[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cape animated series thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 1024x768
Regardless of the weird art style this is easily the second greatest Batman interpretation in media. It's Bruce and Batman are spot on.
>>
>>81906837
Top kek
>>
>>81907013
He's kinda right, though.
>>
B:tas>Btbtb>BtB>Adam West Batman cartoon>>>>>TB
>>
>>81906837
It's problem was, that it brought nothing new to the table. It was just the childfriendly version of TAS. love or hat Brave and the Bold, it lest it was it's own thing.
>>
>>81907062
Top kek
>>
>>81907062
Im absolutely right. S1&2 were some of the best Batman media thats out there. Bruce was spot fucking on as was Batman. They have him prep time, competent and constantly using gadgets and his detective skills. Not to mention he barely talks and broods all the time.

Only BTAS did him better.
>>
>>81907294
>nothing new
>Completely different take on the Joker
As much as I hated it, even I have to admit that it was at least something new
>>
>>81907294
By own thing you mean love letter to Adam West era of Batman, right?
>>
>>81907294
This

>>81906837
>>81907062
Sorry you have bad taste
>>
>>81907294
Yeah but that was campy Batman and really isn't how he has behaved 95% of the time.
>>
>>81907356
If by different you mean shit, then I suppose
>>
>>81907361
Like campy Batman over brooding Batman isn't bad taste you colossal faggot its personal preference.
>>
>>81907418
Sorry you have bad taste
>>
>>81907408
Kek how many Batman comics have you even read homo? Not that many and it is apparent. Campy Batman is a small small small fraction of Batman's career. The Batman was much more accurate to how he usually behaves. Not to mention capturing his mannerisms and psyche perfectly.
>>
>>81907463
Sorry you have bad taste
>>
>>81907442
Liking campy Batman IS bad taste.
>>
>>81907508
Sorry you have bad taste
>>
>>81907267
only sensible taste in this thread
>>
>>81907360
>By own thing you mean love letter to Adam West era of Batman, right?
well, yeah.
>>
>>81906837
Yeah I like how The Batman is pretty much one of the only Batman shows where we get as much Bruce Wayne trying to do good as we do The Batman.
>>
>>81908280
Bruce Wayne was also a philanthropist in Beware and a HUGE one in the Adam West series.
>>
>>81908280
Yeah that was really refreshing actually
>>
>>81908280
It reminds me of YJ because of how they take the entire universe of DC and put it in a show with a strong focus towards one thing, by far the second best depiction of the JL outside of comics.
>>
>>81908363
Campy Batman isnt my cup of tea. I think him wanting to be happy but his parents tragedy not allowing it is far too important to his character and makes him much more interesting. The Batman balanced it really well.
>>
>>81908434
Their Batgirl and Robin were handled really well too. I loved that Bruce was never like who is Batgirl? He was just immediately like its Barbara Gordon. Then when the villains started to team up and he knew he needed help he just casually revealed who he was and continued on his mission because her knowing was no necessary.
>>
>>81906837
Season one and two were great. It didn't force itself to be so "Batmanny" and whatnot. I personally liked Yin and Bat's work relationship, and I thought the music helped add a spooky edge to the feeling of the show.

The problem is that they forced Batgirl and all that jazz. It should've just been about "The Batman" and play that he's so elusive and none know truly what he is. It was jus a different departure from the usual goham and a welcomed one in my opinion.
>>
>>81908599
Was necessary*
>>
>>81908434
Not to mention TDKR and Oracle were cannon in the future. Fucking based.
>>
>>81906837
Writing was bad, most villains felt one-note or the new interpretations didn't click right. Robin and Batgirl were incredibly obnoxious.

But the fight-scenes were goddamn spectacular.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfBiA9OzxXc
>>
>>81908895
I thought the writing was good. Never making Batman an idiot and making him always aware of what was going on was refreshing. The Strange zombie episode is a great example of that.
>>
>>81908834
"I'll pass the torch when the mission is over."
"We both know the mission will never be over."

That was a pretty GOAT episode.
>>
>>81906837
I watched the beginning of an episode and bruce wayne was at an opera or some shit listening to his headphones because it just wasn't his scene.

I turned it off and have not bothered watching another goddamn minute of it. After the images ive seen of his rogues gallery I don't regret this one bit.
>>
>>81909178
The art style is fucking weird but as far as characterization goes you are hard pressed to find another Batman show besides TAS that gets Bruce, Dick, Barbara and the League this right.
>>
File: Batman and Nightwing.gif (608 KB, 400x164) Image search: [Google]
Batman and Nightwing.gif
608 KB, 400x164
>>81907360
It was a love letter to Silver Age comics. Sure, they were shaped quite heavily by Adam West era, but Batman '66 wasn't the be all and end all of the Silver Age
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.