[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You flew too close to the Sun... now look at you.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: PHDHoUG4AUNdHI_1_l.jpg (130 KB, 600x858) Image search: [Google]
PHDHoUG4AUNdHI_1_l.jpg
130 KB, 600x858
You flew too close to the Sun... now look at you.
>>
>>81898167
it won't even make 850 million. how sad.
>>
>>81898167
What the fuck does that even mean in this context? I haven't seen MoS in a while, did Zod say what he was trying to do to the Earth, if not, what the fuck was Lex talking about?
>>
>>81898350
Icarus, you uncultured pleb.
>>
>>81898576
I fucking know the story of Icarus, but what does that have to do with Zod?
>>
>>81898626
Same thing Lois had to do with Lolita: fucking nothing. Either Snyder or Goyer just kept forcing references to stuff in every other dialogue because it's cool I guess

>and everytime we say goodbye you die a little
>>
>>81898167
>>81898626
Truly to understand this you really have to look no further than the old pagan mythologies in which gods were often correlated to the sun. As subtly showcased in other scenes like pic related, when it comes to divinity humans can be rather regressive, when we can't understand what's going on we rely on symbols and try to put what we can see (the Sun) and what we can't (the God) on the same level. So for many Superman was really becoming like the Sun from the old myths, this powerful but unexplained (before science allowed us to understand it, of course) force of nature that we can only worship in awe and be thankful because of how it helps us go on (defeats the night, indirectly creates life and so on). Superman after all directly takes power from our sun, no?

Zod tried to defy that power, he went against what Superman represented to us puny humans, and that got him killed. He "flew too close to the Sun"
>>
>>81900529
>Zod tried to defy that power, he went against what Superman represented to us puny humans, and that got him killed. He "flew too close to the Sun"

But nobody knew who Superman was at the time he was fighting Zod, so he certainly didn't represent "the sun" then
>>
>tfw I just realized the Batman intro is a reference to Ju-On
BRAVO SNYDER
>>
>>81898909
Probably Snyder. Fits in with the meaningless religious/mythological symbolism. It's supposed to create the illusion that the film is cultured and smart, when in reality what's under the surface is far from that, if it's there at all.
>>
>>81900886
Doesn't matter! That's how Lex saw the situation!

Ah, whatever, i guess my "experiment" failed. Literally, i was only pretending to be retarded. Since made up headcanons seems to be all Snyderfags have i wanted to see if my bs was enough to make some come out of the woods to agree with me or even thank me for helping them appreciate the movie even more. There was a thread earlier today that was full of interactions like that
>>
>>81898167
>referencing Icarus

find your own gimmick, Superman
>>
>>81903683
I never asked for this.
>>
>>81898167
That time Bruce went up the stairs was a reference to Sisyphus, surely. Except Batsue didn't come back down.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.