[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't know if there was a thread for this, so I decided
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 1
I don't know if there was a thread for this, so I decided to make my own. Anyway, the title speaks for itself. Comedy cartoons, especially these days, have a tendency to get screwed over by their networks, whether it's stuff like low ratings, low production costs, idiots from Tumblr running the production, fujos, Korea and so forth. Oh, there's still a few shows like Cocotama and Bakuon that are worth checking out, but many of them if not all of them tend to get poor treatment. The question remains as to what can be done to help comedy cartoons so that we can see them be intelligent again in the future. I am saying networks should take a more intelligent oriented approach but it's not a thread about the reception of those shows. I'm just wondering what can be done so that intelligent comedy cartoons will get better treatment in the industry. I have a few ideas of my own, but I want to open up the discussion thread first.
>>
>>81995511
If you are just talking about money spent, then just start paying slave wages like Japan does
>>
>>81995544
Not all Japanese studios do that however.
>>
minimum wage ruined america
>>
>>81995729
What is the minimum wage over in the u.s anyway
>>
>>81995559
Only most of them.
>>
>>81995511
Holy shit are cartoons really that expensive? Whats the point?
>>
>>81995744
It's not keeping up with inflation, so, too low.
>>
>>81995511
Cocotama and Bakuon are both anime, not American shows.

>>81995544
American shows have many times larger budgets than anime shows per episode, and longer production times. They also outsource all the animation to Korea.
>>
>>81995744
Too low for most american's to make a living.
In most states its like 7.45 USD but some places like colorado and california are trying to raise it to 15 USD by 2020. And that's only because cost of living is so damn high there.
>>
>>81995744
7.75$ federal or so, with many states far above that because it's ridiculously far below liveable.
>>
>>81995511
>Japan spends less than twice the money US does to make twice the content
Japan is the placed that's screwed. Not the US
>>
>>81995808
Sometimes I fear for the American economy then I remember that here in Australia we had a shadow treasurer who dident know the tax free threshold and I just have to wonder with all the problems our country's have which will collapse first.
>>
>>81995744
7.25/hour. chicken feed
>>
>>81995848
Like in America, alot of that money goes to paying the voice actors who are usually A-List celebrities and Idols.
>>
$123 million well spent
>>
>>81995861
Movies might have A-list celebrities, but not TV shows.
>>
>>81995861
meant for
>>81995881
>>
>>81995883
Some TV shows become successful enough to have A-listers as guest voiceactors every other episode like Simpsons and Family Guy
>>
>>81995763
No, only the smaller studios, the larger ones pay over 2000 yen a hour at least.
>>81995814
Still, they are at least interesting.

Japan needs to come back, we will shelter you from the fujos.
>>
>>81995960
Just google average japanese animator wages.
Just because some animators make a decent wage doesn't make up for the majority of them who make fuck all.
>>
>>81995960
What do you mean come back? As for fujoshi and other female otaku, the anime industry isn't trying to run away from them. They are a valuable target demographic.
>>
>>81996076
Holy fucking shit, the ANN article that pops up where they talk about the mean and the mode wages and not the median.

Why get someone so fucking clueless to write a story about statistics?
>>
>>81996076
They only bring up people who work in low key studios, not major ones like TMS.
>>
>>81996104
US shows pay more and the industry is trying to run away from them.

Money is meaningless if everyone hates doing it.
>>
>>81996114
So the animators that get paid fuck all for busting their ass can eat shit because there are other animators out there better off?

Just look at median wages, I've seen figures ranging from low before you even factor in hours worked to virtually slave labour.
>>
>>81996127
Not everyone hates working on shows that female otaku are into. Some of those shows are even made by women.
>>
>>81996161
>So the animators that get paid fuck all for busting their ass can eat barely anything because there are other animators out there better off?
Yes.
>>81996216
Yes, they do.

>Some of those shows are even made by women.
They are far and few between also they hate it too, plus they're all married by Japanese law to avoid single male animators hitting on them.
>>
>>81996267
>Yes, they do.
>They are far and few between also they hate it too
You are projecting your own feelings onto them.

>plus they're all married by Japanese law to avoid single male animators hitting on them.

What?
>>
>>81996298
No, it's fact.

>What?
Japanese law requires all women in the animation industry to be married.
>>
>>81996329
Ok, then prove this fact.

Reminder: you are saying that all people in the anime industry hate working on shows that appeal to female otaku. You have to now prove this claim.

>Japanese law requires all women in the animation industry to be married.
There is no such law.
>>
>>81996360
>There is no such law.
Yes there is, Abe care about his people, unlike Trump.
>>
>>81996385
Prove that this law exists.

While you're at, also provide proof for your claim that every anime professional hates working on anime that appeals to female otaku.
>>
>>81996401
Just stop dude, he's either trolling or tragically stupid.
>>
>>81996401
http://www.pelleas.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=905#p9678

Your welcome.
>>
>>81996419
It's nether.
>>
>>81996450
What am I supposed to be looking at here? How does this prove anything you've said?
>>
>>81996507
>How does this prove anything you've said?

Everything. Thats what.
>>
>>81996583
Where? How? Quote the relevant parts and explain how they prove anything.
>>
>>81996590
Don't do this to yourself man. Don't bite.
>>
Ignore the retard and move on with the topic.

Thank you.
>>
>>81996655
Dude, that person is retarded, please move on with your life.
>>
>>81996655
Misinformation quickly becomes accepted fact if it is not aggressively fought against. Doesn't matter if the person spreading the misinformation is a troll or a mental patient or just ignorant.
>>
>>81996717
SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU STUPID FUCKING DELUSIONAL RETARD!

Now that that is now out of the way, lets get back on topic.
>>
>>81996750
No, I will not shut up. If you post misinformation I will challenge it immediately.
>>
>>81996765
You are the one posting misinformation, not me.
>>
>>81996787
Where have I posted misinformation?
>>
>>81996862
Here.

>>81996590
>>81996655
>>81996717
>>81996765
>>
>>81996882
How is any of that misinformation?

>>81996655 is not my post though and I have no idea why you think it is.
>>
>>81996933
Typo, and what you posted is misinformation.
>>
>>81996987
How is it misinformation? Explain.
>>
>>81997013
I'm still waiting.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.