[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
superhero carbon copies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image_0.jpg (760 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image_0.jpg
760 KB, 1280x720
>marvel
>several different spidermen and a few spiderwomen
>several different hulks
>thor and female thor
>several iron men and women
>several captain americas
>wolverine and female wolverine

>DC
>blistering number of batmen, batgirls, bat boys, actual bats
>superman, superboy, supergirl, superdog, supersluts
>several people who can move very fast

Why? Why cant comic book characters be original? Why do they feel the need to produce more of the same character?
>>
>>81929108
>Why cant comic book characters be original?
They can, just not with the Big 2, because people don't buy Big 2 comics for "original" they buy them for Batman, Superman, Spider-man, Hulk, etc. If they try something original, 9 times out of 10, it's a horrible failure, meanwhile they can just slap a pre-existing name on a new character and people will lap it up. That's the Big 2. Don't blame them, blame people their customers.

If you want original, go read books from Valiant, Image, Fantagraphics, Dark Horse, etc.
>>
>>81929460
Noted. Thanks for the contribution and the list of good reads.
>>
>>81929460
/thread
>>
>>81929460
Indiean detected
>>
>OP will never read a good Spider-book because he only cares about Peter Parker who has never had a good story
>>
File: Edge-of-spider-verse-1--100339.jpg (14 KB, 250x209) Image search: [Google]
Edge-of-spider-verse-1--100339.jpg
14 KB, 250x209
>>81930665
Spider gwen is my favorite of the spiderteam
>>
>>81929108
Honestly, it feels more natural in Marvel and I don't say this as a fanboy at all. Maybe not the wolverines or thors but most Spider-Men are from different universes and the ones that aren't are all scientific projects to some degree. The different hulks are the same. Different Iron Men are as easy as making another suit of armor. Captain America was always just a title.

In DC, there is absolutely no reason there should be THAT many in the Bat-Family. I loved Morrison's run but turning Batman into some sort of logo to be able to use worldwide is just kind of ridiculous. Superman too, he's the last son of krypton... except there are a bunch of other fucking kryptonians flying around.

The different Flashes are ok, probably one of the better written lines of lineage and passing of mantles.
>>
>>81929108
>Why? Why cant comic book characters be original? Why do they feel the need to produce more of the same character?

You should never care about originality, but execution. Originality is shit on it's own, execution can make the most cliche of characters a great read.

>>81929460
>If you want original, go read books from Valiant, Image, Fantagraphics, Dark Horse, etc.

I'm a Valiantfag and a DHfag, but a lot of things there aren't very original.
>>
>>81929108
Who's the native american in that pic and have people been raging about it being a racial stereotype?
>>
>>81932102
>racial stereotype
that's Red Wolf, he's an actual native that was teleported through time, but yes there have been a couple tantrums over it
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.