[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Mjolnir is the most powerful weapon Asgard has, why does Odin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: Odins_sends_Thor.jpg (876 KB, 1161x677) Image search: [Google]
Odins_sends_Thor.jpg
876 KB, 1161x677
If Mjolnir is the most powerful weapon Asgard has, why does Odin use Gungnir?
>>
>>81994712
Because he is not worthy
>>
>>81994784
But it's Odin's magic, which means he can overrule that shit whenever he wants, like he always does when Thor needs a plot point for his comic.
>>
>>81994809
wasnt that mjolnir broken when Thor fought Bor like 7 years ago, then repaired using Thor's own magic?

odin no longer has any power over it
>>
>>81994857
While it was repaired by using some of Thor's life essence, Odin still has control over it - as shown when he allows Jane to continue being 'Thor' and granting her access to Mjolnir.
>>
>>81994907
>as shown when he allows Jane to continue being 'Thor' and granting her access to Mjolnir.

pretty sure he aint allowing her
>>
>>81994712
Spears>hammers
>>
>>81994932
Crushing > piercing.

Everyone knows that.
>>
>>81994923
Except he is. The only reason Odin was letting Jane run around as 'Thor' was because the actual Thor spoke for her and attested to her worthiness. Odin usually leaves well enough alone, which is why Foster was allowed to continue whompin' fools.
>>
>>81995057
so he allowed jane to bitchslap him into jupiter?
>>
>>81995066
Yes? There are very few times Thor has been stronger than Odin. Jane didn't have access to the Thorforce/Odinforce, she was just getting used to the power of Mjolnir, and she certainly didn't have the combat experience that Thor or Odin has to take down a Skyfather.

Odin could have wrecked Foster on every level, but didn't because of his son's vouching.
>>
>>81995033
its all about that reach man
>>
>>81994907
He was shown being unable to lift it.
>>
>>81995254
I agree: Odin's stupidity being part of one of his many plans is the only way everything makes sense.
>>
>>81994907
But shouldn't then only the original Thor have access to Mjolnirs power?
I mean now Thor isn'T just worthy, he has a personal connection with the hammer.
>>
>>81995033
Crit says 'hi'
>>
>>81995905
nah man there is a much simpler explanation, Aaron is a shit writer
>>
>>81997825
Aaron will not stay on board forever.

And I'm betting "it was all part of Odin's masterplan!" will be the explanation... it would even be in-character!
>>
>>81994712
Neither Mjolnir nor Gungnir are the mightiest weapon.

The mightiest weapon is the Odinsword, which must never be unsheathed lest its terrible power bring on the destruction of the whole of the Nine Realms.
>>
>>81994712
If nukes are the most powerful weapons America has, why did Bush deploy rednecks?
>>
>>81997825
I don't know, you're talking about a guy who fed his own eyes to crows in return for wisdom.
>>
>>81998657
What? Did they change it that much from the myths? He gave up his eye and put it at the bottom of the well of wisdom in the myths.
>>
Gungnir never misses. Maybe that's more important to Odin.
>>
>>81995328
Which is complete bullshit since Odin is the one who created the enchantment.

>>81994923
And that's a massive mistake. Odin was shown to have complete control over the hammer more than once. He snatched it from Thor's hand when he was facing Galactus.
>>
>>81994712
Odin doesn't need more of his own power.
>>
>>81994907
>Jane to continue being 'Thor'
Marvel can suck a dick. Seems like they really want to
>>
>>81994907
>While it was repaired by using some of Thor's life essence, Odin still has control over it
This was true as he deactivated the hammer in Fear Itself.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.