[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thanos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7
File: Thanos.jpg (301 KB, 1600x753) Image search: [Google]
Thanos.jpg
301 KB, 1600x753
How are the Russos going to handle him?
>>
File: tight cubes.jpg (10 KB, 250x189) Image search: [Google]
tight cubes.jpg
10 KB, 250x189
>>81970361
Consistent with his character depiction so far: A complete goddamn retard who chooses the people most likely to betray him to do his deeds while acting so smug and doing so little that it seems like he's got everything under control.
>>
>>81970361
>>81970951
Black Panther, Ironman, and Thor each tell Thanos they want to defect on his side.
Each gets an infinity gem to destroy earth.
They kill him.
The end.
>>
File: seal.jpg (134 KB, 640x410) Image search: [Google]
seal.jpg
134 KB, 640x410
>>81970361
>"Because we've got so much cosmic-ness waiting, we are more than happy to keep it waiting. Because, you know... Civil War is such a grounded argument, that you don't want to go, [whispers] 'Actually, that's not very important because there's a space man coming.' We all know there's a space man coming, but it's going to blow this argument out of the water if you bring it up. So all that has to stay far enough away."
>Christopher Markus
I'm not thrilled that they just refer to Thanos a "a spaceman". I'm a little worried the team isn't equipped to write a cosmic-style conflict.
>>
File: Kevin Feige.jpg (37 KB, 281x211) Image search: [Google]
Kevin Feige.jpg
37 KB, 281x211
>>81970951
>while acting so smug and doing so little that it seems like he's got everything under control.
That's the secret to his power. making people think he's planned things all along, when he's just been making it up.
>>
>>81970361
I hope they show the mastermind aspect of his character and not just the "he is superstrong".

But he probably will just be the typical comic book supervillain, Like all the other MCU villains so far
>>
>>81971847
what is his deal anyways?
He has done nothing so far other than losing several gems.
>>
>>81971847
You know when Thanos said "fine, I'll do it myself" at the end of Age of Ultron? I thought that was pretty in-character for him. Because, see this isn't the first time thanos has attempted to manipulate others to his benefit, and found them lacking, and proceeded to go out on his own and fuck shit up. He's smart, but he's never really been a master manipulator. His intelligence is best on display in how tactically he fights,the design of his weapons and ship, and the technological upgrades he's made to his body.
>>
Hopefully Shakespearian
>>
>>81971548
>cosmic-style conflict
When you say it like that, it makes me think you just want to see a glorified CGI fest that's taking cues from Dragon ball Z.
>>
>>81971548
>With Markus and McFeely behind the 8-ball so to speak when it comes to having to spend such a good chunk of time introducing Thanos, they are acutely aware they have a lot of characters coming together who all need their own storylines.

>McFeely explains their approach saying, “We still have to take it on a character-by-character basis. The challenge is hanging on to character as motivation when you blow the canvas up to the entire universe. And not to make it seem like all your people look like tiny little video game characters running around.” Adds Markus, “It’s just trying to balance character moments in the middle of big, crazy Jim Starlin action.”
Nah, I think IW is in good hands. Russos also said that they're really excited to go full cosmic in Infinity after having the Cap movies being more grounded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi4MLf0jys4

Skip to 16:08.
>>
>>81971947
I suppose he's lost one now. I think he knows where at least 2 are though, possibly 3 if his spy network is good enough to tell him about Xandar, which it probably is. If I had to guess, I think Loki is not working toward Thanos' goals at this point, and if he sent an Infinity Stone to the Collector, he wants it out of Thanos' reach.
>>
File: pepe evans.jpg (6 KB, 188x252) Image search: [Google]
pepe evans.jpg
6 KB, 188x252
>>81971637
>Thanos is just a Fiege self-insert
>>
>>81971995
>you just want to see a glorified CGI fest that's taking cues from Dragon ball Z
What made you think that? "Cosmic" is a mindset, and it's not all about the effects. It's about the themes, the portrayals. I'm talking about whether the movie will just be "The Avengers all fight a big purple alien" or whether we'll get a true cosmic adventure with side characters like A'Lars, Eros, or others related to Thanos' story-line. I want him to not just be a throwaway MCU villain, I want hims to be a fleshed out character, Ideally with Lady Death involved too. That's "cosmic style". It's weird and mystical, and almost spiritual, but with a feel more scientific than ancient and traditional.
>>
>>81970361
Since the idea of Thanos being interested in Death has been teased already, do you think they'll keep her vague (maybe Thanos just hallucinates her, or maybe he just loves Death as a concept) or will they go full cosmic entity?
>>
>>81972374
I wouldn't mind if the movie show thanos sees Death while the other characters don't, and it stays ambiguous as to whether or not she's real all the way through Part 1.
>>
File: Death.jpg (648 KB, 950x1405) Image search: [Google]
Death.jpg
648 KB, 950x1405
I'm not too familiar with Thanos. I just read everything collected in "The Life of Captain Marvel", and want to continue with what is collected in "Warlock Vol. 2", but haven't been able to get my hands on it. Could anyone storytime, or point me to the right direction?
>>
>>81972517
I wish I could. I'v looked for some of that stuff before.
>>
>>81972479
>Thanos kills Cap
>Death hits on Cap
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.