[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you say King of The Hill and Futurama jumped the shark/declined
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: adventure-time_futurama.jpg (94 KB, 575x323) Image search: [Google]
adventure-time_futurama.jpg
94 KB, 575x323
Would you say King of The Hill and Futurama jumped the shark/declined in quality like other Fox cartoons have?
>>
>>81983029
Both of those ended years ago.
>>
Futurama definitely took a major quality dip after it was revived.

King of the Hill passed it's peak but it wasn't a huge drop.
>>
>Jurassic Bark was so sad that Comedy Central retconned it
>>
King of the Hill declined but to the point that the worst episodes were more boring than bad. It had a pretty strong run even if roughly the first half of the series was noticeably better than the second, and ended at a good point.

Personally I think it never reached a point like Simpsons where it went too far beyond the reality it had established or completely changed tone or whatever.
>>
>>81983029
CC run Futurama was a mixed bag. Some episodes were new simpsons levels of bad, some were actually almost original run levels of good, and some being somewhere in between.

KOTH's decline came from later seasons retconning established things from older seasons, which considering the earlier seasons had a decent sense of continuity and even had story arcs, makes it all the more jarring. There was also a rise in boring episodes, though gems still were there.
>>
>>81983274
Came in here to post this
>>
>>81983274
>Futurama definitely took a major quality dip after it was revived.
Yeah. Some episodes were pretty decent, but holy fucking shit, some episodes were absolutely horrid. The whole segment about the salmons on that evolution-themed episode made me want to murder something.
>>
>>81983029
King of the Hill should have ended before they changed the writing. It started as a charming story of a flawed family that sometimes caused their own problems. It turned into the "Hank is always right" show, where even the stupidest ideas could be cured by pouring more stupid on it.
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-08+at+12.18.24).jpg (37 KB, 239x272) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-08+at+12.18.24).jpg
37 KB, 239x272
What episodes of Futurama are worth watching after the movies? I hated the movies so much I haven't watched the Comedy Central episodes yet.
>>
>>81988015
AND WITH THE HELP OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST *tears shirt*
>>
>>81988227
Murder on Planet Express.
>>
>>81988227
Benderama and Lethal Inspection
>>
File: 1449769011183.jpg (47 KB, 700x481) Image search: [Google]
1449769011183.jpg
47 KB, 700x481
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1Za1nmyXE0&index=12&list=PLUSRfoOcUe4a6DW-WygSp6RigtUFwJbCk

King of the Hill will always be an American classic, and has some of the greatest voices of any animated show.

Futurama used to be good, and has some unforgettable moments. I want more of it, but that means more good, less shit.
>>
>>81983029
KOTH's golden age was just seasons two to four. Five and six started to lesser in quality and started losing the soul of the show. Seven was a bumpy start after Judge left but it picked back up slightly. The last two or three seasons started to take a nose dive until it was a blessing that it was cancelled. Even ignoring the shittier episodes plot and humor it completely threw character arcs and continuity away especially in the last few seasons. It's watchable now but you can still feel that soullessness compared to the first four seasons.
Futurama was golden up until the first cancellation. I honestly think there wasn't a single actually bad episode. Then the movies came, and while the first one was so-so, they took a VERY noticable drop in cleverness and overall quality. When the first episode of the reboot came on most people actually had higher hopes but then In-A-Gadda-Da-Leela came out next and we knew at that point we were gonna get hit-or-miss at best. It was more of a miss-miss-miss-miss-hit situation. Even then the moment to moment humor was way worse than the original run.
>>
>>81989038
>Lethal Inspection
Never liked this one. The tear-jerking felt way too artificial, like they were consciously going for another Jurassic Bark or Luck of the Fryrish.
>>
>>81986971
Worst part is people actually pretended to like that episode.
>>
>>81990611
It felt closer in style to Leela's Homeworld, more so.

Also, you're kidding yourself if you think Jurassic Bark wasn't forced feels.
>>
>>81991030
Arguably that was the point. Just don't let me catch you badmouthing Luck of the Fryish, that's the most genuine shit I've ever seen on TV.
>>
>>81991030
I probably saw Jurassic Bark a dozen times before I was a teenager and I thought it was kind of sad, but it's been blown up out of proportion as a meme
>>
>>81988227
I hated the movies so much I didn't even bother finishing them. Hell, I don't think I made it past the first now that I think about it, just the word of mouth summaries were enough to make me hate the rest.
>>
>>81989706
King of the Hill is a show that requires refined taste and is too good for the MacFarlane generation.
>>
>>81989706
The voice acting for King of the Hill really is fucking amazing and seems sort of underrated.

Some lines that aren't even written as jokes are still funny through the deliveries.
>>
>>81983029
King of the Hill was pretty consistent through out, but i feel like the switch to HD the show's plots felt staler
Futurama after the revival was defiantly a lot worse
>>
>>81984994
How so?
>>
>>81984994
glad they did, that episode didn't belong in the show

it also had a nonsensical ending since the dog had to have been flash fossilized to end up as DOLOMITE but instead it just dies of old age on the street.
>>
>>81988227
The Late Phillip J Fry
>>
>>81991030
See >>81991106
Redditors and memesters don't seem to get that that wasn't just FEELS. It was just really dark humor. It was tacked on for no reason other than to be insanely sad and make you feel bad which in turn supplies the humor by how insanely depressing it is and that it would've been a normal episode without that ending. It's just SO sad for no reason that's it's funny. Even as a fucking kid I got that. Now people compare every fucking sad moment in a cartoon to that.
>>
File: 1447689653172.png (65 KB, 286x308) Image search: [Google]
1447689653172.png
65 KB, 286x308
>>81991725
>it also had a nonsensical ending since the dog had to have been flash fossilized to end up as DOLOMITE but instead it just dies of old age on the street.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.