[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone here actually like Jason Todd ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 22
File: 1793686-fuck_you_jason_todd.jpg (42 KB, 495x295) Image search: [Google]
1793686-fuck_you_jason_todd.jpg
42 KB, 495x295
Does anyone here actually like Jason Todd ?
>>
>>81924206
The one Jason Todd shitposter who spends entire threads talking to himself loves him.

Other than that, I doubt many do
>>
File: Crowbar.jpg (9 KB, 391x325) Image search: [Google]
Crowbar.jpg
9 KB, 391x325
>>81924206
I know something that likes him.
>>
>>81924206
Donna's kinda looking at him like he said something impressively stupid.
>>
>>81924206
I always see him getting bashed as the least interesting or worst Robins/former sidekicks
>>
>>81924218
Worms?
>>
>>81924206
Well, for one thing, he's the least developed of the Robins. Dick Grayson is a legit superhero in his own right, Tim Drake carried a solo for over a decade, and Damian Wayne was developed under the pen of Grant Morrison and later Peter Tomasi. By default, that kinda puts Jason in fourth place. And he doesn't really have a memorable series like Stephanie Brown or Cassandra Cain did, either. For a long time, he was Bruce's greatest failure. His death brought a darkness to the character. When he came back, he was solid as a recurring villain. If Grayson is the humanization of Batman, and Drake is the idealization of Batman, then Jason represents the perversion of Batman. He took Batman's ideals to the darkest extremes, and managed to make things both better (by putting fear of death into criminals) and worse (by attracting even worse villains into Gotham). He served as a nice foil to both Bruce and Dick.
>>
>>81924206
He was an asshole when he was Robin and he never really got "it"
>>
>>81924206
He should've stayed dead. I liked him as Robin and the idea of his death and the consequences and stories from it. I didn't need him back and I don't think Red Hood is interesting as a villian (becuase why doesnt Batman take him down...Jason kills people now...) and he doesnt work as a good guy.
>>
Wtf was batman thinking
>>
He's an all round douche-bag .
>>
>>81924206
He's not my favorite character but I don't loathe him either.
>>
>>81924206
Yes
>>
>>81924206
Jason Todd fanbase is pretty cancerous at times.
>>
File: 2716208-jason-todd.jpg (52 KB, 600x362) Image search: [Google]
2716208-jason-todd.jpg
52 KB, 600x362
>>81924206
Yes, I do.

And yes, there are people who likes him in this board so get the freaking over it because I am really tired of this stupid question.
>>
>>81924206
Whining little bitch
>>
I liked those couple of pages of him as Robin in that other thread.
One was him telling Donna to get her shit togethor because she didnt seem to realise Dick wasnt Robin or their leader anymore and that Jason was just a kid so she shouldnt expect the same out of him.
>>
>>81924338
Dude I agree with you man. All these Jason Todd fans are so annoying. They literally say Jason would beat Batman in a fight just because he kills. That reason alone.
>>
>>81924354
t's funny how the people who don't like Jason todd are the only ones who understand the character while supposed fans only know what google tells them. For the record I am a fan of red hood and I hope that one day fans get a better version of the character that gets over his fucking daddy issue's and decides to be a real bad ass and step into a more adult direction to stop kids from 'identifying' with him and give him a proper fan base of non
>>
>>81924206
He was hated enough before his death that readers voted him dead. The retarded come back has not changed that.
>>
>>81924206
Worthless, whiny, b!tch of a character who was hated enough for the fans to vote him dead.
Resurrected in a manner that was utterly and completely stupid an illogical...even for comics.
Post resurrection was mary sue'd/marty stu'ed to have abilities that again, were completely and utterly stupid and illogical...even for comics.

And now in the reboot, the character is still unable or unwilling to accept responsibility for his own actions, and has been retconned to have abilities that the character didn't posses previously in a timeline that makes the explanation for those abilities impossible....even for comics.

At best, the character is a p!ss poor imitation of a Punisher-wannabe that begs for fans to like him because he's "cool" and "mysterious" - no substance and no character. Frak him. Better yet, let's have another vote to see if the character stays....because I suspect history would repeat itself.
>>
>>81924206
HIS DEATH WAS A HUGE DEAL IN COMICS THAT COMPLETELY MENTALLY FUCKED BATMAN UP.
AND THEY COMPLETELY SHIT ON IT BY BRINGING HIM BACK.
>>
>>81924436
>!
Why?
>>
>>81924457
Not really, they shat on it when they introduced Tim Drake
>>
>>81924457
Jason was the worst Robin ever. That's kind of the point ...
>>
>>81924260
>>81924272
>>81924277
>>81924426
>>81924534
He definitely does have a very devoted hater. Which is kind of creepy to be honest.
>>
>>81924595
i killed jason todd...and i loved it. i helped kill jason todd back in 88
>>
>>
Why I Hate Jason Todd! Can already see all the 40 year olds now xD
>>
File: Donna Troy - Wonder Booty.png (1 MB, 1225x730) Image search: [Google]
Donna Troy - Wonder Booty.png
1 MB, 1225x730
>>81924206
No, but I like Donna
>>
>>81924436
Mysterious? I thought he tends to just kill people unlike the rest of the Bat-family, pretty straight forward, more mysterious is how they've gone so long without killing people even by accident or something, beat the shit out of a thug and they have a heart attack or something, especially given Bats's whole thing is about scaring the shit out of his targets.
>>
File: itsjasoningtime.jpg (112 KB, 500x247) Image search: [Google]
itsjasoningtime.jpg
112 KB, 500x247
>>81924206

I love Jason Todd.
>>
>>81924218
Likes him?

All it does is hit on him.
>>
i like the character after resurrection not his run as robin he was a credible threat to batman in under the red hood he knew batmans secrets and techniques and wasnt afraid to kill so when he fought tim in titans tower the fight was had me worried for tim i think he is an interesting character with potential but after battle for the cowl dc didnt know what to do with him they couldnt decide whether to have him over come his issues whether they be lazarus pit madness or simply forgiving bruce for not avenging him i feel like he just needs another good writer
>>
>>81924206

I like him.
>>
File: sadjason.png (678 KB, 499x643) Image search: [Google]
sadjason.png
678 KB, 499x643
>>81924206
>>
>>81925090
arkham knight genesis is a good jason todd story i like the idea of joker not killing him but psychologically turning him against batman
>>
wow i didnt know there were so many red hood haters i can understand not liking his run as robin because the writer at the time didnt want a robin so he wrote him badly on purpose but red hood is a cool character
>>
>>81925127
I like the idea of Jason Todd getting hit with a crowbar until he stops being a character.
>>
>>81925177
why do you hate him so much?
>>
>>81925168

It's just the way the OP is worded. You can ask the same question with pretty much every other character and it'll mostly attract complaints.

Excluding Dick, then it will become a Dickbutt thread.
>>
>>81925218
okay i mean jason isnt the greatest character ever but i dont think he deserves this much hate
>>
>>81925230
He has a big fanbase, but some people just love to bitch about him for some reason.
>>
i like jason but i really hate Damian hes had some cameos in other books i read and he is the most annoying little shit is there a series where Damian is likable
>>
>>81924206
>OMG JASON IS SUCH A BRAT! I AM GLAD HE DIED! SO EDGY! LOL NOW HE IS MAD FUCKINF FAGGOT!

meanwhile

>OMG I LOVE DAMIAN! HE IS SO ENDEARING WITH HIS BRAT ATTITUDE! AND HE KILLS PEOPLE TOO WITHOUT GIVING A FUCK AND HE IS JUST A KID! THIS IS GREAT!

At least Jason is a character with an unquie spin unlike "I am just Batman 2.0 and the prettyboy of the group" Grayson.
>>
>>81925367
im a fan of jason but dick grayson is a good character he is like if you mixed batman with supermans optimism
>>
>>81925206
I don't hate jason, I just think the crowbar would have been a better Robin.
>>
>>81925367

Grayson book did wonders for Dick's character imo

Also I more or less agree, although I don't hate Damian
>>
>>81925386
Kind of the point, each are a variation on Bats.
>>
File: 7TUeAGA.jpg (109 KB, 630x966) Image search: [Google]
7TUeAGA.jpg
109 KB, 630x966
>>81925367

I like Jason but I think Damian is annoying and Dick is a slut. I don't think I would have liked Jason at all if he hadn't come back and tried to force Batman to kill the Joker. I actually don't like Jason much beyond that, I would've been fine with him being a flash-in-the-pan villain who never showed up again after that.
>>
File: Donna Troy.jpg (646 KB, 978x1250) Image search: [Google]
Donna Troy.jpg
646 KB, 978x1250
>>
...kinda?

I actually like the idea of a 'failed' Robin who died, coming back via the Lazarus pit and basically becoming the bat-trained Punisher.

That said, he's inconsistent. He tends to be badly written. Having him reconcile with Bruce, as much as he has, was a mistake in my opinion. He worked much better as an antagonist who could pop in and out of the story, and be a source of drama for Batman.
>>
Fans don't like Jason Todd, no one can really like Jason, since he is too often a badly written character, but they like their headcanon of Jason because he is the Robin with the most narrative potential. Right now Jason's fanbase can justify any bullshit Lobdell writes because their headcanon Jason is still perfect.
I'll make some examples to show how much Jason Todd really sucks.
Dick has New Teen Titans, Dixon's run( a bit mediocre, but not bad), Morrison's Batman and Robin, Black Mirror and Grayson.
Tim has his solo series that lasted almost 20 years( quality varied, but nothing too horrible) and the first arc of Red Robin.
Damian has the whole Morrison's run, Tomasi's Batman and Robin and Gleason's Robin.
Jason has Under the Red Hood( the animated version is better) and that's it.
He sells so he has to be included in the Batfamily despite not having done anything to deserve it.
Jason Todd right now is just wasted potential and should have stayed dead
>>
>>81925956
he was in Arkham Knight and wil be in the next Batman movie which are all more important than comics since they reach more people
>>
>>81925935
see i feel like they either go full redemption arc or have him go full (actual threat) villian again have something set him off like tim getting btfo by a crowbar and reignite his hatred of bruce for letting that happen
>>
>>81925992
They won't adapt Under the Red Hood in live action and in Arkham Knight Jason was just a whiny baby( which is something he is very good at in every medium , I'll give him that)
>>
>>81925956

In all the Jason Todd threads I've seen all the fans always complain about Lobdell's writing. Never seen anyone defend it. Even on Tumblr they complain

I think it's a fun book, actually, it's just that Lobdell butchered Jason's character completely
>>
File: red_hood_by_denism79-d9ter5u.jpg (198 KB, 1167x1651) Image search: [Google]
red_hood_by_denism79-d9ter5u.jpg
198 KB, 1167x1651
>>81924206
He's my favorite DC character and I love what Lobdell has done with him
>>
>>81926040

His fate in AK is worse than the Lazarus bullshit pit imo. Also made more sense since the Joker explicitly fucked with his mind for a year. He definitely wasn't okay in the head. I mean, in comparison to

>a crazy clown beat me up with a crowbar for an hour and killed me
>I dug out of my grave with my bare hands and fucked my foster dad's ex

What didn't make any sense is, how did the Joker keep him there for a year?
>>
I like the idea of him being revived and being a new villain to the Batfamily, but him being an ally and always showing up during events to help them just feels stupid. He should've been revived and been a permanent part of the League of Assassins or something.

It doesn't help that no good writers give a shit about him so he'll never be written well.
>>
>>81927267
>how did the Joker keep him there for a year?
Arkhamverse Batman didn't really care and never really bother searching for his corpse.
>>
>>81927429
The Arkham universe is so depressing.
Even in the DLC set after the game literally no one gives a fuck that Bruce is supposedly dead and instead makes fun of him multiple times
>>
>>81927429

Yeah, but he was completely Joker-obsessed. You'd think he'd get suspicious when his future headmate takes very frequent, long absences
>>
>>81924206
The thing about Jason is, his character had so much potential, it's just that he's passed on to writers who doesn't care about him or just flat out bad.

At least he's not as irrelevant as Tim and Barbs.
>>
File: Talia13.jpg (232 KB, 522x800) Image search: [Google]
Talia13.jpg
232 KB, 522x800
>>81927267
>and fucked my foster dad's ex
>implying you wouldn't
>>
>>81925956
>Fans don't like Jason Todd, no one can really like Jason
Speak for yourself dude because I like Jason well enough and find him to be the most interesting out of all Robins.
>>
File: wonder kek.png (553 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
wonder kek.png
553 KB, 1280x720
>>81925072
>>
>>81925992
He'll show up according to who? There's been zero confirmation of that.
>>
>>81927963
>literally a dead robin in BvS
>I wonder who it will be
>Johns is in charge of the Batman solo movie
>Under The Red Hood is literally the only Batman comic he has ever read
>>
ason Todd wasn't liked by fans because he was an a**h***.He was always disobeying Bats as well as just being an over sensitive d*** to everyone else. Fans didn't like his personality, stating he didn't deserve to be Batman's sidekick.

After so much hate mail,DC put a contest together. Call in on one of two phone numbers. After the votes were tallied, the phone number with most votes would determine if Todd dies at Joker's hand or lives.

The vote was actually close, but the second line edged out the first one and he was killed off.

I bought the comics back in the 90's right before Tim's story started and even I didn't like him. Death in the Family was all I read of Todd and even in that story I wanted to smack the s*** out of him.
>>
>>81925563
>but I think Damian is annoying and Dick is a slut
No one is denying this.
Right? This isn't even up for debate.
>>
>>81928144

Is this bait? Buddy, you need to be at least 18 to post on this website.
>>
I don't hate Jason Todd, I hate Red Hood who is an edgy OC.
>>
>>81928029
Batmans shooting people left and right. Jason Todd red hoods cornerstone is him killing people. Literally removed the entire point of introducing him and him "doing what batman won't"
>>
Hes a whiney bitch
>>
>>81928325

Which Red Hood? Bruuce, you let me diiieeee Hood? Bruuuuce, I'm going to kiiiiiill you Hood? I forgive you but why the hell is Joker still alive Hood? The angry, insufferable ginger Hood? Magic zen assassin channeling Bruce Wayne Hood?

He's just so inconsistently and often badly written, it's amazing. This is a trait he shares with Damian, but at least Damian had a few good runs before becoming largely irrelevant.
>>
Should have stayed dead. Now he's a Punisher wannabe.
>>
>>81924206
I hate how Jason Todd has been turned into Dick 2.0. They gave him his old clothes, a team with Roy and Kori, a brotherhood with Tim and now ...
>>
>>81928331

Batman's not murdering people as much as he is crippling and indirectly causing their deaths (bat brand and whatever). He's also repenting at the end of the movie. He didn't brand Lex and told Diana he wasn't going to fail Supes in death

We have HA HA THE JOKE'S ON YOU on Robin's armor, and Leto Joker, who might play a fairly big role as Joker in all incarnations tend to do

The one thing I can see them do is replace the dead Robin storyline with Dick instead of Jason, because Dick is better known among people
>>
>>81925367
So you're telling me that its an endearing when a 10 year old kid does something that you know he'll grow out of but when a 20 year-old who should've grown out of it years ago didn't its no longer endearing and is just annoying.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT ANON YOU MIGHT JUST BE ON TO SOMETHING HERE
>>
>>81928519

>does something you know he'll grow out of

Do you know anything about Bruce Wayne at all, Anon?

I like Damian but I like him because he's a 10 year old, annoying, bratty edgelord with a massive ego, a dog and a cow, not because I think he'll grow into a fine adult. Which he won't. I mean, he murdered a dude when he was three.
>>
>>81924799
>>81924824
Are you the guy who kept calling over and over?
>>
File: clean thoughts.jpg (109 KB, 959x367) Image search: [Google]
clean thoughts.jpg
109 KB, 959x367
No one likes him.
>>
>>81928503

This is actually sadly hilarious because during his Robin run, he was occasionally written to be exactly like Dick

That lawyer who apparently got Jason killed by voting shittons of times must've put a curse on the character or something
>>
I hate Jason's Dildo-head-“Red Hood”-helmet…
>>
>>81924206
Yeah
>>
>>81924206
Yep, all comic accurate. There's your Jason Todd. ... The only thing I hate more than Jason being a bratty kid is Jason being a bratty adult.
>>
File: 35651e2859d1b72b91-64.jpg (360 KB, 1000x1585) Image search: [Google]
35651e2859d1b72b91-64.jpg
360 KB, 1000x1585
>>81928682
>This is actually sadly hilarious because during his Robin run, he was occasionally written to be exactly like Dick

Which is pretty funny considering pic related.

I don't mind the idea of Robin being a bit of a shit/bratty, its why I like Damian. I'm sure if Jason was created now as well I'd like him but with Lobdells rape of the character and the fact that any kind of maturing he did do as Red Hood has been taken away I just can't like him. He acts like what a 14 year old thinks a cool 20 year old acts like.

I'm sure if you handed him off to a good writer it'd be well and good but until Jason escapes Lobdell I can't see him growing on me.
>>
File: TT-20_6.jpg (173 KB, 694x1024) Image search: [Google]
TT-20_6.jpg
173 KB, 694x1024
>>81928833
Woops, wrong picture
>>
>>81928855
>Dick Grayson, Age 20
Did Frank Miller write that?
>>
File: Save for dad moments.jpg (38 KB, 503x538) Image search: [Google]
Save for dad moments.jpg
38 KB, 503x538
>>81928833
>tfw you just realised Damians going to be Red Hood-tier when he ages up because writers won't have him matured him personality-wise
>>
think people hate Jason Todd because he's one of those jerks who knows he's a jerk and doesn't care and in fact goes out of his way to be a little jerky. Unlike Damian, however, he doesn't have the benefit of an irresistible personality to keep him likable. Damian is also a jerk, but he's also hilariously dry and intelligent, to the point where he has the manner of a straight man but is actually a pretty comical character and 10 .Jason Todd is 20:
>>
>>81924206
The biggest reason to hate Jason Todd is becuase he was brought back to life.
>>
>>81929066

They'll just keep de-aging him. He'll be the Ash Ketchum of DC to maintain that 10 year old brat charm.

But yeah, Dick is the only lucky Robin.
>>
File: tips snapback.gif (3 MB, 462x260) Image search: [Google]
tips snapback.gif
3 MB, 462x260
>>81929205
>He'll be the Ash Ketchum of DC
that means they'll get him right eventually.
>>
>>81924206
He turns into a 22 year old crybaby,
>>
>>81929339
Who is that hat-flinging semen demon?
>>
File: Serena_and_Fenniken.png (2 MB, 1366x1647) Image search: [Google]
Serena_and_Fenniken.png
2 MB, 1366x1647
>>81929472
Ash's latest waifu.
>>
>>81924206
I like him as a supporting character. He is definitely the worst Robin but that's just a relative thing with the other Robins being pretty damn good.
>>
>>81924243
Know that your precise and eloquent (and correct) summation of the Bat Family has not gone completely unappreciated due to your refraining from insults and flaming.
>>
More than the rest of the Batfamily, but that's probably just because I don't like Batman
>>
>>81929184
>The biggest reason to hate Jason Todd is becuase he was brought back to life
Literally why? He isn't the first or the last comic character to ever be brought back.
>>
>>81928662
>that smile
what did he mean by this?
>>
Red hood is cool when written like the punisher but a villian version with a moral code whos not afraid to kill but wont let his henchman sell drugs to kids and shit best jason was the red hood arc in the batman run it came shortly after hush i believe
>>
I liked Jason as DickBat's rival and the redeemed member of the family in Inc. but New 52 ruined everything decent about him
>>
File: robin.jpg (577 KB, 1491x2292) Image search: [Google]
robin.jpg
577 KB, 1491x2292
>>
>>81931333

Man, it is a shame Dick will never truly take over the mantle. He makes a great Batman, even when he's just being the 'eldest brother'.

Even on the Arkhamv Elseworld, he stays Nightwing after Bruce retires.
>>
I think he's the character with the most potential out of all Batkids, too bad no one seems to be able to write him well or give him a good story.

I think he'd be better off if he wasn't tied to the Batfam. Just have him go full anti-hero.
>>
>>81924436
Did you really just censor bitch? You pu$$y
>>
>>81932498
Tim would make a better Batman 2.0
Dick deserves his own identity and life

He was a fun grim!Light batman tho
>>
>>81931196
>but New 52 ruined everything
fixed that for you

I know it's a tall order but maybe they really should just do a complete reboot again and actually have the mindset to get it right.
>>
Unbearable doucbe bag is my favorite character trait so he's my favorite Robin.
>>
File: nightwing.jpg (301 KB, 427x1309) Image search: [Google]
nightwing.jpg
301 KB, 427x1309
>>81932498
I'll follow him anywhere
>>
>>81924206
Can't say he's my favorite, but anything is better than fucking Damien!
>>
I fucking love Alfred.
>>
>>81933991

Doesn't everyone?
>>
Dick, Damien, Kate, and Cassandra are the only members of the Batfamily worth a damn. Jason's a useless bitch, Tim's a fag, Babs and Steph are both incredibly annoying.
>>
>>81929165
You put the finger on it better than I ever could.
>>
>>81928855
>For an older lady, you're not so bad...
>Don't press your luck, kid. I can still put you across my knee...
Em-eff-dubya:
>>81928662
>>
File: Baka.png (75 KB, 289x270) Image search: [Google]
Baka.png
75 KB, 289x270
>>81924206

I do. Fuck haters.
>>
As robin no, but I like red hood.
>>
>>81934981
Fuck Damien, literally worst bat.
>>
File: WorldsFinestNo195.jpg (83 KB, 378x567) Image search: [Google]
WorldsFinestNo195.jpg
83 KB, 378x567
>>81928514
>indirectly causing their deaths

He runs over a van filled with people. He detonates explosives on cars knowing they have passengers. And he uses a straight up assault rifle on hostile humans. (Admittedly that last one was in a dream sequence, but still, what the fuck.)
>>
>>81928514
This is like Arrow season 1. Where Oliver is literally shot everyone in the heart but everyone says "naw they are fine!"
>>
I do but it's getting harder the longer Lobdell's the only one to write Red Hood. There's no reason Jason couldn't have a series as solid as Robin: Son of Batman or Grayson or even something as mediocre as Batman Beyond but it will never happen if DC keeps giving him back to Lobdell anytime it's up for grabs
>>
>>81937008
What? Season one of Arrow is all about how Oliver is a killer, and doesn't stop being a killer until season 2.
Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.