[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This show makes me so fucking upset it's unhealthy. It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 16
File: quality8.jpg (43 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
quality8.jpg
43 KB, 1280x720
This show makes me so fucking upset it's unhealthy. It's been like two fucking years and I'm still angry. How do I move on?
>>
watch Steven Universe, it will heal you

;^)
>>
>>81949959
I think the reason I still haven't watched SU despite so many people recommending it to me is that I just don't WANT to like that show.
>>
>>81950316

I think maybe the reason you're still upset after two years is because you're a very unhappy person who looks for reasons to be angry because you don't know how else to live your life.
>>
>>81950372
This. Korra has its problems but they're not nearly as bad as /co/ makes it out to be.
>>
>>81949750
Fap to xteal2 and Polyle's Korra doujinshis.
>>
>>81950372
Not really. It's not like it's consumed my life or anything. It's just anytime I'm reminded of it on /co/ I just get so angrily depressed at how much that show's concept was wasted.

>>81950408
Shit like this makes me mad too. It's one thing to like Korra. I can't fault anyone for liking what they like. But you objectively cannot argue how fucking terrible that show's writing was.
>>
>>81950316

it's ok, I was in that kind of denial. it's pretty gud. But keep going, it will get good after 6 episodes (maybe more depending how much do you WANT to hate it)

I was like that with Dark Souls, I tried it but it was shit anyway
>>
I think my mistake was that I hyped myself for it too much. I can't remember something that made me more excited than Korra's first trailer. I was convinced that show was going to be the greatest cartoon ever made. It had the talent that made A:TLA with even more money to spare. What could possibly go wrong? And for the first few episodes. I was fucking euphoric. Thinking back on it, it's kind of goddamn embarrassing how happy the first episode made me. It was literally perfect. All my dreams were coming true. And the next episode was great too. And the next few. And then Asami got introduced. And I shitposted about shipping for a while. But then the show actually started devolving into love triangle bullshit. But it was okay because the main villain was cool as shit. Oh wait he was Tarlock's brother? But why? Okay now they killed themselves? But what happens to the rest of the Equalists? Non-benders are still getting their shit pushed in. Just gonna ignore that? Okay. Why was Asami here? Just to get shit on by Korra and Mako for no real reason? Oh okay. And how come Bolin didn't have a single character developing moment? To make room for romance bullshit? Okay.
>>
>>81950801
I promise that's not copypasta. I just had a bit of a tangent.
>>
>>81949750
Stop spending time here. It's cancer. Find something else.
>>
Obsessively shitpost about it on an anonymous message board
>>
>>81949959
i could never really like the art style. It doesn't help that some main female characters are fat. It just doesn't make sense in adventure/action genre. I throw a little in my mouth every time i see that pic of the fatty with pink hair holding a sword. What the hell is she going to do with it? eat it?
>>
>>81950801
>It had the talent that made A:TLA
that was your mistake. Bryke just gave the idea, but they're not the ones that made the show great.
>>
>>81950801
>>81950844
i don't know if it helps, but S02 explains what happened to the equalists. They kind of "won" and elected Raiko.
>>
>>81950479
Dude you are still upset about something after two years...a cartoon.

And you refuse to watch some other cartoon because you don't want to like the show.

You're a fag. That's the issue. I'm sorry to be the one to break it to you but these are signs you are just some fag.
>>
File: 1420876404607.png (486 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1420876404607.png
486 KB, 1440x900
>>81950408
Weird thing is, last June I watched the original again after years, the last time I watched them was before korra started, and of course fell in love with it again. then I thought, hey, Korra wasn't that bad I'll watch it

I had to stop midway through episode 2, the writing was just so awful.
What ever happened to the likable gang of adventurous kids?
>>
>>81951761
I think the problem is that both shows are just shit.
>>
Kill urself my man
>>
I think the problems with Korra lie in the nonsensicle nature of the writing, TLA was very well thought out and made perfect sense within the context of the show, this was likely due to there being a lot more writiers and there being a set number of seasons and Brian and Mike had thought out the story ahead of time.

For example, Zaheer makes no sense
Are we supposed ot believe that a guy who had no knowledge that people randomly being given bending was a possiblity? He was completely unawares after harmonic convergence. And of course the absurd odds that of the handful of people who get bending, the guy who has studied airbending for years for no reason, knowing that he wont be able to use it, gets the powers. It would be like someone who studied sword fighting techniques but all he had no sword to practice with.

Same thing with Amon, what was his end goal? just keep taking away bending one at a time? what does he do about benders being born, what happens when he dies?
>>
>>81951800
Different show.

Not about an adventure but about someone trying to find their place in a world that is changing and then debates on if they even have a place in the world anymore.
>>
>>81950801
Reminder: Bryke were not certain if Nick would support LoK for another season. As a result, Season 1 was intended to be a self-contained story with a clear beginning, middle and end. To be clear once more: LoK was only intended for one season. A season where Mako forgets Asami and her feelings for Korra, to ensure that was the official pairing of LoK. Not to mention other flaws you have pointed out.

Bryke had once chance. They blew it, but they were still rewarded for it with three more seasons.
>>
>>81952245
It's still hacky as fuck from season 1. Season 2 is just abyssmal Season 3 is better but not good. I don't even know what 4 was trying to be.

Bryke Luciased themselves. They thought they could do it without the group of writers who made the series amazing. They were wrong.
>>
>>81952245
They were also not certain if Nick was going to pick up Avatar past the first twelve episodes but they didn't make The Storm an endgame but rather a history that showcased Zuko and Aang's lives and cast them out into a "storm."

I agree that Bryke blew it with LoK. Even if they wanted things to be wrapped up in a bow and make it be only 12 episodes then they did a terrible job and focused on the wrong things.
>>
>>81952245
Well NIck cut that show episode number more than once for that first season so it was a bit of a jumble.

Regardless it was their highest purchased Digital Program they've had since.
>>
>>81950844
>I promise that's not copypasta
It is now.
>>
>>81951601

dude, fiction doesn't have to make sense all the time

try to watch CSI, some of that shit is fucking absurd (the hacking episode is shit). If I concentrate in that I will never watch anything because it isn't a good representation of real life

tl;dr: it's just a cartoon, bro
>>
Watch something that will make you angrier to replace it. Try Arrow for example.
>>
File: 1458523532816.gif (27 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1458523532816.gif
27 KB, 300x169
Normally I'd call you a faggot.

But then I saw how Homestuck ended.

Your pain is mine now.
>>
I still like it. Its different and I overall like Korra more than Aang.

They do what Snyder tried to do with Superman, actually a bit better.
>>
>>81952245
I know that. But it's not an excuse. In fact it's the opposite of an excuse. If you know that you only have 12 episodes to tell a story, the you don't waste time on plot points that lead nowhere. You don't try and squeeze in this hackneyed fucking love triangle. You use that time to develop characters while moving a strong plot. But between Airbending, Probending, the Equalists, and that worthless fucking love affair there wasn't any time left to flesh out the characters or resolve the story. It's such inefficient writing it's goddamn baffling. There are several shows that prove that you can get a lot of mileage out of 12 episodes, but Korra felt like it wasted every single fucking one.
>>
>>81952450
>fiction doesn't have to make sense all the time
fiction can create rules if it stands by them, but you always should ask yourself "why".

Why people can throw fire from their hands in LoK? well, it's part of the plot, it's explained in-universe in a way that makes sense.

Now why are the characters in an adventure/action show fat?

you just can't find a good answer.
>>
>>81952578
>Now why are the characters in an adventure/action show fat?
Well, not to defend SU but the fat purple one is a gem hologram so their bodies aren't really detrimental to their strength or speed, and Steven is the healer/shield maiden. He don't do fight.

God damnit, a Korra thread made me defend SU. That's how fucking bad Korra is.
>>
File: 1380991292267.png (312 KB, 586x489) Image search: [Google]
1380991292267.png
312 KB, 586x489
>>81949750
the onyl good thing about season 2 were those QUALITY periot episodes
>>
>>81952245
I still can't believe S1 spent almost a third of the entire season focused on a fictional magical sport that had no relevance to the plot, other than an excuse for Korra to encounter Mako and Bolin, and a love triangle involving whether or not the MC would pair up with her romantic interest.

I heard Nick cut the initial number of episodes for the season, but that's more evidence that the writers couldn't write a storyline, and couldn't edit. There are countless times where writers face short deadline, funding is reduced, and episodes are entirely removed.

So, knowing all this, why did they decide to focus so much time on pro-bending and other irrelevant details?
>>
>>81952452
Watching the first episodes of Arrow right now and so far I like it. Felicity is my favorite secondary background character, and I hope they just keep piling it on over how out of her league she is with Queen.
>>
>>81953008
Do yourself a favor and only watch till the Season 3 mid season finale.
>>
>>81950408
I know this comparison is made often, but it really is like the Star Wars prequels, they aren't the worst thing ever, just a really disappointing follow up to something so good, and that always feels worse than when something is just bad on its own.
>>
>>81949750
Fuck Bryke, i'm mad too.
>>
>>81952578

wait, with that logic you wouldn't watch looney toons because there is not scientific explanation for animals talking and being loony

dude, stop, really
>>
>>81952804
>airbender learns to spit fire.png
>>
>>81949750
after korra, I watched Eden of the eat and the engrossing plot helped me forget about Korra
If you want something western try this
-really funny and light-hearted
-no social agenda pushed
-no complex plot
>>
>>81953288
animals talking is the entire premise of the show. It's comedy. It also makes sense in-universe for them to talk. You can create rules in fiction, as i said. But if people ever ask 'why'. It's a reasonable motivation, not a reasonable explanation (but having both is better)
>>
>>81951800
I watched the original series in between Book 3 and 4 of Korra. I expected to be a little disappointed since I hadn't watched it since I was a kid but to my surprise it was as good as I remembered it. Maybe watching it as a kid imbued it with a little magic that someone who hadn't seen it at 11-13 wouldn't experience but I really loved rewatching the original. Some of the episodes early one weren't that great but once the show gets into gear halfway around Book 1 its just magical.
>>
>>81950801
>>81950844
Your rant is perfect. I think we all had really high hopes and those hopes had a lot of momentum. But slowly they were chipped away at by each little mistake until we were left jaded and disappointed.
>>
>>81951960
>For example, Zaheer makes no sense
>Are we supposed ot believe that a guy who had no knowledge that people randomly being given bending was a possiblity? He was completely unawares after harmonic convergence. And of course the absurd odds that of the handful of people who get bending, the guy who has studied airbending for years for no reason, knowing that he wont be able to use it, gets the powers. It would be like someone who studied sword fighting techniques but all he had no sword to practice with.
Of all the legit things to complain about I think this is not one of them.

It seems to me many of the new airbenders were people who desired freedom. Opal wanted freedom from her parents, Kai wanted freedom from the law, and Zaheer wanted freedom for himself and the entire world.
>>
>>81952854
They are the George Lucas of cartoons.
>>
>>81952804
And Varrick was introduced.
>>
File: A Funny Comic.png (246 KB, 540x679) Image search: [Google]
A Funny Comic.png
246 KB, 540x679
>>81953820
So what you're saying is that Air is Freedom?
>>
>>81952245
>>81952381
One of my biggest issues with the series is that they really moved away from one of the most attractive aspects of the original; the world building. Now they did introduce new settings and whatnot but none of them were really explored the way the different locations in AtLA were. We really got to see the Northern Water Tribe and Ba Sing Se and the Fire Nation.

In Korra they rushed the plot so much you didn't really get to take in Republic City or Zaofu. Which is a shame because they both seemed like great cities.
>>
>>81953820
Why train for something you know you will never be able to use?
>>
>>81951601

Go wtach a strongman competition, or read up on gladiators. They were 90% muscle buried under a healthy and protective layer of fat.
>>
File: Mary Holding Jesus.jpg (68 KB, 786x600) Image search: [Google]
Mary Holding Jesus.jpg
68 KB, 786x600
>>81953647
Yeah, I felt the same way, cept I watched it when It was first on and I was 12
>yfw you got to see the original trailers for it and saw them new on tv

but yeah, when I watched them again I teared up during Iroh's tale and when Aang was remembering appa during the appa's last days episode, i felt more for the Avatar's pet then i did when Korra was crippled in a wheelchair crying.

Also liked the Christian themes and imagery in the show, aside from pic related Iroh and zuko in season 3 is exactly like the prodigal son, when he embraces Zuko when he comes back thats just like the parable.
>>
File: Zaheer vs Kya full.webm (3 MB, 560x312) Image search: [Google]
Zaheer vs Kya full.webm
3 MB, 560x312
>>81953990
Yes

>>81954094
Zaheer didn't seem to fight with traditional airbending techniques. He might take some moves from them but it seems to be his own style. The fact that it meshed with his airbending once he got it probably comes down to personality.

Remember how Aang's personality wasn't well suited to earthbending and Korra's wasn't to airbending? Zaheer could've been the opposite, perfectly suited to airbending, so much so he became formidable the minute he got airbending.

And remember most people didn't have any experience fighting against airbending so that gave him a huge advantage over most of the people he fought against. Some who did, like Kya and Tenzin, were able to hold their own. Tenzin seriously schooled him when they fought. Zaheer's airbending must've seemed like child's play given he was taught by Aang himself.

>>81954197
The frst series had more of an emotional punch because it spent so much time on a fairly small cast whereas Korra ended up building a huge cast where few got a significant amount of screen time.
>>
File: 1420087061667.jpg (73 KB, 716x521) Image search: [Google]
1420087061667.jpg
73 KB, 716x521
>>81954278
I disagree, Korra and TLa had similar sized casts. I think it has to do with what the characters had been through and why we shoudl care about them. Aang actually saves the world and admits his mistakes instead of making everything worse and not getting rightly blamed for it like Korra. Aang had an innocence to him, both because he was young and it was his personality, but he also just acted like someone who we actually cared about, him, and team avatar were the underdogs, faced against the most powerful military force in history were just a handful of heroes. Aang grows on us because we inherently root for him and his actions make us liek him, Korra is the reverse, she grows up knowing how important she is and is the most protected person on earth, there is no massive firenation to overcome, the world is not out of balance needing restoration ,but in balance needing security. Having korra be the world's policeman is just not that endearing, worst of all she acts likes a whiny child and doesn't seem to grow in strength or character.
>>
>>81954694
>I disagree, Korra and TLa had similar sized casts.
Not exactly. With the original series you had

-Aang
-Katara
-Sokka
-Toph
-Roku
-Zuko
-Iroh
-Azula
-Suki

With each new season maybe one or two character are introduced. With Korra there's

-Korra
-Mako
-Bolin
-Asami
-Tenzin
-Jinora
-Lin
-Kya
-Bumi
-Verrick
-Kai
-Opal
-Suyin

Each of the new seasons introduced more characters then there was time to properly develop and over time you had a bloated cast with many of the characters having rush or poor development. Why introduce Kai at all if he's going to be irrelevant in Book 4? Why not focus on Opal since she's gong to be in Book 4? All with a total of 52 episodes compared to AtLA's 61.

All that said I don't disagree with the rest of what you said. The Gaang having that underdog status helped them a lot, something the Krew didn't have.
>>
>>81954694

>Korra is the reverse, she grows up knowing how important she is and is the most protected person on earth,

Aang also knew how important he was. After getting shocked by Azula, he was furious that he woke up to a world that thought the Avatar had failed again.

> There is no massive firenation to overcome, the world is not out of balance needing restoration ,but in balance needing security.

Korra's setting was also unbalanced. And she did grow, even if it was subtle.

Book 1 Korra was hot-headed, and loved looking for people to fuck up. She tried to solve all her problems by punching them. In book 4, Korra learns that you can solve things peacefully, and makes mature decisions like saving/imprisoning Kuvira instead of just killing her.

I think anon's opinion on the different cast sizes is correct. In TLA the major focus was always on Aang's crew, and we got to follow them on a slow journey around the world. That's why they grew on us.

With Korra, there was no 'let's travel from place to place and learn about ourselves', and so the characters weren't as endearing.

That being said, I do prefer TLA, but I can appreciate TLK for what it is.

Hopefully someday the avatar universe is explored again. Maybe like a Pokemon Chronicles show, where each episode shows the life of a random avatar.
>>
File: 1419177869109.jpg (408 KB, 1000x508) Image search: [Google]
1419177869109.jpg
408 KB, 1000x508
>>81955059
My thoughts were to have it be an Earth Avatar before Kyoshi where the main threat is a pirate water bending warlord who controls much of the southern hemisphere. It would go back to being about adventurous kids
>>
>>81952854
>>81952555
>Probending
God, the entire fictional sport and how its professional players are compensated seem preposterous, even by the logic of the Avatar universe. Pro-bending is the most popular sport in the Republic, literally almost everyone in the city listens, and if possible, attend the sport matches. Yet, Mako and Bolin are paid meager wages despite the fact that the Fire Ferrets are one of the more well-known and talented teams out there in pro-bending?

It’s even confirmed that pro-bending teams are required to fund their spot for the championships. Mako and Bolin seem surprised by this, and it’s revealed they could never cover the initial cost to participate. The question is why? No professional sport team would follow the absurd condition of risking their entire livelihood, just for the chance to compete for the top spot of the most popular sport of the country.

Even worse, the reward is simply the culmination of investments of all teams participating. This ensures the losers, which are the vast majority except one team, would be unable to participate for the next tournament, because they weren't compensated for their efforts despite the amount of training, fees, and equipment involved. It would be just a terrible investment.

So, why did Mako and Bolin bother getting involved if they knew the cost of participating relies on the absurd chance of defeating all the other teams, even when losing their entire livelihood was the more plausible scenario?
>>
>>81955236

I like that idea :)

Is pic related your drawing?
>>
>>81955354
>So, why did Mako and Bolin bother getting involved if they knew the cost of participating relies on the absurd chance of defeating all the other teams, even when losing their entire livelihood was the more plausible scenario?

So we'd feel even more bad for them because they lost their parents and instead of just going to live on Air Temple Island with Tenzin and his commune and get free room and board they instead decide to live on the streets.

>>81955025
>something the Krew didn't have.
Having the White Lotus on call would be overkill. Good thing they're worthless now.

And it's a good thing that the world was so unsafe that Korra couldn't stay with Suyin in her utopia to learn earth/metal, couldn't go stay with Izumi in the Fire Nation to learn fire, and basically couldn't travel the world because the 4 people who tried to kidnap her were locked up. I mean it's not like Aang was ever pursued when he was growing up and didn't turn out to be the greatest person to ever live. I mean Tenzin was so busy kowtowing to Tarrlok that he couldn't teach Korra anyway. Who was she going to learn from? A peaceful airbending environment with other pupils studying airbending that is Air Temple Island? Wouldn't you need like guards or something for such an occasion? Where are we going to get guards from?
>>
File: 1418999873485.png (285 KB, 400x640) Image search: [Google]
1418999873485.png
285 KB, 400x640
>>81955665
No it inspired me though for my idea
-have the main character be about 15 and have mastered Earth Bending
-lives in a rural village
-accidentally uses another form of bending to save someone
-sages come and bring him on a ship to the fire nation
-ship gets destroyed, him and his pet badger mole are only survivors
-wash ashore on a tropical island (pakku said something about them)
-meet water bending girl
- priates turn up to raid the village
- the two fight them off
- take their ship and sail to fire nation
- firebending teacher is a noble firenation girl about their age, like azula but not psycho
- air teacher is a boy monk
-after getting team Avatar together, have them have fun adventures around the world, while leading up to a fight against the pirate lord.
Onyl problem would be It would be cool if the waterbending teacher was a swamp bender
>>
>>81955875
I remember for some months after Korra ended /co/ brainstormed an idea like this but it was a sequel. Anything ever come of that?
>>
>>81949750
Well for one, you can stop making threads about it every day.
>>
>>81955969
Lots of fanart and fanfiction. Not much else. Pretty standard for /co/ content.
>>
>>81953820
>It seems to me many of the new airbenders were people who desired freedom
>Ryu
>literally wanted to live in his mother's basement
it has nothing to do with freedom.

>>81954278
not him, but Zaheer was able to defeat master benders with his airbending. With or without experience, it's a way of fighting he knows for Two fucking weeks. Hell, he hold his own against Tenzin. That's just ridiculous.

But seriously, the worst thing about Zaheer was that his entire reasoning didn't make any sense
"let's kill some leaders and wait to see if Something happens". He legitimate expected that society would turn out to be better and change because of one death, and that no one else would take power. That's autistic.
>>
File: 1419363801981.jpg (29 KB, 500x324) Image search: [Google]
1419363801981.jpg
29 KB, 500x324
>>81955969
I wasn't part of it, I only started browsing /co/ on then night Korra ended, I remembered the ideas fora new series came soon after and the pirate idea was one tossed around, I took it and ran with it, as for the sequel they tried making it got rollign pretty well, they had threads every week a big collection folder, but i guess it burned out, I took some ideas for the characters for my idea. I graduate college soon so I'd be up for being able to do something with this idea with other /co/mrades.
>>
>>81955059
>And she did grow, even if it was subtle.
she does the same immature dumb shit in S04.

>In book 4, Korra learns that you can solve things peacefully
her definition of "solve peacefully" is ask people to stop what they're doing. It's the same as just punching. She didn't try to reason with Kuvira. She just asked her to stop, or else..
>>
>>81949750
Be less autistic.
>>
>>81949750
I'm also angry, anon. Consider Korra to be extremely well-funded fanfic and not canon. It helps alot.
>>
>>81956230
It doesn't help when fanfics end up being better or having more heart to them than the funded ones.

>>81955025
The original series had Aang, Katara, and Sokka plus Zuko's story and Iroh. The others: Suki, Azula, Ty Lee, Mai, and Toph joined later and stuck to one chief antagonist for the series that we saw in different facets: the Fire Nation.

LoK had Korra, Mako, Bolin, Asami, Tenzin, Lin and the antagonists of Book 1. With a bunch of side characters that did nothing unlike the mechanist, Jet and his gang, Bato, the elder White Lotus, people who didn't jump on the airship/sky bison/Satomobile/Naga and just hang out.
LoK took people who should have been a part of the village of the day format for AtLA and had them stick around until the end.
>>
>>81952484
To be fair, Homestuck was a train wreck for a very long while now.
>>
Anyone got that webm of Mako doing the double chin eye roll? That's a premium reaction image.
>>
>>81956461
>LoK took people who should have been a part of the village of the day format for AtLA and had them stick around until the end.
Well said. And on that note I think LoK would've benefited from some village of the day episodes
>>
>protagonist is unlikable most of the series
>Team Avatar never bonds or has moments of just hanging out, like the Gaang did
>relationship drama and cuckoldry
>forced romantic ending that came out of no where
>episodic seasons that don't set up antagonists of the same magnitude as Zuko or Azula
>Avatar State debuffed because MC becomes fully realized Avatar early on
>cut off connection to past lives without consequence
>Bryke doesn't give a shit about what happened to any of the old characters
>Asami is an underused character who is more of a chauffeur for most of the series
>Mako was never made sympathetic
>Bolin is a buffoon the entire series and never had any real conflicts like Sokka did
>>
>>81951960
It's hard to justify fanatics. Their reasoning doesn't need to make sense to the audience, just to themselves. And in a World of Spirits it's not hard to imagine that Airbending found an Air-Weeb who was spiritually attuned to it's power. Same as fanatiscm, the Spirits work in a way that doesn't need to make sense to anybody but themselves. How the hell did Kai, the worst character, get Airbending? How did Opal? Why not Zaheer? Make him the descendant of Air Nomads if that's still too big a stretch.

I have a much bigger issue with Zaheer unlocking Flight. Makes me legit mad the more I think about it.
>>
>>81958858
>I have a much bigger issue with Zaheer unlocking Flight. Makes me legit mad the more I think about it.
Why? I thought the way it was pulled off was decent enough. Maybe a little sappy because he had to lose "muh lady" first but it was foreshadowed at least, which is more than you can say about the final power up Unalaq and Amon pulled out in their seasons.
>>
File: avataronsen.jpg (72 KB, 700x449) Image search: [Google]
72 KB, 700x449
I miss good Avatar material.
>>
File: TLDR- Fuck Legend of Korra.png (162 KB, 1285x976) Image search: [Google]
TLDR- Fuck Legend of Korra.png
162 KB, 1285x976
>>
>>81951960
>TLA was very well thought out and made perfect sense within the context of the show
No.
The hackery of a season-long plot like Aang losing and trying to get back his Avatar state being resolved by chiropractor rock is definite proof it wasn't that well-thought out.
>>
File: TLDR- Fuck Mako.jpg (74 KB, 1160x475) Image search: [Google]
TLDR- Fuck Mako.jpg
74 KB, 1160x475
>>
>>81949750
why? Korra was bad for like 4 seasons straight. You're going on like half a decade of hatred here
>>
>>81958956
It definitely had its flaws but with AtLA the good outweighed the bad for the most part. Not so with LoK.
>>
>>81955354
>Yet, Mako and Bolin are paid meager wages
Much like pro athletes before the 1980s.
When the Philadelphia Warriors move to San Francisco in the 1960s, their star Paul Arizin retired from pro sport because he didn't want to lose his day job he had in Philly.
>>
>>81959016
Certainly but it's no reason to pretend TLA was a masterpiece of writing.
>>
>>81949750

Watch TLA again and understand that Korra didn't actually effect how good it is.
>>
>>81959083
why not? TLA had great writing and Korra had shit writing and you'd do a disservice to the former not to emphasize the gap between it and the latter.
>>
>>81951601
She's an alien rock holoprojecting a hardlight body and the sword is made of magic.

She's not even actually fat, she's just wearing a dress that makes her look bigger than she is. She actually has a very similar figure to Jasper.
>>
>>81954278
Wait, this actually looks like ATLA bending.

Why the fuck did season 1 make the bending look so shitty and weak if they were just going to do this later?

I actually stopped watching Korra after season one because the action was so shit, why did it get good again?
>>
>>81959332

Season 3 is quite good and season 4 isn't bad either. Ignore season 2. It's hot garbage.
>>
>>81958899
Nice Dubs.

I hate it because it undercuts Tenzin, specifically the Zaheer/Tenzin fight, one of the best to come out of Korra. That fight was fantastic. Tenzin is given his moment to shine heroically instead of be a mentor/joke, and he kicks Zaheer's ass, AND grounded their powerlevels. The whole fight showed the difference between a weeb amateur and a true Master.

THEN, Zaheer loses his girlfriend, and within a half a minute he discovers powers that no airbender in 400 years could find. It feels like a cheap powerup and makes Tenzin a joke again. After 3 seasons and a kickass final fight, I felt that Tenzin deserved more.
>>
>>81959381
Season 4 is shit. Season 3 is great though.
>>
Create your own fanfiction about what happened after season 1, and preferably salvage the best parts of Season 3.
Convince yourself that Season 2 and Season 4 were some stress induced delusions, that they don't exist.
>>
>>81950372
>armchair psychology
In my 4chans? It's more likely than you think!
>>
>>81959083
Maybe not a masterpiece but certainly a uniquely good show in a way that LoK unfortunately wasn't able to emulate or compare to in its own way.

>>81959332
Book 3 had some great action. Maybe not all of it, there's still some punch bending here and there, but overall it was excellent. Also a lot more diversity in the bending. Book 2 had so much water bending it was nice to get some airbending.

Book 4 wasn't nearly as good with the action but towards the end there are two really good fight scenes.

>>81959385
I can see what you're saying but I would disagree. Unlocking flight isn't about your training or anything like that. To me it seemed like the spiritual insight("Let go your earthly tether") combined with the wholehearted belief in the ability to fly("base your expectation only on what you see, you blind yourself to a new reality") is what unlocks it.

Its not something that needs time or training, just that insight. Theoretically even an airbender who is only 9 and knows shit about formal airbending technique could learn to fly if he or she could genuinely come across that insight and indeed I've read about some irl spiritual masters who have come across profound spiritual insights at a young age.

Tenzin could probably never do this because his family will keep him firmly on the ground. Not just that but his whole struggle was with him being in the shadow of his father's legacy, another worldly concern.
>>
>>81959239
>She's not even actually fat
>sausage arms
>sausage fingers
>sausage lips as if they've been left in the microwave for too long
>that butterface
Nah fuck you. She's fat.
>>
File: 1378989107030.gif (104 KB, 250x225) Image search: [Google]
1378989107030.gif
104 KB, 250x225
>>81954197
Not him but I never watched it when I was a kid. Watched it first when I was in my early twenties and I was just so entranced by the concept and amazing writing. Part of the reason why ATLA is so great is that they had a plethora of talented writers at their disposal. Not only that but these writers kept Mike and Bryan in check and didn't let it become retarded. In TLOK only Mike and Bryan wrote Season 1, as well as most of Season 2. Only Seasons 3 and 4 had more writers throughout their entire seasons length. This is why you see the obvious writing enhancement when you watch TLOK from Seasons 1-4, more writers came on board.
>>
>>81949750

Stop watching childrens cartoons?
>>
>>81959797
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>81959845

/co/ - liveaction and Box office
>>
>>81958968
Mako wasn't even that bad. He wasn't angsty or brooding past the early part of Book 1.

It's that they never managed to make Mako sympathetic. They tried to do so in Book 2 by making everyone be against him, but it wasn't enough. And then Bryke just decided to give up on the character rather than make any more attempts. He could have been written out of Books 3 and 4 to little effect.
>>
>>81959236
>TLA had great writing
But that's not true. It was hackneyed as fuck, just less so than LOK.
>>
>>81960244
It had great writing during Season 2. Decent-Good Writing at Season 3, and Season 1 was average/okay. Some episodes in Seasons 2-3 were poorly written, but that doesn't account for most of the episodes. Compared to TLOK and most cartoons, ATLA had good writing.
>>
>>81956057
>Ryu wants to live in his mother's basement

Freedom from responsibility. He resents being shipped off to Air Bender school and then when they give him a job as a tour guide he half-asses it because he doesn't want to do that either.
>>
>>81956057
>He legitimate expected that society would turn out to be better and change because of one death, and that no one else would take power.

He wanted this fucked up idea of balance to come about, he said nothing about society turning out better - just balanced.
And getting rid of the Avatar what with Roku/Aang seemed to change the world despite being just one death.
>>
>>81949750
its not your fault. korra is bad. . ore than that it was hyped and even defended evem as it shit all over expectations and lore. I cant help that people like it. theres nothing wrong with that. but to seriously defend it as a good show and a legitimate sequel to what is considered one of the best cartoons of all time is where I draw the line. Season 1 is lame but not bad. season 2 is just fucking awful. Season 3 is actually pretty fun. season 4 is also decent but the ending left a bad taste in my mouth. I could write several long posts explaining whats wrong with the show but weve been shitting on it for 4 years now and its beating a dead horse at thus point.
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.