[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember this guy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: Beast.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Beast.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
Remember when he'd be waiting in the x-mansions science lab? Maybe upside down hanging from the ceiling by his feet and reading the works of Darwin or Shakespeare or something.

He'd have a bit of silly wisdom, or genuine advice, or help to be given for some scientific problem. He'd show his beastial side when the shit got thick but was otherwise a decent if not an occasionally surly man.

And then someone decided (i'm not sure exactly when) that he was the biggest asshole in the universe. He began jacking off into the space-time continuum while doing shit as fucked up as his apocalyptic 'dark beast' counterpart. And in fact being given shit for possibly becoming dark beast. He dragged a bunch of younger versions of the x-men (including himself) to the present just to inflict them upon cyclops in petty revenge. He became bitter, cruel, cold toward his friends, and sometimes downright stupid.
To the point where the x-men had to hold a goddamn intervention in order to confront him about being such a piece of shit.

And now hes not even on any x-team. Nah, hes hanging out with the inhumans as a distant third wheel to cure the m-pox. A disease that has rendered mutants sterile and is essentially destroying their race.

Beast yanked x-men from the past ripping apart the timeline and stranding them out of their time to torture cyclops for his actions that resulted in the death of professor xavier...but is perfectly cool working with Blackbolt, the guy who unleashed the terrigen mists all over the world that are now resulting in the death of all mutantkind.

Why the fuck did marvel suddenly decide it hates Beast so much?
>>
>>81993320
Eh, there have been hints for a long time, what with his alternate versions often being evil scientists, notably his AoA version you brought up. You can bet that's where they got the idea/justification from.
Still yeah I miss old Beast.

I think it's more of a company-wide issue sadly. I mean the number of characters who start acting like assholes for no reason besides the writer not liking them is staggering. Even characters with huge fanbases aren't safe (although they have more chance of the bullshit being ultimately retconned), and Beast was never that.
>>
>>81993434
As Marvel keeps forcing events on its franchises, more and more characters will act out of character and become unlikable. And since all these events end with a different status quo, they actually have to stick with the shitty new personality.
>>
>>81993582
Yeah that's probably part of the problem, since most events nowadays include making one or more supposedly good guys act like assholes to drive the plot.
I'm not going to pretend they're actually trying, but even if they were, it can't be easy to both maintain the status quo that brought people over in the first place and change it enough that people don't get bored.
>>
>>81993320
>i'm not sure exactly when
He got a little pissy after being tortured for a week during Fraction's run and left a little after Utopia was founded to go work with SWORD and the Secret Avengers.. Everything that you hate about Beast happened in or because of Bendis's run.
>>
Newsflash, current writers at Marvel are fucking terrible and don't care about writing good stories. They just want to make shock-value comics to sell more books to casuals
>>
File: Facts.png (227 KB, 820x480) Image search: [Google]
Facts.png
227 KB, 820x480
Marvel stopped caring about the X-Men.
The "Cyclops was right" meme was born because the bad editorial decisions made everyone act out of character and he was the only one vaguely right. Marvel killed him off panel.
Beast at this point exist just to be hated, editorial want him to make bad decision, failing and not seeing his mistakes. Marvel put him with the Inhumans as a promotion, despite being unpopular among the x-fags
>>
>>81993320
>the guy who unleashed the terrigen mists all over the world that are now resulting in the death of all mutantkind.
the mist that black bolt released was supposed to be diluted to just the right point that it would create nuhumans but not effect other humans or mutants. That normal humans are indeed fine indicates that M-Pox was something added to the cloud behind Blackagar's back.
>>
>>81993320
Send him to Avengers and let him remain there.
>>
>>81993320
>but is perfectly cool working with Blackbolt, the guy who unleashed the terrigen mists all over the world that are now resulting in the death of all mutantkind.

He doesn't really work with him, Black Bolt doesn't even live in Attilan. If anything he works with Medusa.
>>
>>81993320
Beast was always my favourite X-Man. It breaks my heart to see how they've assassinated his character over the last decade.
>>
File: 1443670737373.jpg (321 KB, 1279x984) Image search: [Google]
1443670737373.jpg
321 KB, 1279x984
>>81993942
>>
>>81996480
Lack of Storm's boobs will always trigger me.
>>
X-Men is depressing in general now especially seeing Hank like this. Death of X should really either be an ending or a reboot, especially if it's going to be a reboot that it fixes up his character and doesn't make his flaws "You HAVE to hate him".
>>
>>81993765
>Everything that you hate about Beast happened in or because of Bendis's run.
Bendis is the cause of most of the problems with the Marvel universe, and the mutants were hit pretty hard with the amount of ridiculous changes
Cyclops
Beast
Iceman
Jean Grey
Magneto
Emma Frost

all these characters were ruined pretty badly during his run
>>
>>81993942
>Marvel stopped caring about the X-Men.

If Marvel cared about making money or the people who support it's comic line they would market X-Men as the alternative to their normal publishing line up since X-Fags resent the hell out of the Avengers, Inhumans and GOTG books

bring X-Men back to something a tad more grittier and real then zany garbage Marvel has been shitting out the last 36 months or so.

not saying go full Morrison and Millar but less what we've been getting.
>>
>>81997188
I like other Marvel titles outside of the X-books, but to be fair at this point they are probably still better off being in a separate universe because the whole X-men thing doesn't fully make sense in a universe where everyone is okay with heroes but not the next evolutionary scale to make them like heroes
>>
>>81996520
they're right there
>>
>>81993320
>drawing the blue and gold costume as skintight
Triggers the ol' 'tism, it does.
>>
File: disgusting.jpg (132 KB, 333x413) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.jpg
132 KB, 333x413
>>81993320
>Blackbolt, the guy who unleashed the terrigen mists all over the world that are now resulting in the death of all mutantkind.
you know that it will turn out that cyclops caused that and blackbolt is innocent, right?
>>
>>81997277
Toilet paper in bra doesn't count.
>>
>>81993320
At least his latest design with glasses is pretty much the best looking version of Beast ever.
>>
>>81997605
Blackagar dindu nuffin.
>>
>>81997672
The Bendis one is cute depending on the illustrator, but the glasses one is definetly the best.
>>
>>81997239
It works fine when you consider that the total roster of X-Men and spinoff teams is larger than the total roster of Avengers and spinoff teams. Prior to Decimation non-mutants with superpowers were a tiny minority among superpowered folk. Even after all the shit that's gone down, they still outnumber Inhumans and Nuhumans. Chuck and Slim also never seemed to grasp the concept of public relations.
>>
>>81998013
Shock and awe isn't viable tactic?
>>
>>81993320
When you run stories until its unprofitable not until the story ends, you eventually need to step into the realm of absurdity to have things to keep writing about.
Thats why its slowly been creeping up as a comic wide problem, how stupid character changes seem to be in general.

Writers are running out of fresh easy to do ideas as so much has been done, one of the quickest fixes for that is to change the characters up.

Though the dark side of beast has always been a bit of a theme, they arent pulling it off all that well imo.
>>
>>81993320
It makes sense that if you're trying to discover the nature of the thing killing you, you'd go to the place that best understands the thing that's killing you.
>>
>>81998013
I would still argue the stupidity around it, they seem more afraid of the powers these people possess when you have someone like Dr Strange, or The Hulk running around which are clearly much more destructive in nature and aren't mutants.
The biggest world level threat a mutants brought was the Phoenix Force and that's more just a universally god thing that can possess anyone with the proper wavelength, doesn't matter if it's even mutant or not
>>
>>81993320
He IS called THE Beast,as in the biblical beast, for a reason.. Always tries to undermine the hard work of the real mutant messiah, Cyclops who's one eyed vision is for the mutant-kind and dying for their sin brought by the Rogue of Mutant-kind.

Sadly the antichrist won and is smearing his name.
>>
>>81998451
For the longest time Hulk was hated and feared, I'm not sure exactly when they stopped doing that. Dr. Strange is out the public eye, he spends most of his time doing otherworldly stuff and the extent of his power isn't known to most people in the MU.
>>
File: 74161.jpg (41 KB, 620x373) Image search: [Google]
74161.jpg
41 KB, 620x373
Now let's talk about what went wrong with this character
>>
>>81998613
Lame power. Only time he's interesting, according to people who give fuck, is when he's Archangel.
>>
>>81998547
Hulk math happened it became canon that Bruce never hurts anybody he didn't intend to hurt
>>
>>81997672
>>81997983
the first blue version is the best, the cat one is the worst, the rest are pretty much the same.
>>
>>81998451
they don't hate the speific heroes, they hate mutants in general. That is, the idea that any one around you could be a monster or some other kind of dangerous freak. Or simply someone who will make you obsolete.
People aren't afraid of superpoweres, they are afraid of uncontrollable spread of superpowers among random people. LIke how people in many countries that are not the USA don't have problems with cops having guns, but don't want guns to be easily available to everyone.
The x-men catch flak for being part of that group of random superpowered people.
>>
>>81998547
spiderman was alos hated, because he wore a mask and thus nobody could know who he really was and that was suspicious. And Vision too got some hate due to being different.
And the mutants weren't as hated as they are now.
I think thee desire to make the avengers more liked due to movie connections, and the idea of using the mutants as metaphor for racism that some writer at marvel probably love, has led to the current situation that doesn't really make much sense.
I mean in 2003 x-statix was about a group of popular mutants, and before that the original x-factor lineup received a fair amount of love.
so it's not that everyone hated and feared muties. It was more like the real life situation with homosexuals or immigrants or aborts or whatever you will.
And most heroes hang up in new york. People in ohio or texas wouldn't really care about them, but they might have mutants as their neighbors
>>
>>81999184
I think it'd be hilarious for them to have the Purifiers try to kill some mutants down in Mississippi only to get the shit shot out of them.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.