[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am fearful that the new Jack will be the same or worse than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: Samurai.gif (766 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
Samurai.gif
766 KB, 500x384
I am fearful that the new Jack will be the same or worse than the new Powerpuff Girls.
I want to hope, but I am afraid the disappointment might kill me if I am right.
>>
The new PPG doesn't even have McCracken. Samurai Jack has Tartakovsky and a bunch of the old staff. Calm yourself.
>>
>>81948992
It doesn't ease my fears at all.
>>
I doubt adult swim will force memes into their show in a vain attempt at connecting to an audience I don't even think exists, I'm more worried about it being overly graphic for simple shock value.
>>
File: 1457713209229s.jpg (3 KB, 125x98) Image search: [Google]
1457713209229s.jpg
3 KB, 125x98
>>81948878
I'm still totally hyped for the premiere (whenever it gets here), but I'm seriously starting to have my doubts.It may still have Tartakovsky and the original people who worked on it, it could still go bad really quick.
>Still don't know if the art style is going to be different
>Still don't know if 11 or 30-minute episodes
>Still don't know if Mako's replacement will still voice Aku
>Still don't know if being on AS will make it 'gritty and dark'
TL;DR, I'm scared, but still holding onto hope.
>>
>>81949469
>Still don't know if Mako's replacement will still voice Aku
You mean Greg Baldwin? I hope not.
>>
I'm sure they'll remake the intro for HD widescreen, but they'd better still use Mako's recording. If they redub it with his replacement I'll be very upset.
>>
>>81948878
Maybe because it's on adult swim Jack could fight something other then fucking robots.
>>
samurai jack was never a good show.
>>
File: nosmoking.jpg (95 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
nosmoking.jpg
95 KB, 450x338
>>81949441
>I doubt adult swim will force memes into their show in a vain attempt at connecting to an audience I don't even think exists
Why wouldn't they at this point? WHY WOULDN'T THEY?!
>>
>>81950607
I disagree with this but I don't think its a meme or that youre a fag
>>
>>81949038
Well then fuck you.
Not like there's anything you can do about it might as well take this shit head on.
>>
Short of giving him a plucky kid sidekick, it would be very hard to fuck up Samurai Jack. Its not as if there's a lot of established lore and setting details to balls up.
>>
File: 1449089118648.png (327 KB, 626x502) Image search: [Google]
1449089118648.png
327 KB, 626x502
>>81948878
besides it being good or not, i got to say that my major worry is if they go overboard with the fact they can get away with actual gore now.

I seriously liked how detailed some of the robot deaths were, and i feel that a good mix of both is great. But i can totally see myself getting sick of 24/7 of jack ripping out someone`s entrails and gallon of blood over him, just for the sake of having it now.
>>
I think it will be fine.

Tartakovsky is still on, after all. Most bad reboots are bad because the original creators left, like NuPPG.

It could be bad, but it has a higher chance of being good.
>>
>>81952147
New GoAnimate art style with thin black outlines..
No sharp lines or angles anywhere, rounded shapes only.
Only washed-out pastel colors across the board.
Poor animation with multiple missing frames.
Music is mostly 8-bit chip tunes and ukulele.
New (terrible) VA's.
Memes, memes memes.
>>
>>81948878
>I am fearful that the new Jack will be the same or worse than the new Powerpuff Girls.

You really can't compare these two. For starters we know Gendy and some of the old crew are on Jack's comeback.

Meanwhile the new PPG show has none of the old people on it. Instead it's all new blood, and while new blood can be good, it isn't in the case of the PPG reboot.

Wasn't there a thread like this earlier?
>>
>>81952300
That was my main concern too.

But my fears are somewhat quelled by the fact that's it's a Toonami show, not on regular Adult Swim.

I just expect Jacks injuries to be more detailed and for them to allow a more mature atmosohere.
>>
>>81949469
>It may still have Tartakovsky
>>Still don't know if the art style is going to be different

Do me a favor anon, and watch literally all of Tartakovsky's collected works and tell me exactly when the art style is ever different.
>>
>>81953923
Between each of his works.
>>
>>81954111
How?

Jack, Dexters's Mom, Durge, and Octus could all easily be in the same show and the styles wouldn't conflict.
>>
>>81954289
Do you know what art style is? It isn't the same as character design or design ethic.
>>
>>81953560
I would be very ok with more realistic injurys to jack
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.