[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your hopes for Gerard Way's Doom Patrol and the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
What are your hopes for Gerard Way's Doom Patrol and the Young Animal imprint itself?
>>
>>81973409
That the books are good and sell ok
>>
I have faith in all of these.
>>
>>81973409
That they dont get cancelled after a few issues.
>>
>>81973409
That it sticks and we'll get more interesting comics with niche characters.
>>
>>81973409
Cloonan seems to like dark skinned teenage girls with white hair as protagonists.
>>
>>81973805
Cloonan's only doing the covers and the protag seems pretty white to me
>>
>>81973805
God bless her.
>>
>>81973409

That they keep going for at least a few years.
>>
>>81973409
I want at least 2 years and 2 extra titles.
>>
>>81973409
that they are good and that at least one of them will sell more than 10k a month
>>
>>81977667
Doom Patrol might be that one.
>>
>>81977667
I don't think the floppy sales will be there but I think Way can mobilize his fanbase to make trades and digital do well
>>
>>81973409

I don't understand the Mother Panic series.
Is it trying to be like '80s/'90s Vertigo where its part of the DCU but not?
or is it just some indie-esque take on Gotham?
>>
>>81979215
>Is it trying to be like '80s/'90s Vertigo where its part of the DCU but not?
Yes.
>>
>>81973409
That DC's sales expectations for the singles are very low.
>>
Why is the imprint called Young Animal
>>
>>81980009
This, also when are we going to see the logo?
>>
>>81980009

>Where did the name of the line, “Young Animal,” come from?

>It was a phrase that got caught in my head, and that’s happened to me for a long time, I just get song titles or phrases stuck in my head, and it sounded like it was a really good title for my second solo album. And then when I decided I wasn’t going to make a second solo album — yet — I said, well, it will just be the name of my new project. I started to get in the habit of, when I come up with a good idea, use it. Don’t hold on to it too long. So, “Young Animal” was going to be the name of something, so it might as well be this.
>>
Quick, /co/! I need you to pitch me a Young Animal series starring an obscure DC character! Rules are that it takes place in the current DC continuity and that they have to resemble their original character!
>>
>>81980814
New 52 Dial H all over again
>>
>>81980814
Breaking the rules a little, but a noir themed Wildcat series set in the 70s or 80s, focused on boxing and the mafia. He's a retired boxer and a current boxing coach. It would be a reverse legacy book with Wildcat having to get back into his costume because of some past villains emerging, and having to face the changing face of vigilantism and coming to terms with his son's choices.
>>
>>81980814
I would do a comic called Keeping up With the Sivanas. It's a reality show comic book that follows the Sivana family. Dr. Sivana is as bat shit crazy as ever except not so homicidal, Beauticia is the only sane one, Magnificus is trying to develop a superhero persona for himself, and Georgia and Sivana Jr are inseparable misfits constantly causing trouble while trying to follow in their fathers footsteps
>>
File: cap 71.jpg (37 KB, 384x347) Image search: [Google]
cap 71.jpg
37 KB, 384x347
>>81980814
The ongoing struggles of the Arson Fiend against the Captain Marvel family. Would start out as him miserably failing every time he strikes and would get more and more into obscure, magick kind of shit. Would by pretty much a character study on how it feels like to be such a miserable, weak, and useless villain.
Pretty much an underdog kind of story, but with a villain as the lead, and heavy dark fantasy undertones. The Monster Society of Evil would be involved in it somehow.
>>
>>81980814
>>
I have none, having not read any of his comics and having no opinion on any of them. Anyone know if they're worth checking out?
>>
>>81989665
SP//DR was interesting, and I've heard nothing but praise for Umbrella Academy.

My hope is that they don't get sued for the name.
>>
>>81989772
Who would sue them?
>>
>>81990241
Some weab company that no one cares about.
>>
>>81980814
captain carrot and the zoo crew
art by tom scioli
>>
>>81992353
>otherkin bait

pls no
>>
>>81973409
I hope that that WHEN I WAS
>>
>>81973409
That book sell more than 4000.
>>
>>81994228

They should do that. That's aftershock sales numbers. Ever heard of Aftershock, anon? Didn't think so
>>
>>81980814
The Question

We open on Vic Sage. Released from prison after the events of suicide squad using various connections hes made over the years. Calling in ever favor he can he now functions in the private sector of Hub city.

The first issue involves him being integrated into the clockwork of the cities corruption. The various entities and corporations that suck it dry through one avenue or another. Laundering drug money, mob alliances to promote this company or that while squashing competition. Just turning the place into a cesspool that makes gotham look like beverly hills.

The whole first issue we got an underling in the company seeming to stand up to the corruption and we paint him as the chump and likely first victim of vics machinations.

By the end of the issue we got Vic making a call to one of the many killers he probably has on speed dial. Giving him the guys adress to take him out. But when the hitman enters the apartment belonging to the address...its empty.

We cut back to vic in his office getting a call from said hitman. Being told the place was empty. Vic goes back to the file he has on the employee to verify the address. It aint there. Hes a little curious now, a little offput.
Hes goes to the guys office. Theres no office there. Fuck there never was. The offices on either side are actually sharing a wall so where there were once three there are now two. Like hes just been imagining this guy.

He is offput visibly now and heads home. When he gets to his penthouse he goes to the bar to have a glass of something. There he is. That employee who doesnt exist standing almost in the darkness of his living room.

We got vic pulling a pice on him. Firing at him but he hits nothing as the employee walks toward him.

-cont-
>>
>>81994335
We get a little scuffle with the employee besting vic at every turn. Every swing he takes the employee knocks aside like its nothing and batters vic. Smashing him into furniture, throwing him over the cabinet. Beating him to the edge of consciousness.

In desperation Vic grabs at the guys face, grabs at anything he can. his fingers slip through the guys features. Ripping away what looks not like flesh but a facade....like shredding paper that reveals a blank nothing of a face underneath revealing 'the question' just before vic slips into blackness.

Moments later we have a knock at the door. Its opened and we dont see by who. We got some high up caretaker for the fancy apartment building. Hes there because of reports of some noise from the penthouse.
We get the reveal of the man in the door. its vic sage. Or so it seems. His face sure. But the clothing is clearly what the question had been wearing a moment earlier. He lets the man know he simply had his tv on a bit too loud. Apologizes, then tells him he'll be sure to turn it down.

The premise is a book about the question of course. But who he exactly is, is one of the questions. A mystery man who is installing himself into the mechanics of corrupt hub city to expose the truth of those who have it under their bootheel. Itll have your pulp hero punching action sure. But itd be a lot more about identity. Who the question is as a person but also losing himself in the false roles he takes. And thatd be his schtick. Infiltrating through disguise (almost like darkman i guess) while fighting the corruption of Hub city by beating up some of the low lifes and exposing the truth about those who control it all.
>>
>>81994307
I heard of Aftershock. Founded by former editor of X-books, publishes Insexts and some Ennis comic with black pilots in WW2.
>>
>cybernetic eye
So things have come full circle?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.