[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What exactly is this "crisis" I always hear about?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: batman-cup_of_joe.jpg (40 KB, 427x604) Image search: [Google]
batman-cup_of_joe.jpg
40 KB, 427x604
What exactly is this "crisis" I always hear about?
>>
>>81994035
Don't worry, they already had the final one.
>>
>>81994059
They can still have an epilouge crisis.
DC always finds a way
>>
>>81994035
It was hyper
>>
File: 1302878963.jpg (7 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
1302878963.jpg
7 KB, 236x236
>>81994035
>tfw there are actually people out there who didn't go through all those years with the various crises

I'm not one to advocate for newfriends to read up on their shit, especially on /co/, but it just feels weird man.
>>
>>81994569
Tell me about the Hypercrisis batposter, I want to learn about the lore of your people.
>>
>>81994777
Heavenly trips demands it
>>
File: 1431727333253.jpg (49 KB, 719x719) Image search: [Google]
1431727333253.jpg
49 KB, 719x719
>>81994035
The DCEU brand.
>>
>>81994569
everyone always goes on about how comic events are shit and should be avoided. It's no surprise people took that advice
>>
>>81994898
Indeed
>>
>>81994059
they had final crisis during crisis on infinite earths so I dont imagine that will stop them
>>
>>81994569
I've only been through the main crisis books, and a few of the Final Crisis tie-ins (Super Young Team). Never even touched Zero Hour or any of the Esmerald Twilight or Sun Eater stuff
>>
>>81995109
I love to read old comics but it's just so hard to read. Look at this lettering, it's handwritten and half the letters are morphed into the next
>>
>>81994777
Hypercrisis is just saying that nothing is canon, and so everything is canon.
Also that there are a lot of really weird and interesting connections within the DCU that may or may not be intentional.
>>
>>81995158
true I have the same problem.
I downloaded all of the pre new-52 events and I cant really get myself to read them for some reason
Barely got through crisis on infinite earths and havent read any of the other ones
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Publication_history_of_DC_Comics_crossover_events
I've only read Crisis on Infinite Earths and as someone who has read very, very little pre-CoIE, it made very little sense to me
>>
>>81994035
The title under which DC publishes their biggest & boldest event, usually involving multiversal crossover. There's Crisis on Two Earths, Crisis on Infinite Earths, Crisis in Time, Infinite Crisis, Final Crisis, and others. The same way that Marvel has Wars (Secret Wars, Infinity War, Civil War, etc.).
There's also The Hypercrisis, a term used to describe the effects of Grant Morrison's casting of chaos sigils through the comic medium to effect the real world. i.e. disturbingly coincidental meme magic.
>>
>>81995279

They're not intentional unless written by Morrison within his own stories. DC management clearly has no fucking clue what they are doing and the hypercrisis is entirely imagined.

The Marvel Universe having a secret crisis or whatever and it all being connected purposefully is true though.
>>
>>81995367
>DC's aren't intentional
>But Marvel's is
top lel
>>
>>81995367

Why do MCucks come into threads about DC events?

Like I understand that Marvel was brought up in comparing Crisis events to Wars events, but that's all it was. There wasn't any "Marvel does it worse" or anything.

Though lets be honest Marvel doesn't Hypercrisis.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.