[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: The Avengers.jpg (300 KB, 1261x946) Image search: [Google]
The Avengers.jpg
300 KB, 1261x946
What went right?
>>
>>81952641
I actually like Age of Ultron a bit better than Avengers. My only real issue with AoU is that it has too many quips and the Banner/SW romance is cringe-worthy. Avengers doesn't really age well though and it has just as many quips.
>>
>>81952641
It ended.
>>
>>81952679
"The Avengers" has a tighter script, clear tone and brisker pacing, but "Age of Ultron" has better cinematography, lightning and fight choreography. Character interaction were solid on both.
>>
quips
Flat cinematography
Bad pacing
Awkward dialog
Overly long
Trite and Recycled third acts
Quipping Ultron

More like what went wrong
>>
>>81952679
I prefer AOU for Viz, QS and SW.

BW is bland as always. Especially next to better girl, Wanda.
>>
>>81952641
They ignore years-old nonsense from the comics, used only the good points and are making a new story, based on the strong points of good stories.
>>
>>81952641
Avengers 1 is only good because it was unique at the time. Trying to do the same thing and expecting lightning to strike twice only got us a precursor to Batman v Superman
>>
The first one had no Thor side plot thing that sucked. That's what went right.
>>
File: 1392262138421.jpg (329 KB, 1188x1262) Image search: [Google]
1392262138421.jpg
329 KB, 1188x1262
>>81952679
AOE had too many ultron bots, its like, is a single bot a threat? If so why can Hawk Guy and Lady man sit there and kill dozens but the same one gives Iron man or Thor any trouble at all? I remember when they're all in a circle and it goes slowmo and I thought in the theatre, "I just got bored by super heros fighting robots, 10 year old me would never believe it, I better not tell him one day we see britney speares' cooter and that's dissapointing too or he's going to pic related.
>>
>>81952641
>What went right?
Nothing
>>
they are not aging very well

to kidde pool for my taste
>>
>>81952641
For a "team" movie they both do a good job of establishing and exploring the individuality of most of the characters.

That's about it for me. Not that I hated either really, But beyond that they're pretty average/acceptable but not special or stand out in any way.
>>
>>81952679
I disagree but respect your opinion.

The first movie had adequate build-up from the prior films, and I felt AoU did not.

Ultron also needed more character development, in contrast Loki virtually co-starred in Thor, so audiences who watched that were already familiar with the character's motivations.
>>
>>81952768
>and fight choreography.

Eh. At times. I still like the tracking shot in the first one a lot better at the splash page fight. Cap was improved a lot in the second one though.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.