[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Jungle Book
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: khan-senpai.gif (2 MB, 500x480) Image search: [Google]
khan-senpai.gif
2 MB, 500x480
Hey, /co/. Can we have a thread about the last film with Walt's input, speculations on Bill Peet's original version, how it compares to the CG/live action remake, and so forth? (and probably, how Milt Kahl was a hack and whatnot; that always ends up happening)
>>
File: bungle-hook.jpg (410 KB, 1580x880) Image search: [Google]
bungle-hook.jpg
410 KB, 1580x880
>>81996075
Also, does anybody know if a non-cropped version with the original 1.33:1 fullscreen ratio is available anywhere?
>>
Disney Book is shit.
>>
>>81996081
Well, for the 2 format of the widescreen and full screen of the jungle book were better and I don't care.
>>
he ruined me
>>
>>81996772
Well, now we have two perfect snakes in each version.
>>
>>81996728
um, what?
>>
File: 1460629299428.gif (769 KB, 585x430) Image search: [Google]
1460629299428.gif
769 KB, 585x430
>>81996792
>tfw you will never be hypnotised and eaten by a snake
>>
>>81996075
Can we talk about how a lost boy raised for several years by animals should not be wearing any little britches?

I mean, can we? Once upon a time we could, and it was good.
>>
>>81996792
Kaa in the live action version was pretty meh. Didn't have any of the charm of the original.

Maybe in the sequel.

Maybe she'll hypnotize Shanti.
>>
File: George-Sanders.jpg (337 KB, 1676x2048) Image search: [Google]
George-Sanders.jpg
337 KB, 1676x2048
It's weird as fuck growing up watching JB and then seeing George Sanders pop up in another movie. They captured his features so well.
>>
That's a sexy little girl.
>>
File: dance.jpg (27 KB, 619x347) Image search: [Google]
dance.jpg
27 KB, 619x347
>>81997504
I thought he was played by (and based on) a time-travelling Charles Dance
>>
>>81997469
I always assumed that was some kind of filth crust
>>
>>81996772
...me too anon

>tfw have somewhat normal, healthy and active sex life
>despite having a 9/10 gf and owning own place, i still have the unbearable urge to fap to vore at least once a week

Doesn't matter if its furry or human anymore desu. My fetish frustates and vexes me
>>
>>81997599
Bagheera pulls the little britches off Mowgli when he's trying to drag him to the village. They're just pants. Mowgli puts them back on. There's a scene where King Louie picks him up by the seat too. Apparently it's okay to show Mowgli's naked butt for a couple of scenes, but not the whole movie.
>>
>>81997501
There was litterally no point to having Kaa in the movie. Scar Jo did a great voice but her role was utterly pointless
>>
>>81998880

It was more acceptable for movies (especially animated movies) to be more episodic back in the day. Modern audiences really don't have any tolerance for it which this and The Hobbit movies both really suffered from.

You can tell Favreau struggled with fitting a series of short stories that aren't intended to be in any order into a modern three act film structure. Kaa explains Mowgli's origin to him because... it''s necessary for the plot to movie forward. Louie tells Mowgli Khan killed the father wolf because... it''s necessary for the plot to movie forward. etc.
>>
>and probably, how Milt Kahl was a hack and whatnot
what
>that always ends up happening
WHAT. He was just a fucking good animator, what do people have against him?
>>
>>81996075
Russian cartoon is better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIOo6oKdLCQ
>>
>>81999450
> what do people have against him?
The fact that he is universally considered a great animator, mostly

I've seen plenty of threads in which people shit on his head shake, double bounce walk and other unforgivable, hacky "gimmicks"
>>
>>81999374
But Kaa didnt need to tell him that, could have easily given that to someone else. Louie has a very important part in which he wants to use the tools of man unlike the rest of the cast.
>>
>>82000925
Louie, at least, I can understand. He wanted to rile up Mowgli to make him think Louie was his only chance of stopping Shere Khan. It was a hail mary pass that backfired. Making Kaa an exposition machine diluted her role.

But one thing's for sure: the sequel is going to make the girl into a major character, right?

The jungle's been united. The great threat is gone and Mowgli's reconciled his roots with his family. But throughout the film, man is presented as an otherworldly monster. The only real place to go with the sequel would be reconciling man with nature, and the girl (assuming they don't name her Shanti) as an innocent could go a long way towards that.

Fuck if I know how she'll be able to talk to Mowgli and the animals, though. Maybe Kaa gives her speech powers with her psychic plot abilities.
>>
>>82003175
Sequel will probably have Buldeo as the main threat. If Favreau decides to go "Well we didn't see a body" in regards to Shere Khan, they might even go full out on using the third act of the Bill Peet version as a good chunk of their story outline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFWCNUZtlVo
>>
>>82004529
I'd be down for that. The girl and Mowgli's adoptive parents as examples of man's kindness, gentleness, and nobility, Buldeo as the example of man's greed, ignorance, and violence.
>>
>>81996772
>Have a weird fetish on hypnosis
Just want to have normal fetish like crossdressing but nope.
>>
>>82005093
This.

I've told my fiancee, and it's just... "OK, so, what do we do with this?"
>>
File: 1460942745384.jpg (170 KB, 858x855) Image search: [Google]
1460942745384.jpg
170 KB, 858x855
>>81996772
>>81996925
Listen to what you nutjobs are saying out loud for once, will you?
>>
>>82005214
>My boyfriend and I were talking about fetishes we both had
>I said hypnosis
>he just spends the rest of the night laughing and trying to find out how to pull it off
Even RP it's weird...
>>
So I haven't seen the new film.
Is is pretty much the same as the old Disney cartoon? Or do they change it up some.

ALSO I've never read the original Jungle Book story.
Which was closest? The newest one? The cartoon one? Or the older one from the 50s?
>>
>>81996075
I just watched this last night, for the first time since I was like, 10.

Holy shit, it's good. Animation-wise and story-wise, it's probably one of Disney's best.
>>
>>82005918
It's mostly the same, but with some minor changes. The ending is the biggest change.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.