[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"There’s a widespread cultural barrenness across art and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: Alan Moore.jpg (429 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
Alan Moore.jpg
429 KB, 1200x800
"There’s a widespread cultural barrenness across art and political culture. But there are some pockets of resistance on the extreme margins, like the techno-savvy protest movements, small press, the creator-owned comics, that seem to be getting some signs of hope for the future. All of the genuinely interesting work is being done on the margins, with independent companies, self-producing, and alternative distribution networks. There’s been a growing dissatisfaction and distrust with the conventional publishing industry, in that you tend to have a lot of formerly reputable imprints now owned by big conglomerates. As a result, there’s a growing number of professional writers now going to small presses, self-publishing, or trying other kinds of distribution strategies. The same is true of music and cinema. It seems that every movie is a remake of something that was better when it was first released in a foreign language, as a 1960s TV show, or even as a comic book. Now you’ve got theme park rides as the source material of movies. The only things left are breakfast cereal mascots. In our lifetime, we'll see Johnny Depp playing Captain Crunch."
>>
>>81932565
>LOOK MOM, I POSTED IT AGAIN
>>
>>81932565
As if I'm going to take the word of a man who looks like a hobo.
>>
But basically everything Moore does is remaking something else
>>
>mainstream culture is always boring and conformist
>anything cool and interesting comes from the underground
Duh?
>>
>no sauce
>>
Whatever, grandpa.
>>
File: sextiles.jpg (29 KB, 354x470) Image search: [Google]
sextiles.jpg
29 KB, 354x470
>>81932565
>In our lifetime, we'll see Johnny Depp playing Captain Crunch."
>>
>>81933011
http://www.fastcocreate.com/1679856/alan-moore-on-watchmen-s-toxic-cloud-and-creativity-v-big-business
>>
>>81933158
Thanks. But I wonder why OP didn't post the link in the first place?
>>
>>81932565
so the fact that Pirates was a good movie is irrelevant, it's just against some esoteric morality to make a movie based on a theme-park ride?
>>
>>81933214
Because if you post a quote from Moore hating on the mainstream culture is always real. Always.
>>
I'd watch a Captain Crunch movie starring Johnny Depp.
>>
>>81933294
>Pirates was a good movie
Hey underaged girl, show me your tits!
>>
>>81933294

1/4 isn't a great average
>>
File: spanish.jpg (17 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
spanish.jpg
17 KB, 640x480
>>81933565
>read Tim Powers' On Stranger Tides
>it's a great book
>Disney turns it into a shit movie
>Disney will never go back to the Black Cauldron days
>>
>>81932565
>Johnny Depp playing Captain Crunch
Breakfast of the Gods adaptation when?
>>
>>81932637
>>81932708
>>81932771
>>81933048
plebs so mad
>>
>>81932565
>All of the genuinely interesting work is being done on the margins
Such as?
>>>81932565
>There’s been a growing dissatisfaction and distrust with the conventional publishing industry
Which expresses itself in?
>a lot of formerly reputable imprints now owned by big conglomerate
Such a... nevermind.
>there’s a growing number of professional writers now going to small presses, self-publishing, or trying other kinds of distribution strategies
Such as?
>>
>>81932834
This.
It's been the case for decades now.
>>
>>81932834
>>81934011
Yes, but the general audience never manages to know.
>>
>>81932708
>>81932771
Be careful on talking bad of Alan Moore. He is a Grand Wizard and he can senses bad jibes directed toward him.
He is gonna hex you to death.
>>
>>81934155
...by the way, how is Frank Miller doing?
>>
>>81934155
Oh, what's he gonna do? Turn me into a toad?
>>
>>81934261
>Oh, what's he gonna do? Turn me into a toad?

Case to point....

Toad will be a merciful fate befallen on to you.
>>
>>81934367
Another case, DCEU. DC has been playing with Moore's patience for so long. But Zack Snyder's Watchmen is the last straw.
>>
>>81933679
But you used a Alan "entry level pseudo intellectualoid" Moore pic.

You can't accuse anyone of being a pleb.
>>
>>81934650
>Watchmen
>DCEU
wut
>>
>>81934930
DCEU as a whole still within DC/WB machination.
Tell me again how DC movies as a whole fared after Watchmen?
>>
>>81935014
>Tell me again how DC movies as a whole fared after Watchmen?
Anon, you just proved that >>81934155 is right.

Of course, not everyone hates DC here, sorry.
>>
File: CPNLWyoWsAAq9nV.jpg (34 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
CPNLWyoWsAAq9nV.jpg
34 KB, 600x338
This clip is very relevant.

https://youtu.be/JszcIgBV_MI?t=5m10s

What makes it weirder is that this is definitely just a coincidence, and not a reference to Moore.
>>
>Jhnny Depp as Cap'n Crunch
>dies from mixing alcohol, pills, and cereal
>>
>>81932565
Where is the inaccuracy tho
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.