[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, Crossed Badlands is ending with #100. Which is actually now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: CrossedB100-reg.jpg (403 KB, 1164x1800) Image search: [Google]
CrossedB100-reg.jpg
403 KB, 1164x1800
So, Crossed Badlands is ending with #100.
Which is actually now the final issue of the third Smokey arc.

Which means that "Once A Warrior King" will be a full fledged mini and we still won't know what it's about until August Solicits.
>>
File: Mod Approved.jpg (503 KB, 696x1070) Image search: [Google]
Mod Approved.jpg
503 KB, 696x1070
That's a pretty sweet cover.

>-and we still won't know what it's about until August Solicits

They've really been keeping it under wraps.
>>
>>81973934
Yeah, it's a very neat cover, too bad the rest of the variants for this issue are pretty bad.

Very under-wraps.
All we have is a (still speculative) topic and no artists.
>>
File: Crossed - Badlands 095-023.jpg (398 KB, 696x1070) Image search: [Google]
Crossed - Badlands 095-023.jpg
398 KB, 696x1070
From what scant info there is, it sounds like it's going to be a story from the POV of Smokey (whose pretty much gone all Beau Salt) or something.
>>
>>81973764
it should have ended 100 issues ago
>>
>>81974476

The third Smokey arc, I mean.
>>
>crossed badlands is ending at #100
>we never figured out what started the outbreak
>Ennis isnt writing the last issue
Dropped
>>
Liked his Absolution, so even if I think Crossed has been the same soup since Crossed :Psychopath, will give this one a try.
>>
>>81974656
>we never figured out what started the outbreak
Does it matter?
>>
>>81975667
Well, it'd be nice to know, considering they've injected a buttload of lore into a story that was originally just supposed to be rape zombies.

Ending at 100 sucks for a couple reasons. For one, you could easily keep going with the random stories. For two, the latter half has been chock full of crappy ones. I wonder if it's a sales issue.
>>
>>81976952
Agreed. Wish You Were Here left me wanting shit to be explained.
>>
>>81974656
He's writing a final mini.

And we did find out in Patient Zero.
Gaia Theory.
>>
>>81978360
Explain
>>
>>81979602
From what we know in mini many "patient zeros" emerged at the same time in different parts of the world. The patient zero from England had memories of shit he had never seen or knew about and his infection seemed to have some sort of supernatural source.

Even though it all a fictional story made up by an infected in another issue of Badlands they mention the crossed infection haz occured earlier in human history (when there was a huge decimation of the human race and other hominids went extinct). The reason I think it's true is even before the infected started one of the scientist had proposed this theory and second as stated earlier the crossed infection might give humans memories of the collective unconscious and perhaps the origins of the virus. Nothing concrete but as much as we know now.
>>
>>81980324
What mini is this? Is it the Badlands story arc?
>>
>>81980324
I figure that the Patient Zero arc is as concrete as they should have gone.

It gives it an air of the supernatural, but still a pathogen.

>>81980733
Yeah, Ennis' previous arc "The Thin Red Led"
>>
>>81980733

The Thin Red Line and Homo Tortur, I think - though a lot of what happened in the latter is left ambiguous as to whether or not it actually happened; copying explanation from an earlier thread:

[]* None of it was real, and the professor was simply a crackpot whose delusions worsened after he became Crossed.
* The Blood Men may have existed, but the rest was pure fiction.
* It was all real, and the professor is one of those "special" Crossed like Patient Zero who could see the past, which he transcribed as best he could (the "monster Gods" manifesting was probably merely the volcano blowing up and the Blood Men's mutilated captives and animals running loose, for example).[
]
>>
Is this shit any good, or is it just edgy schlock?
>>
>>81981429
It comes and goes.
It's always going to be about rape zombies...but if you can get past that there was some good stories in there.

And some fucking awful ones.
>>
>>81981429
Most of it is gore for the purpose of gore. Some of it is pretty damn good. I recommend the Ennis and Spurrier arcs.
>>
Avatar press is really hoping for the Cinema Purgatorio thing to work if they are canceling almost everything they have.
>>
>>81981579
Well Purgatorio is pretty much their entire catalog anyway in one book.
With +100 also ending, Crossed will be the biggest hit.
>>
>>81981624
And to be honest i really hope it works, I am interested in the civil war solders vs giants bugs and Ennis Code Pru
>>
>>81981686
The Giant Bugs one sounds so crazy that it might just work.

And Avatar already has me planning to double dip on Providence hardcovers.
The end of Act II was magnificent.
>>
>>81981746
So Avatar is moving on from Crossed eh?

Well they still got Uber I guess.

But y'know I bet is gonna happen. One day, years from now, George Lucas will approach them with his ideas for Episode 7 and we'll see what he had in mind.

Its something they'd love to do.
>>
>>81973764
Realistically how long would the Crossed last?
>>
>>81981906
That's what we're speculating.

I wouldn't put it past Avatar to announce a new anthology called Crossed World or something like that.

And yeah, that would definitely be up their alley.
Starting a Providence storytime.

>>81981967
They'd die of infections within 1-2 years,probably.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.