[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Elfquest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: elf1.jpg (47 KB, 305x474) Image search: [Google]
elf1.jpg
47 KB, 305x474
what are anons thoughts?

is it the one of the only comics that hasn't been infected by esjaydubsitis and Goatse?
>>
>>81904775

Now that the end is only about a year away, I'm actually pretty interested. There just seems to be an utter fuck ton of disorganized series and not much in handy collections and I like buying my comics.

Sadtrombone.gif.
>>
...This is still going? Holy shit.

Is it still all available online? And is there a reading guide somewhere? I remember the timeline being... confusing.
>>
>>81904775
Hard to have an opinion about something you haven't read.

>implying people don't talk shit abut stuff they haven't read all the damn time
In theory, it's hard to have an opinion of something you haven't read.
>>
>>81904775
Used to read it as a kid.

I'm old as fuck.
>>
>>81905016
Same. I got into it when the 3rd trade paperback was at a mall's BDalton. The 4th trade had been out for a while and my girlfriend at the time loved them. So I bought her a set of 4 and life was good.

It was an amazing series. I didn't bother reading any of the follow up material as I felt the story told up until the point of the palace being recovered was perfect.
>>
>>81904975
I've only seen it mentioned on /co/, and only for 3 reasons:
1) It's got some novel plot points
2) It's also got some really weird plot points
3) It's hard to collect physically

It's on my list of stuff to read for the first 2 points, but it's so long that I keep pushing it back.
>>
>>81905016
>>81906362

I got into it sometime in junior high, when I found the full-color collections in the library's graphic novel section. They were up to the eighth book, where Rayek took the palace into the future in an attempt to stop the original palace from going back in time.

Kept checking the library and the local Borders for new ones and caught all of the side stories and the Jink series, set in the far future when the humans had just started to unlock their own magic.

It wasn't until after I was in college that I figured out the WaRP in "WaRP Graphics" stood for "Wendy and Richard Pini"...

>>81904922

http://elfquest.com/read/digitalEQ.html

Was thrilled when I found out they were publishing a lot of it online, but I didn't think the later stuff was as good.
>>
I remember my brother had a hardcover of the stories from I think the first chapter to when the woods elves and the desert elves started getting along. I had a massive crush on half the brown girls but was too young to recognize what to do about it.
>>
>>81904775
One of the most legendary indie comics. Shame so few modern comic readers know about the history of indie comics.
>>
I started following it in high school; I had ordered some other thing mail-order (Art of John Byrne, IIR) and the catalogue they sent with it had a bunch of Elfquest back-issues (original series --magazine-sized). I thought that it looked good, so I ordered them all, and became addicted, picking the rest of them up as they ere published, at my local comic/card/coin/stamp shop..
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.