[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>>One of the highlights of this project for me is the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
>>One of the highlights of this project for me is the Thunderbolts, and I’m excited what Jim Zub has planned for the upcoming Thunderbolts series. The team and that title are going to be a very important book for Marvel for a long time to come; not just the next few months, but really for the future of the entire Marvel U. It’s a big deal, and it’s exciting to see that book coming back with a lot of the original cast. Bucky is a great person to throw into the mix, so I’m really fired up for the book. I’m working really closely with Jim for what’s coming up next.

http://www.newsarama.com/28014-spoilers-guess-who-s-back-in-avengers-standoff-kickoff.html

They are definitely setting up a movie.
>>
>>81947815
where can i finally watch this episode without owning cable
>>
>>81947815
>They are definitely setting up a movie

>Baron Zemo is alive
>Abomination is alive
>Justin Hammer is alive
>Real Mandarin is alive
>Loki is alive
>Leader is alive

>Norman Osborn is going to be in Phase 4

Well no shit, nigger.

They're doing Dark Reign after Infinity War.
>>
>>81947948
http://www.toonova.com/marvels-avengers-ultron-revolution-season-3-episode-6
>>
>>81947957
>>Thunderbolts made up of the MCU living villains
Stop that. I don't get why everyone acts like the T-bolts have to be already established MCU characters.
>>
>>81948062
Because the currently living villains would act as dark mirror images of the Avengers and serve as Norman's Dark Avengers while also being the Thunderbolts?

I mean if i can think of it, Feige has already thought it.
>>
File: Thanks.jpg (71 KB, 405x348) Image search: [Google]
Thanks.jpg
71 KB, 405x348
>>81948016
Thank you based anon
>>
>>81948182
But that line-up you listed is a line-up for the Masters of Evil, not the Thunderbolts.
>>
File: zubtboltsmovie.png (13 KB, 459x98) Image search: [Google]
zubtboltsmovie.png
13 KB, 459x98
>>81947815
>They are definitely setting up a movie.
Nope.
>>
>>81948528
EXACTLY.

It'd be all three in one team.

Dark Avengers, Masters of Evil, and Thunderbolts amalgamated together.

It fits what the MCU is currently doing, no?
>>
>>81948593
No. Because the Thunderbolts are more than just a generic villains team like the one you're proposing.

Your line-up would not work for a Thunderbolts movie. A group of antagonists in an Avengers movie, arguably (Zemo, Loki, and the Mandarin would not be stooges to Osborn), but their own movie? No.
>>
>>81948762
Dont need to be stooged, necessarily.

Cross political backstabbing. Triple agents.
>>
File: 2.jpg (28 KB, 390x310) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
28 KB, 390x310
>>81948583
that's what Captain Marvel is there for
just to keep a release date warm for the movies they really care aout
>>
File: 1404517775057.jpg (65 KB, 354x451) Image search: [Google]
1404517775057.jpg
65 KB, 354x451
>>81948583
Zub replaced by Bendis next year
>>
>>81950363
Why? That tweet just shows that they have no plans for a movie.
>>
>>81947815

I've never really read T-Bolts, but uh... few questions.

Isn't Mockingbird 100% promoted to full Avenger by now?

Didn't Moonstone pull some truly twisted evil shit around Dark Reign making her utterly irredeemable?

And the team is villains trying to make good, right? They wouldn't be putting Bucky on it to imply he was actually evil himself, right? I mean he's sort of seeking some redemption for his Winter Soldier days, but it's not really the same thing, what with the mind control.
>>
>>81948182
Oh for fucks sakes, ALL OF THE MCU VILLAINS MIRROR THE HEROES!
>>
>>81948583
Brubaker didn't know Winter Soldier was going to be a movie til SDCC.
>>
>>81950706
Brubaker wasn't working for Marvel anymore. Zub is right now, on the Thunderbolts book, and the OP assumes that Spencer (who isn't working on it) somehow knows that a T-Bolts movie is coming up.
>>
Who would play Songbird?
>>
>>81947815
>>81947957
The best way to set up the Thunderbolts (since we're never going to get Master of Evil as the main villains in an Avengers movie at this rate) is to set up individual characters in AoS (like they did the Absorbing Man), and then introduce them as cold-open type antagonists in Avengers IW1, before the main Thanos plot rolls in.

Afterwards, when IW2 ends with the presumed disbanding of the current team and replacement with another, less tested one (a la AoU) you could have the stinger be the public reveal of the Thunderbolts and the media pushing them as big heroes who played a huge role in fighting Thanos (even though we know they didn't). Then, the stinger ends with Citizen V unmasking to us, revealing himself to be Baron Zemo, followed by all the other villains/heroes in turn.

For extra hype points, this happens while Citizen V is talking to someone off-screen, and after the unmasking we see it's Norman Osborn, and they say some stuff about the age of heroes being over.

That's the only thing I could think (aside from revealing stuff like Doctor Doom or the FF, things we don't think are possible atm) that would match the Thanos reveal in terms of generated online hype, and give us an idea of where the MCU is heading.
>>
>>81950800

More importantly, would they go full strawberry?
>>
>>81950601
>Mockingbird

Fuck me stupid Songbird. I meant Songbird. Sorry.
>>
File: no fun allowed.jpg (530 KB, 1024x1537) Image search: [Google]
no fun allowed.jpg
530 KB, 1024x1537
>>81950601
>Isn't Mockingbird 100% promoted to full Avenger by now?
Mockingbird has....issues, but she's a member of the AIM-vengers and a double agent for shield
>Didn't Moonstone pull some truly twisted evil shit
Moonstone has pulled a lot of dumb shit over the years. She also has...issues.

>villains trying to make good, right?
The initial plan was for the Masters of Evil to reinvent themselves as a hero group while the avengers were disassembled. Gain the public's trust, and then abuse that trust to become rich & powerful.
Except the Thunderbolts were enjoying being the good guys a bit too much for Baron Zemo's taste, and he ousted the whole lot to try and force them to hang their heads and go back to being evil minions. They almost unanimously said fuck that, and kicked Zemo out.

shit happened. a lot of them ended up leaving over the years. One white guy became a black guy, and then when Norman Osborne became director of SHIELD (whcich he renamed HAMMER) he relaunched the Thunderbolts as his own personal evil avengers (not to be confused with the dark avengers).
when that went tits up, most of them got sent to superjail.

when Luke Cage was put in charge of superjail, he decided to make his own Avengers from the inmates. The idea was 'honestly, if we can turn even just a few bad guys into good guys, that's twice as good as just illegally executing them'
also, in the mean time, if they tried anything funny they got their brains exploded, and prison labor laws mean they can be 'encouraged' to do superhero work for shortened sentences
but don't confuse it for a suicide squad. Luke genuinely wanted his thunderbolts to come out of the program as people that want to use their powers for good.

also red hulk had his own thunderbolts for a while but that went tits up in its own way

as someone who clawed his way out of mind control Bucky is a good candidate for reminding ex-bad guys what they're fighting for if they ever start to backslide.
>>
>>81951431
>Mockingbird has....issues, but she's a member of the AIM-vengers and a double agent for shield
No she isn't. Songbird is.
>>
>>81951431
>also, in the mean time, if they tried anything funny they got their brains exploded
You're thinking of the Suicide Squad. The T-Bolts just had their nanites cause them some extreme stomach pains--do you really think Luke Cage would fucking blow up heads?
>>
>>81951483

Well I meant Songbird in my original post, and I guess since this is a T-Bolts thread, I guess he cottoned onto that fact.

Also... what are the AIM-vengers? I'm sort of behind on the gigantic clusterfuck of Avengers books we have after Hickman's era ended.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.