[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cliches you can't get enough of.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: iu[1].gif (55 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
iu[1].gif
55 KB, 650x450
Special fuckin' eyes, man. I know I was spoiled on it through bleach and Naruto, but I really wish I could think of some better examples because I know they exist. Vriska being one.

Anybody know any other examples? I like eyes that have absolute vision so to speak (i.e can detect when people go mucking about the timestream/see alternate realities). I even had a character with that ability from 2011 but I guess it'd get called a Sans ripoff if it ever got popular now, oh well.

I remember reading some book series years ago where a mage was fucking around with dark magic and got hourglass-shapde pupils. He could see the passage of time and described viewing his friends as seeing them "dying by inches".
>>
>>81923282
>Cliches
Learn the difference between a cliche and a trope.
>>
>>81923325
My bad, but I don't feel like remaking the thread to change the title, either.

Okay, how about this for a cliche then:

Revealing the big bad/any threat with a closeup shot of their eye opening.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
Time travel shenanigans resulting in historical figures teaming up.
>>
File: iron5-1.png (197 KB, 603x279) Image search: [Google]
iron5-1.png
197 KB, 603x279
>villain has some kinda catchphrase when he's hurting people, like "You will not enjoy this."
>hero battles villain and inflicts the same injury or maybe utterly dominates him
>then hero smirks and says "You will not enjoy this."
>>
>>81923282
>I remember reading some book series years ago where a mage was fucking around with dark magic and got hourglass-shapde pupils. He could see the passage of time and described viewing his friends as seeing them "dying by inches".
That was Raistlin from the Dragonlance series.
>>
>>81923282
>Miniboss squads
>Miniboss squads that all share a theme
>Miniboss squads that all share a theme with the hero

Also

>The villain flips the fuck out, loses all planning and composure, and just tries with all his might to kill the hero.
>>
>>81923527
Fuckin' thank you Anon. I wanna finish that series.
>>
when the goodie is all like i have to stop the baddy and the baddy is all like you can never win good guy and the goody is all like pew pew pew and the baddy is all like PEW PEW PEW AND THE GOOD GUY IS ALL LIKE PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW ARRRRRGH AND GETS HURT AND YOUR LIKE OH NOEZ DID HE DYD AND THEN THE BADDY IS ALL LIKE YOU CAN NEVER WIN AND THE GOODY IS ALL LIKE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AND THEN HE RUNS AT THE BAD GUY AND IS ALL LIKE PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW AND THE BAD GUY IS ALL LIKE OH NOES AND THEN THE GOODY IS ALL LIKE CYA LATER AND PEW PEW PEWS HIM ONE MORE TIME AND THEN HE WINS AND THE BAD GUY DIES but then the goody kisses the girl and thats gross :(
>>
>>81923357
One of them is always George Washington.
>>
>>81923325
>Learn the difference between a cliche and a trope.

Man, what do you mean? The eye thing is definitely a cliche. Any time a hack author wants to show a character is special in some way, they go straight for the eyes.

A good litmus test is to ask whether something would make sense in a parody. I can definitely imagine a guy in a parody saying "I'm the best boxer in the universe", taking off his sunglasses, and revealing fist-shaped pupils.
>>
>>81924095
>fist-shaped pupils.

I'd read it.
>>
File: 1460269072412.gif (1 MB, 386x286) Image search: [Google]
1460269072412.gif
1 MB, 386x286
>tragic character getting a taste of kindness
im addicted to this
>>
>>81923325
They're the same, troper.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.