Gordan in public and Huntress in the Shadows, Batman Inc has mob ties, it's a very practical company and deals often with politicians, unions, movie stars, basically power bases that attract crime and drama. Partially Batman Inc is being courted as a security firm for Cities/Kings);

That's all I got so far.
>>
>>82001328
>Batman
>Robin
>Alfred
>...
Done. Thank me later
>>
>>82012371
I want to fuck all three
>>
>>82001328
>Main:
Bruce
Dick
Jason
Tim
Damian
Barbara
>Side
Cass
Steph
Kate
>Batman Buddy Corps
Luke
Duke
Helena
Montoya
>Kill
Harper
>Suddenly add and keep
Cullen

There, the balance is kept.
>>
>>82001545
Did they kill off Kon for good? I don't read Teen Titans and I don't remember him appearing in any Superbooks in a long time.
>>
>>82010862
Nightwing's involvement in Night of the Owls actually made sense, since he was part of that story
>>
>>82012755
Kon is back but there's nothing too him.
He's not the same connor, none of the Titans that were originally Young Justice are the same people.
>>
Bruce as the global Batman with Tim as his agent-like, recon Robin.

Dick as Gothams Batman with Damian Robin

Cass as BlackBat with Stephanie as her Robin. Together they do international investigative crime fighting stuff. Taking down the syndicates and such while Bruce focuses on bigger world threats, League level shit.

Barb is Oracle helping all of them, occasionally she suits up and helps out in the field though.

Katty is just using the name Batwoman but is otherwise unattached to the rest.

The other characters all retire because they're fucking pointless additions. Writers trying to tack their own little legacy onto an already bloated mythos without doing anything actually interesting.
At least Morrison had a goal and purpose behind Damian AND had the decency to wipe the slate clean before handing it to other writers.
>>
>>82004735
>Babs and Tim both retired but still alive
I scoffed at Arkham Knight pairing them off, but that might not be a bad option. Marriage, then retirement
>>
>>82001328

as long as harper doesnt exist i dont give a shit
>>
>>82004474
Wow. This guy got it right.

Although I'd also like to see black bat.
>>
>>82005830
>Dick: Keep him in Bludhaven
Literally the worst that could happen to the character
>>
>>82004474
>Tim remains in his lonely house by himself until he grows up and goes to school, he's not detective trained but he's smart as fuck
He could been in Gotham Academy.
>>
>>82011351
Other way around. People tried to save him cause they thought it was Dick
>>
>>82006103
Not part of the Batfam anymore
>>
>>82012870
I don't know if I'd put them in a relationship. I'd just have Tim and Babs retired and doing other stuff like they did in Beyond.
>>
>>82001328
Bruce as Batman doing Batman things with Alfred and Oracle as a main Assist with everyone else as a side assist.

Dick as Nightwing in Bludhaven with periodic drop ins from Damian

Damian as Robin having redemption and learning adventures with assists from Alfred and Dick rounding off with some Father-Son time with bruce.

Steph becomes batgirl again with assists from Batgirl and the BoP under the supervision of Barbara.

Kate, Helena and Montoya work out a threeway crime fighting team, teaming up with mob boss Selina now and then

Tim having dropped his role as Red Robin goes to school to try and live a happy life away from all the stupid things that have been happening in gotham, he meets up with Nu52 Ariana and together they start a life together and he never sees anyone from this god forsaken continuity ever again.

Fuck the rest.
>>
>>82012782
Except it was originally a DickBats story that had to be retooled for New52. So really, Nightwing should've been the main focus of the story but it just turned into a cluster fuck.
>>
>>82016605
Hoooooooly shit! So it was supposed to be Dicks long lost brother?! That could actually work because his childhood hasn't been obsessively masturbated over by generations of writers like Bruce's was! Fuuuuuuuck the Nu52! I've been hating Snyder for years and it wasn't his fault!
>>
>>82017013
Yeah. Basically take Nightwing out of Night of Owls and replace Batman with DickBats and that's more or less how it would've originally read.
>>
File: batman6.jpg (1 MB, 3056x1719) Image search: [Google]
batman6.jpg
1 MB, 3056x1719
Remove entirely:
>Duke
>Harper
>Luke Fox
>Damian

Jason should have stayed dead, Barbara should have stayed crippled, Kate can just stay her own thing.

I'm indifferent about Cass and Steph but shit like Red Robin or Black Bat where there's a Robin-esque "previous title holder is still basically the same superhero and makes a new persona" seems cheap and derivative of Dick, so I would say just one or the other can be Batgirl.

So:
>Bruce
>Alfred
>Dick (Nightwing)
>Tim (Robin)
>Babs (Oracle)
>Steph/Cass?

>Lucius helps out sometimes
>>
I wouldn't.
>>
Have Oracle and the Birds of Prey be entirely their own thing.

Bruce, Dick on/off with the Totans and Damian as Robin main family setup, with Alfred. No Lucious Fox, he's entirely redundant since Bruce is embezzling from WayneTech anyways.

Red Robin is out leading the Teen Titans West or something, Bruce couldn't be a good father to him blah blah. Jason running around as Red Hood, got thrown out of Gotham because guns r bad.

Catwoman does her song and dance but doesn't know who Bats is because that's retarded. On/off teamup with Bats and the Birds of Prey.

Jim Gordon no longer knows Bats is Bruce (has suspicions though), Barbara had a short stint as Batgirl before TKJ and is now Oracle.

Bring Azrael back, have him be the tether between Bats and the more magical nonsense in Gotham. Have Bruce be largely ignorant or incompatible with magic users aside from knowing Zatanna to keep him grounded and de-powered.

Blüdhaven is the stomping grounds of the lesser vigilantes like Creeper, Dick sometimes knocks heads there.

The other Robins and Batgirls and such didn't happen. Maybe bring back Cassandra Cain as a side thing but make her a unique character, not Batgirl #X. Batwoman and Turbolesbian Renée Montoya can still be a thing, but it's clear she's just imitating Batman and Renée is on/off Birds of Prey when working with Question (BoP could be a revolving lineup anyways)

Everyone else, unless I've forgotten something, is fairly unimportant. Maybe have Inc./Brave&Bold/Outsiders setup still be a thing but it should be self-contained.
>>
File: 1460675369074.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1476) Image search: [Google]
1460675369074.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1476
>>82001328

As long as they keep Batwoman, love her.
>>
>Batman
>Alfred
>Nightwing
>Robin
>Oracle

das it mane
>>
(Year - event)
1 - Bruce becomes Batman at around the age of 25, GCPD are corrupt and attack him, Gordon is captain and is trying to clean up the dept, most Gothamites consider Batman a myth, Bruce has run ins with characters like Joker, Hugo Strange, Catwoman, etc
2 - Gordon makes headway on cleaning up GCPD, becomes commissoner by end of year, Dent incident happens, Dick becomes Robin (age 12), Batman starts to be considered matter of fact and Gordon is actively working with him as is the rest of the GCPD
3-6 - Basic batman and robin adventures with lots of key rogues gallery villains - classic batman
7 - Babs (17) becomes batgirl
8 - Dick becomes nightwing, Bruce takes on Jason Todd (age 12)
9 - Babs is crippled and becomes Oracle, Jason dies
10 - Bats goes a bit nutty for a bit before Tim (12) tracks him down and becomes Robin
11 - Knightfall
12 - contagion, legacy, cataclysm, no mans land, cass (14) becomes batgirl. Jason is resurrected
13 - Damian (12) is introduced, final crisis and "death" of Bruce wayne, battle for the cowl (dick becomes batman, damian robin, steph (15) becomes batgirl, tim becomes red robin)
14 - bruce returns as batman and takes damian on as robin, batman inc. starts
other - Batwoman operates outside of the batfamily imo.
>>
Alfred, Batman and Robin (preferably Dick). Maybe Batgirl, but she's not necessary.
Anybody else can get fucked.
>>
>>82019054
>Bruce creates the Joker well before Gordon becomes Commissioner
The fuck? Other than that it's a good timeline, but having the police still acting against Batman removes Bruce's responsibility for what happened to turn the man in the Red Hood into Joker.
>>
>>82019404
Yeah it's not perfect and I agree with your assessment. Make it that he has his encounter with Red Hood in year 1 and then the Joker after Gordon is commissioner.
>>
>>82019476
Sounds good. And work Arkham Asylum's events in there, before Bruce meets Robin maybe, as a kind of Monomythic trial for Batman to finally prove that he's NOT crazy. Also sets the precedent for Joker to decide to try and turn Gordon crazy in TKJ since he failed with Bats.
>>
>>82019569
That seems fair. Before the Dent incident perhaps? I like to go with the Long Halloween story of Robin and Batman.
>>
>>82019054
Just to clarify

Babs is older than dick, and they are both 7&6 years older than Jason, Jason spends five years dead, so Superboy punch universal retcon to keep him his actual age or does he come back at 13? Dick is 19 when Tim becomes robin? Cass and steph both become same age batgirls concurrently? Talia banged Bruce the first year he started out?

Honestly your time line probably works best if Batman Inc. is end game, I just wanted some clarifications.
>>
Kill Bruce permanently
DickBats and Damian
Make Jason a villain again and Dick's anti-thesis
Ship Babs and Kate off to the Birds of Prey with Canary, Huntress, Hawk and Dove; Holly and Dawn
Have Cass and Katana join the League of Shadows
Stop using Tim and Steph and let them fade into obscurity
Make Harper or Duke Jason's "Robin" and kill the other
Kill Luke.
>>
>>82018323
This. Though I really couldn't give less of a shit about Barbara, Steph, or Cass. Especially the latter two.

Have a Robin, have Dick as Nightwing. Though I've pretty much always preferred Batman solo save for Alfred.
>>
>>82019621
No, Arkham Asylum requires Bats to have had a couple years' work accrueing the Rogue's Gallery. Maybe push Bats meeting Robin to Year 4 or so and have Arkham Asylum happen near the end of Year 3, since that gives enough time to establish the Rogues Gallery, Gordon as Comissioner, and Bats has enough time to internalize his fear of Insanity.
Plus, him going through Arkham Asylum and actualizing his sanity ties well into Robin's effects on him, making him more of a human. Also sets him up to be ready to join the Justice League later.
>>
>>82019708
I always got the impression Babs and Dick were the same age?
I intended that Dick becomes Nightwing at about 18 (which I know wasn't the case originally because he was with the Titans while Robin and at university, but fuck it) and therefore Jason is 6 years younger than Dick. I had to squeeze in Jason's resurrection. Ideally it would have been 5 years later but I wanted it to be before Final Crisis. This meant he was 16 at resurrection and 18 by the time of Bruce's return. I'm more or less ignoring Superboy Prime in this, I'm not intending it as comprehensive, but a more consistent alternative if I were to prune things.
Is there an issue with Dick and Tim's age? I have to squeeze things down so that Batman isn't too old. I'll admit that I'm not 100% sure about Cass's age but I intended that Steph and Tim be the same age. I intended for Damien to be about the same age as the other Robin's when they started, which in the context of Final Crisis and Battle for the Cowl, worked out nicely with year 1 when Bats has his encounted with early Batman villains - so why not?
Batman inc wasn't really the end game, so much as flash point is (which resets everything after that point).
Note that I left out some major stuff like War Games, like I said, have to compress things.
>>
>>82019777
That's possible but kind of fucks up Dick's age a little. Like I said, it's far from perfect.
>>
>>82019912

Bab's and dick are usually the same age, and there was nothing wrong with Tim's age. Just wanted some clarifications. Thanks.
>>
>>82001328
Make Babs Oracle again but don't cripple her. Just have her make the decision that she could do more good as a hacker or working from behind the scenes. If she NEEDS to go out in the field again, it's always possible, but she should come to the realization that she's vastly more helpful on the cyber scene than as a physical crime fighter.

Keep Lucious Fox. He's barely part of the family as it is.

Retire Tim, if I HAD to. Of all the Robins, he is probably the most likely to.

Give Cass a new separate identity, like Dick did with Nightwing. An all new superhero identity, with no previous connections to any past heroes.

Do the same with Kate Kane.

Don't know about the others.

>>82001545
I never got how the 'Superfam' never caught on like the Bat-senpai.

You already have all those, plus Steel, Natasha Irons, and other periphery characters like Traci13 and Mon-El.

They should absolutely be a 'Superfamily'.
>>
Nothing wrong with batfamily, but it's ridiculous how many operate in Gotham.
Batman - Gotham
Dick - Bludhaven
Jason - Wherever the wind takes him I gues
Tim - Titans
Babs - Oracle, Gotham
Steph - Batgirl, Gotham
Cass - See Jason
Kate - like someone else said, maybe New York or New Jersey or some shit
Damian - with Bruce
Also, OP forgot Huntress and Birds of Prey.
>>
>>82001328

Keep.

Alfred. Bruce. Dick. Barbara.

Dick gets tortured by the Joker, only to snap and kill him. Bruce drops Barabara out of fear the same thing happens. Batman solos Gotham, grows old and can't keep up.

~20 years later

Terry
>>
File: 14.jpg (785 KB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
785 KB, 1988x3056
>>82020179

What really makes the bat family a thing is that Bruce adopted most of them and they have relationships with each other and not just Batman, especially the Robins as brothers.

I'm not a big Superman guy, do his people have that or to each other are they all just people who also know Superman?
>>
>>82020430
Gross.
>>
>>82020261
Gotham literally IS New York. New York was called Gotham at some points in the 20s which is when the earliest scenes of classic Bats being a kid are set.

Besides, DC using real city names is silly. New Jersey or whatever is basically Blüdhaven.
>>
>>82020632
Then what is metropolis? And how is Static located in New York?
I always saw it as Metropolis>New York> New Jersey > Gotham > Opal > Washington DC
They more or less make up a megalopolis.
>>
Outside of Bruce?
Alfred is in of course
Lucious is alfred but he's basically the guy who oversees all of waynes businesses and makes sure he's represented in all things in the business world.

Keep Nightwing, He's off in bludhaven kicking ass and taking names. Occasionally shows up to kick ass and take names.

Keep Damian, but he's the result of a forgotten trist between Bats and Talia al Ghul not a rape baby. Shows up on his doorstep one day in a red x styled costume and fights batman to prove himself.

Jason is out. No use for him.

Tim is in. He makes sense as a teen robin that is getting too old for it and goes off with the teen titans as red robin.

Oracle is a bit older then Dick and became Oracle after killing joke. She can walk now, but needs a cane(cue bad ass canefu) and chooses to remain as the oracle.

Batgirl Cass is her terry mcginnis, Steph is the comic relief batgirl who has some talent.

Everyone else is out.
>>
>>82005325
That's the fault of the writers not having any talent. All of those characters have character, they're just too fucking lazy to show it.
>>
>>82021172
I agree with you, but in all fairness any character can be good with the right writers.
>>
>>82021010
Gordon knows bruce is batman and his daughter is oracle but never hints at it because he'd put them all in danger.

Catwoman...replaced by hunttress. Catwoman has to go now. She's been too fucked

Ras al Ghul is a rarely appearing bad ass. Keep him mysterious and infrequently used.

That's it.
>>
>>82005830
Cass was considered good enough at the Batman stuff to be a part of the Justice League (Elite, which was just their way of dealing with shadier incidents quietly), and sh'es literally always dealt with metahumans, because she is a dangerous enough combatant to do it.
>>
>>82021313
I haven't read much Catwoman lately? What's wrong with her?
>>
>>82021208
I disagree, I've seen some characters who were so trash, the best writers in the industry could only get them up to being 'not repugnant'.
>>
>>82021370
The thing that marks her as a character was basically thrown in in comics in favor of making her....know the character that moss plays in the jessica jones? Give her a whip, hate on for batman, nonsensical relationship to the mob as a mob lady(is that the correct term for a female mob boss?) and a vaguely legal asian girl to fuck that took up the catwoman mantle. That's who she was for a lot o' years.

Plus bitches hate hot nubile slinky women in cat suits.

Hunttress's entire thing is that she was a mob princess who became a super heroine to stop the mob because of how bad it was and is considered a bad ass in her own right.

Far more compelling character, name is fairly marketable and costume is far more flexible.
>>
>>82020261
>Tim- Titans
No.
>>
>>82001328
I would prune all of them, Gotham, and every villain from DC entirely and give them their own universe.
>>
>>82001328
Have Tim, Steph, Cass, Harper, and Luke fuck off in some plane from where their stories can't be told
Kill of Damian and Duke
Kate becomes a drug addict and is mauled by bears
>>
>>82021704
What's your problem with Kate?
>>
>>82020261
>Tim - Titans
None of that shit, no more.
Unless it's preflash Tim suddenly appearing, trying to get in contact with batman only to run into preflash Superman and have them live together while Tim tries to figure out the fucking mess the Titans are at the moment.
Tim has no business being anywhere near the titans.
>>
>>82020578
Jason's sweater vest is so bad
>>
>>82021548
>>82021819
I'm not reading post new 52 Titans. What's the problem?
>>
>>82021815
She carries the bat logo but doesn't relate with the batfamily in any way. I want her to get the proper treatment of working alone in a universe where men can turn to clay and shape themselves into any form to take out their opponent.
>>
>>82021850
That's Dick and his dad isn't it?
>>
>>82022240
That clearly Jason, Tim and Dick
>>
I'm still triggered that they make Jason wear a bat symbol.
>>
>>82022349
Well he's working it out, even if it's not with Bruce.
I think that became a default thing for everyone except Tim Dick and Damian to wear a bat Symbol.
>>
>>82022240
Shit sorry, I just read sweater and thought you were talking about the kid at the top of the page.
Yeah not sure what they were going for with that costume design.
>>
>>82022316
>>82022418
>Meant to reply to, I really need to go to sleep
>>
Bruce - Batman
Alfred
Damien - Robin
Dick - Nightwing
Babs - Batgirl
Jason - Red Hood

BONUS ROUND:

Throw Catwoman in there as an unofficial/guest member of the family when need be.

Retire/kill off/write off literally everyone else.
>>
>>82022240
That's more then likely Teen Dick and Young Jason as a representation for them when they show the older versions next to it, then the right of Tim and Dick looking at Jason's suit.
>>
Uh, Batman, Robin and Alfred. Why the fuck do you need more than that?
>>
>>82006559

Fuck you.

I'm surprised at how many Joker hating faggots there are on /co/.
>>
>ITT: people who have never read batman shit on anyone who isn't prominent in non-comic batman
>>
>>82022542
That's not good, anon you should read more batman comics.
>>
>>82022408
>default thing except for everyone but Jason
durrrrrr
Jason's design is dogshit, from the bat symbol to the current mask. Original UtRH Jason was stellar.
>>
>>82022542

>People hating new characters
>A new trend

Honestly though, this time they are justified because this new characters are kinda stretching the time line to the point of insanity.
>>
I miss the old red robin suit from Kingdom Come.
New one is generic as fuck.
>>
>>82018323
fucking perfect, having too many members in the batfamily is just autistic
>>
>>82022624
I was including the non-dick and non-babs batgirl in that. They are hardly new.
>>
>>82022591

Yeah, but his face-less smooth mask is too hard for bad writers and artists to work with.

How can you convey his emotions with just body language and dialouge, it's impossible!
>>
>>82001328
Get rid of them all and have Alfred become Batman.
>>
>>82001328
>Bruce
>Alfred
>Dick
>Barbara
>Cass
>Kate
>Damian
>>
File: marcus-to-red-robin-6.jpg (729 KB, 999x1594) Image search: [Google]
marcus-to-red-robin-6.jpg
729 KB, 999x1594
>>82022640
Right? The suit was awesome and it actually had a meaning to wear it.
Holy Fuck they ruined a good suit.
>>
>>82022691
With speech bubbles and atmosphere. It's easy, jason could literally think in his head the words to put emotion into a situation
>>
>>82021704
kill tim
>>
Bring back Batman Inc. for starters

Bruce - Batman of the World, handles League stuff
Dick and Damian - Dynamic Duo of Gotham
Tim - Bruce's Robin, works with the League of Assassins
Jason - Trying to redeem himself as Wingman
Barbara - In the wheelchair, Oracle
Cass - Leads the Outsiders
Steph - Batgirl
Kate - Batwoman, dealing with magical stuff
Catwoman - Bruce's primary love interest, just does what she always does
Duke - He walks away from the cape life
Harper - She dies at the hands of Joker, gets revived like Jason, but then dies again seconds later
>>
>>82022891
Oh (You)~
>>
>>82022952
This is very solid.
>>
>>82022952
>but then dies again seconds later
kek
>Wingman
I'm down with that
>League Tim
How do you propose Ra's build an unhealthy obsession with him when this Tim has never had the record he had before the reboot?
>>
>>82022952
I like it, especially
Bruce - Batman of the World, handles League stuff
Dick and Damian - Dynamic Duo of Gotham
>>
>>82023036
>How do you propose Ra's build an unhealthy obsession with him when this Tim has never had the record he had before the reboot?
We just ignore New 52 Tim's history
>>
File: Reta.jpg (54 KB, 310x480) Image search: [Google]
Reta.jpg
54 KB, 310x480
>>82023101
BRILLIANT!
Welp, let's get started on Rolling back Tim to his previous state.
>>
>>82023101
I have honestly been doing this day one of New 52
>>
>>82021880
Everything.
>>
>>82023101
>>82023195
What is his new 52 backstory?
>>
>>82022952
The concept was okay behind Wingman, but jesus fuck, that name is actually worse than Red Robin.
>>
>>82023273
His parents loved the shit out of him and he ruined it for everyone by fucking around with the penguin. He got them put into Witness Protection and then time skips to him being a shitty professor X with the titans. Then Damian dies and the motherfucker has the gall to hallucinate him like he's still mentally unstable from losing everyone close to him when that never happened to him.
He was "Never" Robin except when he was
>>
>>82023296
Just you wait till a Buffalo Wing chain with that name opens up across america, then it'll grow on you.
>>
>>82023342
This is why I am so critical of DC as a company despite loving the DC universe.
How do you fuck up like this?
>>
>>82023342
Don't forget Tim Drake isn't his real name, the Drakes were just some working class family, he was an Olympic level athlete before he even met Bruce, and Tim never figured out who Bruce was. Bruce literally adopted Tim AS Batman and then revealed who he was when they got in the cave.

Also he made Tim Robin because there was literally no other choice for him.

And Raven raped him.
>>
File: please.png (279 KB, 887x848) Image search: [Google]
please.png
279 KB, 887x848
>>82023442
>>82023342
there are no words for my rage
>>
>>82023392
Just thinking about it again is giving me a headache. The entire problem with the batfam being rebooted like this is that alot of the characters had something to do with him specifically and rebooting him as such frees those characters from an origin constraint.

Cass connecting with Tim after initially joining the Family, Steph being an identity with Tim's stories who grew to be something more. Even the entirety of the Teen Titans had to be remade because Young Justice never happened and those were basically the formative years of those character's lives. That's literally where they learned to be an actual team.
>>
>>82023442
That fucking shit where Tim, instead of being a timid fan and saying "You need a Robin", says arrogantly "You need me"

Like fuck off Tim, you didn't even know about Dick and go to him to ask him to go back to Batman.
>>
>>82022487
I agree, but keep Lucius.
>>
>>82022673

Well that is also true, but at the same time people are cutting them because their role has been replaced/shrunk to the point where it's just easier to ignore them.

Let's go bare basics and use the movies as what the average person knows of batman.

You have Batman and Alfred. Some of them know Robin is a thing.

So when it comes to bare essential bat family you get Batman and Alfred. Dick can squeeze in as robin. Fox Senior gets some points for the Nolan trilogy.

Next tier we have the cartoon group who saw batman as kids. Now we can add in one batgirl. It goes to Barbara.

So that still leaves Jason, Tim, Stephen, Cass, and Damian for Batgirl/Robin spots. And that brings us to the next tier. Video game adaptations.

Tim and Jason are in. The recent Arkham games brought them both front and center. Kate and Cass both get very minor easter egg appearances, so no credit for them.

Now we have everyone else who shows up in the animated films. Damian and Kate.

Now we have, ironically, the least important group of fans; The comic readers.

So with that in formula let's break down why people choose what.

Dick- Universal first pick. It's Dick, the first robin, everyone wants him.

Barbara- High tier pick. She kinda sucks up some of batman's "detective" mantle as the oracle, but very few keep her as Batgirl.

Jason. The second Robin. Controversial pick due to his Red Hood Persona being kinda boring and under used. Still his death is semi important in the Bat mythos, so you see him picked a lot, but then either kept dead or turned into a villain.

Tim. The Robin to replace Jason. Has a fan base, but I honestly can't say why. Tim fans seem to love him and hate the Robins who come before and after. He gets picked in place of Jason/Damian, but everyone else seems to just want him to fade, very little middle ground.

Steph. A Tim accessory. No Tim, no steph.

Cont.
>>
File: 1663916-titanshug.jpg (131 KB, 960x873) Image search: [Google]
1663916-titanshug.jpg
131 KB, 960x873
>>82023498
Remember this? Young Justice reunites, bonds stronger then ever? This is how Tim leaves off.
This never happened and none of it mattered.
Knowing that alone made me depressed when I found out N52 titans never met before.
>>
>>82023808

Cass. Her role in the bat family as a reformed Assassin. Usually loses that spot for Damian, who plays the role of "Legit Son", can sometimes find a spot if "Batgirl" is still open.

Kate. Barely Bat-family. Fills a free spot as she doesn't conflict with anyone else's role. Usually gets a free pass.

Damian. Current canon Robin. Fights with Tim for that spot. Conflicts with Cass for "killer" role. Unliked by some who view him as a cunt.

Luscious. Takes up an interesting slot. "Who fills up the Bat-Mobile's tire?". Helps move away questions of where does Batman get all these toys? Free slot.

Duke. Luke. Harper. To new for any fans yet. Fans are still arguing over the roles they are being pushed into. Expect them to be killed by almost everyone.

Op forgot Terry, Huntress, Harold, and some even more obscure peeps

Based on how many slots open determines who gets picked.
>>
>>82023866
>Gotham got jealous and erased all of them from history with Flashpoint
>>
>>82023808
Batgirl was in the Adam West series and one of the Schumacher films.
>>
>>82023918

The bad Schumacher film and the show is to old.

I also didn't include her appearance in the old Sega batman game. Or injustice, but she was dlc in that.
>>
>>82020578
>I'm not a big Superman guy, do his people have that or to each other are they all just people who also know Superman?
Some of them are actually directly related to Superman though or share a connection with him.

Otherwise, they could still play up the closeness of the Superfamily or Team Superman without them all having to be related to one another. Always wanted to see more of that.
>>
>>82023918
And Tim was in BTAS and he's Robin in Lego Batman.
>>
>>82023979
A lot of people are familiar with batwoman and batgirl. Not so much our modern babs or Kate, but the classics. The same way they know there is 'a' robin - its the costume and the name, not the character.
>>
>>82023866
Thinking about how much they fucked up Young Justice as a whole makes my blood boil.
>>
Batman
Alfred
Dick
Tim
Babs

Have never cared about the others, Jason was only ever good in Under the Red Hood, Damian should have stayed dead.
>>
>>82023808
>>82023868
I believe the Tim fan thing comes down to characters attacking other character and the fans taking it too far.
I am an avid fan of Robin in general but I do favor Tim because that's who I grew up with.
That said Jason was a very bad Robin while Damian has a lot of potential to grow into.

They attacked my boy tho!

I like Tim taking up the mantle of the "failed" Robin and going on his own to follow his convictions no matter how crazy it was. Dick made a good batman and damian really plaed well into that dynamic. Jason coming in and making amends with everyone, even Tim after the two muder attempts made me want to invest in his character as well.

I'd like the 4 main robins to exist in some way, but prefer dc not mess around with their established relationships and histories.
>>
>>82023988

Was Tim in BTAS? I thought they kept him nameless? Tough the Lego games sluot my mind completely.

>>82024016
I would argue that Robin is way more known in pop culture than Batgirl, by a major degree.
>>
>>82024109
But why would you say that? Robin was in one of the Schumacher films. He was referenced in the Dark Knight Rises.
Otherwise, why is he such a bigger deal than batgril?
>>
File: cake.gif (366 KB, 300x198) Image search: [Google]
cake.gif
366 KB, 300x198
>>82024109
It was Tim in BTAS after Dick became nightwing. Atleast they kept that continuity straight.
>>
>>82024191
>that tit
>>
File: image.jpg (294 KB, 900x701) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
294 KB, 900x701
>>82024109
Dick was the first Robin, then he became Nightwing. When they added in Barbara, they also added in Tim. He was attacked, tortured, and Brainwashed into becoming Joker, Jr, killed the Joker, but had a mind control chip implanted which made him think he was the Joker by the time Terry came around in Beyond, hence Return of the Joker.

He was also Robin in season 2 of Young Justice.
>>
>>82024181
Because it's "Batman and 'Robin.'"

If you know Mario, you know Luigi
If you know Bugs, you know Daffy and Elmer

If you know Batman you know Robin and Joker.
>>
>>82024221
Honestly it was Tim in name only. He had Jason's personality while, funnily enough, Dick was basically Tim Drake at a later age. The only thing he had in common with Dick Grayson was becoming Nightwing and his origin story,
>>
I kinda wish they made Tim Flamebird.
>>
>>82024181

Because Robin has like 100 parodies. Almost every batman parody or homage has a robin. I honestly don't think I have seen a batgirl parody or homage. Don't ask me how pop culture works. At one point more people knew the Macarena compared to the amount of people who knew the dart orbits the sun.

>>82024266
>>82024181
I should give the cartoons another go, it's been like a decade since I saw them and Netflix keeps telling me I will like it. Do they still hold up, even if it's just for someone who likes batman?
>>
>>82024221

>Not liking torpedo fits

It's almost like you didn't grow up in the 60's. What are you? Gay?
>>
>>82024382
>Does BTAS hold up
They are amazing in that as you get old you Yeah they held up really well.

To me anyway.
>>
>>82024382
Yes, they still hold up.

You should also watch Young Justice. The first season is kind of meh because they can't stop throwing in catchphrases and vocal tics, but they remove them entirely in season 2. Nightwing also plays an integral role in season 2.
>>
>>82024382
I'm trying to watch it again now. I honestly don't get the hype, although I don't know if it gets better past season 1. I was too young for it, or at least maybe it didn't air on free TV in my country or something. It's not that great to be honest.
>>
>>82024361
Could you imagine the fanfiction of that shit?
With either Jason or Damian taking up the Vohc mantle?
>>
>>82024491
Season 1 is kind of hit and miss, but the show finds its legs in season 2.
>>
>>82024513
I can't really see it with them. Maybe Damian after he gets a closer relationship with Jon. But as it is, it really only works with Tim and Dick because they branched out from Batman and have close ties to Clark and Kon.
>>
>>82024580
No no I mean the bit where someone close has to betray and kill them.
>>
>>82024667
Ah. Damian, maybe, thinking that Tim is competition and then realizing after the fact that there's no reason for it. Would have been good fodder for a League story but I think he's kind of over the al Ghuls at this point.
>>
>Bruce will never be allowed to pass the mantle on
>Dick will never take over as Batman fulltime
>We'll never get Batman in Bethlehem
>Damian will never mentor Terry
>One Million never
>>
>>82024795
Tim could do the thing dick does and be hard pressed into joining the league.
Then it becomes a thing where Dick is trying to get him back and Damian is trying dissuade him which culminates in Tim and Damian fighting inside of a burning blown out league compound.
>>
>>82024859
Suddenly! A flashpoint happens and Wally comes back going "I saw how everything was bad and I undid it."
>>
>>82019054
Knight fall is neat but then you have to deal with jean paul.
>>
>The Robins randomly rotate between issues.
>There's never any real explanation for why there's only one Robin around at any given time, and no reference to there being more Robins is ever made.
>The Robin of the Week carries all knowledge of past issues as if they were there and Batman knows this so he never has to tell Robin what happened last week
>Sometimes Robins rotate during a cliffhanger. For example, at the end of the issue, Robin is tied up. In the next issue, a different Robin is tied up.
That's the ultimate solution. All of the short-lived fan favorite Robins like Cass can all get their due screentime.
>>
>>82025344
>>Sometimes Robins rotate during a cliffhanger. For example, at the end of the issue, Robin is tied up. In the next issue, a different Robin is tied up.
>Issue ends with Damian held hostage
>Next issue opens with Tim freeing himself
>Issue ends with Steph dying
>>
>>82025344
No
>>
>>82025344
No.
>>
>>82025400
>Starts with them having a funeral for Dick.
>Suddenly ends with Carrie Kelley digging out of the grave.
>>
The main idea is to go full Shakespeare here and focus on the family conflict.
Sides are taken due to the emotional and pragmatkc ineffectiveness of their center: Batman.

-Heroes-
Nightwing
Red Robin
Batgirl

-Villains-
Red Hood
Black Bat
Damian Wayne

Batwoman would serve as the outsider looking into the issues of each side and how they are allowing themselves to be controlled by their own bias, emotions and physical exhaustion.

The premise lies after years of Batman being active Gotham hasn't gotten any better. Bruce is close to 45~50, as he reminisces on how the city is now rid of gangsters but now suffering from cultists and metahuman psychos, his own family has carved Gotham attemptint to isolate each problem on their own.

Nightwing tries to do solo, but attempts to aid all of the others because he wants to reunite them.
Red Robin dons a closer Bird of Prey motif, but wants evil afraid like his mentor.
Batgirl is playing two sides: police spy and reporting to Commissioner Barbara Gordon.

Jason has lost it, his violent nature leading to an almost an almost suicidal attitude with little regard to his life.
Black Bat has broken her slice lf Gotham. She doesn't scare, she breaks apart.
Damian is in control of the League of Assassins and sees Gotham as poison. He wants to relocate the entire city into Haven, the new futurostic city he plans to rule over and burn Gotham to the ground.

The main focus is to showcase how both sides view Batman as a hero and as a criminal.
The good side will accuse him of putting children in danger, and breaking any sanity apart from the world by making Bruce Wayne a mask.
The villains will thank him for saving their lives and giving them a chance to be good, even lf they didn't chose it and how many times he has saved Gotham.

The Joker Bomb comes into play as the sick last joke after it is revealed Jason kills him and the story follows Gothamites and their heroes trying to find it before the Joker Virus hits them all.

Part 1.
>>
>>82026945

Part 2.

The twist? There is no bomb.
Joker's last laugh is just to strain things so much he thinks Batman will die alone and forgotten and Gotham much worse than before.

But good nature triumphs in the end. Black Bat stops Jason from killing himself as he reaches breaking point. Seeing his suffering Bruce promises to stop and get the help he needs to have mental stability himself. He vows to never be Batman again.
Dick admits his own flaw: He's desperate for love which would explain his womanizing as he doesn't want to end up like Bruce. Stephanie asks Damian to make Gotham the Haven the world needs, to take the harder path because its worh it. Damian reveals what broke the family to begin with:

Alfred's death.

Batwoman becomes the voice of reason for all and continues to protect Gotham alongside the rest.
Herself accepting a non-lethal approach because it is the right thing to do.

That's pretty much how I would do it.
>>
>>82026945
No.
Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.