[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hawkeye and the Thunderbolts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 13
File: tb3killhim.jpg (121 KB, 580x517) Image search: [Google]
tb3killhim.jpg
121 KB, 580x517
Why has everyone all but forgotten Hawkeye's stint at the leader of the Thunderbolts? I thought it was a great position to put him in. The rebellious Avenger having to lead his own team of rebels. Plus his relationship with Karla was interesting.

Yet he's hardly associated with the team now, and Karla's never brought up when discussing his former live interests.
>>
it was really the only time i cared about Thunderbolts a little and i still didn't read all of it
>>
>>81946085
Because sadly, the Ellisbolts ended up being more famous.
Granted, last New Avengers had Hawkeye directly mention his time with the Thunderbolts while with Songbird.

>Karla's never brought up when discussing his former live interests
Blame Fraction for that, when people talk about his love interests it's usually the ones who showed up during his Hawkguy run.
>>
It goes against Clint's current image as an incompetent douche that the comics are currently pushing for whatever reason.
>>
File: 1453261382135.jpg (459 KB, 1024x1578) Image search: [Google]
1453261382135.jpg
459 KB, 1024x1578
Marvel only exists to hurt us
>>
File: avengers_17674x1024.jpg (210 KB, 674x1024) Image search: [Google]
avengers_17674x1024.jpg
210 KB, 674x1024
>>81946213

Well Black Widow and Mockingbird are kinda major love interests for him.

Spider-Woman was weird Bendis stuff and thus his then current gf
>>
File: tumblr_m5l8a6acd91r217dm.jpg (90 KB, 500x451) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m5l8a6acd91r217dm.jpg
90 KB, 500x451
>>81946253
True, this Hawkeye really wouldn't fit with le poor hawkguy man
>>
File: NEWAVN2015010-int2-5-b5465.jpg (305 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
NEWAVN2015010-int2-5-b5465.jpg
305 KB, 900x1366
>>81946085
>Yet he's hardly associated with the team now
The last arc of Frankbolts had Hawkeye getting all pissed because they were appropriating the Thunderbolts name and proceeded to try and take them down as a result.

The next issue of New Avengers has Hawkeye referencing his Thunderbolts days. Pic related.
>>
>>81947042
I hope he plays a role in the Thunderbolts revival coming soon. Looks like Winter Solider might be muscling in on his role, which if its in the comic it could mean it will be in the potential film.
>>
>>81946085
Hawkeye being on the bolts is why I started reading them and it turned into my favorite comic of all time.

It seems like every time Songbird and Hawkeye show up together they reference it. Sometimes Karla too. Even though most people connect Luke Cage to Tbolts these days.
>>
File: TBOLTS2012032-int-LR2-2-710f1.jpg (319 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
TBOLTS2012032-int-LR2-2-710f1.jpg
319 KB, 900x1366
>>81946085
>>81947042
And a page from the last arc of Frankbolts where the fact that he led the Thunderbolts is also acknowledged.
>>
How long did Hawkeye lead the Thunderbolts? Worth picking up the trades that are coming out soon?
>>
>>81947448
Wesker?
>>
>>81946265
Seriously though, I think Clint might have a magic penis.

That is some serious mental shifting on Karla.
>>
>>81947448
>Stupid, dumb idiots!
Was the leader losing his intelligence this arc, or were the writers really lazy?
I'm pretty glad I dropped the book during that awful "Frank beats up everyone because he's so cool" arc.
>>
>>81946253
This
>Lost all his meaningful friendships except his one with Nat for MCU synergy
>Lost the respect he had from Kate
>Divorced from Bobbi
>Messy breakup with Jessica
>Shitty apartment
>Seen as incompetent
>Despite leading 1/3 of every Avengers iteration to date
>Pretty sure the dog left too
>He hates Pym now for some reason?
>>
>>81948108
Funny how MCU synergy didn't grant Clint a stable life with wife and kids
>>
File: Kaya-Scodelario-Pictures.jpg (245 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Kaya-Scodelario-Pictures.jpg
245 KB, 1500x1500
I just want him out of the movies and to put him on a Netflix Series based on Fraction's run, but before it became a Katefest
I also want Kaya Scodelario as Kate
>>
>>81948075
>Was the leader losing his intelligence this arc
Other way around actually.
>>
>>81948324
I'd love a Thunderbolts movie, with only original busiekbolts characters featuring Hawkeye
>>
>>81946085
because in terms of their impact on the Marvel universe, the only times the Thunderbolts were even close to relevant would be during their first 12 issues and while Osborn was in control.
Other than that, the Thunderbolts are lucky to get an event comic tie in, let alone actually play a significant role.
>>
>>81947558
Around 50 issues. And yes, those are some damn good comics.
>>
>>81946253
Probably Wanda's fault
Bitch screwed up something when she brought him back
>>
>>81948108
>>Divorced from Bobbi
That happened back in the 80s or 90s, though.
>>
>>81948359
Man, Acker and Blacker really let me down after the great annual they wrote.
Maybe the short length prevented their Frankwank from going beyond a punchline.
Whatever it was, Soule leaving was definitely the jumping off point.
>>
>>81947905
Magic abs. It's his superpower.
>>
Can someone tell me why some people say that Clint is incompetent in Fraction's run? I don't see big diferences between that and other stuff in this late decade.
>>
>>81948591
Wanda gave us Ronin Clint so Im fine with that.

>>81948108
But yeah Fraction. Not that Im against it but I miss him being partners with fucking anyone but Nat. I miss ClintJess. I miss the old Clint.
>>
>>81948108
Funny how Clint has gone back to square fucking one. While, yes he and Nat have a long history, Clint rose up to be pretty damn respected in the MU. So far when he was dead and the New Avengers fought the New Thunderbolts, Songbird was leading the 'Bolts pretty damn well and Cap, to himself, said that this was the imprint Clint left. And he was damn proud.
>>
>>81950236
>Can someone tell me why some people say that Clint is incompetent in Fraction's run?
a veteran martial artist, acrobat, spy and marksman,and competent chemist and engineer, and the best way he can think of to earn money is let drunk bums beat him up for cash, and then rob them if they don't pay up
>>
>>81950236

people say that Fraction caused the latter. i think it's bs but whatever. fools forgot Ronin/Bendis era Hawkeye
>>
Marvel is actually putting out trades of the Hawkeye era Thunderbolts. So someone remembers
>>
>>81948108
The Pym hate shit only happens when Bendis writes Clint. They were bros in Avengers Academy.

The only thing that makes the Clint character derailment Bendis decided to continue as canon from the Chuck Austen tolerable, is that Bendis has repeatedly stated in canon that Hank Pym's soul is one of the purest souls in existence, to the point that he is the only other comic book character other than Batman, that can weaponize his memories to kill people who try and corrupt him to create doubles of him
>>
>>81950675
Fraction kind of did. Lemire made it worse.
>>
>>81950776
Less that and more they are trying to keep Thunderbolts in print due to the fact that people have been bitching about Thunderbolts being put out in TPB for AGES (even Busiek has openly complained about the lack of TBolts TPBs).

But the only reason they changed the name to add Hawkeye's name to the TPB titles, is that the original three TPBs of the series sold out ASAP and have been out of print for a couple of years, so they want to court casuals who might not want to buy a volume 4 of the series since V1-3 are all out of print and go for big bucks on the secondary market
>>
>>81951199
I saw scans of him letting HYDRA take super powered kids because they were too dangerous. Was it legit or was it some alternate future or dream or misunderstanding?
>>
>>81951286
>But the only reason they changed the name to add Hawkeye's name to the TPB titles, is that the original three TPBs of the series sold out ASAP and have been out of print for a couple of years
It's the exact opposite reason, anon. They're even in the middle of reprinting those TPBs you're saying have been out of print for years. Per people who work at Marvel, the first three volumes sold badly; that's why it's taken four years for them to continue the collection. They're adding Hawkeye to the title because they're trying to increase sales for the remaining issues.
>>
>>81951347
Legit. Him and Kate fight over it.
>>
>>81951448
They only now just reprinted them, to coincide with the new rebranding. And even then, they are reprinting them in reverse order.
>>
>>81951564
No they aren't. Volume 1's reprint came out in February, and Volume 2's is due in July.
>>
>>81946085
Oh boy a Thunderbolts thread!

Thoughts on the new team, /co/?
>>
>>81951860
Buckys a strange choice
>>
>Thunderbolts film which also acts a Hawkeye solo

You know what?
Go for it
>>
>>81951860
Team Composition- Good. Although at this point it's more likely everyone on the team reforming Bucky rather than any other scenario.

Creative Team- Zub seems good enough from what Skullkickers I've read, but goddamn that art is so hideous the series might be cancelled by the end of trade 1.
>>
>>81951860
Excited for OG Thunderbolts members to be back. Bucky's a strange choice but as I stated above I would not be surprised at all if it was announced that Bucky's gonna take the lead in a live action adaption
>>
>>81951947
Based on the line-up I'm guessing the theme will be that Bucky wants to protect the Cosmic Cube kid and these villains with either streaks of good, a desire to manipulate the kid, or they just don't want the kid used against them will band together to help him.

And MACH V shows up because he's on whichever side wants to protect the kid and not use them for brainwashing villains.
>>
File: thunderboltsconceptart.jpg (176 KB, 1100x825) Image search: [Google]
thunderboltsconceptart.jpg
176 KB, 1100x825
>>81951947
Eh, he's a guy who did some bad things for a while, even if it was under mind control. Not that strange.
>>
>>81951966
They're already casting Hawkeye as the tired old guy that needs to get the kids in line, so I could see that expanding into a Thunderbolts roster.
>>
>>81952105
>MACH X

skipped a couple of numbers there, Abe.
>>
>>81951860
I hope Karla hazes the FUCK out of Bucky.
I hope there's an arc in there that is basically Zemo, as Citizen V showing up, just to troll the fuck out of Bucky.
>>
>>81952069
Based on interviews and solicits, they're sticking with that "man on the wall" thing Bucky had after Original Sin, with the T-Bolts joining him in doing it--which results in them all becoming wanted by every government.
>>
>>81952153
He already skipped from MACH-V to MACH-VII, what's a couple more skipped numbers?
>>
>>81952177
Well they did show Citizen V on the All-Different teasers so one would assume that someone in the mantle will show up eventually.
>>
>>81952055
I hope Zub comes on here again like he did during the days of Samurai Jack.
>>
>>81951860
whose the little girl?
and why's bucky on the team?
>>
>>81952461
Little girl is, I believe the little girl in the center of the current prelude to Civil War 2. A living Cosmic Cube, essentially. Bucky is there because the girl is being used to brainwash super villains into thinking that they're normal people, and Bucky doesn't want that to happen. So he's probably kidnapping/hiding/influencing the girl. Meanwhile the T-bolts are some of the villains that were being brainwashed and so it's in their best interest to not let her back into SHIELD's hands.
>>
>>81952594
>the current prelude to Civil War 2
It's not a prelude to Civil War 2. If anything, it's a prelude to Thunderbolts.
>>
>>81952624
I thought it was because I could have sworn the plot to Civil War 2 was "is brain washing villains for the sake of keeping people safe a good thing?"

Or was that just an assumption people were making?
>>
>>81952767
nah, Civil War 2 is essentially heroes fighting over the Minority Report scenario
>>
>>81952767
Nope, it's "is arresting people for crimes before they ever commit those crimes a good thing?" We've known that for a while now. You've seen the leaks with Rhodey getting killed and She-Hulk getting killed with a missile to the tits, right?
>>
>>81952830
I heard about them them, haven't seen them though.

I had thought that plot line still tied into this current event in some way, but I guess I was wrong.

Alright, so it's a prequel to Thunderbolts. Works for me.
>>
>>81950555
But that was his brother? Who I honestly don't know a shit about, so it can be a point anyways. Even if he really was waiting for beat them all afterwards.
>>
>>81950675
Bendis was awful character traits wise.
>>
File: Why you hate me.jpg (21 KB, 280x400) Image search: [Google]
Why you hate me.jpg
21 KB, 280x400
>>81953022
I see I'm still the only one that liked Ronin Hawkeye
>>
>>81951347
Lemire, and I don't know if it was an alternative future because I droped his run by the fourth issue or so.
>>
>>81951479
He should be blacklisted in all Avengers teams.
(and get a job in the Jean Grey School)
>>
>>81953086
Ronin Clint is my favorite too
>>
>>81953237
Wait why.
>>
>>81952283
Common assumption seems to be that Bucky was originally going to be Citizen V but then that idea got scrapped.
>>
>>81946253
>Current Image
Hawkeye's kind of been that way since the sixties, when he was Black Widow's clueless boytoy going off to try and kill Iron Man. And he put Tony on the ropes a number of times.

He's always been competent, despite being a fucking idiot.
>>
File: Moonstone11.jpg (198 KB, 676x1038) Image search: [Google]
Moonstone11.jpg
198 KB, 676x1038
>>81948108
I was expecting Karla to show up after Jessica, Nat and Bobbi found out Clint had slept with that mafia girl who sold him the car. She would have cleaned up, but I don't know if Fraction's complete loser Hawkeye would have appealed to her.
>>
>>81951860
It'd be nice if there was at least either one more classic T-Bolt (i.e. Jolt) or at least a new villain to turn into a hero.
>>
>>81953722
But hes not competent.
>>
File: Thunderbolts17.png (278 KB, 427x270) Image search: [Google]
Thunderbolts17.png
278 KB, 427x270
>>81951860
Love the team, hate what I've seen of the artist, don't know the writer.

My hope hope is that this isn't as bad as when Cass Cain came back in B&RE. I really need to get rid of that fucking monkey's paw that I like to hold when I really want something.
>>
File: handy hawkeye.png (2 MB, 795x659) Image search: [Google]
handy hawkeye.png
2 MB, 795x659
>>81953722

Yeah he's always been a dope and an asshole.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.