[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The worst part of comics for me is starting a series then 6 issues
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: background[1].jpg (99 KB, 633x537) Image search: [Google]
background[1].jpg
99 KB, 633x537
The worst part of comics for me is starting a series then 6 issues in they change the artist to someone drastically worse and he just fails to keep the style that pulled me in the first place.

Why do they do this shit?

Pic related, shit looked so cool before the art change.
>>
They either don't have the sales to justify keeping them on the book, or the artist just has other projects that they'd rather do.
>>
File: 1459011912752.jpg (93 KB, 456x386) Image search: [Google]
1459011912752.jpg
93 KB, 456x386
it's somewhat justifiable when a arc is done but when they do it in mid arc is probably the worse thing /co/ related I can think of.
>>
>corporate-owned comic where the good artist is slow, so they're replaced with a bad artist who can work faster
>creator-owned comic where the good artist is slow, so the comic goes on hiatus until they finish the next few issues
Pick one.
>>
>>82001873
The latter happens with the big 2 too though, don't you remember Aja and Hawkeye?
>>
>>82001108
>>82001248
Moore left because he was on contract to Luthor Strode
>>
>>82001108
Working on the same comics for years on end is kind of a big commitment, and it's not really worth it when it's work for hire. This shit just doesn't pay enough. You can't really blame an artist if they just want to do something else, because that something else might very well pay better.
It also might be that they can't keep up the pace. A lot of artists end up struggling, and even if they can keep up the pace for a while, they can't keep it up forever. Especially if they're needing to do other work on the side simultaneously to make up for how little it pays.

At the end of the day, capeshit is a business first, it's all about churning out licensed content, so an artist being good comes second to being able to meet deadlines.
>>
>>82001873

Picking the second in a heartbeat, as long as the issues are eventually finished and not canned.

A late comic is only late once. A bad comic is bad forever.
>>
>>82001873
>>creator-owned comic where the good artist is slow, so the comic goes on hiatus until it's stealth cancelled and never shows up again

Fixed.
>>
>>82001993
>on contract
No.

He's the co-creator of Luther Strode, not some hired pen.

He prioritizes Luther Strode over other projects because that's where his passion lies, that's his life.
>>
File: bfkjl.jpg (37 KB, 620x214) Image search: [Google]
bfkjl.jpg
37 KB, 620x214
>>82001873
A bad and shittily done comic is that way forever, even if it took less than a month to make.

also this shit has actually fucked up comics, in The Walking Dead the artist after Tony Moore's first few issues apparently didn't get the memo that Amy and Andrea are separate characters and Andrea has looked like her dead sister ever since.
>>
File: Miriya_throws_baby2.gif (378 KB, 285x203) Image search: [Google]
Miriya_throws_baby2.gif
378 KB, 285x203
>>82002030
it's not really the artist to blame it's more the editors/company that don't hire for more issues to be done or actually look for equally talented artist.
>>
>>82002249
>Nonchalantly throwing a baby
>moving out of the way after it's thrown and caught
Is this part of their characters or is it just anime being anime?
>>
>>82002145
>tfw Andrea could've stayed a qt
>>
>>82002331
>implying
Not with Adlard as artist.
>>
>>82002249
I think the family is from another planet and their bone density is alot thicker.

the guy is just slow.
>>
>>82001108
Realistically you shouldn't have expected Moore to stay on the book longer than an arc. He has other shit to do. It's not like the comic book companies decide to switch it up.
>>
>>82002399
Good point.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.