[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DCAU
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 270px-DCAU.jpg (21 KB, 270x143) Image search: [Google]
270px-DCAU.jpg
21 KB, 270x143
What order should I watch the DCAU in?
>>
>>81987188
I don't think it really matters if you watch it in production order or airdate order.
>>
>>81987188
The Batman, Teen Titans, Krypto the Superdog, Legion of Super Heroes, Teen Titans Go, and then Justice League Action
>>
Sta > Bta > bb > jl > jlu > Gta> YJ
>>
>>81987298
What about B:TAS, S:TAS, JLU, Batman Beyond, etc.?
>>
>>81987321
Noncanon
>>
>>81987298

Ignore this man, he is secretly Clayface.
>>
>>81987188
The order it came out in? Fox BTAS, STAS, WB Batman, Beyond, JL/JLU. Your choice whether or not you want to watch Static Shock and Zeta Project.
>>
Prime numbers first. Then those divisible by 3. Followed by episode names that end with a vowel.
>>
Batman: The Animated Series
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Batman: Sub-Zero
Watch the first seasons of The New Batman Adventures & Superman the Animated Series at the same time (switch off every episode or something who cares it's not that crucial)
Batman/Superman: World's Finest
Then watch Batman Beyond
Then watch the final season of Superman TAS
Then watch Justice League
Then watch JLU

Zeta project? What's that?
>>
>>81987188
I prefer:

Batman the Animated Series, including Mask of the Phantasm (which is amazing) and Sub-Zero (which is good, if contradictory to some things). Mystery of the Batwoman waffles between being entertaining and being a hot mess and is completely skippable. Some people will tell you to skip Season 4, where the art style changes, but I find it to be crucial to Bruce Wayne/Batman's characterization in the rest of the DCAU and there's some fun stories there.

Superman the Animated Series, including the World's Finest movie, which should be part of the series anyways. Though it shares the same art style, AVOID Brainiac Attacks. Travesty doesn't even begin to cover that shit.

Batman Beyond, including Return of the Joker. It's up to you whether or not you watch the edited or unedited version of Return of the Joker. I prefer the punchline of the unedited version better.

Justice League and Justice League Unlimited in that order. That includes what is sometimes considered a mini-movie called Starcrossed.

If you are an absolute completionist, you can also stick Static Shock and The Zeta Project in there after Batman Beyond. While they go from pretty good (some episodes of Static) to downright awful (some episodes of Zeta) they are both technically in continuity and have some crossovers with Batman, Justice League, and Batman Beyond.
>>
>>81987298
Krypto was legit, used to watch it early mornings when I got up just for the hell of it and it was fun
>>
>>81987601
>AVOID Brainiac Attacks
technically it wasn't even part of the DCAU, they just reused all the character designs out of laziness/budget restrictions
>>
>>81987548
A spinoff series that takes place in the batman beyond universe. Its about an android who develops a heart and the girl who helps him. I remember watching it on TV when it was airing, it only got 1 or 2 seasons i think. Anyone think it's worth a rewatch?
>>
File: Lex_Luthor_(Brainiac_Attacks).jpg (49 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Lex_Luthor_(Brainiac_Attacks).jpg
49 KB, 640x480
>>81988055
Yeah, that's what I meant. It looks like it's part, but it's not.
>>
>>81988179
(i was being sarcastic)
>>
>>81987188
> in what order i should watch clearly chronological series?
every fucking time
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.