[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which is worse, the PPG reboot or Teen Titans Go?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 37
File: untitled (5).png (540 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
untitled (5).png
540 KB, 670x377
Which is worse, the PPG reboot or Teen Titans Go?
>>
There are few things worse than NuPPG. TTGo is not one of them.
>>
>>81928997
>glasses rae
CUTE

i wanna see her get blacked by lebron
>>
>>81928997
The PPG reboot
http://youtu.be/hZ0XDQXYb8Q
>>
>>81928997
ttg would be decent if it was its own thing completely separate from the teen titans
>>
>>81928997
nuPPG, not because it's so awful, but because it's so bland

TTG's tryhard edginess at least gives it character
>>
Where's the best place to watch nuPPG? I have that whole collectors edition DVD set so I'm good on the original.
>>
>>81929169
This is the correct answer.

TTG isn't terrible on its own. It just is a sad distortion of its source material.

PPG reboot is dogshit with no redeeming qualities.
>>
TTG literally shits on its source material which is fucking stupid for the fans and them admitting they don't understand the first series and only promised CTN that they can pump out cheep shit to show on their network. So TTG for being stupid in its own series as well as actively trying to debase its source matierial.
>>
>>81929666
This.

TTG isn't that bad if you don't constantly compare it to the original series. There was a stretch of episodes that was actually pretty damn good but it did eventually jump the shark.

>>81930616
>TTG literally shits on its source material
How is it shitting on its source material? By altering the relationships between the characters to make them funnier(i.e. Robin in friend-zone, Beast Boy lfirting with Raven etc)?
>>
>>81930714
It has multiple episodes that imply there are no such things as timeless cartoons that stand the test of time and growing up. It implies cartoons can only be dumb silly and not have any depth. It also made fun of anyone for liking the original series saying it's all nostalgia and that its fans are stupid. But most people were just like oooo lololol they broke the fourth wall so silly. Without actually thinking of the implications of what they said. New PPG is nothing TTG is negative.
>>
TTGO at least had the good will to distinguish itself from Teen Titans. nuPPG didn't even have it in them to change the damn name. Also TTG started from a higher point and got worse. NuPPG is starting at a mid-season 3 level of TTG humor and it's only downhill from here.
>>
>>81931218
I think you're reading too much into it. They're not saying "All cartoons must be silly and not have any depth" They're saying "This cartoon is silly and doesn't have any depth" Hell, there's an episode where the TTG characters watch the entirety of the original and are mad that it was canceled. Now I will say they did do a lot of salty episodes as a knee-jerk response to the "Not muh teen titans" crowd (one was already pushing it but they did like...3)
>>
>>81931218
>It has multiple episodes that imply there are no such things as timeless cartoons that stand the test of time and growing up.

That's true though. No matter how timeless a cartoon may be for generations eventually there'll be a generation that mostly "outgrows" it. Kids from the 50's through the early 90's watched Hanna Barbera cartoons, a lot of the same ones at that. Now no modern kids really care about them. The oldest cartoons kids still really watch are older Disney movies but even then I'm sure they'd rather watch frozen or Zootopia most of the time.

>It implies cartoons can only be dumb silly and not have any depth. It also made fun of anyone for liking the original series saying it's all nostalgia and that its fans are stupid.

I think you're taking things far too personally.
>>
>>81931218
TTG is meant to be watched as its own show, not to be compared to the originial. The target audience of TTG is too young to remember the original anyway.

Some of the TTG episodes are just way too random and silly. They cans till produce some good laughs but the show is at its best when it works within the established DC universe to find its gags(the HIVE lair episode or the Aqualad appearances)
>>
Wether of not you like TTG, you can state that more people have admitted to liking it than PPG.

2 is still a bigger number than 0.
>>
>>81929666
Nice Satan trips
>>
When it comes down to it the heart of TTGo is reuniting the old cast together and letting them cut loose and have fun. Even if you hate the actual writing, if you're a fan of the old TT cartoon I'm sure you'd be able to appreciate just having the VAs back and bouncing off each other.

I get the feeling a lot of TT fans where just in it for the action/drama and don't really care about the characters themselves as much.
>>
File: 1445741452258.png (484 KB, 574x516) Image search: [Google]
1445741452258.png
484 KB, 574x516
>>81928997
Ttg I've grown used to throw away joke central but PPG reboot is just fucking horrid, the creators of the show probably never watched the original; just take a look at this shit, ebin memes just thrown in for the sake of maymays.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8wOE7J8G1U
>>
File: NewTeenTitansVol1-001.png (326 KB, 288x435) Image search: [Google]
NewTeenTitansVol1-001.png
326 KB, 288x435
>>81930616
But the original Teen Titans literally shat over its own source material, and it was still good.
>>
>>81931411
>>81931405
>>81931393
Am I wrong or is it the kids? It's definitely the kids. It's insanely personal because teen titans was a top 5 cartoon ever for me. I tried watching some episodes but you can see every shortcut they made to make the animation cheaper(look at every action scene they usually just loop) and the character interactions aren't anything special in modern cartoons even excluding my bias from the previous series. Overall it may be better objectively but I'm not objective with cartoons
>>
>>81931555
TTG is lousy with bad characterization though. Especially with Robin. Robin is just totally different.
>>
>>81931666
WHY THE FUCK DOES SHE GROW A NOSE
>>
>>81931741
Nobody actually cared about the comics and TTG has its own episode genre of shitting on the series. Differing from the comics is not the same as dedicating an episode to making fun of the source. Also Original TT show is still objectively good meanwhile everyone will forget about Go 4 years after its canceled.
>>
File: 989.png (206 KB, 704x382) Image search: [Google]
989.png
206 KB, 704x382
>>81928997
TTG never bothered to emulate the tone of the 2003 series, but it still gained a following because it was actually striving to be its own thing. They also focus more on the actual source material, the comics, and they even took the time to bring back VAs from the 2003 cartoon to participate in this. Judging by stuff put out by the cast, everyone is actually having fun and they don't really care who they entertain. They're just having fun.

nuPPG feels like it was made by people who have a really weak grasp on what made the original PPG cartoon great and they tried to compensate for it by pandering to SJWs and memefags in an attempt to garner new fans, failing miserably at both. If they didn't already alienate fans of the original by doing that, destroying Pokey Oaks Kindergarden as a joke and writing Ms. Bellum out of the series because "lolsexism" would certainly do the trick.

TTG made it clear that they wanted to be different. nuPPG didn't. Therefore, nuPPG is worse.
>>
>>81931776
>TTG is lousy with bad characterization though. Especially with Robin. Robin is just totally different.
Robin is the best character on TTG. I wouldn't say he was improved but he fits the new tone of the show much better.
>>
Ppg
>>
>>81931411
if the target audience of TTG are too young to remember the original TT show, then why use the original designs and VAs?
>>
>>81932292
still that shouldn't justify the TTG crew outright MOCKING AND INSULTING the original's audience.

if you want to be different, good, more power to ya, but at least be respectful of the people who obviously is not gonna like it and ignore them, instead of fanning up the flames.
>>
>>81932292
>tfw this guy was right

>>81933386
Aw come on, dude.
This is not even a matter of respect, you are expecting them to apologize over taking jabs at everything?

Then you don't understand comedy at all.
>>
>>81929169
It is
>>
>>81933386
The audience deserves scorn for being a bunch of babies about a show that isn't even for them.
>>
File: Ben_The_Looney.png (45 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Ben_The_Looney.png
45 KB, 600x338
>>81933386
Are you talking about the "NOT MUH" part of the audience for the original? People who only hate the show because it's different despite there being no intention on the show's part to replace the original? Like pic related?

If so, the show is actually justified to do that. NOTMUHfags are fucking obnoxious and all they do is crap up the fandom with their bitching and moaning. It's no different from shit like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOtmdHiCJNY

If they target a specific part of a fandom with their insults like shipfags or purists, that's fine. If they insult the entire fanbase, that's a different story altogether.
>>
>>81931883

>objectively good
>My subjective opinion is an objective fact

Stop that.

Anyway, sure, TTG shits on the TT cartoon series, but it also doesn't take itself seriously at all and it has a couple of pretty good character-based jokes. It's basically like a crack fanfiction.

NuPPG, however, tried to set itself to be as great as or even better than the original. They're trying to pander to a specific audience and it's backfiring spectacularly, because they ultimately don't understand their target audience.
>>
>>81933308
Why not? They were a hit the first time around and it places the show within the DC universe while centering it around younger characters. That doesn't mean they should have to pull everything from the first show. Its got a different tone and target audience from the first series so it would make sense to alter the characters to fit that kind of show.
>>
>>81933386
>if you want to be different, good, more power to ya, but at least be respectful of the people who obviously is not gonna like it and ignore them, instead of fanning up the flames.
Why? Those people shit on their show despite the fact that they're not even the target audience. I loved the first TT but anyone who hates TTG because of how radically different it is can fuck off.
>>
>>81933804
ok, true, these assholes, and the animaniacs/TT era creeps are the worst.

but still, silence would be better, the assholes would start falling one by one by noticing their complaints will NEVER be heard, and the normal people will, in a chance, have interest on the source material.

dunno about you but many of the insults to the original show make it look bad, or worse than already is, and that might drive people away from it. people can be so stupid, that can t take a joke and they will understand only 'wow that other show was so bad? why does that exist? this new work will always be better!'
>>
>>81933386
I'm a fan of the comics, I came to love the comics after I watched TT Cartoon but have been a fan of DC comics basically my whole life. I Fucking love TTGO for the same reasons I loved Brave and the Bold and Tiny Titans. Because It loves the comics rich history, it's funny and it doesnt take itself too seriously. And it pisses off fags who dont get the joke. Lighten up.
>>
>>81929122
Wow, I can't even begin to process this.

>terrible voices
>twerking
>slang
>>
>>81931776
It's a parody. Do you not understand how that works?
>>
File: death ball.png (188 KB, 500x279) Image search: [Google]
death ball.png
188 KB, 500x279
>>81930616
At least TTG has some self-awareness that it's shitting on the source material. New PPG shits on the source material AND has shit levels of bad animation.
>>
>>81934227
and how about the people who don't like the comics or have never read one?

people who like TTG AS IT IS (as in, with the jokes and insults to its source being the comics or the orignal show) without liking the comics, are gonna get driven away and are gonna think TTG its the norm when it obviously is not.

if TTG toned down / avoided the jokes, that would make people at some point interested in the source material.

its good to have humor, but if that humor denies or mocks history, that same history that brought the opportunity to bring that humor in the first plaace, then that humor shouldn't exist, Period.
>>
>>81928997
PPG
Atleast Teen Titans Go knows how awful it is
>>
How many memes have been in PPG so far?
>>
>>81928997
PPG reboot is still very early on. TTGO has more than a few gems, and I especially love it when they experiment with different art styles/character designs.
>>
>>81935170
How many has Go made?
I'm actually curious now. Someone needs to make a chart or something
>>
>>81928997
ppg. At least TTG is doing its own thing and not trying to be like the original Teen Titans.
>>
>>81935348
As far as I know, they have not made any.
>>
>>81935755
I'll gladly consider every time they have said waffle as it's own different meme
They aren't going to get away with that
>>
File: 1460431226081.png (316 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
1460431226081.png
316 KB, 700x393
>>81933386
>MOCKING AND INSULTING the original's audience
When did they mock the 1960's Teen Titans? They did a joke with the 1980's one though but it's a decent joke
>>
>>81934592

Your claim is only backed up by outlandish assumptions, desu senpai.
>>
>>81935907
And I agree with you there. I just think that the person was asking how many real-life memes were made in TTG, and the answer remains the same.
>>
>>81936008
Fair enough I guess
I'll still say Go is the better of the two reboots, but shit man, that's not saying much at all
>>
>>81933386
>but at least be respectful of the people who obviously is not gonna like it and ignore them
>ignore them

In all honesty, the people that don't like the show could just ignore it too, but instead a lot of them throw huge bitch fits.
>>
>>81936047
Because Teen Titans Go is not exactly a reboot, it's rather an spin-off where everyone and everything is made fun of, but at least it's kiddie comedy fun.

Meanwhile, the reboot of PPG is exactly what people parrot about TTGo, being that it's a souless cash-in, with nothing that made the original cartoon work.
>>
As bad as TTG is, the animation is at least better than PPG.
>>
>>81928997
Teen Titans was never that good to begin with and at least TTGo has the occasional humorous episode. The PPG reboot however is inferior to the original in every conceivable way and every episode has been pretty lackluster so far.
>>
>>81935907
To be fair, the waffle meme was in the original cartoon and only slightly less obnoxious. TTGo dedicated an entire shitty episode to it and it hasn't really cropped up since then outside of one or two references to that episode.
>>
>>81936340
The writers shouldn't sink to that level though.
>>
TTG, since I'm sure it's THE main reason CN thought it was ok to bring back PPG and the garbage Gay anime chibi art style on top of flash is worse than PPG non thick lines, and it doesn't have the original voice actors which is good
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 257x196) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 257x196
nuPPG beacause is unnecessarily feminist for kids and is poory dubbed in my language.

>this feminist you can see... (abraham simpson)
>>
>>81930168
>It just is a sad distortion of its source material.

Just like how TT 2003 was a sad distortion of the original comic?
>>
As much as I don't like TT:GO, there is literally nothing worse than the PPG reboot.
>>
>>81928997
teen titans go has managed to make me laugh some times

the PPG rebbot aly scares me
>>
>>81934335
Yeah. Teen Titans Go at least said from the beginning that it was trying to do something new, and didn't really care about being like the original. NuPPG seems to actively view itself as like the next generation of the original - PPG Mark 2, All-New And Improved For The New Generation. And it just... isn't.
>>
I actually like TTGo for what its worth.

It has some real bad episodes, but for the most part it's watchable with a few strokes of greatness here and there.
>>
>>81928997
Why the fuck is Raven wearing glasses?
>>
File: 1458329372527.jpg (18 KB, 440x493) Image search: [Google]
1458329372527.jpg
18 KB, 440x493
>>81930616
>>81931883
>>81933386

legitimately pathetic
>>
>>81938834
So she can be Velma in the scooby doo parody that the episode is
>>
>>81928997
TTG because it's to blame for the insurgence of reboots.
>>
>>81938674
I feel like TTG is approaching Totally Spies levels of fetishes. I swear it's done a LOT of them.
>>
>>81934227
>Tiny Titans

fantstic taste my friend
>>
>>81934592
>people who like TTG AS IT IS (as in, with the jokes and insults to its source being the comics or the orignal show) without liking the comics, are gonna get driven away and are gonna think TTG its the norm when it obviously is not.

If they're retarded I guess. I don't watch SD Gundam and take away that all Gundam is like that. The style alone should make it clear that its a parody, not the original.

if TTG toned down / avoided the jokes,

Then it wouldn't even be a fucking show. what,m do you want a serious/drama cartoon with that art style?
>>
The fact CN can't create a new cartoon thats successful and funny on its own without being based on another cartoon or without borrowing jokes from the internet.
>>
>>81928997
The PPG reboot, because it's actually supposed to be a continuation of the original that taps into the same market. Teen Titans Go has no pretensions about being anything like the original.
>>
ITT people defending a show that had LEBRON KEKING JAMES IN IT
>>
>>81938947
>overrated waifu is playing overrated waifu
seems appropriate
>>
>>81939289
>he doesn't like lebron
>>
>>81938947
That means Robin would be Shaggy, Starfire would be Daphne, Cyborg would be Fred and Beast Boy would be the title character.
>>
>>81939382
No, Robin is Fred, and Cyborg is Shaggy. Other than that you got it right.
>>
>>81928997
PPG. I strongly dislike TTGO but at least they put some effort into what they're doing.
>>
Anyone who compares TTG to the original show is a fucking deviantart retard.
>>
>>81939833
The show itself constantly talks about the original series and compares itself.
>>
>>81929169
That's why it is.
>>
>>81928997
fuck lebron that traitor ass nigga
>>
File: Capture.png (443 KB, 745x337) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
443 KB, 745x337
>>81928997
PPG just look at this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-TTHvgDeps
>>
>>81928997
it's kinda weird that they even give james his tattoos in this.
you never see a cartoon character with tattoos these days.
i mean try to find at least one cartoon that is still currently airing on CN, Disney or Nick, and find me at least one character (except this one) with tattoos.
>>
Is this even a contest? PPG...

TTG is played as a parody from day one (albeit a terrible one) and is 100% self-aware of what it does to the source material. It regularly relishes in the fact this its it's own thing separate from Teen Titans.

PPG isn't even a parody. It desperately tries to be and even BELIEVES it stands in place of the original.
>>
>>81932292
>destroying Pokey Oaks Kindergarden as a joke
They really did that?
>>
File: 1413136713167.jpg (117 KB, 648x484) Image search: [Google]
1413136713167.jpg
117 KB, 648x484
>>81929666
>666
>>
>>81940257
Honestly this wasn't even that bad of a clip
I got slight laughs out of the parody of the opening and the Professor saying of course i noticed

The show is still awful but I mean this wasn't that bad of a scene
>>
>>81940552
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLVA7zUdRvU

Yes. Yes they did.
>>
>>81928997
Definitively NuPPG. It makes me want to punch the screen while at the same time gourging out my eyeballs with a tea spoon, while TTGo is actually quite entertaining at times.
>>
>>81943720
Why is monster blood such a common thing in every cartoon ever?
I've seen this ever expanding green goo in so many shows now that it's crazy.
>>
>>81944047
It lets them get away with blood.
>>
>>81928997
NuPPG. TTG is guilty of being an inconsistent comedy while NuPPG is tumblr trash by amateurs who don't know what the fuck they're doing. Look at it this way, TTG not only has the original voice actors but you can tell they're having fun working on the show.

It also helps that classic PPG was better than classic TT no matter what nostalgiafags say.
>>
>>81944380
>tumblr trash

They clearly tried to pander to Tumblr, and not even they want this shit.
>>
>>81944949
Something that is so much a vile bastardization of what was once beloved is truly the epitome of Tumblr trash.
>>
My hate goes to Teen titans go.

When the original Teen titans was on the air, there was another show called Kids next door. Both shows had a leader that wore red and eye gear, a big blue guy that's good with mechanics, a cheerful girl with an evil sister, a short guy who had the idea of dressing as the leader when the leader was absent, and a quiet girl that wears dark blue, shares a VA with Penny from inspector Gadget, and has a father voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson. The only differences between these two shows was the couples where mixed up. I wasn't looking forward to TTG because I dreaded it would have the same couples as TT. I was right. While they made RxSF less obnoxious by turning the two sided relationship into Robin being a stalker that wants Starfire all to himself (which is ironically how I interpreted the original relationship), they made BBxR more obnoxious by having Beast boy remind us that he likes Raven one every two episodes. Seriously. I can't help but change the channel every time Beast boy so much as calls Raven "mama".

I haven't seen much of the new Power puff girls, but I wasn't that fond of the original either. I'm thinking about giving it a chance just to see if it manages to be worse than the original.
>>
PPG because most of the people in TTGO don't look like chunky SU puffball people.
>>
File: 1460627971149.jpg (43 KB, 347x531) Image search: [Google]
1460627971149.jpg
43 KB, 347x531
>>81944949
>so terrible that no even Tumblr likes it
I hope you contrarian faggots don't start liking this crap because Tumblr hates it. Garbage is garbage.
>>
>>81929098
She already rides the green scream machine.
>>
File: Lebron-James-Teen-Titans.jpg (31 KB, 484x400) Image search: [Google]
Lebron-James-Teen-Titans.jpg
31 KB, 484x400
>>81929098
>>
>>81946267
are you autistic?
>>
>>81946905
Yes I am. Got a problem with autistic people?
>>
>>81928997
I fucking hate TTG, especially how it simultaneously shits all over fans of the original show and stays true to the DC Universe, but that doesn't compare to the sheer cash-grabbing, disrespectful-to-the-original-message, poorly-animated piece of shit that is the Neu PPG.
>>
>>81928997
PPGboot

At least TTG has its moments even if they are few and far between
>>
I'm sure TTG existence caused some fuckers at CN to try and reboot PPG so I go with TTG being worse
>>
>>81940257
>hearty non stock belch
decent sound fx are hard to come by
>>
>>81928997
that depends, TTG is pretty much its own thing and only mentions the original if people bitching about this one. while PPG 2016 doesn't know what the fuck it wants to be a show to coninue off the original or its own thing like TTG.

TTG is around the time or still is IDK, where the original fans wanted TT to be reboot and continue where it was left off since it was cancelled but got this. while PPG 2016 is show that no one wants not even the fans since there been a huge load of episodes, movies, and anniversary specials. the new PPG felt like it was made just to make profit on merchandise since PPG sells like fucking hot pancakes.

TTG had most episodes range to be stupid too we-want-to-be-the-next-totally-spies-stupid but at least know what they want in the plot. within the first few episodes of PPG 2016 pretty much show they had no direction what so ever since the episodes should be mid season or/and cramp as many moments as possible (you also know its bad when Craig McCraken is not even working on this show).
>>
>>81931883
No one cared about the comics?

Well that's just not true when this series was competing with the X-Men at the time.
>>
File: obama.jpg (15 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
obama.jpg
15 KB, 500x335
Harder question, what's the best CN reboot?
>>
>>81949647
Scooby-Doo Mystery Incorporated.
>>
>>81949647
Literally nothing
>>
>>81949970
does scooby doo really count though? that fucking show gets rebooted all the time
>>
>>81950026
Anon said "best", not good, he only wants to know what the most polished of turds are.
>>
>>81950064
MI was done by CN studios, so marches the criteria of being a CN reboot.
>>
>>81929122
Jesus christ, is the whole show like this so far?
>>
File: sad toothpick.jpg (2 KB, 43x113) Image search: [Google]
sad toothpick.jpg
2 KB, 43x113
>>81950217
Pretty much memes and "this is what the young kids are into" according to an out of touch executive

The only good thing about a PPG reboot is new fan art.
>>
>>81931218
>It also made fun of anyone for liking the original series saying it's all nostalgia and that its fans are stupid.

You're fucking crazy. That literally never happened.
>>
>>81928997
PPG
>>
>>81950304

>tumblr redraws Plank.jpg
>>
>>81946761
I think it just speaks volumes with how panned the show has been. Sailor Moon Crystal was a dud but even that had a defense force linger for a while.
>>
Anyone saying TTG is worse is retarded.

As bad as it might be, the powerpuff series does everything wrong that it does, and a whole WHOLE lot more.
>>
File: 1439630340535.jpg (170 KB, 968x745) Image search: [Google]
1439630340535.jpg
170 KB, 968x745
>>81950785
>>
Most of the hate towards TTG is unfounded in my opinion. It's not trying to be anything other than a silly show for young children to chuckle at. In my opinion, it succeeds at this.
>>
I think my dad likes it, even though he doesn't care too much about animation

He does laugh more at Starfire, so I can tell he has good taste.
>>
File: image.jpg (160 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160 KB, 1600x900
How does this reboot compare to TTGo and NuPPG? Is it better than both, worse than both or somewhere in between?
>>
>>81928997
PPG reboot by a fucking mile.
>>
>>81951845
So the same thing as PPG? Honestly they are both raped versions of their old shows so I don't even see the difference
>>
PPG Reboot by a LONG SHOT.

TTG was never intended to be a revival or anything of the short. It's taking the existing TTG comics and putting them on TV: A comedy series with the TT characters, variously getting into cartoon hijinks or lampooning the source material (and fans).

NuPPG is just a lazy zombification. "Hey guys we're bringing the PPG back except with no effort on anything that made you love them the first time around, isn't that great?"
>>
>>81938677
Just like how TT comic was a sad distortion of the Super Friends?
>>
File: 1457575756007.jpg (79 KB, 735x705) Image search: [Google]
1457575756007.jpg
79 KB, 735x705
>>81929122
For fucks sakes this is the worst. They really tried to do the "hey kids we're cool too we get it! we know about ***outdated pop culture reference*** see we're cool right?!"

Who the fuck writes this shit? Who the fuck thinks that it's ok to make this and show it on television? Do they not understand anything?
>>
>>81928997
am I the only one who thinks TTG is decent?
>>
>>81929122
...the fu-

WAIT! I get it! It's ironic. They're making fun of stupid millenial garbage. This is the best satire I've seen in a cartoon 10/10 my new favorite show.
>>
>>81955064
not really. Reception towards TTG has gotten better over time. A lot of people don't mind it now.
>>
File: hell-08.jpg (100 KB, 1000x480) Image search: [Google]
hell-08.jpg
100 KB, 1000x480
>>81929714
>>
File: image.png (694 KB, 562x498) Image search: [Google]
image.png
694 KB, 562x498
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EioTwSMS0-k
Why has God abandoned us?
>>
Teen Titans Go! doesn't consider itself to be a continuation of Teen Titans and is basically DC Universe sketch comedy. nuPPG considers itself to be an updated version of the original show which we all know is fucking bullshit.
Teen Titans Go! isn't bad if you idiots stop taking it seriously. I showed it to my little sister so she'd get into the characters. Then I told her that there's an original show and she got interested in that and now she always asks me to watch it with her.
>>
>>81953945
As someone who hasn't seen the new PPG I can't compare it to the old, but I enjoy both teen titan shows for different things.
>>
File: idiot meme face.jpg (3 KB, 115x104) Image search: [Google]
idiot meme face.jpg
3 KB, 115x104
>>81931811
To reference this face.
>>
File: america.png (574 KB, 600x653) Image search: [Google]
america.png
574 KB, 600x653
>TTG is fucking terrible and the worst reboot of all time.

This is you, this is what you sound like faggots.
>>
>>81955877
But PPG is the worst reboot of all time.
>>
>>81928997
PPG by a goddamn country mile from what we've seen so far, if the whole show is like what we've seen. TTG has a lot of cringe and was getting over exposed as fuck by CN, but it's at least a hit or miss show with a very rare hit. I don't see the PPG reboot ever having a hit, only misses.
>>
PPG. TTGo is at least cute and when it wants to be it can be really funny, and has a bunch of fun references to the wider DC universe. PPG is ugly and literally every "joke" is nothing but cringe.
>>
Give it a year, people will end up liking PPG it's gonna happen
>>
>>81956555
That's the sad part. They'll just give in and say "well, it's the best we'll ever get" and start defending it even though it's literally puking on Craig McCracken's creation. That's the difference between TTG and the PPG reboot, one is an extension of a show that was an extension of a comic while the other is a bunch of CalArts students shitting on previous CalArt student's creation. Craig has no involvement in the show and fucking hates it.
>>
I have to say. I hated Steven Universe until I got drunk and watched it. I hated Teen Titans Go until I got drunk and watched it. I just got drunk and watched tPPG. It's shit. It's really shit.
>>
>>81949970
What the fuck happened to daphne?
>>
>>81933386
TTfags deserve it.
>>
>>81958750
She gets replaced.
>>
>>81939376
Even Lebron doesn't really like Lebron.
>>
>>81938677
>The original TT
>being anything but shit
nice try my friend, they even did Judas Contract better than that shit
>>
Powerpuff Girls Reboot is worse by a mile, already.
>>
>>81958792
With edgier velma?
>>
File: lel.jpg (42 KB, 353x423) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
42 KB, 353x423
>>81939289
>>
>>81959047
There's nothing edgy about that other Velma.
>>
>>81958355
you heard it here first folks
pack your fucking bags, drunkanon's magic elixir didn't work on this shit, time to commit suicide
>>
File: 1357068322185.jpg (38 KB, 485x320) Image search: [Google]
1357068322185.jpg
38 KB, 485x320
Get used to it, /co/mblr, it's only going to get worse as they continue to pander to a changing American demographic base.
>>
File: 1460950556529.jpg (57 KB, 676x960) Image search: [Google]
1460950556529.jpg
57 KB, 676x960
>>81940257
>That voice acting
Fire everyone at CN
Fire everyone in cable
This nepotism and compulsory hiring is out of control
>>
TTG probably contributed to nuPPG creation, I hope this trend dies before anymore classics get trashed.
>>
>>81960342
What was as popular as PPG?
>>
>>81959135

No, but it is pretty edgy that she gets fucking shot in the face in a kid's show.
>>
File: Antje-Traue-in-Man-of-Steel-.jpg (92 KB, 680x478) Image search: [Google]
Antje-Traue-in-Man-of-Steel-.jpg
92 KB, 680x478
>>81959360
>>
File: 1375834839344.png (176 KB, 481x351) Image search: [Google]
1375834839344.png
176 KB, 481x351
>>81928997
I wouldn't know, I purposly haven't watched either.
>>
>>81955873
Jesus fuck they aren't even the same meme
>>
>>81940257
>the professor's chin
FUCK why is his chin not square?
>>
Teen Titans Go!.

The PPG reboot is just misguided and suffering the yolk of executive demands for political correctness and diversification.

Teen Titans Go! actively hates you and wants you to know it.
>>
>>81950064
Don't you wanna sing this song ALL DAY LONG?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWkVgHzr6tA
>>
>>81953745
I read this post in Peabody's voice, fuck.
>>81955042
And I read THIS one in Bobby's voice
>>
>>81932292
enter plz leave
>>
>>81961889
SEND HELP
>>
>>81929122
the PPG are twerking?
what.
>>
I wasn't a big fan of the og teen titans series so I don't mind go that much

I also wasn't a huge ppg fan but I can still recognize the reboot as an abomination
>>
>reboot
wait, I thought the word was remake? please correct me.
anyway, if scooby doo, batman and transformers can do that 2-3 times and still appreciated by their respective fandoms, why can't nuppg do as well?
>>
TTG has some freaking awesome moments.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR131fc2pZY
>>
>>81961889
Why people hate on this show again? I was a breath of fresh air.
>>
>>81946796
Size doesn't matter. It's how you use it. That's why Lebron is the better lay.
>>
>>81928997
The ham handed messages of the PPG is much worst
>>
>>81929122
FUCK
>>
>>81959360
what a fat fucking nose she has
>>
>>81934088
>and that might drive people away from it.
You are so fucking stupid
If all it takes is a parody bit to make them not watch it they were never going to watch it
Also its a 13+ year old show. It lived it died like millions before it. Accept that all things must end and be forgotten, this includes TTG
>>
>>81938988
They are fully aware of what they are doing
>>
File: yiormb01rti868o3_500.gif (574 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
yiormb01rti868o3_500.gif
574 KB, 500x281
>>81965312
>>
>>81928997
PPG.

TTG is actually funny and is a parody of it's original show.

PPG is just a bad reboot that's trying too hard to be cool with mordern kids.
>>
>>81928997
Why are black peoples tattoos always drawn as being blue?
>>
>>81940257
got to be the most bland boring voice acting I've heard in a while.
>>
>>81928997

PPG Reboot, and it's not even close.

TTG was always intended to be a massive departure from the original and even if it's not always good, it has displayed respect for the source material and the DCU as a whole.

PPG Go has so little respect for the original series it kicked off one of the characters for being a competent and attractive woman.
>>
>>81963942
>those raven and starfire designs
Boner every single time
>>
File: 1387163405442.gif (3 MB, 324x347) Image search: [Google]
1387163405442.gif
3 MB, 324x347
>>81929122
>>
I'm honestly sick of the current state of affairs with cartoons. I hope that in a decade or two these juvenile artstyles and lolrandumb humor with a siding of internet memes get replaced with something worthwhile.

It's like Adventure Time airing opened the floodgates of terrrible animation and sad attempts at absurdist humor. I mean, I watch Gumball despite not liking the writing itself because it looks so incredibly good compared to all the dogshit CN is airing.
>>
File: 1450844739420.jpg (28 KB, 279x270) Image search: [Google]
1450844739420.jpg
28 KB, 279x270
Which one was better /co/?
>2009 - Live action shit and few cartoons
or
>2016 - Lot's of cartoons but with memes and shitty animation
>>
All this talk about Ms Bellum being written off because being too sexualized or something...

Is this confirmed?
I know she takes a 1000-day vacation but is there any explanation as to why she's actually out of the show?
>>
>>81963942
That it does, anon. That it does:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKh9Pw2qPPA
>>
>>81967314

>One character who didn't make the cut in the new "Powerpuff Girls" series? The mayor's red-headed assistant Ms. Bellum.

>>"We felt like Ms. Bellum wasn't quite indicative of the kind of messaging we wanted to be giving out at this time, so we sort of had her move on," Jennings explained. "And that was a good choice I think on our part."

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/herocomplex/la-et-hc-powerpuff-girls-20160401-story.html
>>
my roomate thinks this show is good
I actually can't even understand how that's possible
>>
So I get that Cartoon Network is naturally going to want to save cash and go with the least expensive show to make, but how come 99% of the time they have horrible writers?

Did they just hire the shittiest writers because they took the lowest salary offer or something?
>>
>>81967627
>And that was a good choice I think on our part
Wow. Way to pat yourself on the back.
>>
>>81955064
I hope so.
>>
>>81968481
It can be funny sometimes.

Only a handful of episodes are truly bad.

Robin is a great character.
>>
>>81969365
no I meant the ppg reboot
>>
>>81968621
It really is a difference of craft. One Punch Man's budget isn't particularly high, even by anime standards, but it still looks amazing because the animators are given good working conditions and have a love for the source material. Even in terms of CN shows, look at Adventure Time or Steven Universe - they're hardly the most beautiful shows out there, but they have appealing designs, good flow, and you can tell when they go all-out. Yet I'd be surprised if their budget was significantly higher than the PPGboot.
>>
File: nmacsmb9U71u6luamo1_500.gif (360 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
nmacsmb9U71u6luamo1_500.gif
360 KB, 500x375
TTG is annoying lazy dogshit that shits on its source material but every now and again it can be passable.

nuPPG is uninspired and lazy on every possible level and has not moments of decency. The fact it defaces the original only makes it worse
>>
>>81931218
>It also made fun of anyone for liking the original series saying it's all nostalgia and that its fans are stupid.
Good on them theyre rgiht. Teen titans was fucking lame with shit animation, pathetic attempts at drama, and faux animoo bullshit shoved in. TTG isn't exactly amazing but at least its just a full on silly comedy show which it succeeds at rather than teen titans which just fails at everything it sets out to do. you just happen to like the thing, that doesn't mean it isnt shit.
>>
>>81970243
(Doesn't actually critique the show instead says nothing substantive and defends a show made for mongoloids) New powerrpuff was made solely because of TTG successes with babies and man children so even if TTG is better it is the cause of NPPG meaning it's rotten at the core
Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.