[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Teslaphoresis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: teslaphoresis_leds_1.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
teslaphoresis_leds_1.gif
1 MB, 320x180
You guys ready to become Spider-Man?

Or Venom, if that's your thing.

http://news.rice.edu/2016/04/14/nanotubes-assemble-rice-introduces-teslaphoresis/
>>
>/co/
>too fucking stupid to understand the ramifications of this tech

Why am I not surprised? I bet if I made another mindless as fuck BvS thread, you dipshits would be all over it.
>>
this isn't /co/ related just because you namedropped a comic character, autardo supreme
>>
What exactly can be done with this?

I'll only accept answers from fellow juggalbros, they can be trusted, scientists are liars.
>>
>>81918567
>>81919825
jesus fuck don't have a cow dude
>>
>>81918567
Sorry about the shitposts OP, thank you for showing me this.

This isn't /co/, but it could have huge ramifications for the future.
>>
Aligning carbon nanotubes based on electrical fields. Reminds me of LCDs. Will probably find potential uses as an intermediary in the construction of delicate silicone circuitry and other delicate engineering processes that are susceptible to airborn debris.
>>
Does this mean I'll have Venom's large dick?
>>
>>81919825
If it makes you feel better /sci/ seems to care even less.
>>
>>81924123
Well it's just very fledgling. As it is all they have is carbon nanotubes kind of crunching together to form a vaguely fibrous thread. Plastics, protein studies, and other such molecular chemistry results are dozens of times more mind-blowing in this regard.

What's potentially revolutionary about this is how it can be started, stopped, and altered over distances (we're talking inches, not yards) by altering the electric field. And while this has potential for construction in systems which need to remain chemically isolated for whatever reason or in systems too small and compressed to allow for moving articulated machinery, the results are rather chaotic and poorly-understood right now. And going from this to practical application is potentially as dramatic as going from a dirty bomb to a nuclear bomb (i.e. what it took the Manhattan project 130k people and 5 years to figure out).
>>
THAT SHIT LOOKS CREEPY

MEN SHOULD NOT PLAY GODS

SHUT IT DOWN
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.