[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Mystique is now the leader of the X-Men >Jean NOT Scott
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6
File: NEpzpTqFnZIEtv_2_b.jpg (49 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
NEpzpTqFnZIEtv_2_b.jpg
49 KB, 600x316
>Mystique is now the leader of the X-Men
>Jean NOT Scott is Xavier's protege/favorite student
>Scott is suppose to be a angry/non-caring person

Why the fuck does FOX hate Cyclops?
>>
Everyone hates him, not just Fox
>>
>>81933108
Speak for yourself. I don't.
>>
>>81933082
>cyclops
>known for having one eye
>has two lenses
Can they get anything right?
>>
>>81933082
that was always true. Xavier admitted in internal narration he straight up was in love with her, and just didn't want to violate the student-teacher bond. Jean was his favorite, but he chose Scott to be the leader because, being severely outclassed power-wise by half the school, he knew Scott would approach being the leader with obsessive dedication out of fear of messing up, while Jean and others in her weight class would get too reliant on their powers and neglect tactics and team morale and shit
>>
>>81933551
Source?
>>

That sounds right actually. Angry or emotionless Scott could work but I don't trust Singer
>>
>>81933082
Because when challenged by the omnipotence that is "Right-Clops" it is only natural to reject over selfish pride than acceptance of a greater power.
>>
>>81933082
Because Cyclops is lame and Scott Summers is a nerd.
>>
>>81933082
Cuz he's a big meanie for no reason
>>
>>81933082
Isn't in comics Jean first student and Scott is first X-Man?
>>
Jean was always his favorite
>>
>>81933108
>>81933130
You have to ignore pretty much everything Cyclops has done over the past few years in order to like him. I love the character idea of a kid being given all this responsibility, and eventually growing into it and becoming this awesome leader, taking over for his mentor and trying to keep his people safe, eventually needing to resort to morally gray actions in order to do so. Lately though, Marvel's thrown "morally gray" out the window, and made him a flat out villain. They obviously don't want anyone to like him.
>>
File: kxMOBiu.jpg (423 KB, 1209x819) Image search: [Google]
kxMOBiu.jpg
423 KB, 1209x819
>>81933082
Maybe Mystique's just the leader since Scott is young. Though the fact that she's the leader at all is completely out of character.

Besides, I'm sure Scott will become a less angry and caring person once his older bro passes away.
>>
>>81933822
Because they can mind fuk.
>>
Why are people still even mentioning how these movies don't follow the comics all that much?
>>
>>81933082
>Scott is suppose to be a angry/non-caring person
>Why the fuck does FOX hate Cyclops?

I don't think they do; sounds to be like they're setting him up to be an edgemaster so he'll be a fan favourite. Teenies love edge.
>>
>>81934995
Can you be edgy while having dsl?
>>
All they needed to do was make the Breakfast Club again with Scott, Jean, Nightcrawler, Jubilee and Storm and they fucked it up.
>>
>>81935148
I've been wanting Mansion shenanigans for so long. That one internet commercial did a better job of it than we've seen in all the movies so far.
Why haven't we seen anyone sneak into the Danger room while it's on WOLVERINE difficulty?
>>
>>81935270
Its the unfortunate nature of having a movie vs a show really. Gotta take the good with the bad.

If x-men was a show you could have the time to slow down and inject all those little character moments because you wouldn't need to be constantly propelling the story forward due to a limited time frame. BvS is a perfect example of this kinda issue at work. So much story to tell, so many events it just pops from one thing to the next to the next without ever really breathing for a moment.

Of course the issues with things like shows is they dont rake in the same kind of money and quite honestly the budget is gonna be anywhere near the same on an episode by episode basis.
>>
>>81933551
>he chose Scott to be the leader because, being severely outclassed power-wise by half the school
>Scott, out-classed power wise by Beast, whose power is above-average strength and jump good
>Angel, whose power is limited, muscle-based flight.
>Iceman, I'll give you because he's theoretically the most powerful, but he's also an idiot who spent most of his life throwing snowballs at villains.
U wot mate? If anything, he chose Scott as the leader because he knew, as you said, he'd approach it with obsessive dedication out of fear of messing up, but that's because he'd spent most of his life dedicated to controlling his powers for fear of messing up, because if he did he could wipe out a small town by accident..
>>
>>81933082
I hope for the day where we see the full arc of boy scout to Rightclops.
>>
>>81933621
Read the original shitty run, Xavier always talked about wanting to fuck Jean
>>
>>81933082

Because morons often hate awesome people who are correct about lots of things
>>
>>81935548
So I guess my question is, can you make a movie about a bunch of teenagers throwing a party in a huge house when something goes wrong, while having them having super powers?
Because I feel like that kind of story is going to have a lot more interesting character development than Apocalypse or any of the other big cape blockbusters.
I worry that these studios are losing their sense of scale when it comes to these movies and wanting to one-up themselves on having the biggest bad guy.
Ant-man and Deadpool were a nice breath in that front, but I feel like they're going to go right back to their usual BIGGER=BETTER mindset.
>>
>>81934575
The shit they've pulled on Cyclops in the last year is fucking unbelievable. Every attempt they made to turning him into a villain, which is clearly what they wanted, resulted in everyone going "Cyclops was right" and just thinking Scott is MORE of a hero. So they just said fuck it, did a timeskip, and then he did "something" during that timeskip and now he's worse than hitler and everyone hates him. We're TOLD he went full evil but we still don't know what he actually did.
>>
>>81934575
I don't think they want anyone to like ANY X-Mutie nowadays, for obvious reasons. It's a shame, but I mean...
>You have to ignore pretty much everything Cyclops has done over the past few years in order to like him
Waaaaay ahead of you. Being an X-fan means you have to ignore large swaths of crap in order to keep yourself sane.
>>
File: Cyclops.jpg (179 KB, 1002x498) Image search: [Google]
Cyclops.jpg
179 KB, 1002x498
I wonder if we'll get to see Nightcrawler give Scott shit for angsting all the time
>>
>>81933251
Yeah, there's no reason to call him Cyclops if he doesn't have the visor.
>>
>>81935851
>So I guess my question is, can you make a movie about a bunch of teenagers throwing a party in a huge house when something goes wrong, while having them having super powers?
of course you can. and it'll make a fraction of the money a big summer blockbuster will make which is why no major studio will bother doing it. Unless some indie comes along like josh trank did with chronicle and goes about it that way. but if thats the case it wont be based on any well known property.
>>
>>81935851
>can you make a movie about a bunch of teenagers throwing a party in a huge house when something goes wrong, while having them having super powers?

Sounds like the New Mutants movie
>>
>>81935796
He did it ONCE, Anon.
>>
>>81935892
I'm pretty sure were getting uber religious nightcrawler in this like x2's version. Which was awesome but man, itd be great to see swashbuckling lighthearted nightcrawler.
>>
>>81935940
Fraction of the overall cost, sure, but it wouldn't cost as much. It's all about profits.
>>81935954
Do we know anything about the movie, or is it all wishes and speculah?
>>
>>81936074

the screenplay credited Claremont and Bob McLeod. Rumors are Wolfsbane, Magik, Storm, Cannonball, Sunspot, and Dani are the team. Casting rumors say Maisie Williams is Wolfsbane and Anya Taylor-Joy as Magik.
>>
>>81935992
You're getting both. Kurt is still religious, but is also wisecracking and fun-loving. He's been described as the comic relief for a while now.
>>
>>81933082
Clearly you forgot about Xavier's pedo-crush on Jean
>>
File: boone2.png (501 KB, 598x578) Image search: [Google]
boone2.png
501 KB, 598x578
>>81936074
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/31/new-mutants-movie-update-josh-boone-simon-kinberg

>Sources familiar with the project told EW it’ll be based on the 1980s comic book run for a “John Hughes meets Stephen King” vibe, and Kinberg said the film is chasing the young-adult crowd.

That says Demon Bear to me. Given the fact that that arc is immediately followed by a sleepover issue I could see him combining the two
>>
>>81933082
Scott is for leadership, Jean was for her potential.
>>
>>81936074
>but it wouldn't cost as much. It's all about profits.
Theres more to it than that though. And you can tell because they dont just shit ten movies out a year.

Theres how much of a thing people are willing to watch, the movie release schedule and where one film or another can fit into that, character and brand recognition. That last one in reference to who is gonna be in these little sideproject movies. Cos if you just throw a bunch of no name characters in to a movie that isn't a big blockbuster it isn't as likely to draw in the big audience. And the actors theyre using for their main movies...well they only have so many films in their contract, so much time. The actors arent going to just be doing back to back x-men movies all day every day. And they arent gonna make some sideproject x-teens movie if its gonna be a one off, theyre in to building franchises with sequels.
>>
>>81936320
She was 17 when she first joined Xavier's school if we're going to be fair. That's really not so bad.
>>
File: 0016--article_image.jpg (62 KB, 620x396) Image search: [Google]
0016--article_image.jpg
62 KB, 620x396
I miss the fucking days of Cyclops being "the X-Man". Yoshinori Ono even said Cyclops was his favorite Marvel character.
>>
>>81936431
More importantly, Xavier wasn't as old as he is depicted now.
>>
>>81936514
Blame Bryan "Hugh Jackman fucks me in the ass" Singer.
>>
>>81936431
>>81936555
he was her teacher and legal guardian though, so it's still pretty bad
>>
>>81936555
He probably would've been around 32 years old, since he'd fought in the Korean war as a young man roughly ten years before the original comic began.
>>
>>81936579
Stop. Wolverine was the main character of the franchise long before Singer or Jackman joined the project.
>>
>>81936637
He wasn't her legal guardian, she still had parents who came to visit the school on one occasion.

And he never actually acted on it. He had the power to make her fall in love with him if he wanted.
>>
>>81936637
>and legal guardian

Her parents weren't dead until the 2000s
>>
>>81935742
Beast is more powerful than Scott, and smarter than early Scott by a mile.
>>
File: 1453690514608.jpg (13 KB, 366x329) Image search: [Google]
1453690514608.jpg
13 KB, 366x329
>>81936742
Not really, he was like 1B.
>>
>>81936742
Hardly. The comics and cartoons treat the X-Men like a team. The movies treat them like what Alpha Flight is; Wolverine's supporting cast.
>>
>>81936778
In what way is Hank more powerful than Scott?
>>
>>81936950
maybe the anon means that he's more physically powerful? other than that I can't really think of anything.
>>
60s rankings

1. Cyclops
2. Beast
3. Angel
4. Iceman
5. Marvel Girl

Modern Rankings

1. Phoenix
2. Iceman
3. Cyclops
4. Archangel
5. Beast
>>
>>81935940
>it'll make a fraction of the money a big summer blockbuster
That's the crux of it. Hollywood still only thinks of Superhero products as only blockbusters, and not something that can tell an actual story.
I feel like like Hancock and Super Ex-Girlfriend are the kind of movies I want to see done well. Secretly dating a super hero and a washed out hero trying to go straight are good stories executed terribly.
>>
>>81937296
man did Beast become shit
>>
>>81936135
>Maisie Williams is Wolfsban
Isn't that a joke casting because of Arya?
>>
>>81937296
Marvel girl was definitely better than angel and iceman, since her telekinesis was actually useful.
>>
>>81936396
>Theres how much of a thing people are willing to watch
I think that's the point, though. So many of these movies big and over the top blockbusters, if you can tap into the market where things are on a smaller scale with a different tone, you can get more butts in theaters over all.
>Cos if you just throw a bunch of no name characters in to a movie that isn't a big blockbuster it isn't as likely to draw in the big audience.
You won't need as big an audience because it most likely won't cost as much. Also, at that point, it would basically just be like any other non-sequel movie. A cast of unknown characters that you meet and come to know over the course of a film.
>Actor contracts
I mean, Marvel figured it out pretty well. They had that Cap cameo in Thor 2 that was good. Also, if you are able to expand the cast, you won't need to worry about it as much as you'll be able to pull from multiple actors for different "cameo" appearances in the films.
>>
>>81936950
arm wrestling
>>
>>81937545
the Cap cameo was the best part of that movie
>>
>>81937724
It really was
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpy22Yosp04
>>
>>81937363
You can thank Bendis. Beast's whole character for teh last couple years is nothing more than FUCK YOU SCOTT SUMMERS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>81937545
>if you are able to expand the cast
This is the biggest sin of the X-franchise.
So many interesting characters that they can use, but they spend so much time focusing just on Xavier, Magneto, Wolverine, and no Mystique.
>>
>>81937988
I like Mystique more as a villain
And not a generic baby-faced kid
>>
>>81938057
Film Mystique's entire character arc is just so stupid.
>>
>>81938057
As a villian Mystique is a credible threat, because you never really know who's side she's on or what she's planning to do next.

As a hero she's just kind of whiny.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.