[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stories You'd Make Into Movies.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Big Man Plans Issue 4.jpg (91 KB, 413x640) Image search: [Google]
Big Man Plans Issue 4.jpg
91 KB, 413x640
>Personally would pay for all the fees (Peter Dinklage's fee, Martin Scorsese's fee, etc.) to make this into a 3-hour movie if I only had Fuck You money.

Eric Powell is a god.
>>
>>81899458
agree
>>
>3-hour movie
>3-hour
What is wrong with you OP. I want to scream at you.
>>
>>81901071

>implying there's something wrong with 3-hours when they have an amazing story.
>>
>>81901285
Anon, a film's length should be appropriate to the material and genre. Big Man Plans is not a comic book you make a three hour movie for. Nothing about it merits a three hour running time. Aim for half that.
>>
>>81901424
This. It's the most straight forward payback action plot, just make it a tight rollercoaster ride
>>
File: Big Man Plans 2nd Killing.png (576 KB, 803x557) Image search: [Google]
Big Man Plans 2nd Killing.png
576 KB, 803x557
>>81901424

>Just gonna plow through his childhood/backstory like nothing, like some cheap 80's action flick.
>Not gonna go into detail about his time in Special (Handicap) Forces and his transition into trained-killing sociopath.
>Not gonna explain show more of the villain side planning to catch him.

Anything less than three hours won't do this film justice. Comic boos are different from film. In the issues, you can get past his training and briefly mention that is where he accepted the man he is today with just one panel. You can't just briefly mention that in a film with one scene; the audience is gonna feel like they got gypped and they'll get taken out a bit from being able to related to the character. The best thing about this story isn't the gore and violence, it's the character development. You're shown through all these moments in his life that accumulates his pain - all of it stemming from him being a dwarf. The world nonstop beating him and making him suffer just for being tiny. Every time he finds someone who gives him peace, they literally get destroyed and/or taken away. It's what allows you to accept him literally pulling apart a guy's head without being annoyed by him or thinking that killing is pretentious. The character development helps you understand his level of hatred being expressed like that. The background almost allows you to justify him getting revenge the way he did. It's like the Comedian Bill Burr said with Walter White in Breaking Bad, you get so acquainted and feeling with the character that you try to rationalize his actions to other people (who may not be that well-educated with the show). You gotta make sure you properly capture all the development within the film: growing up, the school bullying, Mother leaving, his Dad's funeral, the orphanage, the training, stint in Vietnam, trying to find himself, the Black girl, and THEN his vendetta crusade .
>>
>>81899458
Ending was lame.
>>
>>81899458
Garth Ennis Caliban pretty much felt like a movie pitch.
Or a Syfy ten ep show, like The Expanse.
I liked it, it was Alien af thou.
>>
>>81902517
>Anything less than three hours won't do this film justice
You are fucking retarded and you don't understand anything about films. I'm not reading your spoiler because this idea is too dumb.
>>
>>81902729

>Openly admits he won't listen to the argument, let alone address.
>Just resorts to emotional name-calling.
>Calls ME "retarded".

A lot of great films were three hours: LotR; the G,B,U, BvS, etc. Sorry you don't have enough Ritalin to sit through a movie like that.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.