[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is going to be out of this world.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8
File: file.png (857 KB, 612x929) Image search: [Google]
file.png
857 KB, 612x929
This is going to be out of this world.
>>
>>81969945
And out of your ass
>>
>>81969967
How about we go inside my ass.
>>
>>81969945
>Johnny's shitty trigger discipline

Race would be mortified.
>>
>>81969945
It'll also get cancelled at 12 issues
>>
Is this part of the Hanna-Barbera cinematic universe?
>>81969991
>implying he is literally about to shoot to kill that ghost man
>>
>>81969945
>I AM SPACE GHOST
>WELCOME TO THE SHOW
>>
>>81970040
Yep
>>
>>81970066
The idea of space ghost without George Lowe's voice is incomprehensible to me. My mind can hardly register the original cartoon's existence.
>>
If they actually made a decent Johnny Quest movie, I think the happiest person I know of would be my dad. He fucking loved Johnny Quest when he was a kid. He'd see that shit in theaters opening day.
>>
>>81970171
You aren't missing out, it was atrocious. Only Coast to Coast is worth mentioning. They blew that so far out of the water, it died and became a ghost in space.
>>
Shaner on a monthly is the only reason I haven't trashed the entire Hanna-Barbera lineup. (ok, Wacky Raceland looks kinda neat, too)
>>
>>81970689
Robert Rodriguez is the first guy I'd trust to make a campy adventure movie.
>>
>>81969945
Does look pretty sick.

I wanna see Race wrestle one of the Herculoids and win.
>>
>>81971701
It's the writer of Prez on Flintstones! It's the whole JL3000 team on Scooby Doo!

Every book looks great
>>
>All the cartoonfags who shit up the board with furtopia threads won't bother even checking out storytimes
Fucking cartoonfags and live action capeshit fags are the cancer destroying this board.
>>
>>81972268
will he call them hippies for not fighting in Vietnam?
>>
>>81972722
meta shitposting is still shitposting, shitposter.
>>
>>81969945
You think they'll reference the revival show

>Space Ghost: (Jokingly) When this is done, I'm gonna retire and host a talkshow
>Birdman: Hah! Maybe I'll go back to school and get my law degree
>>
>>81969945
And canceled after two issues.
>>
>>81970171
I barely remember the original space ghost. I'm 25 and I'm guessing I used to watch it when I was 4 or 5

I remember it having some weird fucking characters like a mammal with a bunch of legs
>>
>>81972848
No, Parker is a better writer than that
>>
>>81973323
Thank god for that.
>>
File: Fred.jpg (17 KB, 350x269) Image search: [Google]
Fred.jpg
17 KB, 350x269
Will there be magic sky castles?
>>
File: hipster shaggy.jpg (125 KB, 600x655) Image search: [Google]
hipster shaggy.jpg
125 KB, 600x655
Does anyone have no connection with any of these characters but curious of checking them out on concept alone? I love Scooby, but don't know any of the characters in Future Quest or Wacky Raceland.
>>
>>81969991
>>81970040
>Implying he hasn't already unloaded three futile shots into the ghost man.
>>
>>81975571
I'm excited for Scooby,Future Quest and Flinstones, but couldn't give less of a shit about Wacky Raceland.
>>
Parker/Shaner can do no wrong.
This is easily going to be one of the best books of the year.

>>81971701
You're crazy, Wacky Raceland is the only one without an A+ team.
>>
>>81975571
>hipster Shaggy
Isn't that an oxymoron
>>
>>81969945
That artwork looks nothing like Alex Toth. What the fuck, do modern artists have no concept of standard proportion? It's like everyone is half assing their wrinkles and figures in a vain attempt to look like a shitty modern approximation of the old MAD magazine style. About the only real appeal of the old HB JQ show was the key frame illustrations. Sure, the animation was limited and the stories were pretty stupid, but they had some prime artists working with them to make some moments look pretty bad ass.
>>
>>81975571
I've seen a little of the original Johnny Quest and it's pretty awesome, but I only know the others in Future Quest through Coast to Coast and Attorney at Law.

The concept alone got my attention, but the guys making it means it's a must-buy. Same with Scooby Apocalypse.
Not really sold on Flintstones or Wacky Raceland, though.
>>
>>81970171
The idea of Birdman not being an incompetent lawyer voiced by Gary Cole is the same for me.
>>
File: tothspaceghost.jpg (73 KB, 725x592) Image search: [Google]
tothspaceghost.jpg
73 KB, 725x592
>>81976322
I mean, seriously. Look at this shit. The draftsmanship is flawless; it's just a model reference sheet and it looks a bajillion times better than that flat half assed cover.
>>
>>81976477
It's just a cartoon. Relax your pants, autist.
>>
>>81976477
>>81976322
An artist not being as good as Alex-fucking-Toth seems pretty understandable.
>>
>>81976437
I grew up watching H&B reruns on the old CN back in the 90's. This was before they started porting over anime like Ronin Warriors or G Force, so Birdman and the Galaxy Trio, The Herculoids and Thundar the Barbarian were the only real action oriented kids shows to be found outside of Saturday morning. When Toonami came around for its first season Moltar ran the show and used to have little segments between episodes. I remember he talked about Turok: Dinosaur Hunter and Princess Mononoke when they first came out, and how awesome they are. Then he talked about Birdman for whatever reason, and pointed out he was pretty much the worst super hero ever, simply because Birdman had his ass handed to him every episode. And I was thinking, yeah, Birdman is pretty shit compared to Space Ghost.
>>
>>81976534
It just means they're not trying hard enough, goddamnit! I can emulate Toth's style no problem, it's all about learning those old ass comic book tricks, using them to your advantage and something called "not being a hack". I swear, the market is saturated with underwhelming artists, shoddy draftsmen and arrogant Kirby fanboys who need to be slapped in the face with a lesson in subtle framing.
>>
My memory is a bit foggy since its been literal decades and I was very young during the original run. Did Johnny ever use guns?
>>
>>81976697
Oh, wait, your problem is that he's not COPYING Toth?

Well eat shit, then.
>>
>>81969945
I'm game.
>>
Was there a karate monkey or did I imagine that shit?
>>
>>81977359
I can't remember clearly, but probably.
And if not, Race and Benton certainly did, and Jonny here is older than he was in the cartoons.
>>
File: Race.jpg (130 KB, 736x1273) Image search: [Google]
Race.jpg
130 KB, 736x1273
>>81969945
There better be some sexy Race.
>>
Quite frankly, anytime /co/ talks about Alex Toth I get happy.
>>
File: 1377259781054.jpg (69 KB, 395x600) Image search: [Google]
1377259781054.jpg
69 KB, 395x600
>>
File: Johnny and Hadji.jpg (19 KB, 300x204) Image search: [Google]
Johnny and Hadji.jpg
19 KB, 300x204
>>81977359
Yes
>>
>>81976477
>>81976322
Why would they hire a guy to emulate a different artist, you dumb fuck?
>>
>>81969945
I've been living under a rock - can someone explain to me whats going on here? I loved the golden age of SGC2C etc. on Adult Swim - are some of those characters getting comics? In their original HB versions I assume, or the dumbass Adult Swim versions?
>>
>>81985337
Bunch of Hanna Barbera properties are getting comics that are either stylized reboots or crossover related
>Future Quest is Johnny Quest meets Space Ghost
>Scooby Apocalypse is about Mystery Inc. searching for real ghosts, instead of Scoobs talking he has something that displays his mood via emoticon bubbles and every character got a redesign. Note: They already have 2 normal Scooby Doo books hoing on
>Flinstones just seems to be Flinstones with a slightly realistic artstyle and the kids grown up
>Wacky Raceland is Mad Max meets Wacky Races

Also all of these books take place in a single continuity

>>81982619
Oh shit I hope Blue Falcon is in Scooby-Doo. I wanna see how hes related to Space Ghost
>>
>>81982619
>Justice Hole episode invades my mind
>>
>>81982780
>Hadji's "I'm ready to fucking die now" face
just bide your time kid, let the little Aryan bastard fuck up and break that oath before you do

or get social services involved and hope you live long enough to play foster home roulette
>>
>>81985720
Flintstones is going be HEAVY on the satire
>>
>>81975571
>that chin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62UzLgdb1GQ
>>
>>81976697
why the fuck would I buy a book with an Artist I actually like and then ask him to not use his own art style? Do you also rag on about companies not having a House Style anymore?

I know this might be a foreign concept to you but a lot of people actually like the way Shaner draws and doesn't mind that it's not a 1:1 recreation of Alex Toth's style since that was never what he was going for.
>>
>>81972901
>implying
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.