[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We Bare Bears is going to get Cancelled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 12
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 640x360
Because how It lost a lot of Viewers

And Clarence will be having a Crossover with The PPG Reboot and Gumball
>>
That's bullshit but I believe it.
>>
Thank God. I hated that show.
>>
>>81939661
What made you "hate" it? It's a strong word that's used normally these days, but if anything I can see how you wouldn't like it. Usually a show has to be absolute bullshit to be hated, it doesn't go that far, neither does it's fans
>inb4 it has fans?
yes
>>
I'm honestly not surprised. The show was cute but kinda dull and a lot of the jokes were way too topical. Already some episodes from a year ago like Pandas Date and Tote Life feel aged.
>>
>>81939572
Steven Universe is getting a crossover movie with Adventure Time, it's going to be a full-scale musical written by Sugar

See? I can make up bullshit too
>>
it's one of CN's actually good shows.

10/10 - SU
8/10 - Adventure Time, Gumball, We Bare Bears, Clarence

6/10 Regular Show,
5/10 uncle grandpa

1/10 TTG PPG and the like
>>
>>81939711
Not him, but I hate all Cartoon Network shows because they're too childish.
>>
>>81939711
I am not that anon, but it embodies everything that is wrong with this country. It has 3 brothers still living together basically living off the government. they live in a shithole but have all the latest electronics and free power/internet

All of their problems literally balance on "first world problems" like when Grizzly thought he was too domesticated and tried to be an outdoorsman.

Also early on they tried to force a whole "Futurama" tier feels episodes

It started off meh, and now just really meh.
>>
>>81939711
not him, but personally I hated how it was a stealth "vapid bay area millenial hipsters if they were bears" show.
Seriously, it's the epitome of the kind of people who're so white you can see through their skin, man bun and beard and glasses combo wearing, videogame tattoo on their arms and run an "exotic foods" truck that's really just a bunch of shitty wraps, and whose humor consists of acting like an obnoxious dudebro "ironically" while spouting memes nobody has found funny for ten years.

It's a show about the worst type of obnoxious californians.
>>
>>81939711
It suffers from borrowing too many modern themes that will become dated in a few years. Plus I think the characters aren't that interesting and find myself unenthused watching it.
>>
We bare bears is one of the worst shows from the last decade
>>
>>81939993
>about to say you're wrong
>remember one of the episodes is them LITERALLY running a food truck with wraps only animals like, and all the other food truck owners looked exactly like the kind of people you described

fugg, it really is modern hipsters the show
>>
>>81940059
>>81939993
I like it at times because the three bears sometimes vaguely remind me of my brothers and I(Grizzly always bossing the other two around, Panda being a thirsty faggot, Ice Bear being the most competent and well adjusted) but even I have to admit its rather bland.

I think it does capture the urban millennial young adult experience in an honest way unlike some other shows that try to make use of millennial trends. The problem is that experience is really boring and uninteresting. It would be better if the bears were somehow exceptional millennials. like if one was a wealthy tech billionaire and one was a famous indie director or something. That has the potential to be obnoxious but it would be more interesting I think.
>>
>>81940326
It strikes me as genuine but despite that the sort of people that are the inspiration for this show just don't have all that interesting going on in their lives. Its incredibly relatable for early 20s millennials but really the jokes and characters aren't good enough to keep it going like RS/AT/SU have
>>
>>81939572
Modern CN hates anything remotely popular with teens and adults and not children.
>>
>>81940210
>>81939661
>>81939767
>>81939966
>>81939993
>>81940059
Can we at least admit that the intro is pretty good?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpfix3i6Q0o
>>
>>81941602
Catchy as fuck I will give you that. And their teaser Bearstack commercials were neat as well
>>
>>81941602
It's actually one of my favorite things to listen to sometimes. Could stand to be longer, but it's fine how it is. I like it's Wander idea of them doing things in the same place as the background changes, I know Wander didn't do it first, but it's one of the only other instances I recall. It's really nice.

This show COMPLETELY FUCKED UP having a meme episode right at the beginning. It introduced a meme related character for the sake of story, but it's certainly a bad idea nonetheless. Nom Nom is fine in his dynamic but the episode couldn't have been placed worse. It's pretty much the largest issue people have with it, it's kinda bullshit. Some other episodes stand on their own though.
>>
File: 1447137176692.png (173 KB, 540x462) Image search: [Google]
1447137176692.png
173 KB, 540x462
>>81941602
I love We Bare Bears, but I'm not a big fan of the intro because I had no fucking idea what any of it said until I looked up the lyrics.

I mainly enjoy this show because I'm gay and I like furry sometimes.

/co/ would like it more if it was about three sisters, and maybe another species.
>>
>>81941750
>I mainly enjoy this show because I'm gay and I like furry sometimes.
you've completely ruined everything about it and if that wasn't your intention than you're fucking retarded for thinking that piece of trivia about yourself was important enough to say. What am I saying, of course you're retarded, I just pointed out why.
>>
>>81941750
I like that part about it, it makes it a pun because you can't sure if she's saying "we'll be there" or "we'll be bears"
>>
File: 1444975831421.png (86 KB, 318x318) Image search: [Google]
1444975831421.png
86 KB, 318x318
>>81941808
Calm down.
>>
>>81941712
>And their teaser Bearstack commercials were neat as well
I like those too, really got me curious about the show

>>81941718
>It's actually one of my favorite things to listen to sometimes
I think its easily the best intro on CN right now. The visuals and the music match up really well and I watch it every time I watch the show, sometimes I'll rewatch it and not even watch the episode if its a rerun.

>>81941750
I like it because I'm one of three brothers so there's probably something there for me that isn't for other people who don't have that exact sibling dynamic.
>>
File: 1442071095459.webm (205 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1442071095459.webm
205 KB, 1920x1080
this girl
>>
This show wouldnt be so bad if they didnt give Nom Nom so much fucking episodes
>>
>>81939572
It has Harvey Beaks syndrome. It's quite good but you still don't fucking care about it.
>>
>>81939572
Good, hope all the CalArts shit gets canned.
>>
I like to say things without backing them up as well

For instance, OP's mom is a prostitute
>>
>>81941808
>for thinking that piece of trivia about yourself was important enough to say
Well, it got you uncontrollably triggered, so it did have an use.
>>
>>81939966
>>81939993
>it was a stealth "vapid bay area millenial hipsters if they were bears" show.

I think you guys are reading too much into this. Like, you're thinking too hard about it. I mean, what you've described is true, but they're the kind of conclusions that you get with reflection and keen observation. I don't think that's the kind of mindset your supposed to have with this show.
>>
>>81939572
I'd be disappointed if it weren't such a meh show.

CN might as well rename themselves into the reboot network with all the shows ending soon.
>>
>>81939572
Fucking good. I tried to give the show a few chances, just couldn't get into it. I remember the episode about the burrito and thought the ending was pretty damn gay how they tried to spin off the "oh, so deep" lore shit. The show, like others have mentioned, is too Tumblr and too San Francisco.

How long do you think this trend of having someone who worked on Adventure Time making a CN original new series will end? Outside of Gumball, it feels like there's no variety in CN's cartoons. They all feel too familiar and I don't enjoy that.
>>
>>81942197
Shut up furfug.
>>
It took me a while to appreciate it because it's so low-key. But now I'm glad it's a thing.
>>
I hate San Francisco, hipsters, tumblr, internet memes and facebook and that's pretty much what the whole show is about.
>>
>>81942172
> what you've described is true
Its a show for hipsters doing hipster things.

>no job
>cant hold a job (cupcakes)
>They thought life was going to be easy as fuck and fail hard and throw tantrums (foodtruck)

Also the worst thing on this show was how Panda had a waifu and wanted to cheat on her with real women

The only saving grace from this show was that they gave the guy from "My name is Earl" some work
>>
>>81939928
Don't ya mean "man-childish"? If anything, Nick and Disney shows are more children-oriented.
>>
>>81942354
This.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1132x624) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1132x624
By the Way, Iied about The Clarence Crossovers and We Bare Bears Cancelling
>>
>>81941750
>/co/ would like it more if it was about three sisters, and maybe another species.
nuPPG is already a thing anon, and we loathe it.
>>
File: 1459279266928.png (402 KB, 410x552) Image search: [Google]
1459279266928.png
402 KB, 410x552
>>81942679
Anon, are you telling lies?
>>
>>81942859
Yes
>>
I'm just looking forward to the episode where Chloe leaves.

>she has a spot in the theme song in the library
>a few scenes later they show a stormy campus with the bears having a black umbrella as it down pours
could be a random thing but I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually decided to have one where she left, it would make for an easily sad story.
>>
File: we bare bears.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
we bare bears.png
2 MB, 1600x900
>>81942975
I'll never be able to watch the theme song normally again.
>>
>>81939572
Proof?
>>
>>81942962
How could you.
>>
File: except no.jpg (69 KB, 626x1064) Image search: [Google]
except no.jpg
69 KB, 626x1064
>>81942975

Same. Chloe is shit. Even Charlie is more entertaining.
>>
File: 1459978348027.png (228 KB, 358x408) Image search: [Google]
1459978348027.png
228 KB, 358x408
>>81939871
>Uncle Grandpa worse than Clarence or Regular Show
>>
>>81943931
I'm not saying I want her gone being the reason, it'd just make an expected cliche story and I'd actually want to see it. Wouldn't be too bad either, maybe around the end of the show because she still has some stories you know they still want to get out of her.
>>
>>81944018
>hating regular show
>posting le anime reaction image
>inb4 where do you think we are
>we are on /co/
Just because it fell in a rut doesn't mean it can't save itself, sort of like how Adventure Time has done this season.

AT fell away from it's original premise and people were rightfully buttfucked about it, RS got too repetitive and annoying, and of course the dating

Both shows picked up the slack in their 7th season and have really been returning to the likable form for lots of people.

Uncle Grandpa is entertaining to an extent, but RS has more stuff going for it exluding the shit that people hate it for (the generic stuff not everything)

Can't speak for Clarence, I liked a few episodes but I haven't see them all.

Not the anon you were responding to btw and I don't think your opinion is shit, just responding.
>>
>>81939572
>lost a lot of viewers
no shit it lost a lot of viewers
CN rarely shows any new episodes and when they do, no body knows what time they come on
and they'll show like two or three new episodes and put it back on hiatus
>>
I said it before, I'll say it again:
Too many cartoon network shows play it "safe" with their artstyle.
WBB, RS, AT, TTG all have an art style that's very simplistic and doesn't do anything different or new. It's not unique. And it's very bland.

I prefer cartoons to have art that's at least unique. Not something so commonplace and by the numbers for its time that it is formulaic.
>>
It's just boring as shit, I have no real reason to hate it other than maybe meme references but I don't care, I did like some of the music thou
>>
>>81944606
Well RS and AT both sometimes tend to switch it up. Sometimes new designs for people in AT pop up, same for RS with their approach of things not even human or animal
>>
>>81944940
>Sometimes new designs for people in AT pop up
Guest animators.
>>
>>81945160
No I mean like new characters, monsters, stuff like that.
>>
>>81945207
They all seems to be drawn in the show's style.
I like the show, but, the art style is hardly anything to write home about.
>>
>>81945270
>they all seems
back to lolcat with you
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 582x804) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 582x804
I'm Back :3
>>
>>81939867
I wouldn't be able to handle the sheer amount of cuck-ridden, dead horse beaten, whining faggotry these shows constantly produce
>>
File: 1460819759336.jpg (57 KB, 679x503) Image search: [Google]
1460819759336.jpg
57 KB, 679x503
Oh, please don't tell me that fucking Jacob the Spartan autist is behind these shitty threads.
>>
>>81942359
>Also the worst thing on this show was how Panda had a waifu and wanted to cheat on her with real women
When did Panda have a waifu?
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.