[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the deal with Nick Fury Jr?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: file_187461_0_battlescars6658.jpg (312 KB, 658x370) Image search: [Google]
file_187461_0_battlescars6658.jpg
312 KB, 658x370
What's the deal with Nick Fury Jr?
>>
>>81986135

Hey remember the movies?

I hope you like the movies.

We're pretty much basing our comics on the movies now.
>>
File: Battle Scar.jpg (2 MB, 2953x4609) Image search: [Google]
Battle Scar.jpg
2 MB, 2953x4609
Worst introduction ever.

Should have just waited a few months and brought Ultimate Nick to 616 through Secret Wars.
>>
>>81986311
A melon muncher
>>
>>81986265
That's fucking terrible
>>
File: 1460665104213.jpg (18 KB, 270x208) Image search: [Google]
1460665104213.jpg
18 KB, 270x208
>>81986311
>antique farm equipment
>>
I don't understand why they insist on changing the comics to be like the movies. Marvel has done this since X-Men and it hasn't helped them even slightly.
>>
>>81986265
Retardamus Maximus.
>>
>>81986629
I'll say that changing Toad to be more like the move is a big improvement. He's better with the tongue and slime
>>
>>81986265
>Should have just waited a few months
More like four years. You underestimate how long ago Battle Scars was.
>>
It's kind of weird because they haven't really done much with him. Maria Hill is still running the show and he isn't even in standoff so far.

You'd think they'd have given him white Nick's level of importance or at least have made serious efforts to get him there, but he seems forgotten more than anything
>>
>>81986629
Uh, New X-Men is good.
>>
>>81986135
Marvel gave Mark Millar too much power, it carried forward into the movies, and they needed to break things for synergy.
>>
>>81987612

Is white Fury even showing up in anything?

Wait... doesn't everybody hate him after something in Original Sin?

Did Original Sin even happen?

Is Uatu dead? Help
>>
>>81986265
Holy shit
>>
>>81986135

When they worked to bring Coulson into 616 canon, they faced a tough decision: put him into the rapidly-dying Ultimate universe so the dynamic between him and black!Fury could be preserved, or put him with white!Fury, whom (as far as we know) he has no history with.

Tough call. Blame Coulson.
>>
>>81986265

If they didn't tease it out so much, this honestly isn't too bad of an origin for a black Fury to exist in 616 too.

Throwing Coulson in is kind of weak though.
>>
>>81988171
Literally the only fallout from original sin was Bucky getting a short lived solo and Thor losing the hammer.

They explain him losing the hammer yet? I feel like I would have heard if they did, but it still seems worth asking.

And no, I don't think white nick has been in anything since original sin
>>
>>81988368
>They explain him losing the hammer yet?
Nope.
>>
>>81988368

What about Uatu? I always liked him looking grim but rooting for humanity.
>>
>>81986135
He fucked your mum m8
>>
>>81986265
>Should have just waited a few months and brought Ultimate Nick to 616 through Secret Wars.

Four years?

They didn't even know they were going to cancel the Ultimate universe a year before they did. It was down to sales; the crossovers were the last chance to prove there was sufficient interest in the line and keep it running. Turns out there wasn't.
>>
>>81988695

Ultimates 3 and Ultimatum were the one two that killed that universe. I read every damned thing up until that point, and I simply stopped after that.

I never heard a good thing about anything again either.
>>
>>81988614
Actual Nick Fury shot him in the head and took his place as the Watcher.
>>
>>81986135

Im pissed that classic Nick was for all intents and purposes killed off in order to pander to the movie crowd
>>
>>81986213
Are Marvel Comics just licensed comics now?

Like they're basically the IDW Transformers Movieverse comics except the IDW comics are good
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.