[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What exactly are the qualifications for being able to wield Thor's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8
File: 73426-thorhammer.jpg (2 MB, 4008x2220) Image search: [Google]
73426-thorhammer.jpg
2 MB, 4008x2220
What exactly are the qualifications for being able to wield Thor's hammer?
>>
>>81964617
Be hot.
>>
>>81964617
Be plot-convenient
>>
>>81964617
You gotta have shit taste in weapons.

>a fucking mallet
>>
>>81964674
Tell that to your crushed ribcage
>>
>>81964617
Odin's approval.
>>
To have cancer
>>
>>81964617
Be a registered democrat
>>
>>81964617
Anyone have those panels of when Spider-Man wielded it?
>>
>>81964617
Being worthy.
>>
to have a willingness to kill your enemies without malice in your heart
>>
The hammer itself has it's own complex moral system that should not be questioned.
>>
>>81964617
What are the exact qualifications for wielding a magic hammer that gives you a god's powers?

Oh well that's easy, y
>>
Have the right intention at the right place at the right time.

Even if you're as pure as Cap, you wouldn't be able to lift that shit if your intention is just to see if you can.

Or this is what it was always supposed to be but writers fucked this shit up and forgot it
>>
>>81964837
You have to be molested as a child? That seems kind of harsh.
>>
>>81964617
Courage
Nobility
PRAGMATISM (none of that, killing is wroooooooooong crap)
>>
>>81964617
1. Be elevator
2. ???????
3. Profit
>>
>>81964652
T H I S
>>
File: 1450940106515 (1).jpg (27 KB, 318x307) Image search: [Google]
1450940106515 (1).jpg
27 KB, 318x307
>>81964617

>be me
>>
>>81964617

Courage. Honor. And be a warrior.
>>
Be a woman. At least since Original Sin. Well, Loki wielded it in Axis, but Loki's not a conventional male.
>>
..Whose idea WAS fem-Thor anyway?
>>
>Be Australian
>>
>>81964617
Be a suitable heir to the throne of Asgard as designated by the criteria hard coded into the hammers magic by Odin. Be a "Worthy Heir".

Thats pretty much what the damn things for: guide Thor, keep him on the path of being Odin's successor.

So something like:

Be a good leader willing to make the hard choices (kill when necessary) who will accept the leadership of others when it is right (Odin, Captain America) but will not compromise on the values of Asgard. You must also be a strong and charismatic warrior. Also dont be a jerk who annoys people simply for its own value, thats a bad trait in rulers.

Thats why people like Spider-Man, Black Widow, Vision, Beta-Rey Bill, Cap, Storm (and even Wonderwoman in the crossovers) have managed to wield it. It selects for "kingliness". They would all make pretty good rulers by Asgardian standards, making peace when possible but willing to kill or even go to war when the chips were down and its the only remaining option/best possible option.

So other "Kingly" people would likely be able to wield it, especially those trained for royal succession.

So Black Panther could probably wield it, so could Hercules, Doom. Probably not Namor, he is too much of a dick. Black Bolt, Medusalith, Lilandra, J'son, Groot, Brian Braddock, Conan, Blastaar and so on probably could as well, anyone who is a good king.

In DC, probably not Superman, but Arthur/Aquaman or Mara/Aquawoman probably could, I would say Black Adam, Starfire, Blackfire, Hawkman, Hawkgirl could all probably lift it too.
>>
File: Beta Ray motherfucking Bill.jpg (212 KB, 1235x766) Image search: [Google]
Beta Ray motherfucking Bill.jpg
212 KB, 1235x766
>>81964617
you must be at least THIS BASED to pick up the hammer
>>
The qualifications, exactly, are that the hammer judges you worthy to wield the power of Thor. That sounds like a tautology but it's not, really, and it's the only accurate definition you will ever get.
>>
>>81966252
Nice fanfic m8
>>
Nowadays? Have a vagina/gaping axe wound.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume the list will also include being ambiguously brown or a Muslim woman soon enough.
>>
File: CanThor.jpg (220 KB, 800x801) Image search: [Google]
CanThor.jpg
220 KB, 800x801
>>81966696
>being based
I don't think that's a necessity.
>>
>>81967323
That's just the Hammer on Easy mode.

Note: Fem-Thor doesn't do as based things as other thors.

The Hammer runs on based-ness and is more powerful the more based you are.

It's like a Green Lantern ring.
>>
A big swingin dick.
>>
in case of of good writers, it depends on your kirby level.

If you are Kirbian enough you can lift the hammer, like cap or beta ray bill, other wise you cant.
>>
>>81965163
I never got the whole "Pure Cap" thing. What makes him so special?
>>
>>81964617
No black people.
>>
>>81964617
Depends on the writer. Simonson believed that besides all of the good qualities you need a warrior's killer instinct, which disqualified boy scouts like Cap. But then Tom Defalco, Cap fanboy that he is, had Steve pick it up anyway. As have other writers since.
>>
File: saynamoresaynamore.gif (5 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
saynamoresaynamore.gif
5 KB, 100x100
>>81964750
OH WAIT
>>
>>81969112
He's just a guy who wants to do the right thing. That's it. The thing is, that's a pretty big deal in Marvel since it's an entire universe filled with assholes who do good for mostly ulterior motives.
>>
>>81964617
Pretty vague.
You need to be a selfless hero, but you also need to have a "warrior's spirit".
>>
>>81969112
He's an incredibly decent and selfless human being but he's also still a soldier and thus understands in some situations you have to be a fighter and be willing to take a life.
Cap doesn't do it to most super criminals (or didn't before all Marvel comics became dumbass operatic poorly-written crossovers) because he believes in the justice system and is upholding it's values even when it's easier to kill some guys.

Basically, you have to be selfless and brave while having a deep respect for the sanctity of life while being pragmatic enough to understand that to protect life you sometimes have no alternative but to take it.
>>
>>81964652
/thread
>>
>>81965270
1: Have Thor put hammer on a glass table
2: Grab hold of the handle
3: Start pushing down, as if you're trying to push the hammer closer to the ground, but consciously intent to simply hold it
4: With the other hand use a normal hammer to break the glass table.
5a: Mjölnir refuses to move from the spot it was laid, hovering in hair in your hands, making it seem like you're holding it.
5b: Mjölnir falls to the ground towards which you were pushing it, effectively doing what you wanted it to.
6: Suck it Thor
>>
File: Luke Cage.jpg (193 KB, 251x362) Image search: [Google]
Luke Cage.jpg
193 KB, 251x362
>>81969439
>>
>>81964617
E.T. said it best: B gud.
>>
>>81965069
Goku, basically.
>>
>>81964617
In the MCU the hammer reacts to virginity.
>>
>>81964617
Is there an opposite to Mjolnir? Like Satan's crowbar that you can only wield if you possess the cruelest of hearts?
>>
>>81971216
I've decided now.
My superpower is the ability to summon glass tables wherever I want them.
>>
So how aware is the hammer to current situations? Say thor is knocked the fuck out, the hammer is right next to me, and Im willing to fight the villain currently destroying the city. What are my odds? Do I have to reason with the damn thing saying "I just need you for five minutes"
>>
>>81971296
Truly, blaxploitation is the greatest superpower of all.
>>
>>81964674
A gun would've been pretty sweet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsR4XcRge6U
>>
>>81973633
depends if you are reluctant or if grabbing the hammer is your first instinct
>>
>>81964617
Cancer
>>
File: Indestructible Hulk 007-003.jpg (3 MB, 1920x2951) Image search: [Google]
Indestructible Hulk 007-003.jpg
3 MB, 1920x2951
It used to be honor and all that ideal warrior stuff but it's 2016! Just go with the flow maaan
>>
>>81974992
Explain
>>
>>81975214

Didn't Hulk just grab it as it flew by?
>>
File: Indestructible Hulk 007-004.jpg (3 MB, 1920x2951) Image search: [Google]
Indestructible Hulk 007-004.jpg
3 MB, 1920x2951
>>81976076
Held onto it as Thor called it, plus the Hammer using the chance to fuck with the Hulk while wrecking frostgiants
>>
Mjolnir obeys the laws of gravity right? If I dug out the ground from beneath it, it'd fall correct?
>>
>>81975214
Waid was a mistake
>>
>>81964617
Don't know what they used to be. Evidently they removed the "Must Have a Penis" restriction.
>>
>>81964617
It's all about Privilege are you worthy is the case so it's all up to the hammer. Hammer wanted Thor to check his which is why he isn't Thor right now.
>>
>>81976382
If it wants to, it generates it's own gravity/magic

>>81976488
I liked some of his stuff, bit hit and miss, drifted off towards the end. Hulk usually gets a pretty bad written treatment so it's 'good' in a pile of shit
>>
>>81975217
Not him but like "Sweet Thors hammer time to save the day!" Isn't as good as "Oh no who will beat the guy? I have to help"
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.