[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've finally gotten around to watching this, and as much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 14894548475.jpg (196 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
14894548475.jpg
196 KB, 1920x1080
I've finally gotten around to watching this, and as much as i love it thus far i can't help but wonder how the fuck did they manage to air it. I'm only a few episodes in and it has had enough, i guess the word i'm looking for is "controversial", stuff to blow south park out of the water, did it have as strong of a backlash as that did?
>>
A combination of being on late enough to have different rules, and being so popular that it can do whatever the hell it wants.
>>
Also please no spoilerinos, i'm having too much fun watching this
>Rick says the love serum doesn't work on blood relatives
His sister's gonna get it isn't she
>>
>>81910175
What controversial things?

The only things that I can see as maybe getting it pulled are the 9/11 joke and BDSM dream in lawnmower dogs
>>
>>81910284
Rick goes to space prison at the end of season 2
>>
>>81910358
Well, there's the dream like you said, and then there's the nudity, swearing, sexual "under"tones, gruesome death and dismemberment played straight, incest jokes, rape...
>>81910380
Joke's on you that's what got me in the series in the first place
>>
>>81910490
I'll give you the swearing and the gore, but pretty much the rest of it has been shown in Family Guy and the Simpsons and those shows are still running on normal TV.
>>
>>81910284
ah, you're watching the undisputed best episode

it's all downhill from here (seriously though the quality mostly stays solid)
>>
>>81910752
I think the one with the parasites is the series peak. That or Anatomy Park
>>
With the exception of the played straight rape scene, I don't see anything they've done get backlash. Mostly because of how hard it is to be controversial anymore. Death,torture,rape,terrorism and so on have been made fun of to a point that it's no longer so taboo to make fun of it. This really is mostly thanks to South Park, the defining show that basically pushed the boundaries so far out of what television is allowed to do it couldn't possibly be pushed anymore.

Same with gangsta rap and music.
>>
>>81910971
A rape scene? Had to look that one up.

Oh of course.. a homosexual rape.. jeez.

Also this show, I don't like it. I feel alone in this
>>
>>81911099
>a homosexual rape
>implying it makes it any less fucked up
If it makes you feel bettter anon, the sister almost get's raped in another episode as well.
>>
>>81911173

No. It's not that. It's just when they make rape scenes it's usually male-on-male.
>>
>>81911173
wait what? which episode?
I watched the shit outta this series a while ago but maybe I'm just forgetting.
>>
>>81911311
It's really quick but in the Gazopazorp episode when the Gazoprazorps kidnap Summer you see him spread her legs before Rick kills him.
>>
>>81911388
Oh, right. I almost completely forgot about the non-Morty part of that episode.
>>
God season 3 is going to be complete shit
>>
What gets me is that they can say "shit" but "Fuck" gets bleeped out.
>>
>>81911592
shit is the most recently allowed word
HOWEVER you still have a shit quota. i'm not exactly sure how many it is, but it's a single digit number of shits per episode. Archer usually hits it in a given episode, and partway through the ep you'll start hearing censored shits again
>>
>>81912050
Didn't South Park have an episode where they said shit over a hundred times though?
>>
just random shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUNu7GnJUe0&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>81912219
Yeah, "It hits the fan." Maybe there's some sort of shit threshold. Like if you say it more than 10 times, but less than a hundred, you get in trouble, but if you say it more than that, you're fine.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.