[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please tell me /co/ hasn't fallen for the memes and recognizes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: marthaman.jpg (135 KB, 1360x613) Image search: [Google]
marthaman.jpg
135 KB, 1360x613
Please tell me /co/ hasn't fallen for the memes and recognizes the poignancy of the "Martha" scene from BvS.
>>
Was getting caught part of your plan?
>>
Why did Superman refer to his mother by her first name?
>>
>>81903142
The plot and setup of the big climax of the second act was just a big misunderstanding that would have easily been fixed if they had just explained themselves.

It's literally romcom-tier.
>>
>>81903142

This is dumb as shit and wouldn't have been needed if either character was written as anything close to their characters.
>>
>>81903142
What comic or cartoon is this scene from?
>>
Whoop de do Clark is humanized.
Too bad the movie spent 2 hours prior and an entire movie before that saying humans suck and maybe they aren't worth saving. Clark being human not only doesn't resolve the "1% chance he might go bad" problem presented in the movie, it raises it to like 10-30%.
>>
>Batman literally got a message from the future proving Superman could go horribly wrong
>"woops he has a mom looks like he's automatically always good"
>>
>>81904094
THIS.

This is the real reason I couldn't stand MoS and won't give any other Snydersuper flicks the time of day, they just rustle my secular humanism jimmies.
>>
Do you guys have autism or are you just stupid?
>>
File: maybe.jpg (269 KB, 696x4010) Image search: [Google]
maybe.jpg
269 KB, 696x4010
>>81903142
It was weak. Maybe weak
>>
File: 1453860539671.jpg (19 KB, 289x289) Image search: [Google]
1453860539671.jpg
19 KB, 289x289
>>81903142
I understand it perfectly, but it's still stupid as all hell and doesn't cover up for the fact that if Superman had actually opened by TELLING Bruce that Lex had his mother, the whole fucking fight could have been avoided, which is why the scene falls right on its own stupid fucking face.

It's so fucking convoluted, but apparently they just HAD to cram it in there because apparently it was just THAT brilliant on its own.

God, BvS was fucking terrible.
>>
>>81904408
At no point does Clark make a smart decision.
He could've stopped the guys Bruce was chasing and talked to him then, and conflict over. Instead he has to rip the roof off the Batmobile and make threats to the guy that even he thinks is dangerously unstable. He could've landed immediately and said "I don't want to fight, I need your help" but then the big fight hype stuff from the trailer wouldn't happen.

I didn't like him being such a fuck up in MoS but I was eventually and begrudgingly willing to give it a pass because "it was his first day" but come the fuck on it's like he's gotten even worse since then.
>>
Well, if you change someone's mind with mentioning dead parents I guess it only can be batman, Bruce has maybe more parents issues than any other superhero.
>>
Stop acting like the Martha stuff was deep. Everyone with a working brain knows what it means, it was just stupid.
>>
>>81903142
Sons Of Martha
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.