[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"In 2009 I started working on an animated adaptation of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: sausage party.jpg (74 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
sausage party.jpg
74 KB, 1000x500
"In 2009 I started working on an animated adaptation of The Killing Joke under the supervision of legendary Animation artist Bruce Timm. Two weeks into the project we were told to stop development because The Watchmen had underperformed at the box office and WB had lost faith in R rated superhero movies." -Phil Bourassa

I just found this quote, and I realized that The Killing Joke only resumed production once Deadpool, an R-rated superhero movie, had made bank.

You know what I can extrapolate from this? Sausage Party will give us The Goon and maybe even a Clone High movie. Deal with it, shitlords.
>>
>>81910139
I will never lose faith in the Goon movie.
Only Kickstarter I was satisfied with backing.
Got so much good shit.
>>
>>81910264
Like what? You never got to see the story reel.
>>
>Sausage Party will give us The Goon
Bullshit. If anything gave a chance for the Goon is was Deadpool
>>
>>81910426
Animated films have a stigma against them that isn't the same as the stigma against superhero movies. You're not very bright, are you?
>>
>>81910139
>and maybe even a Clone High movie
right because the last time DESIGNATED SHITTING PEOPLE threw a tantrum the show was cancelled
>>
>>81910139
>You know what I can extrapolate from this? Sausage Party will give us The Goon and maybe even a Clone High movie. Deal with it, shitlords.

Assuming it succeeds.

What happens if it fails/underperforms/just does meh, which is way more likely to happen?
>>
>>81910621

It'll be about Ghandi finding out that he's really a clone of Gary Coleman
>>
File: goon3_2.jpg (45 KB, 300x461) Image search: [Google]
goon3_2.jpg
45 KB, 300x461
>>81910542
>I don't know what the Goon is
Fuck off back to /tv/
>>
>>81910771
but this is /tv/ anon
>>
>>81910771
The Goon movie isn't going to be live-action, though, It's going to be animated.
>>
>>81910139
>Studio also did Thomas the Tank Engine
>>
Sausage party will succeed because of the stigma that cartoons for older audiences have rather than in spite of it. They'll see the film as a cheap novelty rather than as some boundary-breaking work.
>>
>>81910264
>tfw gave $300 to the KS when I still had expendable income
I never regretted this decision even if the updates have been slow as molasses and others are crying that it was essentially a "scam" since backers never get to see the animatic.

Whatever. I want my rated R animated film!!

I had to retire the t-shirt I got from the rewards tho since I wore it so much. That shit was comfy.
>>
>>81910542
True, but Goon is in the special position of having Miller also directing it. After his resounding success with Deadpool, he has stated that a lot of the people that declined on backing the Goon are now interested.
>>
>>81910139
Except one thing
Deadpool was a live action movie. While comics and cartoons are universally viewed as childish, cape MOVIES however are considered ok to watch by adults and normies everywhere. Deadpool's success will naturally spur other studios to make R-rated cape adaptations hoping to recreate that magic and they will probably succeed because it reaches a much broader audience than cartoons.
Now you have Sausage Party.....
Its R-rated animated movie about talking food. What kind of 'adult' is going to watch that? Oh yeah that's right. Stoners and man children, and actual children who get away with sneaking in and seeing it. This is it's audience, and we aren't going to get movies like The Goon, or Clone High from its success. We aren't going to see any Blacksads or Killing Jokes any time soon. Because people are still stuck on the stereotypes of animated movies. At best, youll just get more shit like Sausage Party. Raunchy, comedies with juvenile humor despite trying really hard to be mature and grown up.
>>
File: Agents of SHIELD gets good.jpg (26 KB, 500x312) Image search: [Google]
Agents of SHIELD gets good.jpg
26 KB, 500x312
>>81910139
>The Watchmen
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.