[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
just watched the finale. fuck that was great. why did they kill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 16
File: 1459913467896.jpg (388 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459913467896.jpg
388 KB, 1280x720
just watched the finale. fuck that was great. why did they kill best girl? expectations for season 3?
>>
I also just caught up this week. I think they want to have almost a clean slate each season.

I think their plan is to just keep moving the bad guy of the season to something bigger each time, and I'm kind of worried, because I don't know if I want a national perspective on our cozy little thriller.
>>
>>81987452

They probably didnt kmow where to take it forward with her and her dad

I didnt even realise episode 19 was the finale so it felt really awkward to see so many major changes happening. But it made more sense when I realized it was the season finale

>>81987644

I have had enough trouble with my suspension of disbelief that noone realizes there are zombies in Seattle. Literally hundreds of Zombies in that city and somehow all of the have managed to perfectly hide it even though they are like loose canons that can go full on zombie if they get pissed off enough
>>
>>81991442
Presumably each has their close group who have figured it out, but who would you tell? And we're definitely seeing it unravel, even with a major corporation trying to keep it hush hush. I just don't like it when stakes get too big. I like when the emotions of the individual matter, and they just don't, rationally, when you reach a large enough scale.
>>
>>81991500

yeah I agree raising the stakes way too much can ruin it.

I definitely blame that on Arrow being ruined by it too cause rather than following the season 1 track and slowly building it up they just went nuts with everything
>>
>>81991574
And then they still try to get away with standard drama. It just doesn't work. The Flash has done a pretty good job, although I think Jesse's complaints seem really out of place given the magnitude of the situation. Mostly, though, team Flash's huge antagonists are interested in fucking up Team Flash, so it makes sense that their interpersonal drama can rival the ludicrously powerful villains they face, since they're equally as likely to cause problems for the protagonists.
>>
>>81991627

Season 2 antagonist inst that interesting imo, they made the mistake of not making him face him enough

It worked for season 1 because it was new, felt scary plus we had Wells revealed to the audience so the exposure to the antagonist felt more compelling. We can barely get anything from Zoom in season 2
>>
>>81991930
It doesn't help that Jay is just really boring. I was not emotionally shocked when it was revealed that he was Zoom. I just didn't care.
>>
>>81991964

Same
>>
>>81991442
Her dad's dead so she doesn't really have a story to tell outside that
makes sense to tie off loose ends of the story

season 3 i have no clue whats gonna haphpen
shit hit the fan
0-60
I heard this reminds people of Resident Evil, Vampire Dairies or True Blood or something, what happened there?

This is my favorite comic book show
I even bought the trades and am considering buying the omni even though they aren't really related

Will non zombies survive? I just hope Peyton lives :(
>>
>>81992221
>Will non zombies survive? I just hope Peyton lives :(

I am more worried about Clive at this point. He is the only non zombie at that fucking building
>>
How can every girl on this show look so good with white hair?
>>
It really has become one of my favorite shows, definitely my favorite comic related show. It's different too, since I haven't read any comics I don't have expectations from any sort of previous knowledge I just hope they keep the same feel S1&2 have. And I also hope Liv and Major get back together.
>>
>>81992613
It's absolutely nothing like the comics, so it's hard to have expectations period. Still, it's a great show, and it's a shame that /co/ seems so lukewarm on it.
>>
>>81992325
How will he get out of the building! He knows too much and he's black...
Will the next season time jump because i hope it picks up right there...
>>
>>81992738
>Will the next season time jump because i hope it picks up right there...

I hope they dont time jump, but I am pretty sure they will just time jump and explain it in some dialogues
>>
>>81992694
>Still, it's a great show, and it's a shame that /co/ seems so lukewarm on it.

Probably for the best
>>
>>81992778
I've found the more /co/ likes a show, usually the shittier it is.
Supergirl, and the latest seasons of flash and arrow have both been absolute shit yet get tons of discussion while Gotham, AoS, and izombie have all been amazing this season and get mostly ignored.
/co/ must secretly be filled with tumblr girls.
>>
it ended so well

did even have liv fucking it up forever for everyone like season 1
>>
>>81992827
Arrow threads have been nothing but nonstop salt though. It's just 500 replies of how Felicity sucks.
>>
>>81992893
And yet people keep watching it.
>>
>>81992911
Most abandoned it with Laurel's death. The rest are completionists who have to at least finish a season before dropping.
>>
>>81992911
Hatewatching is more compelling than watching something mediocre

Its the same principle with which Marvel has been selling its comic books
>>
>>81992911
I haven't seen an episode in over a month.
>>
>>81992911
the people that hatewatch it don't hatewatch it on tv. They watch streams. the network gets no ratings
>>
>>81992911
Last ep actually united /co/, Reddit and tumblr against Olicters and the writers.
>>
Will we ever get anything beyond Zombies? I know they said they didn't want to be kitchen sink like Supernatural, but I'd still love to get vampires, or were-terriers, or something.
>>
>>81992827
Most of /co/ would rather talk about shit they hate than things that they like. It's way easier to shitpost that way.
>>
>>81993119
With the arrival of the private military zombies staking their claim on Seattle, it definitely opens things up to competition. I don't think it'll happen, it would open up too many complications for a procedural show, but it's possible.
>>
File: 1449724922854.jpg (128 KB, 1674x854) Image search: [Google]
1449724922854.jpg
128 KB, 1674x854
>>81993287
I think you mean, opens up a wide world of mystery-solving possibilities for a procedural.
>>
>>81993119

Its easier to do vampires and/or werewolfs but I doubt they can go beyond that
>>
>>81993287

How did they even become zombies outside of Seattle is what I am wondering?
>>
>>81992221
>>81992325
Will non zombies survive?
I can't make any promises about the current cast, but there will definitely need to be SOME living left, otherwise what do the zombies eat? I figure the militarized undead try to overthrow the current ruling class and try to establish their own system, with themselves at the top obviously.
>>
>>81993399

yeah of course, zombies needs humans to survive. So the plan is only to rule the city for now
>>
>>81993369
Just takes someone going on vacation and scratching someone in an ill-advised hookup before realizing they're a zombie. Pretty easy really.
>>
>>81993468

That would mean there should be full blown zombie outbreak
>>
>>81993492
we are kind of getting there at this point already
>>
>>81993369
I was under the impression they had turned that evening, during the Max Rager party.
>>
>>81993631
We don't know yet.

They seemed way too calm and prepared for that, though. She seemed to already have a plan in place.
>>
>>81993676
I just assumed that was part of how you sell them being a major antagonist. Nothing more evil than coolly accepting your new undead status. I can't remember, actually, if we see zombies specifically go for her or not.
>>
>>81992221
>I heard this reminds people of Resident Evil, Vampire Dairies or True Blood or something, what happened there?
Well as far as Resident Evil is concerned people have been calling Max Rager Umbrella since last season since they're making zombies and just don't give a fuck. Full supernatural armies are getting a bit more common nowadays too.

>>81992827
>I've found the more /co/ likes a show, usually the shittier it is.
It is more that the board overall can be supremely petty. A lot of times a show has a character everyone fawns over or something that attracts everyone despite the quality of everything else and other times you have a great fucking show on your hands but because a lot don't like one aspect of it (whether it is something as huge as a concept or small as a minor character being on screen) and it will just get shit on. I like when a show doesn't get too much attention but at least gets the occasional thread because too much attention and you have people blowing the above things out of control.
>>
>>81993399
I doubt it will be anything overt like that. They might not even need to harvest Seattle much to get brains, if they're active in war zones. They'd probably be able to ship in brains from overseas, which is much less likely to be discovered than snatching people up from the street. Really, a PMC is a pretty good cover if you need bodies semi-legitimately.

Blaine created a pretty rich and powerful class of zombies in Seattle and these guys are way better equipped to take over the brain trade. Money and power without exposing yourself.
>>
>>81992827
Eh, Flash has been fine. It's had problems finding it's footing without Reverse Flash but I think that it's got a solid plot going now.

But yeah, a lot of people fucking despise Gotham, but this board absolutely worships Daredevil. I'll never understand what it is about that show that makes it so divisive.

I know a guy who watches Arrow every week. I asked him why, and his response was "It passes the time." Then I suggested Gotham, and he just just kind of shrugged it off. This is a guy who loves cape shows, yet won't touch a single episode of Gotham with a ten foot pole.

>/co/ must secretly be filled with tumblr girls.
>secretly
>>
File: liv booty peyton .webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
liv booty peyton .webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Bumping with some liv booty dance
>>
File: HERES_MAJOR.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
HERES_MAJOR.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
So what will Major get to do in the S3 finale?
>>
I'd love to see Rob Thomas and Diane Ruggiero join the CWVerse. Maybe a Stargirl series with Courtney in high school when she starts being a superhero
>>
I'm honestly astounded how good this show is. It has no right to be as good as it is. At this point, I just want this show to turn into a "how to make a proper young adult/cape drama" guidebook. Literally all the same mistakes that other shows make over and over, this show gets right.

>Other shows
Breakout character? START FOCUSING ON THEM 24/7. WHEN POOCHIE'S NOT AROUND EVERYONE SHOULD BE ASKING WHERE'S POOCHIE!
>iZombie
People really like this character? Awesome, let's give him/her their own sideplot, but tie it in to the overall plot. And don't shift the focus of the show from the main plot.

>Other shows
Alright, so we've got this love interest. Let's just keep them from being together and keep the love interest as just that and nothing else.
>iZombie
This is a character first and a love interest second. Keep him/her busy, have the drama come from the characters, not the other way around.

>Other shows
Alright, that plot's over. Now let's step it up a notch. I know we just nearly exploded the city, but get this: Next time we'll explode the PLANET!
>iZombie
We should ramp up, but let's try to keep it contained. No need to jump the shark. First it was a kinda small-time gangster going after individual people, next up is the company that first developed the zombie virus. Now that we've built up a very solid foundation, I think we can afford to get a little bit crazy and bring in a zombie military group. Have the next threat come in from established events and characters.
>>
>>81995151
A broken Major who suffered too much and starts a massacre on the zombies Umbrella corps
>>
>>81995801
I swear I'm not gay, but this guy is just ludicrously attractive. Like what the hell man.
>>
>>81995832
Dude got it all. The most interesting character in iZombie, went from perfect Chad to most suffering of them all and he also banging pic related
>>
File: Shantel VanSanten Workout (4).jpg (49 KB, 604x757) Image search: [Google]
Shantel VanSanten Workout (4).jpg
49 KB, 604x757
>>81995832
>>81995911
oops forgot pic
>>
>>81995261
Rob Thomas would fight everybody. He's actually talented.
>>
Tumblr hates Arrow too. They've been shitting on it nonstop. In all the Felicity threads it's pretty much only Twitter who likes her.
>>
>>81996240
Twitter is insane. They threatened to slash Katie Cassidy's throat in the name of Olicity.
>>
https://youtu.be/WziA88-n02k
>>
File: aly-woke-up-dead-s01e18.jpg (92 KB, 556x628) Image search: [Google]
aly-woke-up-dead-s01e18.jpg
92 KB, 556x628
>>81992531
Eagerly awaiting Peyton's turn in the makeup chair.
>>
>>81995552

Idk the show has been testing my suspension of disbelief in lot of things
>>
>>81993369
>>81993631

It's looking like the reverse: that Seattle is just the latest zombie outbreak town. Vivian's dialogue and demeanour seem to hinting that she's been a zombie way prior to the boat party incident. The first we saw of her was during that Max Rager boardroom meeting when she was in a middle east warzone somewhere - her character is being used to expand the show's horizons, to make it seem like there's a wider world of zombieism with more history. My guess would be that she and/or Philmore Graves PMC are the ones who provided the taint for the 'tainted utopium' - it's a localised weapons test.
>>
>>81996295

Something about the 140 character limit brings out the worst in humanity.
>>
>>81998794
Or will Peyton join The major in becoming a badass zombie hunter.
>>
>>81991627
What? Flash has been complete shit.
>>
>>81999049
Good luck trying to beat private military zombies
>>
>>81987452
>expectations for season 3
Very low. It's CW after all.
>>
File: Trailer Park Heroes - Aly.jpg (171 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
Trailer Park Heroes - Aly.jpg
171 KB, 612x612
>>82001279
Pfft. She just needs to raid Adam Baldwin's gun locker again.
>>
>>82001858

whats that from?
>>
iZomfu bump

>>82002968
Trailer Park Heroes, Adam Baldwin, Aly, Nathan Fillion, Alan Rudyk and some others defend their trailer park against an invasion of zombie cosplayers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu17yNsg7YM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsZ8vVX9DgI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAg95fjhXNg
>>
File: high impact zombie violence.jpg (99 KB, 501x672) Image search: [Google]
high impact zombie violence.jpg
99 KB, 501x672
>>81987452

RIP in peace Rita I was more sad abou Chief
>>
>>81987452
too pure for this world
>>
I wanted her to be the villain of season 3. Have her go full crazy and become the Joker to Liv's Batman. Just have her fucking with Liv all season while she takes over Max Rager.
>>
File: iZombie U JUST KNOWSKI.jpg (354 KB, 1638x2048) Image search: [Google]
iZombie U JUST KNOWSKI.jpg
354 KB, 1638x2048
I'm going to miss Chief the most
>>
>>82003565
>I'll break you!!
>>
>>82003565
Chief's actor had to go - they were paying him by the kilo. Plus he'll be busy on the Deadpool sequel if they go with Colossus again.
>>
File: iZombie Major of murder.jpg (524 KB, 953x3773) Image search: [Google]
iZombie Major of murder.jpg
524 KB, 953x3773
>>82003663

>Deadpool I am goofy metal Russian ow my ball bearings
>>
>>82001814
>It's CW after all.
Honestly, I think CW is great these days. It's a small network, with just enough money to be able to experiment. They don't have too much pressure from higher ups, so they can try whatever they want and see where it goes. Between iZombie, The Flash, The 100, and Jane the Virgin, I'm pretty fucking impressed. I"m even excited for the trainwreck that Riverdale is bound to be.
>>
>>81996295
any pics of that?
>>
>>82003565
Nymphlet a cute, CUTE
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.